Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What's the macroscopic idea of Scientology?

Default Re: What's the macroscopic idea of Scientology?

The overall theory can be summed up in one phrase -- you give us your money, and we will teach you how to talk to the spirits (thetans). You have to pay tons of money before the spirits will start talking to you. American Indians can reach the same objective for much less money -- they smoke certain mushrooms and talk to the spirits of the dead. It would cost you no more than $50 to buy a mushroom that puts you on The Bridge to Total Freedom. Just compare it to $500,000 that you have to pay to CoS to get on the same Bridge.
    LRH era un maricon miserable que tuvo el esposo, tal Xenu. LRH quise sentir la picha grande de Xenu adentro de su culo grososo i su boca maloliente. Antes de acto sexual, Xenu estaba gritando -- ! Voy a chingar mi retardo mental!

2. Likes DonkeyOT, TheOriginalBigBlue liked this post
    Silver Meritorious Patron George Layton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bigdix View Post
    What is the overall theory of scientology? I was never a member, but this has fascinated me for some time now. As I understand it, LRH has all these different stories that happened trillions of years ago, but he admits that we are a very primitive society today. I've seen stories about Chimps and airplanes that were from a trillion years ago, but airplanes weren't even around 100 years ago. So who are we today? How old is the Earth and us on it?

postscript- sorry if I don't belong here bc i was never a member and sound stupid, I am genuinely curious.
    To sell a person their own spiritual enlightenment.
    Each time I spot hypocrisy, it turns around and points at me.

Silver Meritorious Patron Elronius of Marcabia's Avatar

What is the overall theory of scientology? I was never a member, but this has fascinated me for some time now. As I understand it, LRH has all these different stories that happened trillions of years ago, but he admits that we are a very primitive society today. I've seen stories about Chimps and airplanes that were from a trillion years ago, but airplanes weren't even around 100 years ago. So who are we today? How old is the Earth and us on it?

postscript- sorry if I don't belong here bc i was never a member and sound stupid, I am genuinely curious.
    Overall theory is simple its a messianic salvation cult with Hubbard as the next bhuddha.

What's your fascination with it ?
    And what do you call it when a condescending asshole walks in and starts preaching from
    the delusional works of an even bigger asshole ?
    "Standard Scientology"

Gold Meritorious Patron WildKat's Avatar

Here it is in a nutshell.

Hubbard created a complex Belief System (BS) that manipulates your HOPES and your FEARS to get you to believe in and WANT things that do not exist (Clear, OT, Superhuman abilities). It is geared to make you want to spend your life and all your money chasing unattainable rainbows, until you are bankrupt. This same system will then destroy you with disconnection and harassment if you criticize or publicly speak out to expose its tactics.

Scientology is a trap with bait that seems harmless and even helpful. The trap itself is deadly.
    Dismayed and confused by terrorist attacks? Educate yourself and take action. https://www.theobjectivestandard.com...inst-the-west/

6. Likes Jump, WhatWall, TheOriginalBigBlue liked this post

Only Ron has THE ANSWER!

Everything you know is wrong.

Anything anyone else has to say is wrong.

ONLY RON GOT IT RIGHT!

"Go to heaven for the climate and hell for the company." ĖMark Twain

"Religion and theology must not be confounded. Religion is not doctrine, but a new birth." - R. Falckenberg History of Modern Philosophy (on German mysticism).

8. LOL! Jump, Enthetan, JustSheila, Operating DB, DonkeyOT and 2 others laughed at this post
    Silver Meritorious Patron TheOriginalBigBlue's Avatar

Buying the OT Levels isn't as simple as paying $500,000.00 on the barrel head, doing the training and auditing and getting your cert. Everything that leads up to this is a vetting process. You will have been security checked on the e-meter so thoroughly that they will know everything about you, all your sexual activity, who you know and if they are a threat, any thoughts that might be remotely deviant against Scientology. When at Flag it is policy that you must only stay and pay at Scientology hotel facilities which can be expected to be more expensive than comparable hotel or independent services - and where you will be under the constant eye of ethics officers and registrars. You must develop a Scientological street cred by doing ethics conditions, volunteering, demonstrating, disconnecting and striking effective blows against the enemy by doing such things as ratting out family and friends who post anything critical about Scientology on their Facebook pages. It isn't enough to just pay for services - you are expected to donate just for the sake of donating to the IAS Fund so the Church can pay expensive lawyers to fight SPs and to buy or renovate ostentatious buildings. If they know you have the money they will demand donations that exceed the cost of going OT. If you claim a lack of money they will demand that you go into debt because by virtue of doing Scientology you will attain the ability to make enough money to pay off the debt. If you challenge or disagree with anything, not giving a glowing win after every service can risk your eligibility to do the OT Levels.

OT Levels at Wikileaks:

https://en.wikinews.org/wiki/Church_..._leaked_online

https://wikileaks.org/wiki/Church_of..._leaked_online

10. Thanks Cat's Squirrel, Enthetan, Type4_PTS, DonkeyOT, HelluvaHoax! says "thank you" for this post
    Silver Meritorious Patron TheOriginalBigBlue's Avatar

wow, thanks for all the replies! Where did all this language and nomenclature come from? I notice he was very adamant on you looking up words you don't know and there seems to be a A LOT.
    LRH said that these new words were necessary in order to avoid associating Scientology with other failed human (read: wog) ideas that came a cropper. For example, if you say "spirit" that may evoke a Christian or Buddhist concept of a spirit and all the kicked in the head teachings that made them eat crow, so he used "thetan" as part of a uniquely Scientological construct. BTW, I don't ever recall using the term "Scientological" as a Scientologist but it is now showing up as a word in an internet search so I guess there is a whole nomenclature building up around off the cuff Scientology nomenclature - the irony.

Of course, full immersion in a nomenclature that other people can't associate with is one of the basic characteristics of a controlling cult. Scientology is a rat race. Everyone is competing for something and one-upmanship over the ability to use nomenclature and quote LRH exactly is very high on the list. It is an inside joke that we can tell where people are on a checklist or course by the words they use and so it is here that we enjoy sprinkling them into posts like a secret handshake.

We expended good money and labor to learn this stuff - shouldn't be wasted.

Silver Meritorious Patron This is NOT OK !!!!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Demented Hubbatd View Post
    snip........American Indians -- they smoke certain mushrooms.
    Really?

I've never heard that one.

Eating?

Smoking?
    Iím not saying that everyone who is in Scientology is stupid, but I will say that I was purposefully blind for a long time. Paul Haggis

13. LOL! JustSheila laughed at this post

My take:

Part I:

You were an all powerful being. But you got bored. So you created some problems to occupy yourself with. But you were really good at creating problems and here you are.

Part II:

If you pay enough money and spend all your time in Scientology, you can get back to being bored again.

Quote Originally Posted by NoIdea View Post
    My take:

Part I:

You were an all powerful being. But you got bored. So you created some problems to occupy yourself with. But you were really good at creating problems and here you are.

Part II:

If you pay enough money and spend all your time in Scientology, you can get back to being bored again.
    Sounds appealing to those with big personal egos. Some people want to hear others tell them they are a god or goddess so badly, they'd mortgage their homes, spend their kids' college funds, go into debt and even ruin their families just to hear it.

Vanity can be an expensive habit.
    "Looking back on it I think I got these gains only because the processing made me self reflect and try to repair the damage done by it. So I made gains in spite of Scientology not because of it. It's better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you are not."

- Cleared Cannibal

16. Likes DagwoodGum liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast