Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ranks in Scientology?

Crusader

Default Re: Ranks in Scientology?

Quote Originally Posted by TheOriginalBigBlue View Post
    I'm sure he thought he was being clever but there seems to be some universal law, or axiom if you will, that for every LRH bright idea there is a proportionate negative outcome.

The general public hold the military uniform in very high reverence. It represents family and friends who have made the ultimate sacrifice to preserve freedom and to destroy tyranny in military service. You might enjoy some short term gain by exploiting the use of the uniform but once the public understands that you are doing this out of some manipulative self serving whim it is reviled.

I used to have people come up to me and tell me how their late husband or father was in the Navy and all I could do was acknowledge them. I didn't have the heart to tell them it was something my religion wore because we wanted to look like the Navy - lanyard, cap, campaign bars, cheap shiny black shoes.

Ugh, I cringe to remember those moments. So young and stupid.
    totally agree Blue.

now that I know what huddard did, those scientology people, whether SO or staff at a local org, wearing a uniform that show up at my door, or even in a reg office, trying to reg me, or persuade me, why they have no effect of authority on me, even the ED or Ethics Officer.

Now, it is true, as you state, that a police officer or similar, showing up at my door, why I do have respect for him, if wearing a uniform, all things considered.

Now, as an opposing viewpoint, from men in uniform, we have

the white rose

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Rose

and the mothers of de Plaza:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mother..._Plaza_de_Mayo
    Last edited by Gib; 12th January 2017 at 05:16 AM.

2. Thanks TheOriginalBigBlue, Babel Fish says "thank you" for this post

Quote Originally Posted by Dulloldfart View Post
    Pilot is not a Scientology post or title as such. There are two uses: one is the regular ship usage, like when an SO ship is approaching port and needs to take on a local qualified to navigate local hazards. The other is a fictional character as an important part of a highly confidential incident 75 million years ago [sic].

I suppose there's a third: Ken Ogger was a Scientologist who wrote copiously online about Scn technical matters and used the name "The Pilot" for anonymity.

Paul

Any idea what the significance of this pin is? I've seen it listed on ebay titled "Scientology pilot wings pin" I assumed this was the pin I heard talked about in that interview I mentioned.
    All spelling errors are caused by my PTS auto-correct

I'm on Adderall

Quote Originally Posted by Babel Fish View Post

Any idea what the significance of this pin is? I've seen it listed on ebay titled "Scientology pilot wings pin" I assumed this was the pin I heard talked about in that interview I mentioned.

I seem to recall that at one time people were issued with a pin like that when they qualified to solo audit on the OT levels. It signified they were now "flying solo".

However, I didn't receive one of those in the 1980's so maybe it had been phased out by then.

By the way, if I am correct then this is nothing to do with being staff or sea org. It was for anyone doing the OT levels, including public.

5. Thanks Enthetan, Babel Fish says "thank you" for this post

Quote Originally Posted by ThetanExterior View Post
    I seem to recall that at one time people were issued with a pin like that when they qualified to solo audit on the OT levels. It signified they were now "flying solo".

However, I didn't receive one of those in the 1980's so maybe it had been phased out by then.

By the way, if I am correct then this is nothing to do with being staff or sea org. It was for anyone doing the OT levels, including public.
    The back says 1982 LRH
    All spelling errors are caused by my PTS auto-correct

I'm on Adderall

Quote Originally Posted by Babel Fish View Post
    The back says 1982 LRH
    It was about 1989 when I did the OT levels.

8. Thanks Babel Fish says "thank you" for this post
    Squirrel Extraordinaire Dulloldfart's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ThetanExterior View Post

Yeah. It was a cheap pin sold in the bookstore that could be worn upon completion of the Solo Auditor Course, Part 1 I think. Part 1 took weeks part time, Part 2 a few days. It was a promo gimmick.

Paul
    PaulsRobot Iconic now available for use at www.PaulsRobot2.com. With Auto-Report. Video here. Introductory post here. Debug post here. Dipoles post here.

10. Thanks phenomanon, TheOriginalBigBlue, Enthetan, ThetanExterior, Babel Fish says "thank you" for this post
    Likes phenomanon liked this post

Does anyone else remember this one nut from around 1980?

He would stand by Hollywood Blvd, usually, wearing an WWII era looking khaki military dress uniform with a HUGE amount of medals and such on his coat, and plastic toy rocket ships at four corners of his officer's hat, saluting selected people as they drove by. I called him admiral of the space cadets.

I always got a salute.

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all argument, and which cannot fail to keep man in everlasting ignorance. That principle is condemnation without investigation."
    Herbert Spencer

"In my Fathers house are many mansions"
    Jesus

"There's no place like home!"
    Dorothy

12. Likes Dulloldfart liked this post
    LOL! tesseract laughed at this post
    Gold Meritorious Patron phenomanon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PirateAndBum View Post
    Funny that the Hubs claimed rank in the SO. I've never seen his signed billion year contract and I doubt he ever signed one.

Hubbard was not a Scientologist. Scientologists were his subjects/minions.
    The world was his chessboard, and we were his pieces.
    When one of his pieces got close to the King, he would knock them off the board. Now they are his broken pieces.
    It's good to be The Master of The Universe!
    phenomanon

14. Thanks Jump says "thank you" for this post
    Likes PirateAndBum liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by lotus View Post

Babygirl, did you see the one that was put out later entitled " Sea Org and the Future Cancelled"?

Someone can surely post it ?
    phenomanon

16. Thanks lotus, Dulloldfart says "thank you" for this post

Quote Originally Posted by Rmack View Post
    Does anyone else remember this one nut from around 1980?

He would stand by Hollywood Blvd, usually, wearing an WWII era looking khaki military dress uniform with a HUGE amount of medals and such on his coat, and plastic toy rocket ships at four corners of his officer's hat, saluting selected people as they drove by. I called him admiral of the space cadets.

I always got a salute.
    Yeah. That Dude was a Hollywood landmark.
    phenomanon

18. Thanks Rmack says "thank you" for this post
    LOL! Rmack laughed at this post
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast