Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help Scientology Member Marty Buttwinick Beat Pancreatic Cancer

Patron with Honors

Default Re: Help Scientology Member Marty Buttwinick Beat Pancreatic Cancer

Anyone knowing about his connection with Scientology could ask: why is this huge religion, which supposedly has millions and millions of people and wants to clear the planet, not able to help him? Aren't they supposed to have power over matter, energy, space, and time?
    Francois Tremblay
    Undercover agent for the Church of the Subgenius (Praise Bob)

It appears Marty Buttwinick has passed away.

From The Wrong Guy on WWP:

https://whyweprotest.net/threads/hel.../#post-2600759

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

Marty's last post on his Facebook page was on January 7th, where he changed his status to "feeling tired."

According to tributes left on Facebook, Marty died on January 10th.

https://www.facebook.com/mbuttwinick

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

3. Thanks I told you I was trouble, prosecco says "thank you" for this post

Quote Originally Posted by CommunicatorIC View Post
    Help Scientology Member Marty Buttwinick Beat Pancreatic Cancer.

The Go Fund Me:

https://www.gofundme.com/26qhw3g

Help Marty Beat Pancreatic Cancer

The last thing I thought I would ever be doing in my life is writing a letter to you asking for help. But considering the circumstances, itís really my only option, so thank you for reading this.

My name is Marty Buttwinick and I was recently diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. It was caught at an early stage and I donít have any major symptoms, yet, but there it is in plain sight, based on X-rays, CT Scans and a biopsy that were done at USC County Hospital last month. In a nutshell, if this cancer is not handled now, the odds for surviving are not good. And thatís why I need your help: to undergo treatment to contain it and reduce it before it spreads.

Unfortunately, the most effective type of treatment for my situation is not available in the U.S., so I am right now in Europe undergoing the first phase of a three-phase protocol. I personally witnessed a good friend of mine opting to do this European treatment about three years ago and that person not only handled the cancer, but is very much alive and well.

The good news, financially, is that this treatment is relatively economical compared to traditional treatments offered back home, the latter offering only a 6% chance of success. Economical as it is, there are still costs of food, shelter, and not working while undergoing the treatment. Thatís why Iím asking for a manageable total of $25,000, which will cover seven more weeks of the European protocol, followed by a doctor-supervised intensive nutrition regimen to take place either at a specialized clinic in New York, or in Mexico.

As a musician, teacher and author, I still have a lot of music to create, students to teach and books to write. And I have lots of friends (and will probably make many new ones because of this unexpected chapter in my life).

So please donate what you can, and share this GoFundMe link with your family, friends and associates so that they may contribute as well.

Thank you so much for your help.

