Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NEW Squeeze My Cans shows about Scientology coming in 2017

Default Re: NEW Squeeze My Cans shows about Scientology coming in 2017

It's in Nashville next week - I'm going!

Here's the schedule at link:

https://www.squeezemycans.com/
    "Looking back on it I think I got these gains only because the processing made me self reflect and try to repair the damage done by it. So I made gains in spite of Scientology not because of it. It's better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you are not."

- Cleared Cannibal

2. Likes Leland liked this post

( I don't think this is a spoiler....but a bonus bit of info )

My sister said at the back of the stage...up in the corner, was a Dollars Spent Number Counter, that starts at zero and goes higher and higher as her story progresses...

My sister didn't say if it went over 1 Million Dollars....but did say it got to over 900 thousand....!!

4. Thanks JustSheila says "thank you" for this post
    LOL! JustSheila laughed at this post

Nashville Scene interview with Cathy Schenkelberg of Squeeze My Cans.

Nashville Scene: Actress and Former Scientologist Cathy Schenkelberg Uncovers the Church’s Dark Side

http://www.nashvillescene.com/arts-c...-onewoman-show

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

Actress and Former Scientologist Cathy Schenkelberg Uncovers the Church’s Dark Side

Schenkelberg’s Squeeze My Cans comes to Bongo Java After Hours this weekend

By Megan Seling

Apr 6, 2017 5 AM

For nearly two decades, Cathy Schenkelberg’s entire life was tied up in Scientology. She’s shared a burger with John Travolta and had coffee with Kirstie Alley. She never did like Tom Cruise, Scientology’s most famous member, but that didn’t keep her from abandoning her burgeoning career as an actress to meet all of the church’s shocking demands while raising her daughter and handing over her money.

Now, after escaping the organization she calls a cult, she’s telling her story — mistakes and all — in a one-woman show titled Squeeze My Cans. The title is a play on words, inspired by the church’s “auditing” process, wherein church members grasp metal, can-like tubes that are hooked up to an “E-meter,” while recalling some of the most personal and/or traumatic moments in their lives. Some have accused the Church of Scientology of using this private information as a means of extortion against people who try to leave the church, but Schenkelberg shamelessly puts everything on the table herself — how she first fell into it, why she went along with it for as long as she did, and how she finally got out.

On a recent visit to Nashville, Schenkelberg sat down with the Scene to talk about her experiences and give more insight as to why she’s now sharing her story with the world, instead of running far away without ever looking back.

I want to start with the show. Can you give us a brief synopsis?

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

6. Thanks JustSheila says "thank you" for this post
    Likes JustSheila liked this post

Thanks, CommunicatorIC!

It's a terrific interview. Kathy talks a bit about her time in Scientology and her mother's reaction to the show.

I'm sure it will sell out. The Bongo After Hours is a nice venue and Kathy Schenkelberg's earlier rave reviews as well as terrific coverage by ''Nashville Scene" pretty much guarantees a huge crowd. I hope I get a chance to have a few words with her after the show.

The weather will be nice, too - which means everywhere will be packed for the weekend. Heads up to buy your tickets in advance!
    "Looking back on it I think I got these gains only because the processing made me self reflect and try to repair the damage done by it. So I made gains in spite of Scientology not because of it. It's better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you are not."

- Cleared Cannibal

PODCAST: Chris C [@MiamiSixthMan] of Come Get Sum [@CGSHere] reviews Cathy Schenkelberg's one woman show @SqueezeMyCans about Scientology

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/cgshere...queeze-my-cans

* * * * * BEGIN INTRODUCTION * * * * *

In August of last year I spoke to my first ex Scientologist Cathy Shenkelberg. She has been an Actress, Voice Actress and stage Actress but in this instance she was the every girl.Speaking with her made those things you wonder about much more clear and connected the dots. I thought after speaking to her I understood Scientology. I was wrong.

Cathy has been touring with her One Woman Show Squeeze My Cans since then and brought her show to Tampa FL. I finally got to see it.This is my brief review of that show!

Did the show live up to expectations? Was there a dry eye in the room? Do I understand Scientology now?

The answer to these questions and more will be answered on this episode of Come Get Sum!!!!

