Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Philosopher's stone processes?

Default Re: Philosopher's stone processes?

Oh, one more thing, before ending this.

Years ago, there was something called "The Four Magic Questions," which, IIRC, were essentially questions meant to provide some emotional relief to a person, or change the person's outlook for the better.

The originator of this was a guy named Jack Horner, who was one of people who came under attack during Hubbard's Amprinistics http://suppressiveperson.org/1965/09...-amprinistics/ Fair Game frenzy in the mid 1960s.

Perhaps Phenomanon has these four questions somewhere.

I once had a book with them listed but I think I gave it away.

Have you looked into the Monroe Institute. They do interesting things with sound.

Lots to explore.

Yet, there's nothing quite like a brisk swim in a cold ocean. That, and similar simple and stimulating activities, may be the best "processes."

Visit the Ex Scientologist Message Board web site for selected content from ESMB and more: http://exscn.net/

Gold Meritorious Patron phenomanon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by roz303 View Post
    I'm interested in it because, number one, it caught LRH's eye enough to trigger one hell of a response. Number two, I can't find a trace of it beyond vague descriptions anywhere on the internet.

Needless to say, the more elusive, the more interested I become.

DM me if you have any data on it.
    deleted
    Last edited by phenomanon; 9th February 2017 at 08:37 PM.
    phenomanon

Gold Meritorious Patron

Quote Originally Posted by Veda View Post
    Some more odds and ends.

In 1937 a book titled, 'The Middle Pillar' by Israel Regardie was published.

Wrote Regardie:

"[Psycho-therapeutic] Analysis is the logical precursor of spiritual attainment and Magical experiment... Not until the mind and the emotional system have been cleansed and unified by the cathartic process... can the full spiritual benefits of magical work be reflected into the mind of man.

...We should remember the parables of the archaic philosophical religions whose fundamental tenet was that within man was a spirit, a dynamic center of consciousness which, because of its contact and association with matter, had been plunged into a profound sleep, a kind of somnambulism...

By endeavoring to extend the horizon of consciousness, to enlarge the field of awareness so as to embrace what previously was unconscious, is obviously a logical method. To become aware of all our actions, our thoughts and emotions and unsuspected motives, to regard them in their true light as actually they are and not as we would like them to be or as we would wish an onlooker to perceive them. It requires, to take this step, an extraordinary degree of honesty and courage... The more of this suppressed and forgotten material stored in this at one time unknown or dormant side of our nature that can be raised to the clear light of day, by exactly so much do we awake from the inert stupor into which we have in the past been plunged."

P.S. Those acquainted with Scientology may find the Middle Pillar ritual somewhat more understandable if it's regarded as a kind of etheric touch assist.

_______

This audio/video is sometimes difficult to hear but, if one clicks the top, and goes to YouTube video, there's a transcription of it.

This is Carl Jung addressing his Soul, or perhaps "Higher Self" or "Over Soul" would be a better description.

There are many views on how the notion of a Soul (capital "S") should be regarded. One holds that the person on Earth is no more his entire being than a finger tip is the entire physical body. Re-uniting the finger tip with the rest of the body (the "lower soul" with the "Higher Soul"), according to some, will occur at the end of the person's physical life. Others attempt this connection in this life through prayer, meditation, and other mental/spiritual disciplines.

In Scientology, there is no "Higher Self" or "Higher Soul" recognized, and Scientologists tend to see themselves as the compete expression of their being, They are "thetans" who proudly announce that they do not have a soul but are a soul. Yet, what if there is a Higher Soul, and Scientologists have cut themselves off from that? The result: many little Scientologists with giant egos, cut off from further spiritual exploration that may have made them whole.

Years ago, I even experimented ("squirrelling") with this area, using the basic format of an auditing session. The client ("pc"), after a brief description/discussion of the notion of a Higher Self, was asked if there was (forgive the Scientologese, it was a long time ago) an "ARC break" with the Higher Self, with idea of opening a line of communication. It was interesting but not earth-shaking.

It's perhaps noteworthy that Aleister Crowley wrote of "the knowledge and conversation with one's Holy Guardian Angel" as an objective of Magic(k)al study and exercise. Crowley, towards the end of his life, admitted that his "Holy Guardian Angel" may not have been a separate being, but an aspect of his own mind.

(And to Scientologists reading this. No, this is not about "BTs.")

Even Hubbard wrote (in the 1940s) of his Guardian Angel, whom he named, and seemed to regard her (it was a female) as a separate being.