Marty

Marty Buttwinick's Scientology Completions

http://www.truthaboutscientology.com...uttwinick.html

Marty Buttwinick in Scientology's Published Service Completion Lists

The following 25 individual completions for Marty Buttwinick appear in official Scientology publications:
    Marty Buttwinick PURIFICATION RUNDOWN Celebrity 1982-03-01
    Marty Buttwinick SUNSHINE RUNDOWN Celebrity 1983-03-01
    Marty Buttwinick FINANCIAL RESCUE COURSE Celebrity 220 1988-08-01
    Marty Buttwinick CLEAR CERTAINTY RUNDOWN Auditor 221 1988-10-01
    Marty Buttwinick ARC STRAIGHTWIRE Auditor 226 1989-07-01
    Marty Buttwinick THE DYNAMICS OF MONEY COURSE Celebrity 281 1994-12-01
    Marty Buttwinick STUDENT HAT Celebrity 315 1998-11-01
    Marty Buttwinick HUBBARD DIANETICS SEMINAR Celebrity 325 2000-05-01
    Marty Buttwinick ARC STRAIGHTWIRE Celebrity 341 2002-09-01
    Marty Buttwinick SCIENTOLOGY DRUG RUNDOWN Celebrity 341 2002-09-01
    Marty Buttwinick POSTULATES CONGRESS Celebrity 365 2005-04-01
    Marty Buttwinick DIANETICS & THE DIANETICS LECTURES AND DEMONSTRATIONS COURSE Celebrity 388 2008-03-01
    Marty Buttwinick FUNDAMENTALS OF THOUGHT COURSE Freewinds 71 2008-03-01
    Marty Buttwinick DIANETICS: THE ORIGINAL THESIS COURSE Celebrity 390 2008-06-01
    Marty Buttwinick DIANETICS: THE EVOLUTION OF A SCIENCE COURSE Celebrity 390 2008-06-01
    Marty Buttwinick FORMULAS FOR LIVING COURSE Celebrity 402 2011-03-01
    Marty Buttwinick SCIENTOLOGY TOOLS FOR OVERCOMING FINANCIAL STRESS COURSE Celebrity 402 2011-03-01
    Marty Buttwinick TRS & OBJECTIVES CO-AUDIT COURSE Celebrity 408 2012-02-01
    Marty Buttwinick HOW TO GET MOTIVATED Celebrity 408 2012-02-01
    Marty Buttwinick EFFECTIVE TIME MANAGEMENT Celebrity 408 2012-02-01
    Marty Buttwinick SETTING AND ACHIEVING YOUR GOALS Celebrity 408 2012-02-01
    Marty Buttwinick SCIENTOLOGY TOOLS FOR OVERCOMING FINANCIAL STRESS Celebrity 408 2012-02-01
    Marty Buttwinick SCIENTOLOGY PRINCIPLES OF PROSPERITY Celebrity 408 2012-02-01
    Marty Buttwinick THE PHILADELPHIA DOCTORATE COURSE Celebrity 412 2013-01-01
    Marty Buttwinick THE FACTORS: ADMIRATION AND THE RENAISSANCE OF BEINGNESS COURSE Celebrity 412 2013-01-01
    Note: The dates listed above are the approximate publication dates of the magazines, which may be weeks or months later than the actual date the service was completed.
    Marty Buttwinick in Scientology's Publications

The following 2 mentions of Marty Buttwinick appear in official Scientology publications:
    Marty Buttwinick Honor Roll of the IAS Impact 102 2002-12-01
    Marty Buttwinick Honor Roll Impact 114 2006-09-01
    Note: The dates listed above are the approximate publication dates of the magazines, which may be weeks or months later than the actual date the service was completed.
    Marty Buttwinick and the Clear List

Appearances by Marty Buttwinick in my Scientology Statistics Project Clear List database:
    Clear No. 15,589 MARTY BUTTWINICK, CC LA Auditor 160

Marty Buttwinick and Scientologist Online Sites

Marty Buttwinick has a Scientologist Online cookie-cutter web site: Marty Buttwinick - Scientologist Online site
    Marty Buttwinick and WISE Directories

WISE, the World Institute of Scientology Enterprises, publishes directories listing their members.

Marty Buttwinick appears in a recent WISE directory:
    2001 WISE Directory:Category: Publishing

Marty Buttwinick
    Sonata Publishing
    1277 S. Adams St.

Glendale, CA 91205-3644
    United States
    Tel. (1) 818-242-7551
    Fax (1) 818-242-5551
    E-Mail: sonata@[provider].net

Sad to say but Marty has reached one of the many destructive and disastrous side effects

CANCER is one of the EEE PEEs of Scientology

He is broke so he has to beg

I can't wait until this cult is shut down!

5. Thanks Out/Int says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Out/Int liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Knows View Post
    Sad to say but Marty has reached one of the many destructive and disastrous side effects

CANCER is one of the EEE PEEs of Scientology

He is broke so he has to beg

I can't wait until this cult is shut down!
    As noted above, it appears he can no longer beg because it appears he has passed away.

From The Wrong Guy on WWP:

https://whyweprotest.net/threads/hel.../#post-2600759

Marty's last post on his Facebook page was on January 7th, where he changed his status to "feeling tired."

