Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 56

Thread: Newly Exiting

  1. #41
    Operating teatime Jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    South Pacific.
    Posts
    5,385

    Default Re: Newly Exiting

    Quote Originally Posted by ImNoAlien View Post
    It would be nice to be able to lookup the email address, I didn't really think it would be that easy. Would prefer to be able to look up the details without having to ask the org for their email thus letting them postulate why I am asking for it.

    Perhaps you know a rich Nigerian prince that is desperate to go to the highest OT levels in this lifetime...

    "Of course, if it's true that Mr. Hubbard was never injured during the war,
    then he never did heal himself using Dianetics principles,
    then Dianetics is based on a lie, and then Scientology is based on a lie." - Tommy Davis


  2. LOL! tesseract laughed at this post
  3. #42
    Squirrel Extraordinaire Dulloldfart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    North-East England
    Posts
    23,772

    Default Re: Newly Exiting

    Quote Originally Posted by ImNoAlien View Post
    It would be nice to be able to lookup the email address, I didn't really think it would be that easy. Would prefer to be able to look up the details without having to ask the org for their email thus letting them postulate why I am asking for it.
    OK, thanks. If you can find the org's website, try "info@domain," e.g. "info@scientology-lasvegas.org" or whatever. They should have a catch-all email address that someone monitors, and you can have a more specific addressee -- like Treasury Sec or Chaplain etc -- in the subject line or body of the message. There's no guarantee this will work, as "ability to receive communications from anyone on any subject" would be a scary power for a Scientologist to have.

    Paul
    PaulsRobot Iconic now available for use at www.PaulsRobot2.com. With Auto-Report. Video here. Introductory post here. Debug post here. Dipoles post here.

  4. Likes dchoiceisalwaysrs liked this post
    LOL! Enthetan, phenomanon, dchoiceisalwaysrs laughed at this post
  5. #43

    Default Re: Newly Exiting

    Quote Originally Posted by Dulloldfart View Post
    OK, thanks. If you can find the org's website, try "info@domain," e.g. "info@scientology-lasvegas.org" or whatever. They should have a catch-all email address that someone monitors, and you can have a more specific addressee -- like Treasury Sec or Chaplain etc -- in the subject line or body of the message. There's no guarantee this will work, as "ability to receive communications from anyone on any subject" would be a scary power for a Scientologist to have.

    Paul
    That's great Paul, thank you. I will give it a try.

    A question of opinion for you. Do you think email is the best way to communicate or do you have another suggestion? Should I front up there with letter in hand and have it be resolved immediately or will I get a more cooperative response if I exchange emails? Trying to make sure I proceed in the best way possible.

  6. #44
    Patron with Honors
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    221

    Default Re: Newly Exiting

    Quote Originally Posted by ImNoAlien View Post
    That's great Paul, thank you. I will give it a try.

    A question of opinion for you. Do you think email is the best way to communicate or do you have another suggestion? Should I front up there with letter in hand and have it be resolved immediately or will I get a more cooperative response if I exchange emails? Trying to make sure I proceed in the best way possible.
    Send it regular mail, e mail so you have a record.

    Never do it in person or on the phone - they will spin you until you can't see straight.

    That is what Scientology has perfected for 65 years - how to con and scam and keep the money.

  7. Likes Enthetan liked this post
  8. #45
    Gold Meritorious Patron
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,805

    Default Re: Newly Exiting

    Quote Originally Posted by ImNoAlien View Post
    Hi all, dragging this post up for an update.

    I have finally managed, after weeks of asking, to obtain a copy of my account statement. Actually, a photograph of a copy, but it's all there. I have a letter prepared to complete with the last details, exact amount etc, but I do not want to send it via snail mail nor let the Org have access to my new address to reply, and the only email I have is the personal email of the Day ED.

    So, my question is, how do I find out where to send this request to without setting off alarm bells that this is what I'm sending them?



