Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1415161718192021222324

Thread: What if it wasn't dub in?

Default Re: What if it wasn't dub in?

Terril, did you ever notice on R3R the pc tended to run " track" on whatever they were now ? An EO would run incidents about being an EO, oh, X thousands of years ago ?
    or a salesman ran being a salesman? A tennis player ran playing tennis ' back there ?

Didn't they strike you odd ?

If it was a dub in - how come it was reading on the meter ( only run reading items, remember ? )

I get old Hubbards slippery differentiation of mock up & dub in - but really ?

Mock up & dub in sure seem the exact same thing.

Mix the clear cog ( mocking it up ) with dub in ( your version = making it up ) & what's the dang difference ?

The smoke & mirrors get so thin !
    Last edited by Gizmo; 19th July 2017 at 11:28 PM.
    Ain't life grand !

Over the years, I've come to really believe there is here & now . . . . . . . only.

2. Likes Bluebell liked this post

Default Re: What if it wasn't dub in?

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    These days I don't think about the cult & it's doings very often, but, this " what if wasn't dub in" is pretty funny to me,

Here's why, being the - drum rolls please - mighty " Clear Cog " is - flashy fanfare please - ' I'm mocking it up ".

Would someone of you " Masters of Tek as written by Source " kindly explain the difference to dumb me the exact difference in " mocking it up " & " dub in " ?

I mean that one baffles me. I even tried a " demo " ( for the first time in quarter of a century 1 ) of this " mocking it up " & " dub in " !

I even drug out a big fat heavy dictionary to no avail in discerning how to split this hair between " mocking it up " & " dub in ".

Maybe one of you sharp people can explain to me what this " mocking it up " is and then how that ain't " dub in ".

help ! Looks like just more double speak to me.

Terril can you help ?
    Like you, I don't think about scn that much anymore. But I do remember how I thought about this when I was in scn. I'll explain "I'm mocking up my own reactive mind" as I understood it.

To me, this did not mean, "I'm making up stuff to tell the auditor." It meant I, the thetan, made a decision to take pictures of events in the physical universe which contained force and mass, and to become the effect of these pictures. I had agreed to be the effect of this mechanism called the reactive mind, which I was creating. That, to me, was "mocking up my reactive mind."

Dub in was stuff you ran in session that hadn't actually happened the way it seemed to you. These were pictures that weren't real. At the time I didn't worry about differentiating them from "real" pictures, 'cause Ron said it didn't really matter. Was I mocking that up too? Well, I guess.

How much of the track stuff was real? I'm now inclined to think probably none of it. Do past lives exist? I don't know. I take an agnostic position on that currently. But I don't worry about it.
    I had a dream I was awake and awoke to find I was asleep. -- Stan Laurel

4. Likes Gizmo, Bluebell liked this post

Default What if it wasn't what Hubs told us it was?

Can I take it that ' stuff that isn't true ' is dub in ?

Then, if I'm mocking it up . . . . is it 'true' ?

If we were mocking up our bank, uh, wasn't bank the sum total of our insanities ( per that fella who called hisself source ).

[[[[[[[[[[ Did sauced on drugs & booze ever men source ? ]]]]]]]]]]
    Ain't life grand !

Over the years, I've come to really believe there is here & now . . . . . . . only.

6. Thanks pineapple says "thank you" for this post

Default Re: What if it wasn't what Hubs told us it was?

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    - snip -
    Then, if I'm mocking it up . . . . is it 'true' ?
    - snip -
    That thought even occurred to me back then, but I didn't dwell on it.
    I had a dream I was awake and awoke to find I was asleep. -- Stan Laurel

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1415161718192021222324