According to tributes left on Facebook, Marty died on January 10th.

https://www.facebook.com/mbuttwinick

7. Thanks Out/Int, WildKat, AngeloV says "thank you" for this post
    Patron with Honors

What exactly is the difference between the Sciento-logical doctrine that "you pulled it in" and the New Age belief that bad events in your life are the result of your negative thoughts? They are both very cruel blaming the victim beliefs, which seem to be based on "you're worse off than me, so fuck you."
    Francois Tremblay
    Undercover agent for the Church of the Subgenius (Praise Bob)

9. Thanks Out/Int, WildKat says "thank you" for this post
    Likes lotus, JustSheila liked this post
    Gold Meritorious Patron WildKat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Francois Tremblay View Post
    What exactly is the difference between the Sciento-logical doctrine that "you pulled it in" and the New Age belief that bad events in your life are the result of your negative thoughts? They are both very cruel blaming the victim beliefs, which seem to be based on "you're worse off than me, so fuck you."
    At some point in the PTS course materials, cultists learn that in order to be PTS to something they must have overts in the area. This then paints the sick or diseased person as "not a good Scnist" who must have overts or didn't come clean in their sec-checking, and therefore it is OK to not have sympathy for them (not to mention sympathy is "low-toned"). And so they back away from them, and try not to think about the "entheta" and distraction. They are also then re-invigorated in their dedication to going up the Bridge, which, it is hoped fervently, will protect THEM from such a horrible fate.

The cognitive dissonance at this point in a cultist's life, must be deafening.
    Last edited by WildKat; 15th January 2017 at 08:44 PM.
    Dismayed and confused by terrorist attacks? Educate yourself and take action. https://www.theobjectivestandard.com...inst-the-west/

11. Likes AngeloV, Type4_PTS liked this post
    Gold Meritorious Patron HappyGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CommunicatorIC View Post
    It appears Marty Buttwinick has passed away.
    Aw. Bummer. This guy was a sweetie pie. He loved cats.

Silver Meritorious Patron cleared cannibal's Avatar

Not about Marty but Robin Hanses who was regg at St Louis for many many years is nearing the end with colo-rectal cancer,6 mos at the most.

I found this old post about her from Jim Little.

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthrea...St-Louis/page6

>>>
    Hi Immortal,

Yes, Robin Hanses went off to Flag for years and years to become a Class VI auditor, but in the end it didn't work out and she came back, did some amends projects and got posted back as the reg. Matt Hanses was the reg while Robin was out for training then he moved on up to HCO.

I feel bad for Robin she works her but off trying to get people to actually take courses, but when you are squeezing blood out of a turnip because the person has already been thru the ringer of IAS donations, Ideal Org donations, and buy your Basic Book packages blah blah blah there just isn't much left besides selling the kids for science experiments.

She has been written up by her own son because she was not pulling in the money like she should be doing. The STL Org got behind 3 months on their loan payments this year, but they made sure that the ISA and the Ideal Org Fund got their money. Makes me sick thinking about it.

The STL Staff work their asses off because they still believe there is a bridge to somewhere and they truly all want to help. They get paid peanuts and even the executives have to moonlight. Its been like this for decades and they can't just step out of that box and realize that its bullshit about Scientology really expanding. <<<

I feel bad about this in a way as she was one of the nicest people I ever met in Scn and I am probably responsible for some of the suppression which lead to this condition, at least she probably thinks this. I don't know why those in can't see that the tech does not give them any magically powers over things like this. Robin will be a cultist to the end and she feels it was her ethics problems which caused her disease. If there truly is an after life this is a hell of a way to enter it believing you caused it.
    It's better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you are not.

14. Thanks AngeloV says "thank you" for this post
    Patron with Honors

So sad to hear that Marty passed away. He was a kooky Scientologist but a good man and would do anything for his friends. RIP Marty~! I am sorry the cult ripped you off, gave you cancer and would not help you in your time of need.

The family is trying to "sell" his
    Scientology shit for 50% off the regular cult prices.

Makes me sick to think they have to resort to this - don't they know Scientology shit has no value.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12