Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How Tom Cruise became so hated in Hollywood

Patron Meritorious

Default Re: How Tom Cruise became so hated in Hollywood

...and that stoopid hubcap he's wearing 'round his neck! Like that rapper who wears a clock on a gaudy gold(ish) chain...

Jack
    Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it.

"You remember only about the brass ring
    You forget all about the golden rule"
    -Bob Dylan Gonna Change My Way of Thinking

Every thing secret degenerates, even the administration of justice; nothing is safe that does not show how it can bear discussion and publicity.
    Lord Acton

Gold Meritorious Sponsor HelluvaHoax!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JackStraw View Post
    ...and that stoopid hubcap he's wearing 'round his neck! Like that rapper who wears a clock on a gaudy gold(ish) chain...

H

"Hey, check dis out!
    Yo, it be past 2 o'clock! Is y'all
    motherfuckin' stats up like Mr. Cruise?!"

--Flava Flav

Last edited by HelluvaHoax!; 18th May 2017 at 09:59 PM.

Scientology literally saved my life! Without Ron's books I would have frozen to death!!! (see avatar)

Scientology in one word? HelluvaHoax!

I never felt as free as when I freed myself from "Total Freedom".

For offended Scientologists reading this blasphemy about L. Ron Hubbard---my apologies for talking about real life without lying to you, like Scientology, with goo-goo theta-talk. I know you don't have a floating needle right now. You're not supposed to.

3. LOL! WhatWall, Enthetan, Lurker5, Knows, JackStraw and 5 others laughed at this post

Duplicate deleted.

Last edited by JustSheila; 2nd June 2017 at 02:31 PM.
    "Looking back on it I think I got these gains only because the processing made me self reflect and try to repair the damage done by it. So I made gains in spite of Scientology not because of it. It's better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you are not."

- Cleared Cannibal

Tom Cruise's security team blocks Sydney's Cross City tunnel to avoid paparazzi after Hollywood star touches down in Australia ahead of The Mummy premiere
    By Jade Watkins and Kristy Johnson For Daily Mail Australia

Tom Cruise has made his much anticipated arrival in Australia ahead of the premiere of his new movie The Mummy.
    The 54-year-old Hollywood star touched down in a private jet on Monday morning.
    Following his arrival, the actor's security team blocked a major Sydney tunnel in an effort to avoid paparazzi.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...#ixzz4iqapYFVa
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

This is exactly the sort of thing that makes people hate Tom Cruise and other celebrities like him.

It's not quite the big deal that the Daily Mail makes it out to be - Sydneysiders have been boycotting the ridiculous high tolls of the practically useless Cross City Tunnel for so long, most have forgotten it even exists, so it doesn't get that much traffic under the best of conditions. Gotta love the Aussies.

The expressway tunnel cost about $680 mil to build and was only completed mid-2005. Due to its expensive tolls and lack of traffic, mid-2014, it was sold for $475 mil, a huge loss. Sydneysiders were pretty angry about the extravagant waste of taxpayer dollars to build it and the years of terrible bottlenecks for the construction when the route didn't go where it needed to relieve congestion in the first place.

But shutting a tunnel to public for the exclusive use of an actor is just the sort of thing Clover Moore, Sydney Mayor, would do. She's such a flake with television celebrities and acted like a schoolgirl over Oprah Winfrey, paying for a huge lit, "O" on the Sydney Bridge as the city's New Year's Eve message during Oprah's visit. That certainly caused an uproar and controversy! It's not like she's a politician, or Australian, or some special humanitarian or anything. At least Oprah had the decency to appear on OZ television and participated in an old tradition, personally climbing the Sydney Bridge. Word is Oprah also got a good taste of the resentment Aussies felt for her special treatment and Oprah was glad to leave, never to return.

No doubt Tom Cruise will snub Sydney television and traditions, no matter how much Sydney Mayor Moore bows and scrapes to peddle for his attention. More importantly, Sydneysiders will surely let him know what they think of his special treatment and then snubbing their goodwill and magical city. I'm counting on it.

Last edited by JustSheila; 2nd June 2017 at 02:36 PM.
    "Looking back on it I think I got these gains only because the processing made me self reflect and try to repair the damage done by it. So I made gains in spite of Scientology not because of it. It's better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you are not."

