Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: An explanation.

Default An explanation.

Hello, a few months back I was here defending my parents. I'm not going to say their names. I just wanted to state I am sorry about that. I wanted to state that my brother was being truthful for the most part (we all get a little hazy with memories sometimes). I was just too scared to admit the truth. The truth that my parents are very mentally sick and paranoid people. I do think their hearts are in the right place, and all they want is to do good for this world. However, they eventually turned on me after I was finally honest with myself, and I told them I didn't believe some of the things they were stating. Really, my parents decided to disconnect from me because I refused to believe the lie that they were never Scientologists. They also disconnected from me, because I didn't want to devote my life to unveiling conspiracy theories with them. They stated they would never be proud of me or approve of me unless I were to do that. Let's just get this straight, my parents were Scientologists. Sure, maybe they didn't always like going to church functions, but by no means were they spies. My parents are now holed up in their house and are no longer talking to three of their five children. Maybe four of the five. Unfortunately, I didn't want to believe my parents were that crazy back then, and I was even lying to myself a bit back then as well. Anyway, I want nothing to do with this world. I want nothing to do with any of you. However, I know that this is something that needed to be made right.

Thanks for understanding.

Default Re: An explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by Imsorry View Post
    Really, my parents decided to disconnect from me because I refused to believe the lie that they were never Scientologists.
    Sometimes, it's less hassle to just humor people, if the humoring does not involve going along with dangerous or harmful stuff.
    “The man who does not value himself, cannot value anything or anyone.”
    ― Ayn Rand,

3. Thanks AnonLover, Gizmo says "thank you" for this post

Hello, a few months back I was here defending my parents. I'm not going to say their names. I just wanted to state I am sorry about that. I wanted to state that my brother was being truthful for the most part (we all get a little hazy with memories sometimes). I was just too scared to admit the truth. The truth that my parents are very mentally sick and paranoid people. I do think their hearts are in the right place, and all they want is to do good for this world. However, they eventually turned on me after I was finally honest with myself, and I told them I didn't believe some of the things they were stating. Really, my parents decided to disconnect from me because I refused to believe the lie that they were never Scientologists. They also disconnected from me, because I didn't want to devote my life to unveiling conspiracy theories with them. They stated they would never be proud of me or approve of me unless I were to do that. Let's just get this straight, my parents were Scientologists. Sure, maybe they didn't always like going to church functions, but by no means were they spies. My parents are now holed up in their house and are no longer talking to three of their five children. Maybe four of the five. Unfortunately, I didn't want to believe my parents were that crazy back then, and I was even lying to myself a bit back then as well. Anyway, I want nothing to do with this world. I want nothing to do with any of you. However, I know that this is something that needed to be made right.

Thanks for understanding.
    Hi Imsorry,
    I don't remember your original post here defending your parents and this looks like your first post on ESMB. What was your other login name then?

Without your original posts, this post of yours isn't making a whole lot of sense to me so it would be helpful if you could provide that info, thanks.

Good luck to you.
    "Looking back on it I think I got these gains only because the processing made me self reflect and try to repair the damage done by it. So I made gains in spite of Scientology not because of it. It's better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you are not."

- Cleared Cannibal

Quote Originally Posted by JustSheila View Post
    Hi Imsorry,
    I don't remember your original post here defending your parents and this looks like your first post on ESMB. What was your other login name then?

Without your original posts, this post of yours isn't making a whole lot of sense to me so it would be helpful if you could provide that info, thanks.

Good luck to you.
    My brother is Tom. I can't remember my old SN. I can say my parent's first names are Mike and Virginia.

6. Thanks JustSheila says "thank you" for this post

Thanks, Imsorry. Please feel free to edit your post (click on "edit post" below the post) and delete the names from the post you just wrote. (I know how touchy they can be and you don't need the hassle).

I remember you and I remember that thread.

I don't think anyone here was upset with you, but I'm glad you are seeing things more clearly. We all just wanted you and your brother to be able to get on with your lives and have some happiness and peace for yourselves.

You did what you thought was right and best at the time. There was never any need to apologize, but it's nice of you to do that anyway. You're pretty cool. I hope you have everything you want in life. You're young, you can do it. The past is the past.

"Looking back on it I think I got these gains only because the processing made me self reflect and try to repair the damage done by it. So I made gains in spite of Scientology not because of it. It's better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you are not."

- Cleared Cannibal

8. Thanks pebbles says "thank you" for this post

Quote Originally Posted by JustSheila View Post
    Thanks, Imsorry. Please feel free to edit your post (click on "edit" below the post) and delete the names from the post you just wrote. (I know how touchy they can be and you don't need the hassle).

I remember you and I remember that thread.

I don't think anyone here was upset with you, but I'm glad you are seeing things more clearly. We all just wanted you and your brother to be able to get on with your lives and have some happiness and peace for yourselves.

You did what you thought was right and best at the time. There was never any need to apologize, but it's nice of you to do that anyway. You're pretty cool. I hope you have everything you want in life. You're young, you can do it. The past is the past.

Thank you for that. I just felt badly that I threw my brother under the bus like that. I was just trying to get their approval. However, I'm done with that. I can't lie to myself anymore. It was really hard at first to take that first step, but I'm glad I did. I just wish there was a way to help them. They are shutting off from all of their children because none of us are going along with it anymore.

I just don't want the last name on here. Mainly because it's my last name as well. I guess I need to stop worrying about what they'll do to me if I don't do what they want.

I just wanted to clear that up here, because I was rather rude to a couple people that did not really deserve it.

Oh, and they think I'm an agent now. It's really sad.

10. Thanks tesseract, JustSheila says "thank you" for this post
    Likes tesseract liked this post

Well I hope you and Tom can work things out between you now. I'm sure he'd feel a lot better to have your support.

Your parents think everyone is an agent who disagrees with them. See this link: https://psychcentral.com/encyclopedi...noid-delusion/

Whatever you've done in the past to help your parents hasn't helped their condition. There may be nothing you can do about that, I don't know. Please ask a professional therapist to advise the best approach before you take any further action to try to support them. Delusional people can be psychologically harmful to others. It's too easy for you to get caught up in it again, and you MUST get on with having your own healthy life. You owe it to yourself.

Thanks for posting. I wish you and your brothers and sisters all the best and hope you will all one day be completely reunited outside Scientology.

- Cleared Cannibal

12. Thanks tesseract says "thank you" for this post
    Likes tesseract liked this post

Thank you for that. I just felt badly that I threw my brother under the bus like that. I was just trying to get their approval. However, I'm done with that. I can't lie to myself anymore. It was really hard at first to take that first step, but I'm glad I did. I just wish there was a way to help them. They are shutting off from all of their children because none of us are going along with it anymore.

I just don't want the last name on here. Mainly because it's my last name as well. I guess I need to stop worrying about what they'll do to me if I don't do what they want.

I just wanted to clear that up here, because I was rather rude to a couple people that did not really deserve it.

Oh, and they think I'm an agent now. It's really sad.
    I knew your parents probably better than anyone here.

They think almost everyone is an agent.

Spoke to your brother who I found to be charming.

Live and love and do as you wish.

Gold Meritorious Patron TheOriginalBigBlue's Avatar

Welcome back!

Just wanted to offer a little moral support...

15. Likes tesseract liked this post
    LOL! tesseract, JustSheila laughed at this post

Good luck to you. My heart goes out to all members of the family.
    I do not have a sig line.

17. Likes JustSheila liked this post
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast