Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1718192021222324252627

Thread: Mark "Marty" Rathbun addresses Tony Ortega, Carmen Llywelyn and Alonzo

Silver Meritorious Patron George Layton's Avatar

Default Re: Mark "Marty" Rathbun addresses Tony Ortega, Carmen Llywelyn and Alonzo

Quote Originally Posted by Omaro View Post
    The true issue here is that Tony Ortega was butt hurt that someone(Carmen) did not call him back. She was in New York and did an interview with dateline or 20/20. Tony called her and they spoke for 5-10 minutes about her ex husband and Tony's past issue on twitter. Tony told her how much he disliked Jason lee. He told her they should meet up for a drink. That was the entire conversation. After which tony had no story to write about as far as Carmen went. When the radar story came out shortly after Tony posted the ridiculous comment and now here we are. The comment is not a huge problem but when you see someone claiming to have enormous journalistic integrity while actually lying about something so small it would make a person start to dig into the other stories that this person has done.
    She did try and talk to tony through email after this to ask him why he would lie about such a little thing. With this information can you see that the comment and all the actions after the comment are not just a simple error in judgement by a supposed journalist? Tony may have been a journalist but he lost all impartiality long ago. From the information I have and have seen he's lost his integrity as well. He has made himself the main outlet of any anti Scientology information and it is how he survives financially. Which is not wrong but being truthful and actually caring about the people you claim to want to help should be a priority for any Human Being.
    The problem with comments like this, because it relates to scientology, is you can't ever tell:
    If it is just another smear put out by the church and if not put some fricken documents out.
    If it is from someone in scientology who has lost his marbles and has to play with hubbards now and if not put some fricken documents out.
    If it is fact and if so put some fricken documents out.
    Each time I spot hypocrisy, it turns around and points at me.

Default Re: Mark "Marty" Rathbun addresses Tony Ortega, Carmen Llywelyn and Alonzo

Quote Originally Posted by George Layton View Post
    The problem with comments like this, because it relates to scientology, is you can't ever tell:
    If it is just another smear put out by the church and if not put some fricken documents out.
    If it is from someone in scientology who has lost his marbles and has to play with hubbards now and if not put some fricken documents out.
    If it is fact and if so put some fricken documents out.
    what kind of documents? Documents that they spoke on the phone? People act like what Tony did is normal. But it's not normal for a journalist to do to Carmen what Tony did.. So then what about Tonys proof? Does he have docs she lied? Does he have docs she's delusional? How many times has Carmen publicly asked Tony to show her the interview he did with her so she can at least defend herself? He won't. However, Tony does have a real responsibility to provide proof for his accusations against her bc let's not forget it's him who openly accused her of lying first. That's what started this. It was always her defending herself after that. imho

Gold Meritorious Patron This is NOT OK !!!!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by uncover View Post
    Snip:

necro-thread
    Iím not saying that everyone who is in Scientology is stupid, but I will say that I was purposefully blind for a long time. Paul Haggis

Quote Originally Posted by Omaro View Post
    what kind of documents? Documents that they spoke on the phone? People act like what Tony did is normal. But it's not normal for a journalist to do to Carmen what Tony did.. So then what about Tonys proof? Does he have docs she lied? Does he have docs she's delusional? How many times has Carmen publicly asked Tony to show her the interview he did with her so she can at least defend herself? He won't. However, Tony does have a real responsibility to provide proof for his accusations against her bc let's not forget it's him who openly accused her of lying first. That's what started this. It was always her defending herself after that. imho
    If there's an actual story here, you can write it and stop blaming Tony for not writing it.
    Iím not saying that everyone who is in Scientology is stupid, but I will say that I was purposefully blind for a long time. Paul Haggis

5. Thanks lotus, Dulloldfart says "thank you" for this post
    Likes I told you I was trouble, tetloj liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by BunnySkull View Post
    There will be NO lawsuit against Tony and that is a ridiculous and totally baseless threat to make, which once again doesn't do anything for my opinion of Carmen. It's not illegal to state a opinion or POV on a conversation between two people. Tony did absolutely NOTHING that merits any type of lawsuit and Carmen is truly delusional if she thinks so. In fact isn't the type of threat the cult makes against critics? (The difference is only the cult has the six figures required to take any type of libel case to court, but you don't even see them trying that hail mary.). I don't even think in the UK, where libel laws are far more strict, that Carmen would have a case. But in the USA where the 1st Amendment is the law of the land (and journalists have a high degree of protection) - it looks like nothing more than silly butthurt internet legal threats. I'm sure her "threat" made Tony giggle and only reenforced his negative opinion of Carmen.

It sounds like Carmen would do much better with professional psychological counseling rather than trying to take on a destructive media fight against the cult. She obviously wants attention and to be listened to, but she is only causing harm to herself with these antics.

Your what hurts?

(Please cancel my registration immediately to this fake re-connection website for ex-Scientologists, I wouldn't be caught dead here.)

Nobody cancels anything here.

But if you try hard enough, you can get banned.

8. Thanks Jump says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Churchill, Karen#1 liked this post
    LOL! exsomessenger laughed at this post

Oh Wow, Carmen Llywelyn, is that really you, or someone pretending to be you?

Before all this kerfluffle between you and Tony Ortega and your posts on Marty's site, I thought you were pretty cool. You did a lot to expose the abuses of scientology and had a couple of pages of articles about it come up on a Google search.

I wish you and Tony had worked things out behind the scenes without all the blog posts.

I hope you still do.
    "Looking back on it I think I got these gains only because the processing made me self reflect and try to repair the damage done by it. So I made gains in spite of Scientology not because of it. It's better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you are not."

- Cleared Cannibal

10. Thanks HelluvaHoax! says "thank you" for this post
    Likes pebbles, Jump, Anonycat, Type4_PTS liked this post

Hey Carmen!

Since you're here you should stick around a bit. Pull up a seat.

(or if it's not really you Carmen, Hey OSA!)

12. Thanks Anonycat says "thank you" for this post
    Likes pebbles, JustSheila liked this post
    Crusader

Quote Originally Posted by Carmen Llywelyn View Post
    Your what hurts?

(Please cancel my registration immediately to this fake re-connection website for ex-Scientologists, I wouldn't be caught dead here.)
    It's too bad you think that, this place ESMB is actually more of a forum of ideas. You are free to speak what you want to say, you'll either get agreement or not or possibly debate, which means to question your line of thought and talk about it.

The only rule really is no ad hom, do realize that somebody questioning your idea or experience or POV is not ad hom.

This place is the wild west and you are free to communicate with no time delay of some moderator reading your post and allowing it to go thru after some time. What you post to comment is what you post, so post your comments accordingly.

14. Likes pebbles, JustSheila, Jump, Type4_PTS liked this post
    Gold Meritorious Sponsor HelluvaHoax!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carmen Llywelyn View Post
    Your what hurts?

Interesting...

I wonder what seems fake to you about this website. You're talking about ESMB right?

Scientology literally saved my life! Without Ron's books I would have frozen to death!!! (see avatar)

Scientology in one word? HelluvaHoax!

I never felt as free as when I freed myself from "Total Freedom".

For offended Scientologists reading this blasphemy about L. Ron Hubbard---my apologies for talking about real life without lying to you, like Scientology, with goo-goo theta-talk. I know you don't have a floating needle right now. You're not supposed to.

16. Thanks pebbles says "thank you" for this post
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1718192021222324252627