- Cleared Cannibal

6. Thanks WhatWall, Enthetan, phenomanon says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Leland, phenomanon liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by JustSheila View Post
    [COLOR=#000000]

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...#ixzz4iqapYFVa

But shutting a tunnel to public for the exclusive use of an actor is just the sort of thing Clover Moore, Sydney Mayor, would do. She's such a flake with television celebrities and acted like a schoolgirl over Oprah Winfrey,
    From the article
    Several black Range Rovers were seen stationed at the entrance for a period of time, blocking traffic, before eventually proceeding through the tunnel.

It is believed that Tom was in the first vehicle, followed by his security team.
    It doesn't look like the police closed the tunnel. It looks like TC's security, in the trailing cars, decided to block access to the tunnel by parking at the entrance until TC was through. Which shows a really "special" level of arrogance.

If you don't want to deal with traffic, and you are wealthy, just take a freaking helicopter.
    “The man who does not value himself, cannot value anything or anyone.”
    ― Ayn Rand,

8. Thanks JustSheila says "thank you" for this post
    LOL! WhatWall, Leland laughed at this post

Quote Originally Posted by Enthetan View Post
    From the article

It doesn't look like the police closed the tunnel. It looks like TC's security, in the trailing cars, decided to block access to the tunnel by parking at the entrance until TC was through. Which shows a really "special" level of arrogance.

If you don't want to deal with traffic, and you are wealthy, just take a freaking helicopter.
    Thanks. Yeh, extra special arrogance, if that's the case, since Mayor Clover would surely have done it on her own anyway and probably even lit up a huge "TC" on the Sydney Bridge, too, if he'd even bothered to contact her. Easier to just take over on his own than get anything approved, right?

The cult's land in Chatswood is big enough to set up a TC helicopter pad and I'm sure DM would have SO slave labor do it if he ever expected TC to return there. I'm betting he won't come back again.

- Cleared Cannibal

10. Thanks WhatWall, Enthetan says "thank you" for this post

Before anyone gets excited, this is fake news. It's an ironic humor site.

Tom Cruise confirms he’ll play pilot of cargo plane hauling rubber dog shit out of Hong Kong in ‘Top Gun 2’

MALIBU, Calif. — Actor Tom Cruise has confirmed that “Top Gun 2” is happening, and he’ll be taking on the role of a cargo plane pilot who hauls rubber dog shit out of Hong Kong, sources confirmed today.

Cruise, who owes his superstardom to his portrayal of hot shot Navy fighter pilot “Maverick” as he trains at the elite “Top Gun” pilot school, says he’s excited to start filming an update to the 1986 blockbuster. Although moviegoers enjoyed the dogfighting scenes and homoerotic beach volleyball matches of the original film, Cruise says his role will be quite different in “Top Gun 2,” which is filming under the codename “Gold Base.”

According to sources, “Top Gun 2” is set roughly 25 years after the original where we meet “Maverick,” a washed-up former naval aviator who has found work as a cargo pilot for a Chinese toy manufacturer that specializes in novelty poop. As a flashback scene reveals, the career of Cruise’s heroic character Lt. Pete Mitchell ended after he was dismissed from the Navy for his role as a ringleader in the Tailhook scandal of 1991.

After meeting up with his old friend “Iceman” on a layover in San Francisco, both former Top Gun competitors take off their shirts for a game of volleyball while scaring away the local children due to their beer bellies and use of profanity.

More at: http://www.duffelblog.com/2017/05/tom-cruise-top-gun-2/

(It was this spoof article that brought me to the site though... absolutely hilarious :
    http://www.duffelblog.com/2017/06/kathy-griffin-donald-trump-beheading/)

- Cleared Cannibal

12. LOL! scooter, Leland, Enthetan laughed at this post

Tom Cruise confirms he’ll play pilot of cargo plane hauling rubber dog shit out of Hong Kong in ‘Top Gun 2’

MALIBU, Calif. — Actor Tom Cruise has confirmed that “Top Gun 2” is happening, and he’ll be taking on the role of a cargo plane pilot who hauls rubber dog shit out of Hong Kong, sources confirmed today.

Cruise, who owes his superstardom to his portrayal of hot shot Navy fighter pilot “Maverick” as he trains at the elite “Top Gun” pilot school, says he’s excited to start filming an update to the 1986 blockbuster. Although moviegoers enjoyed the dogfighting scenes and homoerotic beach volleyball matches of the original film, Cruise says his role will be quite different in “Top Gun 2,” which is filming under the codename “Gold Base.”
    I have it on good authority that there is a list of volunteers a mile (or ten) long that will happily exchange that fake plastic stuff with the real deal.

Just (and only) for dear ole Tom.

14. LOL! JustSheila, Lurker5, Enthetan, Jump laughed at this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12