Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Marty Rathbun . . . has he gone silent ?

Default Re: Marty Rathbun . . . has he gone silent ?

Nothing that Ray Jeffries believes has a thing to do with Marty or Monique's feelings or worries that COS would mess with the adoption. Marty had enough direct jibes from COS members to get him worried about what they would do and that is also an OSA tactic, to get people worked up about what they fear most.
    "Looking back on it I think I got these gains only because the processing made me self reflect and try to repair the damage done by it. So I made gains in spite of Scientology not because of it. It's better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you are not."

- Cleared Cannibal

2. Thanks afaceinthecrowd, Cat's Squirrel says "thank you" for this post
    Likes doloras, WildKat liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by George Layton View Post
    If the cult did try the blackmail route wouldn't Marty see that it could be held over his head continually?
    Being in the position that Marty was in when in the CoS, I doubt that there is anyone on the planet that knows better than him what the CoS is capable of.

Marty has known early on that CoS could attempt to use anything he did or said (in or out of session) against him, or if nothing sufficient than it could manufacture evidence against him. (That is all standard of course as per the "Scientology scriptures")

I'm sure he worked to conceive of a counter-tactic to anything and everything they could come up with.

Whether the CoS was successful in blackmailing Marty or he did a 180 degree turn for some other reason - we really don't know, nor do we have any evidence.

It's possible that he was blackmailed but its just speculation. And as Ray Jeffreys wrote: :
    "I don’t think Scientology would gamble that Marty would not tell us about such a threat."

Had there been a blackmail threat relayed to the attorneys can you imagine the resources they would have unleashed in attempting to trace back the origins of that threat?

If successfully traced back to CoS it would have greatly increased the monetary award for Mosey plus resulted in a criminal charge against those found responsible.

4. Thanks afaceinthecrowd, Cat's Squirrel, WildKat says "thank you" for this post
    Suspended animation ... I told you I was trouble's Avatar

He was definitely shaken after that creepy encounter (in LA though ... not Texas) with those two freaks sent by the cofs (video here) and the cofs was stupid enough to do it in front of Louis Theroux (and it was being filmed) ... even the guy filming for the cofs looked embarrassed to be a part of it, it was disgusting.

The birds they sang at the break of day, start again I seemed to hear them say.
    Do not dwell on what has passed away or what is yet to be.

Leonard Cohen.

6. Thanks lotus, afaceinthecrowd, JustSheila, Type4_PTS, Gib and 1 others says "thank you" for this post
    Gold Meritorious Sponsor HelluvaHoax!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JustSheila View Post
    Nothing that Ray Jeffries believes has a thing to do with Marty or Monique's feelings or worries that COS would mess with the adoption. Marty had enough direct jibes from COS members to get him worried about what they would do and that is also an OSA tactic, to get people worked up about what they fear most.
    If I was writing a fictional novel based on Marty's plight, I think I would invest a good amount of time and pages exploring his thoughts. And, having served as chief COS goon enforcer all those years, I would assume that he is incessantly running war-strategy-scenarios in his mind.

I would do the same.

In other words, he has the fortunate or unfortunate experience of WHAT OSA IS CAPABLE OF DOING VS AN ENEMY.

Thinking himself better than the current OSA plotters, the book character would be trying to come up with "WHAT WOULD I HAVE DONE" against such a crafty enemy. It is probably quite enjoyable at a strange level to imagine how he could have won such a war against a litigious critic. And, in doing so, he would simultaneously be preparing himself for what they might throw at him in order to knock his lawsuit unconscious.

Alas, blind spots prevail in such human drama and Marty did not see or predict the outcome of his lawsuit. He didn't even get close. Whatever blind spot caused him to fold his tent and scurry away he never saw coming.

Unless he actually somehow got paid off. LOL. See? More speculation! I really have to get some more auditing to try and erase that reactive compulsion! LOL.

Scientology literally saved my life! Without Ron's books I would have frozen to death!!! (see avatar)

Scientology in one word? HelluvaHoax!

I never felt as free as when I freed myself from "Total Freedom".

For offended Scientologists reading this blasphemy about L. Ron Hubbard---my apologies for talking about real life without lying to you, like Scientology, with goo-goo theta-talk. I know you don't have a floating needle right now. You're not supposed to.

8. Thanks afaceinthecrowd, Cat's Squirrel, WildKat says "thank you" for this post
    LOL! scooter, Lulu Belle, lotus, afaceinthecrowd, Type4_PTS laughed at this post
    Silver Meritorious Patron George Layton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Type4_PTS View Post
    Being in the position that Marty was in when in the CoS, I doubt that there is anyone on the planet that knows better than him what the CoS is capable of.

Marty has known early on that CoS could attempt to use anything he did or said (in or out of session) against him, or if nothing sufficient than it could manufacture evidence against him. (That is all standard of course as per the "Scientology scriptures")

I'm sure he worked to conceive of a counter-tactic to anything and everything they could come up with.

