Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Newly Exiting

Gold Meritorious Patron This is NOT OK !!!!'s Avatar

Default Re: Newly Exiting

Sorry to LOL your last post.

Don't count on that check ever happening, especially with you departing from the area. Out of sight, out of mind.

That being said, it would be a pleasure to read that you did in fact get paid.

Bon voyage!
    Iím not saying that everyone who is in Scientology is stupid, but I will say that I was purposefully blind for a long time. Paul Haggis

Gold Meritorious Patron TheOriginalBigBlue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImNoAlien View Post
    Thanks for the advice. I have already been in and signed all the forms and I'm now leaving the country, so as far as I am concerned I will not have to see them again. Big relief on my part. The cheque is being picked up by a third party and will be forwarded to me by them.

So, I'm out! And it feels sooooo goooood!
    I do hope it is that easy but I'll retain my apprehensions until the check is in hand and clears. Please let us know how it goes. This may still trigger an SP declare or ethics cycle of some sort and it wouldn't surprise me if they call you in to deal with that as a prerequisite. This of course would be an attempt to keep the money and "salvage" you as a paying public. Would also be interested if they type some kind of waiver or contractual type agreement on the check's endorsement.

Ive already signed waivers, a statement that I refuse handling etc
    Just because I'm moving on, doesn't mean I'm letting this go. I understand the negativity of some of you, but I'm not the type that will just roll over and let them get away with their ill gotten gains. If need be I will take the next step.

4. Thanks TheOriginalBigBlue says "thank you" for this post
    Likes dchoiceisalwaysrs liked this post
    Gold Meritorious Patron TheOriginalBigBlue's Avatar

Ive already signed waivers, a statement that I refuse handling etc
    Just because I'm moving on, doesn't mean I'm letting this go. I understand the negativity of some of you, but I'm not the type that will just roll over and let them get away with their ill gotten gains. If need be I will take the next step.
    Let's just say "skeptical and apprehensive".

The policies, at least in my day, clearly allowed for refunds. The thing is, this is a very schizophrenic outfit and the application or interpretation of policy can depend on who you are dealing with. Ironic considering all the emphasis placed on standard application of policy and tech but you might get somebody who is actually helpful one moment and a complete jerk the next. From my own experience, a lot had to do with who had your back to run interference with all the crap. Maybe you will be fortunate to get one of those.

Internally, things probably started to deteriorate badly with the creation of the Sea Org circa 1967 soon to be followed by implementation of the RPF but from the public's perception the 1982 Mission Holders Conference (read: take over) probably marked the beginning of the long decline away from things like cooperating with refunds.

6. Thanks phenomanon, ImNoAlien says "thank you" for this post
    Gold Meritorious Patron

Thanks for the advice. I have already been in and signed all the forms and I'm now leaving the country, so as far as I am concerned I will not have to see them again. Big relief on my part. The cheque is being picked up by a third party and will be forwarded to me by them.

So, I'm out! And it feels sooooo goooood!
    Congrats.

8. Thanks ImNoAlien says "thank you" for this post
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567