Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: FORCED ABORTION

Default Re: FORCED ABORTION

Quote Originally Posted by anon1 View Post
    I grew up without a father. He was on staff and wasn't able to pay child support so my mother refused to let him see me. I used to hate my mum for doing that to me and to a degree I still think she should have let him see me. But since leaving the church I have felt more anger towards my dad for choosing staff over his kids. Anyhow, it's sad because now he is ageing and I don't have a relationship with him.
    It's not that he wasn't able to pay child support. It's that he would not have been able to stay on staff if he had to pay child support. If your mom went to court and asked them to make him pay support, the court would have told him "Leave your volunteer work for Scientology, get a real job, and support your kid".

But your mom knew that attempting to do so would have gotten her declared. So it was both of them.

For me, one reason for getting out was that I knew that Sea Org recruiters would soon want to talk to my eldest kid, and having been Sea Org, I didn't want my kids recruited for it. So I began distancing my family from Scientology.
    “The man who does not value himself, cannot value anything or anyone.”
    ― Ayn Rand,

Quote Originally Posted by Enthetan View Post
    It's not that he wasn't able to pay child support. It's that he would not have been able to stay on staff if he had to pay child support. If your mom went to court and asked them to make him pay support, the court would have told him "Leave your volunteer work for Scientology, get a real job, and support your kid".

But your mom knew that attempting to do so would have gotten her declared. So it was both of them.

For me, one reason for getting out was that I knew that Sea Org recruiters would soon want to talk to my eldest kid, and having been Sea Org, I didn't want my kids recruited for it. So I began distancing my family from Scientology.
    Well done to you for being a great parent. My life is totally fine now and I try not to dwell on the past, however I am drawn towards academia and I wasted the years when I should have gone to college on staff. I remember waking up on my 21st birthday crying incessantly. I was so depressed. At the time I thought I was low toned but now I know I was one of the few who felt in my hear something wasn't right.

I could have definitely achieved much more with a better foundation.

For anyone sitting on the fence: please, please get your kids out of this cult.

Quote Originally Posted by anon1 View Post
    Well done to you for being a great parent. My life is totally fine now and I try not to dwell on the past, however I am drawn towards academia and I wasted the years when I should have gone to college on staff. I remember waking up on my 21st birthday crying incessantly. I was so depressed. At the time I thought I was low toned but now I know I was one of the few who felt in my hear something wasn't right.

I could have definitely achieved much more with a better foundation.

For anyone sitting on the fence: please, please get your kids out of this cult.
    When I was in the Sea Org at Flag, there came a point where I realized that, if I stayed much longer, it would be very hard to resume my pre-SO career. I would have to decide if I really wanted to spend my whole life in the SO. If not, I should bug out immediately. So I left. I didn't do the routing form, I just walked out on my dinner hour, got a cab, and got on a plane.

For everybody who stays, who stays in for years and years, losing all contact with all their pre-Scientology friends and family, who stay in long past the point where they can leave and easily resume their pre-Scn jobs -- it was their decision. They might have been fooled about the abilities they would gain. They might have been fooled about Scn changing the world for the better. But the ultimate decision to stay was theirs.

Even for the "forced" abortions -- for the most part, nobody I know was held down and aborted against her will. They were each given a choice: abort or be kicked out of the SO and all your SO associates will look upon you as a degraded being because you chose to have a child rather than getting on with the mission to "save the planet". And so they went to Planned Parenthood.

Once at the abortion facility, they each had the option of saying "Could I please use your phone for a moment?", calling 911, and saying "I've been being held against my will, could I please get a ride to a women's shelter?". But they didn't. The psychological hold which Scn had over them was more powerful than any physical chains could be.
    “The man who does not value himself, cannot value anything or anyone.”
    ― Ayn Rand,

Quote Originally Posted by Enthetan View Post
    When I was in the Sea Org at Flag, there came a point where I realized that, if I stayed much longer, it would be very hard to resume my pre-SO career. I would have to decide if I really wanted to spend my whole life in the SO. If not, I should bug out immediately. So I left. I didn't do the routing form, I just walked out on my dinner hour, got a cab, and got on a plane.

For everybody who stays, who stays in for years and years, losing all contact with all their pre-Scientology friends and family, who stay in long past the point where they can leave and easily resume their pre-Scn jobs -- it was their decision. They might have been fooled about the abilities they would gain. They might have been fooled about Scn changing the world for the better. But the ultimate decision to stay was theirs.

Even for the "forced" abortions -- for the most part, nobody I know was held down and aborted against her will. They were each given a choice: abort or be kicked out of the SO and all your SO associates will look upon you as a degraded being because you chose to have a child rather than getting on with the mission to "save the planet". And so they went to Planned Parenthood.

Once at the abortion facility, they each had the option of saying "Could I please use your phone for a moment?", calling 911, and saying "I've been being held against my will, could I please get a ride to a women's shelter?". But they didn't. The psychological hold which Scn had over them was more powerful than any physical chains could be.
    Exactly. Amazing that you just walked out. That takes some guts. Once those shackles come off though, there's nothing much in life that will ever hold you down again. Just as those scn chains can be more solid than real ones, so can your mind after scn be more sturdy than reinforced concrete. No one can ever manipulate me again.

5. Thanks Enthetan says "thank you" for this post
    Likes AngeloV liked this post
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678