Whether the CoS was successful in blackmailing Marty or he did a 180 degree turn for some other reason - we really don't know, nor do we have any evidence.
    It's possible that he was blackmailed but its just speculation. And as Ray Jeffreys wrote: :
    "I donít think Scientology would gamble that Marty would not tell us about such a threat."

Had there been a blackmail threat relayed to the attorneys can you imagine the resources they would have unleashed in attempting to trace back the origins of that threat?

If successfully traced back to CoS it would have greatly increased the monetary award for Mosey plus resulted in a criminal charge against those found responsible.

But the threat would continue to exist if it existed in the first place. The only solution to get out from under it would be to go to the adoption agency and make the truth be known so that it could be made right or it would always be chasing them. A person in that position for that long would hopefully come to that realization. But I can't see them taking the chance of lying during something as important as an adoption knowing that scientology is always watching.
    Each time I spot hypocrisy, it turns around and points at me.

10. Thanks WildKat says "thank you" for this post

Quote Originally Posted by HelluvaHoax! View Post
    Unless he actually somehow got paid off. LOL. See? More speculation! I really have to get some more auditing to try and erase that reactive compulsion! LOL.
    Personally I am a fan of speculation and formulating theories; it IS really part of our human nature, and there's nothing wrong with it imo as long as one realizes that you're just dealing in possibilities and you don't jump to conclusions when the evidence isn't there.

So, no need to audit out your speculative impulses.

12. Likes HelluvaHoax! liked this post
    LOL! afaceinthecrowd, WildKat, HelluvaHoax! laughed at this post
    Gold Meritorious Sponsor HelluvaHoax!'s Avatar

I sincerely wish I had not smashed (stomped actually) all my e-meters, reducing them to shards.

If I still had one of Dr. Hubbard's scientific devices I would be able to figure out EXACTLY what happened in the case of the Rathbun's mysteriously abandoned law suit.

To wit, I would use the single most powerful auditing tool ever discovered.

Listing & Nulling!

And, assuredly, I would find the "right item".

For anyone who has a meter, here is the standard listing question to use:

L&N

WHO OR WHAT WOULD BE MORE VALUABLE
    THAN A MULTI-MILLION DOLLAR LITIGATION WINDFALL?

Scientology literally saved my life! Without Ron's books I would have frozen to death!!! (see avatar)

Scientology in one word? HelluvaHoax!

I never felt as free as when I freed myself from "Total Freedom".

For offended Scientologists reading this blasphemy about L. Ron Hubbard---my apologies for talking about real life without lying to you, like Scientology, with goo-goo theta-talk. I know you don't have a floating needle right now. You're not supposed to.

Crusader

Quote Originally Posted by I told you I was trouble View Post

He was definitely shaken after that creepy encounter (in LA though ... not Texas) with those two freaks sent by the cofs (video here) and the cofs was stupid enough to do it in front of Louis Theroux (and it was being filmed) ... even the guy filming for the cofs looked embarrassed to be a part of it, it was disgusting.
    reading Tony O blog you linked, back in 2014, I wasn't reading any comments back then, but Marc Headley's "Best" comments are interesting about Int staff leaving getting paid big bucks to STFU.

15. Thanks lotus, afaceinthecrowd, WildKat, I told you I was trouble says "thank you" for this post
    Sour sway the grapes of Rath lost upon the slippery path...

I have to wonder if when people who were big shots while they were in get out and realize that they are no-one whatsoever without the structure and fabric of Scientology with all of it's certs and ranks and feels drawn back in to recover their lost identity.
    I was never a big shot so I wouldn't know and can only wonder.
    Being OT5, C-4, L's complete - none of that means shit on the outside.
    Maybe he was suffering from the loss of identity and his significance to others and decided he had to have a social structure around him that propped him up and made him important with all the bullshit certifications?
    Jumbo Bungo's tyrannical rage spewed
    Deep ass volcanic gas
    In his wretched breath I foundered

A fondued fool for a flogging
    At Jumbo's Flotilla's Command
    Sang the Jumbo Bungo Land Band

Odorous ex church of mine
    Odious your funny money sign
    Legions of dreams undermined
    Beneath shattered illusion's & financial bind

Clustered clams
    Shiny shucked & depearled
    Buttered & steamed feast mad fishers of souls
    Their oyster was our world

17. Thanks afaceinthecrowd, Cat's Squirrel, WildKat says "thank you" for this post
    Likes afaceinthecrowd liked this post
    Silver Meritorious Patron Elronius of Marcabia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by I told you I was trouble View Post

Yes and we also found out what the great burden upon Marty was, he can't make friends or have BBQ's
    and like the sympathetic character "The Godfather" Michael Corleone "they just keep pulling him back in
    and like marty said to Louis,whats the difference play acting or the real thing ? none according to Marty.

And what do you call it when a condescending asshole walks in and starts preaching from
    the delusional works of an even bigger asshole ?
    "Standard Scientology"

19. Likes DagwoodGum liked this post
Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122 LastLast