Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Sad Detail About a Scientologist Who Passed Away That Y'All Should Know

Default A Sad Detail About a Scientologist Who Passed Away That Y'All Should Know

There was a person in my life I knew well who passed away a few years ago while on OT7.

I'd rather not go into details, as he (I'll call him 'Buck') was an active, practicing Scientologist and in good standing with COS right up until death.

Over the Christmas break I found out one of the last things he said with regret to a loved one (who is not a scn) was that he hadn't been dealing with reality.

I'm still reeling from this. Buck missed out on life, on time with his family, his loved ones, his parents and child. What an awful, painful thing to realize too late, when his life was ending, that Scientology had led him to be lost in the world of imagination and that it wasn't real, after all. All his sacrifices for the hope of saving himself for an eternity was just an exercise in imagination, a way of avoiding dealing with reality.

Though I'm glad Buck was able to see some of his old friends (even though they were declared SP, in his last few weeks, he didn't care about that) and some others he loved, there were others he didn't see or speak with for years and who passed away while he was in that imaginary land of the mind of Scientology and had no concept that life itself was passing him by. There he was, in his private world, going deeper and deeper into it until he was stuck in it. And then it was too late - his life was over.

It makes me think of Conrad Aiken's short story, "Silent Snow, Secret Snow."

Plot
    The story tells of a boy named Paul Hasleman, who finds it increasingly difficult to pay attention to his classwork, and grows more distant from his family. He is, instead, becoming more and more entranced by daydreaming about snow. This began when he was lying in bed one morning, awaiting the approach of the postman. Unable to hear the expected footfalls, the boy imagines that they have been muffled by newly fallen snow, and is surprised when he looks out the window and discovers that there is no snow on the ground.

Paul's increasing distance and indifference to the world around him alarms his parents. He has to struggle to get dressed and converse with others, because of the allure of his daydream about snow. They eventually call in a physician, who makes a house call to examine Paul. After revealing that he likes to think about snow, Paul tears himself away from the meeting with the physician and retires to his room. When his mother pursues him, he tells her "Go away... I hate you!", and is lost in the dreamworld of the snow.[1]

Interpretations
    The story tells of a normal boy's descent into a dream world of snow that he finds preferable to the "dirty", mundane world.[2] The story can also be thought of as a Symbolist rejection of reality.[3] The progressive withdrawal from reality and social relationships, as well as preoccupation with idiosyncratically meaningful ideas could be interpreted as characteristic of schizophrenia.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silent_Snow,_Secret_Snow

Last edited by JustSheila; 29th December 2016 at 12:57 AM.
    "Looking back on it I think I got these gains only because the processing made me self reflect and try to repair the damage done by it. So I made gains in spite of Scientology not because of it. It's better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you are not."

- Cleared Cannibal

2. Thanks Lulu Belle, Gizmo, dchoiceisalwaysrs, WildKat, Cat's Squirrel and 11 others says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Sidney18511 liked this post

Default Re: A Sad Detail About a Scientologist Who Passed Away That Y'All Should Know

Quote Originally Posted by JustSheila View Post
    What an awful, painful thing to realize too late, when his life was ending, that Scientology had led him to be lost in the world of imagination and that it wasn't real, after all. All his sacrifices for the hope of saving himself for an eternity was just an exercise in imagination, a way of avoiding dealing with reality.
    Yes, sad!

What you said is the miserable $cientology EP for many who didn't gave up

(I wish Leah Remini show may help many to wake up before it's too late)
    English is a second language I don't master, but I do my very best to improve .
    Please don't hesitate to correct anything that makes my writing difficult to read.
    Thank you.

4. Thanks Northern Shewolf, JustSheila says "thank you" for this post
    Likes dchoiceisalwaysrs liked this post
    Bitter defrocked apostate Freeminds's Avatar

Default Re: A Sad Detail About a Scientologist Who Passed Away That Y'All Should Know

I wonder if poor old LRH realised before the end. Or perhaps his dementia had developed to the point where that was no longer possible, and he was just a confused, sick old man. He must have known that Scientology didn't work, though. Anyway, to heck with him. Few Scientology victims actually die Scientology victims - but it's a shame to leave it so late.
    You don't have to worry about squirrels
    unless you are a nut.