Follow Cathy on Twitter @SqueezeMyCans

Hellp Cathy's Hatch Fund: http://www.hatchfund.org/fund/squeeze_my_funds_matchfundhenkelberg

* * * * * END INTRODUCTION * * * * *

Hack attack against Squeeze My Cans one woman show about Scientology and Tampa Bay Times coverage of the show.

http://tonyortega.org/2017/04/08/you...ent-3246397327

10. Likes Leland liked this post

May 3-7: Squeeze My Cans show about Scientology at the 12 Peers Theater at the University of Pittsburgh Studio Theatre.

http://www.broadwayworld.com/pittsbu...s-May-20170411

12 Peers Theater announces an addition to their 2017 season, the touring production of Squeeze My Cans, written and performed by Cathy Schenkelberg, to be performed at the University of Pittsburgh Studio Theatre May 3-7, 2017.

Squeeze My Cans has hit theaters in Chicago and Los Angeles to critical and popular acclaim, selling-out houses and inspiring crowds who often stick around after, curious about the journey in and out of Scientology. Using only a chair, a stool, projections, lighting and nearly a million dollars, this show rockets the audience through this roller-coaster ride of the heart... but with aliens.

http://www.12peerstheater.org/

http://www.play.pitt.edu/about/perfo...studio-theatre

/

Squeeze My Cans one-woman show about Scientology at Gaslight Theater, St. Louis, MO from 5/31 to 6/4/17.

http://www.gaslighttheater.net/

The National Tour of "Squeeze My Cans" is coming to the Gaslight Theatre, courtesy of Citilites!

This one woman show, written and directed by Cathy Schenkelberg, focuses on her experience living and leaving scientology.

This is not the first time a former Scientologist has spoken out. If you were intrigued by the A&E show "Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath" you'll definitely want to get your ticket for this show!

May 31 - June 4 at the Gaslight Theatre in the Central West End. For tickets go to brownpapertickets.com or call 314-749-6897.

8pm Wednesday - Saturday and 2 shows at 3pm Saturday and Sunday

Click for Tickets

5/31 to 6/4/17: Squeeze My Cans one-woman show about Scientology at Gaslight Theater, St. Louis, MO

Broadway World -- Solo Show SQUEEZE MY CANS Explores Escape from Scientology

http://www.broadwayworld.com/st-loui...ology-20170521

The Church of Scientology owned actress Cathy Schenkelberg for 14 years. Citilites Theatre brings this engaging writer-performer to St. Louis to perform her new original solo show "Squeeze My Cans" for six performances (May 31 - June 4, 2017) at The Gaslight Theater.

Having spent much of her young adult life inside the cult, it took another 5 years to leave Scientology behind in the face of harassing phone calls, midnight knocks on her door by "outreach" staffers, an expensive custody battle, social rejection, and the hacking of websites of venues where she performed. Schenkelberg finds the courage to tell this hilarious and horrifying story under the direction of Shirley Anderson with lighting design by Steve Miller, sound design by Victoria Deiorio and graphic design by Brett Newton.

"Many of the people who went as far as I did in the Church, lost everything: family, friends, homes, bank accounts, identities and their actual lives." Cathy says, "I'm lucky to be here and healthy." Her introduction to the cult was innocent enough. As a young 20-something struggling to make a life for herself, uncertain where to turn for answers, a friend gave her the book Dianetics and an appointment to meet with someone named "Rich" at the Fine Arts Building in downtown Chicago.

Schenkelberg, brings "Squeeze My Cans" to St. Louis after successful runs in L.A, Chicago among other cities, before heading to the Edinburgh Festival. In presenting this cautionary tale, Cathy Schenkelberg hopes to reach: people who feel lost, desperate and alone, searching for answers to life's problems; those who have lost loved ones to a damaging cult, and anyone who has given up their identity, community and life-savings to organizations like Scientology.

"I've known Cathy for over 30 years," says Greg Hunsaker, Citilites artistic director. "Knowing her pre- Scientology persona, I'm honored to help her share her journey of escape, discovery, and optimism in the face of her new found freedom. On the heels of the success of Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath, I'm proud to present a show so timely and relevant."

For more information about Cathy or the show visit www.squeezemycans.com. For tickets go to BrownPaperTickets.com or call (314) 749-6897.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12