In any event, this audio/visio by Jung is worth hearing, IMO. It does appear the Jung regarded himself as the lesser expression of a greater Being (no matter how one wishes to word it), one with which he wished to re-acquaint himself.

_______

It's likely Roz303 isn't interested in any of this.

But who knows
    Regardie also wrote a book called "The Art of True Healing", which is more basic than his Middle Pillar book and yet covers the Middle Pillar meditation in detail. The Middle Pillar is also covered, more briefly, in Gerald Suster's biography of Regardie; which is where I first saw it.

I agree with much of what you say here except that despite my own background in Scn I never saw it as a touch assist (and I used to do it a lot; it got me through a very rough patch once) and don't think it's helpful to see it that way. It's more like a kind of inverse Kundalini meditation, except that it goes from top to bottom as opposed to from bottom to top.

IMO, if you want to do the Middle Pillar, just do it the way Regardie and Suster say you should and you'll be fine. Actually, Regardie said in one of his books that you should do the Lesser Banishing Ritual first but tbh I was desperate at the time and just cracked on with it, and it worked great.

I don't claim to be an Adept like Regardie, just someone who used a particular practice when I needed it (and IMO nothing else would have worked then). I still use it occasionally, especially during a difficult night when I have trouble sleeping and need something to get me energised for the next day; when I have something to do that day for which flopping around all day like a wet rag wouldn't be a good idea.
    Last edited by Cat's Squirrel; 17th February 2017 at 12:47 AM.
    "Life constantly changes. Some of the changes we like, some we hate, but it keeps changing."

- Bo Lozoff

"Dream more, learn more, care more and be more.”

- Dolly Parton

Gold Meritorious Sponsor HelluvaHoax!'s Avatar

I tried it. . .

But, I am still feeling slightly critical of Ron and Scientology.

Hopefully, can someone tell me if I am perhaps doing something wrong?

Scientology literally saved my life! Without Ron's books I would have frozen to death!!! (see avatar)

Scientology in one word? HelluvaHoax!

I never felt as free as when I freed myself from "Total Freedom".

For offended Scientologists reading this blasphemy about L. Ron Hubbard---my apologies for talking about real life without lying to you, like Scientology, with goo-goo theta-talk. I know you don't have a floating needle right now. You're not supposed to.

5. LOL! Jump laughed at this post
    Gold Meritorious Patron

post deleted
    Last edited by Cat's Squirrel; 16th February 2017 at 06:36 PM.
    "Life constantly changes. Some of the changes we like, some we hate, but it keeps changing."

- Bo Lozoff

- Dolly Parton

Quote Originally Posted by HelluvaHoax! View Post

I tried it. . .

But, I am still feeling slightly critical of Ron and Scientology.

Hopefully, can someone tell me if I am perhaps doing something wrong?
    Know you're just kidding, but, of course, this has nothing to do with eliminating the feeling of being critical of Scientology.

This and another post are just a random mix of antecedents of some of the less toxic aspects of Scientology.

I include this sort of thing now and then so that roz 303, and any lurkers, might find a little more variation of material.

Visit the Ex Scientologist Message Board web site for selected content from ESMB and more: http://exscn.net/

8. Thanks HelluvaHoax! says "thank you" for this post
    Gold Meritorious Patron

I've not tried this particular variant, but somebody might want to give it a go;

http://ananael.blogspot.co.uk/2016/0...le-pillar.html

TBH though, I think it's a shame that the Middle Pillar should have been mentioned in connection with Scientology, because there is a chance that people's understandable antipathy towards the latter could rub off on it and I feel it deserves to be apprehended in its own right. As far as I've gone on the Bridge, I haven't seen anything which resembles it at all.
    Last edited by Cat's Squirrel; 17th February 2017 at 11:26 AM.

- Bo Lozoff

- Dolly Parton

While we're on this stuff, this is the Wim Hof technique of control over the autonomic systems. He can swim through ice water by upregulating his body temperature.

He claims the technique brought him out of grief and depression. It is a breathing technique and claimed to be easily learned. Stamford have verified some claims.

"Of course, if it's true that Mr. Hubbard was never injured during the war,
    then he never did heal himself using Dianetics principles,
    then Dianetics is based on a lie, and then Scientology is based on a lie." - Tommy Davis

11. Thanks Cat's Squirrel says "thank you" for this post

"Go to heaven for the climate and hell for the company." –Mark Twain

"Religion and theology must not be confounded. Religion is not doctrine, but a new birth." - R. Falckenberg History of Modern Philosophy (on German mysticism).

13. Thanks Cat's Squirrel says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Jump, ILove2Lurk, tesseract liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12