6. Thanks Northern Shewolf, Enthetan, JustSheila says "thank you" for this post

Thanks.

I posted that for those who still practice Scientology as a flashing warning sign so they don't end up dying the same way - frantically hoping it can cure them, spending all their money on Scientology when medical help is needed, only to finally see at the end that it was just a big exercise in imagination and escape from reality.
    "Looking back on it I think I got these gains only because the processing made me self reflect and try to repair the damage done by it. So I made gains in spite of Scientology not because of it. It's better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you are not."

- Cleared Cannibal

8. Thanks Churchill says "thank you" for this post
    Goodby Goodluck

Quote Originally Posted by JustSheila View Post
    Thanks.

I posted that for those who still practice Scientology as a flashing warning sign so they don't end up dying the same way - frantically hoping it can cure them, spending all their money on Scientology when medical help is needed, only to finally see at the end that it was just a big exercise in imagination and escape from reality.
    Yes, and to allow one's "old" programming, since debunked countless times, to dictate ones path in the present is tragic.
    One need merely to look upon those who had traveled the Scilon path in order to determine that one should correct one's own trajectory through the crash and burn landscape left behind by one's predecessors on "the bridge" to far behind one's starting point and all of its fictitious yesterdays.
    Crack cocaine and booze are gateway drugs to Scientology

10. Thanks Northern Shewolf says "thank you" for this post
    Likes JustSheila liked this post
    Gold Meritorious Patron HappyGirl's Avatar

That is so sad, JustSheila. I was just talking with a fellow ex about some friends that are still in. She said even if DM is put in jail and Scio crumbles, they will never wake up. They are in their 70s, and they and their family have insulated themselves so thoroughly that they would just make up some excuse why there are no more orgs or events, or not even make up an excuse, I doubt they would even notice.

I personally saw them go through hell over so much because of Scio (me getting declared being one of them). But they think they are perfectly happy. They got into Scio when I did, early 70s. I guess they had no complaints big enough to wake them up and live real lives. Their child has been in a high post in the SO for decades, actually living with her husband and earning good money all those years. It is so sad to me, but inside their bubble they are happy. Their youngest, thankfully, seems not to be very active in Scio, and has had a "wog" girlfriend for years.

12. Thanks Edwardo, WildKat, Freeminds, Enthetan, Northern Shewolf and 1 others says "thank you" for this post

Quote Originally Posted by Freeminds View Post
    I wonder if poor old LRH realised before the end. Or perhaps his dementia had developed to the point where that was no longer possible, and he was just a confused, sick old man. He must have known that Scientology didn't work, though. Anyway, to heck with him. Few Scientology victims actually die Scientology victims - but it's a shame to leave it so late.
    Didn't I read someones account of how the 'ol man was ranting and raving about 'clusters' and such during his last days?

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all argument, and which cannot fail to keep man in everlasting ignorance. That principle is condemnation without investigation."
    Herbert Spencer

"In my Fathers house are many mansions"
    Jesus

"There's no place like home!"
    Dorothy

Goodby Goodluck

Quote Originally Posted by Rmack View Post
    Didn't I read someones account of how the 'ol man was ranting and raving about 'clusters' and such during his last days?
    Perhaps these "bt clusters" were the really the enraged souls of his deceased Scilon victims who had come back to pay their respects to the man that lead them off the cliff into the abyss and wanted to have at him.
    Last edited by DagwoodGum; 8th January 2017 at 01:05 PM.
    Crack cocaine and booze are gateway drugs to Scientology

15. Likes Enthetan liked this post
    LOL! phenomanon laughed at this post

I've had a few old friends who were still in Scientology when they died. They were true believers until the end.

I don't pity those who spend their lifetimes in Scientology and in the end they realized they were deceiving themselves.

I pity the ones who take their ridiculous certainty about Scientology with them to the grave.

Imagine it. Never doubting; never realizing.

That is a real wasted life.

The Anabaptist Jacques

17. Thanks LA SCN, Gizmo, tetloj, PirateAndBum, JustSheila and 2 others says "thank you" for this post
    Likes LA SCN, Churchill, Gizmo, Enthetan, JustSheila and 1 others liked this post

TAJ.

- Cleared Cannibal

19. Thanks The Anabaptist Jacques says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Churchill, phenomanon, Enthetan liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast