Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What's the macroscopic idea of Scientology?

Default Re: What's the macroscopic idea of Scientology?

It doesn't take a big ego to respond to a wild claim. Life's tough and people keep hoping .
    I do not have a sig line.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypatia View Post
    It doesn't take a big ego to respond to a wild claim. Life's tough and people keep hoping .
    Hope is when you spend a few years or so going to school learning a skill, spend a few days or weeks writing the perfect resume and cover letter, a few weeks or months applying to companies, responding and interviewing and believe one of your interviews will land you a good job.

Dreaming is when, instead of learning a skill, you chase past life memories hoping to remember one or achieve superpowerz, even though nobody in the history of mankind has ever done so.

Why would a person choose the second option over the first?

It feels better to believe you were always highly skilled and more knowledgeable than others than to dig in from the bottom, carefully plan, and invest the time and attention to learn and work your way up to the skill level required. It also takes a lot of patience and humility.

Shortcuts are always more inviting, no matter how nonsensical, and humility seems especially hard for some.
    "Looking back on it I think I got these gains only because the processing made me self reflect and try to repair the damage done by it. So I made gains in spite of Scientology not because of it. It's better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you are not."

- Cleared Cannibal

3. Thanks Cat's Squirrel says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Enthetan, Leland, DagwoodGum, Lurker5, WildKat and 1 others liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by JustSheila View Post
    Hope is when you spend a few years or so going to school learning a skill, spend a few days or weeks writing the perfect resume and cover letter, a few weeks or months applying to companies, responding and interviewing and believe one of your interviews will land you a good job.

Dreaming is when, instead of learning a skill, you chase past life memories hoping to remember one or achieve superpowerz, even though nobody in the history of mankind has ever done so.

It feels better to believe you were always highly skilled and more knowledgeable than others than to dig in from the bottom, carefully plan, and invest the time and attention to learn and work your way up to the skill level required. It also takes a lot of patience and humility.

Shortcuts are always more inviting, no matter how nonsensical, and humility seems especially hard for some.
    Goid points. But from my perspective, "hope is that thing with feathers". Scn deliberately holds out false promises of hope.

I do agree that many hope for shortcuts with this stuff. But as a shortcut, Scientology and Dianetics fails miserably. It takes freaking forever to do the whole "bridge", even if they aren't making the person go back and redo previous actions.

We can perhaps agree that it's all very sad and that good people get taken advantage of and even have their lives ruined.

It it really is nice to talk to you again. How've you been?
    I do not have a sig line.

5. Thanks JustSheila says "thank you" for this post

Quote Originally Posted by Hypatia View Post
    Goid points. But from my perspective, "hope is that thing with feathers". Scn deliberately holds out false promises of hope.

I do agree that many hope for shortcuts with this stuff. But as a shortcut, Scientology and Dianetics fails miserably. It takes freaking forever to do the whole "bridge", even if they aren't making the person go back and redo previous actions.

We can perhaps agree that it's all very sad and that good people get taken advantage of and even have their lives ruined.

It it really is nice to talk to you again. How've you been?
    I'm doing well, Hypatia, and nice to see you too! How are you?

I agree with all you say except what you call hope I'd call dreams. Newbs don't know how long it takes to do scn, either, or ever believe how much it actually costs. Intro courses are short and easy - the hook to draw them in to a river of barracudas and lifetime of serving a cult instead of making their own dreams a reality.

The dream is important, but without the foundation (and scn does not provide that), it goes nowhere.

If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be.

Now put the foundations under them.

Henry David Thoreau
    "Looking back on it I think I got these gains only because the processing made me self reflect and try to repair the damage done by it. So I made gains in spite of Scientology not because of it. It's better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you are not."

- Cleared Cannibal

7. Thanks Hypatia says "thank you" for this post
    Gold Meritorious Patron

An army of the left-hand path with Hubbard sucking all the power and money with himself as the benevolent monarch. Or the Beast, the anti-christ bigger than God. Kinda confusing I know as he only wore the commode- fires cap and fled as a failed Admiral.
    Of course he is was the source whoops Saucy Source on total freedom. A bridge as circular as eternity on an analog clock. A bridge as circular as eternity on an analog clock. A bridge as circular as eternity on an analog clock.......

9. LOL! Enthetan, Jump laughed at this post

Quote Originally Posted by JustSheila View Post

I can agree with all that, as long as you extend it to all religions. Dreaming is when, instead of learning a skill, you pray to God to give you what you want, light candles, put money in the basket, put miniature crosses on the wall and around your neck, etc. etc. hoping to achieve everlasting life, even though nobody in the history of mankind has ever done so.

Why would a person choose this option?

Quote Originally Posted by NoIdea View Post
    I can agree with all that, as long as you extend it to all religions. Dreaming is when, instead of learning a skill, you pray to God to give you what you want, light candles, put money in the basket, put miniature crosses on the wall and around your neck, etc. etc. hoping to achieve everlasting life, even though nobody in the history of mankind has ever done so.

Why would a person choose this option?
    Your answer might make sense if anyone knew anyone personally outside of Scientology who, instead of learning a skill, prays to God to give them what they want, etc.

That's a Scientology thing, skipping education. In Scientology, children are encouraged to only learn what L Ron sez and that all other education is unimportant and useless. That's not true of other religions. Even the Mormons believe in college education. It's a severely culty cult that tells parents to spend their child's education fund on Scientology, encourages children to quit school at 14 and produces 2nd and 3rd generation scns that can't spell, write, haven't even finished High School and have no real world skills beyond conning people to buy Scientology. Scientology's reputation for uneducated children is abominable. It is a culty cult.

I do wonder why Scientologists like to change the subject to "all religions" and pretend that the faults of Scientology exist everywhere else when they don't.

- Cleared Cannibal

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123