    On a personal note - I'm feeling more and more fortunate by the day that I have been able to make this decision to leave without the need to experience the horrors I would have otherwise had to go through had I not been able to research and find the accounts of so many survivors. I hope that many more people like myself are able to benefit from the wisdom of your shared experiences.
    Send it by local messenger marked as payment enclosed. Put in 10 or 20Ę to pay for the cost of the photo copy.
    I would recommend using the address of a different local courier as the return address then inform that messenger courier to accept on your behalf for their usual fee. They can then deliver it to you the following day via different driver ( essentially thus untrackable by the org ).

    Note; delivery companies can deliver back to you or hold for you using ONLY their internally generated tracking number.

    Call around to such services ,explain what you want done and why you want it confidential an ask them for their solution. Don't forget to mark the envelope you send with $$$$$$$$$$$ enclosed. Lol
    Last edited by dchoiceisalwaysrs; 15th February 2017 at 03:51 AM.
    Current technical issues resulting in typos, missed wording and punctuation etc. Hope you can make out what I am trying to say or joke about. Oh and auto correct I mean auto incorrect puts changed words in my posts. In the mountains so signal- connection whenever or dropouts mid posts etc. Lol

  9. Thanks Out/Int says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Enthetan, Out/Int liked this post
  10. #46
    Squirrel Extraordinaire Dulloldfart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    North-East England
    Posts
    23,772

    Default Re: Newly Exiting

    Quote Originally Posted by ImNoAlien View Post
    That's great Paul, thank you. I will give it a try.

    A question of opinion for you. Do you think email is the best way to communicate or do you have another suggestion? Should I front up there with letter in hand and have it be resolved immediately or will I get a more cooperative response if I exchange emails? Trying to make sure I proceed in the best way possible.
    There are 31 threads on ESMB with "repayment" in the title: it is a popular topic here, with the experiences of many people detailed. To access them click on "Advanced Search" up in the top right of the page. Under Search for Posts , type "repayment" (without the quote marks) in the Keyword(s) box. On the same line, toggle to "Search Titles Only" instead of the default "Search Entire Posts". Then click "Search Now", with no need to change anything else.

    If you have a no-nonsense type friend to go with you -- preferably handcuffed together so you can't be separated (only half-joking here) -- you could deliver a letter in person. That way they can't pretend they didn't get it. But if you go alone you risk being dissuaded. As for instant resolution, don't hold your breath: pulling teeth is easier. Sending an email is not positive enough, as when you don't hear back you don't know if anyone read it, or is the Dir Comm sitting on it, the ED, or what.

    Good luck.

    Paul
    PaulsRobot Iconic now available for use at www.PaulsRobot2.com. With Auto-Report. Video here. Introductory post here. Debug post here. Dipoles post here.

  11. #47

    Default Re: Newly Exiting

    Thank you for the detailed instructions, I have used the search before but I'm guessing you get a lot of people who do not search by the way that was explained. Just for fun, I searched repayment and it turns out I've read all but 1 of those threads.

    As this is a relatively small amount of money by comparison to most people's stories, I am still very interested in any opinions of how to handle this, you all are experienced with their ways unlike myself so anything you can suggest is appreciated. I like the idea of using couriers dchoiceisalwaysrs, very clever way to keep them at bay.

  12. Thanks dchoiceisalwaysrs says "thank you" for this post
  13. #48

    Default Re: Newly Exiting

    Quote Originally Posted by Dulloldfart View Post
    There are 31 threads on ESMB with "repayment" in the title: it is a popular topic here, with the experiences of many people detailed. To access them click on "Advanced Search" up in the top right of the page. Under Search for Posts , type "repayment" (without the quote marks) in the Keyword(s) box. On the same line, toggle to "Search Titles Only" instead of the default "Search Entire Posts". Then click "Search Now", with no need to change anything else.

