Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cancer and stress in Scientology

Default Re: Cancer and stress in Scientology

Quote Originally Posted by WildKat View Post
    Is EKG standard testing for your age group? Anyway, glad they did it and caught the condition. Thinking of asking for one of those myself. Had a routine check-up last year and they did not do it. Only recommended colonoscopy.
    EKG is not a routine part of checkups these days, but I reported that I was getting occasional twinges of chest pain when exerting myself.
    Find out just what a people will submit to, and you have found out the exact amount of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them; and these will continue till they are resisted with either words or blows, or with both. The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. -- Frederick Douglass

2. Thanks WildKat says "thank you" for this post

Two points here:

1) the stress and anxiety when on the solo levels in the cult is very much part of the cult's management practice intended by them to get their "stats" . . . the pre-OT client is constantly threatened by the system to "keep his/her stats up" . . . and any case difficulties encountered (usually caused by bum handling by the cult, not by any real goof by the pre-OT) threatens "loss of your eternity" if you don't buckle to the system and do as it dictates.
    The cult is killing itself with this scenario alone . . .

2) On the EKG thing . . . best is what is called a "Calcium Count" scan of the thorax. I had one last year (I won't bore you with details of why my med consultant MD suggested it) . . . it is very, very low dose "x-ray" scan of the thorax to pick up any sludge, plaque or calcification in the area. Reason being, this is the shit that gums up the system and brings you down . . . the good news is that we found I am as clean as a whistle (and there are reasons for that!!!!)

My Doc was a little amazed and impressed, and I related to him the why and how come . . .
    Even my aorta down through my abdomen is absolutely clear, free and solid as a rock (no aneurysms).

The scan also shows the integrity of bone density in the area . . . i.e., absence of osteoporosis.

Looks like youse are going to have to put up with me for the next 100 years!
    Life is supposed to be enjoyed, Mate!

Don't show me the money . . . give me the TRUTH!
    Visit: http://knowledgism-practice-group.org

4. Likes castle70, WildKat liked this post
    Silver Meritorious Patron cleared cannibal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Enthetan View Post
    I've been staff, Sea Org, and public. Personally, I've seen more stress as public.

On staff and SO, I tended to go numb. It was a daily grind, I was poor, I needed sleep, but after a while I stopped caring. When you don't have any more caring left inside you, there is no more stress.
    Only been public but the pressure and stress is relentless if they know you have something to give. Couple that with some family members who are believers and the threat of disconnection and stress maybe an understatement . On kind of a play on Hubbard's "we would rather see you dead than unable" statement, it is kind of like we will get your money and soul or you will be declared suppressive.

I have noticed the last year or so they tend to back off and leave you alone some if you start throwing entheta at them. Has to be private comms not public of course. I think all the negative PR has had an effect. Not exactly sure how because the clams supposedly don't generally see it so I don't know if there has been new policy handed down from the top on how to deal with members and their entheta or that the reggs and execs do see more of this anti Scn things than they let on about.

I find it somewhat amusing that illness and death is treated as an an out ethics condition. Of the OTs I have known about that died there was really nothing mentioned about them officially. It is kind of like MacAurthur said about old soldiers, they just fade away.
    It's better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you are not.

6. Thanks Enthetan says "thank you" for this post
    Likes TheOriginalBigBlue liked this post

8. Thanks Enthetan says "thank you" for this post
    Silver Meritorious Patron TheOriginalBigBlue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cleared cannibal View Post
    Only been public but the pressure and stress is relentless if they know you have something to give. Couple that with some family members who are believers and the threat of disconnection and stress maybe an understatement . On kind of a play on Hubbard's "we would rather see you dead than unable" statement, it is kind of like we will get your money and soul or you will be declared suppressive.

I have noticed the last year or so they tend to back off and leave you alone some if you start throwing entheta at them. Has to be private comms not public of course. I think all the negative PR has had an effect. Not exactly sure how because the clams supposedly don't generally see it so I don't know if there has been new policy handed down from the top on how to deal with members and their entheta or that the reggs and execs do see more of this anti Scn things than they let on about.

I find it somewhat amusing that illness and death is treated as an an out ethics condition. Of the OTs I have known about that died there was really nothing mentioned about them officially. It is kind of like MacAurthur said about old soldiers, they just fade away.
    At Flag there is a lot of moving around between other administrative and berthing buildings but at Big Blue you can virtually spend all your time inside except for a jaunt across the street to AO, the admin building behind it or around to Pubs. We even used to be able to go under Berendo to AO through a tunnel but I understand the city made them close it off. The ramp between the Main Building and ASHO was a brief respite with open windows on both sides but I suspect around the time of the Anonymous demonstrations they covered the windows with paper or something and never took it down. Blacking out windows and doors now seems to be SOP everywhere - very claustrophobic and paranoid.

For this thread I'd also add that stressful situations that stimulate adrenal hormones also tend to compromise reasoning capacity and perception can become tunnel visioned or narrowly focused. There is a trade off for response time and alertness. Police are very familiar with how witnesses have difficulty remembering things they clearly saw even though they were pumping adrenaline. Unless you become accustomed to functioning under these situations it is difficult to develop a balance. Scientologists may think that the tech and policy has equipped them to handle this long term but from my experience it grinds them down just like everyone else if not worse. Part of enduring stress in Scientology is self deception and compartmentalizing the fact that you are being used and manipulated and there is always some level of self awareness that that is happening.

And being in the Sea Org is like being in a clan of meerkats. Your buddies keep disappearing and you know it's just a matter of time before you join them.

10. Thanks Enthetan, Cat's Squirrel says "thank you" for this post

An email regarding Robin Hanses, wife of Mark Hanses. Robin was a Reg at Seattle Org from around the mid-1980's until a year or so ago:

Dear Friends,

I am sending this out to those friends who might not as of yet received the latest news about Robinís condition.

Robin requested to go onto, and has been on, hospice care for about a week now.

She has made preparations for her funeral (which she refers to as her ďpartyĒ) and has definite postulates for her continued involvement in, and future with, Dianetics and Scientology. This is all very real to her as she had already been involved with the movement previously and has no doubts that she will find it again and continue working with it. She has been taking a very spiritual look at the whole thing.

The estimates of how much time she has with this current body range from 1-2 weeks up to the order of magnitude of months. (We have two different estimates from two different hospice nurses.)

Robin is currently seeing visitors and making and receiving both phone calls and text messages. Her phone number is xxx-xxx-xxx. Do not leave a voice message but feel free to send a text message if you want for the purposes of communicating to her in general and/or to set up a time to talk.

We thank you for your love and support of Robin in the form of friendship and fellowship over the years, for past loans and gifts for her auditing and for being on the Bridge yourself

Best,

Mark Hanses
    Part of the toll of being on staff. I'm going to guess that her cancer was diagnosed too late to do anything about.

I took out the phone number. Anybody who knew Robin can PM me and I'll pass it along.
    Find out just what a people will submit to, and you have found out the exact amount of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them; and these will continue till they are resisted with either words or blows, or with both. The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. -- Frederick Douglass

12. Thanks Lurker5 says "thank you" for this post

For you guys with interest in knowing about handling cancer. Two links with very valuable and accurate and helpful info from my morning traffic . . .

A Surprising & Lesser Known Way To Prevent Multiple Cancers

Snipped:
    Looking for a reason to exercise? How does cancer prevention and treatment sound?

Itís well known that exercise is essential in the treatment of heart disease, diabetes, high blood pressure, and obesity. But now, scientific research is indicating that being physically active is key to a lifestyle that may prevent and even help treat many forms of cancer. Exercise may be a side-effect free alternative to suffering the ravages of cancer.

Itís been known for some time that exercise may play an important role in preventing three types of cancer: colon, breast, and endometrial. More current research swells that number to over 13. Letís take a look at some of that research and the new study that expands exerciseís potential to stave off cancer.

Snipped
    And . .
    http://tinyurl.com/zcxbqko

Apple seeds and cancer: what the government has been hiding from you for years

This is a very important and insightful article giving the exact and correct info on the what and how of the compounds in certain seeds do their job to kill cancer . . . also exposed is the fraudulent "research" done at Sloan Kettering to discredit this almost no-cost effective treatment of its biggest money-making no-cure treatment of cancer.

I've not attempted to snip it . . .
    /
    Life is supposed to be enjoyed, Mate!

Don't show me the money . . . give me the TRUTH!
    Visit: http://knowledgism-practice-group.org

14. Likes Enthetan liked this post
    Patron with Honors

Quote Originally Posted by Enthetan View Post
    I've been doing a little bit of looking, regarding why we have so many cancer deaths in Scientology, especially at the upper levels, and I felt like starting a fresh thread on it, to serve as a resource for Scientologists and ex-Scns coping with cancer and other chronic illnesses

From a National Institute of Health study
    Impact of stress on cancer metastasis

What happens to Scientologists, particularly in the upper OT levels?

They are under a lot of stress, and their social support networks are crippled.

Let's examine each of those two factors:

Stress: People on the OT levels are under constant pressure to come up with fresh money. OT eligibility and preps takes longer than the tech estimate. They have an "ethics sit" which can be handled with a generous contribution to IAS. They are ordered to sec checking at their own expense. They are ordered to get the next level paid for so that they can do an uninterrupted sequence and don't have to pay for more OT eligibility/preps if the leave and return. They have to take out loans and liquidate their retirement plans and mortgage their homes. It all creates lots of stress.

Social support networks are crippled: What is your social support network? It's the set of people with whom you feel safe talking about the problems in your life. Scientologists don't have that. They are not allowed to talk about their case. They are not allowed to express doubts or anger regarding Scientology. They can't even talk to their spouses, who are required to submit Knowledge Reports about any hint of "entheta" or disaffection. The net result is the Scientologist feels increasingly isolated, with nobody they can totally trust, nobody they can tell anything to and feel confident that it won't get back to the Ethics Officer, whether through a KR or from it coming up in a sec check. An upper level scientologist has no social support network.

The end result is that a Scientologist is much more likely than the average person to have reduced immunity and higher vulnerability to cancer.
    The stress is not only for Oat Tea's...$cienctology creates STRESS for EVERYONE in Scientology.

Everything you described above is what I experienced in Scientology ALL the time.

Whether you are on the OatTea levels or just starting on the Bridge - Scientology is going to create NOTHING BUT STRESS with the mind fucking constantly. Financial stress, stress about "ethics", stress about being, doing and donating enough to the cult...it is a constant mind fucking racket.

Then there are the staffer's and Sea Org Slaves...talk about stress. Talk about NO SUPPORT. Holy Xenu - it is rough on these people. NO money, no compassion, no care, no love, nothing - you get nothing but stress. Screamed at, made wrong, abused and neglected.

I saw many people die of cancer at young ages in Scientology. It is not just exclusive to the Oat Tea's.

With that in mind - the Oat Teas DIE of it because the stress has been for a VERY LONG DURATION and THAT IS SCIENCE.

SCIENTOLOGY KILLS!
    Last edited by Out/Int; 23rd March 2017 at 02:17 AM.

16. Thanks Enthetan says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Enthetan liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12