    If you have a no-nonsense type friend to go with you -- preferably handcuffed together so you can't be separated (only half-joking here) -- you could deliver a letter in person. That way they can't pretend they didn't get it. But if you go alone you risk being dissuaded. As for instant resolution, don't hold your breath: pulling teeth is easier. Sending an email is not positive enough, as when you don't hear back you don't know if anyone read it, or is the Dir Comm sitting on it, the ED, or what.

    Good luck.

    Paul
    Delivering a letter in person is not necessarily going to prove you gave it to them. They can always lie and deny they ever saw you or the letter, unless you video yourself giving it to them. Better to send it registered mail.

    If they accept it, you have evidence of sending it to them. If they refuse to accept it, the post office will still give you a receipt saying they refused, which is also evidence.

    It might be amusing to have a non-Scn friend video himself delivering your letter to Reception, and in the video stating what is in the letter. Check your local laws on whether all parties are required to consent to be recorded.
    If you donít offend anyone, you also donít inspire anyone.

  14. Thanks tesseract, Dulloldfart says "thank you" for this post
  15. #49
    Gold Meritorious Patron
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    3,710

    Default Re: Newly Exiting

    Quote Originally Posted by Enthetan View Post
    Delivering a letter in person is not necessarily going to prove you gave it to them. They can always lie and deny they ever saw you or the letter, unless you video yourself giving it to them. Better to send it registered mail.

    If they accept it, you have evidence of sending it to them. If they refuse to accept it, the post office will still give you a receipt saying they refused, which is also evidence.

    It might be amusing to have a non-Scn friend video himself delivering your letter to Reception, and in the video stating what is in the letter. Check your local laws on whether all parties are required to consent to be recorded.
    Good post. In the UK (and I assume it';s the same in the US) if you're thinking of taking legal action against them you can instruct a solicitor (or attorney in the US) to issue a writ, which is delivered by the solicitor himself or his representative after the person to whom the writ has to be delivered has confirmed his identity. Again, that way they can't deny having received it - but that way, and going through the courts, is more expensive. (Must admit I like the idea of the friend with the video camera).
    "Life constantly changes. Some of the changes we like, some we hate, but it keeps changing."

    - Bo Lozoff

    "Dream more, learn more, care more and be more.Ē

    - Dolly Parton

  16. Thanks Enthetan says "thank you" for this post
  17. #50
    Gold Meritorious Patron clamicide's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    3,044

    Default Re: Newly Exiting

    Quote Originally Posted by Enthetan View Post
    Delivering a letter in person is not necessarily going to prove you gave it to them. They can always lie and deny they ever saw you or the letter, unless you video yourself giving it to them. Better to send it registered mail.

    If they accept it, you have evidence of sending it to them. If they refuse to accept it, the post office will still give you a receipt saying they refused, which is also evidence.

    It might be amusing to have a non-Scn friend video himself delivering your letter to Reception, and in the video stating what is in the letter. Check your local laws on whether all parties are required to consent to be recorded.
    They will refuse the registered mail. It's one of the first things any receptionist in an org is taught. There's some policy about it that I remember being put onto almost every checksheet I did as a staff member (and I wasn't even in that department).
    I don't recognize you--I've changed a lot. Oscar Wilde

    "I used to have a lot of faith in humanity before the advent of the website 'comment' section" -- Jim Gaffigan

    I joined a religion started by a science fiction writer that used a double cross as its symbol, and then they tried to sell me a bridge.....what could have possibly gone wrong?

    We are soldiers of life against these artificial minds. From "The Enemy" by Tramontane.

  18. Thanks Enthetan says "thank you" for this post
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Exiting the Echo Chamber
    By mockingbird in forum General Scientology Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 27th September 2015, 01:11 PM
  2. People newly out of scientology & ESMB
    By Free to shine in forum General Scientology Discussion
    Replies: 240
    Last Post: 16th September 2012, 10:57 AM
  3. Change to newly registered members functionality
    By Emma in forum ESMB Public Announcements
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 2nd January 2011, 11:05 PM
  4. To Share with the newly out.
    By GreyWolf in forum General Scientology Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 30th June 2010, 01:57 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •