Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Traumatic Interrogation Stories?

Maximus Ultimus Mostimus Dave B.'s Avatar

Default Re: Traumatic Interrogation Stories?

Traumatic for the auditor. Well, not traumatic but annoying. I don't remember if it was a sec check or what. I felt the auditor had crossed the line into stuff that they had no need to know. It was a turning point for me to see that the cult was way too intrusive far beyond any information that I felt was germane or needed and was into Big Brother territory. So I purposely didn't tell him what he was after for about an hour and fifteen minutes. Not that it was a particularly important piece of info or reflect badly on me. It was innocuous, but I felt they had gone over the line and I wanted to f**k with them a bit.

So the auditor was trying everything to dig out this hidden "important datum". I watched him slowly meltdown, get red in the face, raise his voice, get a bit frantic and actually threaten me with dire consequences, lol. Eventually I tired of the game, I had accomplished my goal of helping him drop the sham and pretense being an auditor and seeing what he really was; (an interrogator) and turned him into a steaming-hot-under-the-collar-mess. So much for the vaunted cult pro tr's. lol. I don't know if he had enough self-awareness to see he had just been p0wned, last I heard the poor bastard is STILL in the cult thirty two years later.
    "You should not get the subject of individual improvement and religious experience confused with the social activity of large groups grinding up against each other. It is not worth your time. The groups come and go. The individuals don't. There have been many groups and civilizations, and there will be many more of them, but a decent individual is a relatively permanent thing." - Geoffrey C. Filbert 1982

2. Thanks Glenda, Ogsonofgroo, Lord Xenu, JustSheila, Out/Int and 3 others says "thank you" for this post
    LOL! Ogsonofgroo laughed at this post

At 16 the "mission" ethics officer who had lots of issues but was the mission holders son. That was his biggest issue. Had me read the definition of either whore or slut to him. I have forgotten which but both words were used in relation to me.

My great sin was I was dating a ... Wait for it ... Are you ready ... A WOG!

I jacked him around a bit but when he said he would call the police and have boyfriend arrested I acted reformed. The guy was older and it could have been bad for him.

I continued to date him but kept it lower key.

Being at the mission level I never had the bad stuff tossed my way. I learned how to float my needle at will and that kept sessions short and sweet. It was a big game for me.

4. Thanks Glenda, Lord Xenu, phenomanon, Type4_PTS, Churchill and 2 others says "thank you" for this post

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Ellie View Post
    At 16 the "mission" ethics officer who had lots of issues but was the mission holders son. That was his biggest issue. Had me read the definition of either whore or slut to him. I have forgotten which but both words were used in relation to me.

My great sin was I was dating a ... Wait for it ... Are you ready ... A WOG!

I jacked him around a bit but when he said he would call the police and have boyfriend arrested I acted reformed. The guy was older and it could have been bad for him.

I continued to date him but kept it lower key.

Being at the mission level I never had the bad stuff tossed my way. I learned how to float my needle at will and that kept sessions short and sweet. It was a big game for me.

MissEllie, that is horrible.

The way you were belittled and shamed was like something out of a 1700s horror story. It made me think of Nathaniel Hawthorne's story, "The Scarlet Letter," where the Puritans (considered by England to be a cult, apparently for good reasons, judging from Hawthorne's true-to-life stories) forced Hester Prynne to go to prison for adultery, then afterwards wear a large scarlet "A" for the rest of her life to mark her as an adulteress. She never gave up the name of her lover, but the man was too much of a coward to stand up for her and give himself up. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Scarlet_Letter

In some ways, what happened to you was much worse, because you didn't do anything wrong, you were just dating a guy and on top of that, you weren't even married!

So cool that you stood up to the mission holder's son and didn't let metered interrogations get the better of you. I wish every scn learned how to float their needles and could walk away from them and stick to their guns to stay with their relationships. You got hootzpah, woman!
    "Looking back on it I think I got these gains only because the processing made me self reflect and try to repair the damage done by it. So I made gains in spite of Scientology not because of it. It's better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you are not."

- Cleared Cannibal

6. Thanks Glenda says "thank you" for this post
    Likes dchoiceisalwaysrs liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy_ View Post
    Some of my worst Scientology memories involve being interrogated for hours on end and being screamed at to confess to all sorts of things I never did until my needle floated. I remember once when I was eleven years old, an MAA at ASHO had me on the meter (because I had been stalled for months on a course) and was demanding that I confess to outrageously inappropriate and outlandish things, like using a dildo, fantasizing about intercourse with my dad, and having sex with animals. I didn't even know what masturbation was and was seriously freaked out when she made me word-clear and do a demo of it. I think eventually my needle floated and she let me go with some sort of half-assed fake confession.

What's your horror story?
    Daisy, I am so terribly sorry you went through this. I have a feeling this wasn't the only trauma you endured in Scientology though - yes? I have very similar stories. Someone on this thread mentioned the fact that it was an MAA that was interrogating you and not an auditor -- as if this would make any sort of difference? What am I missing here?

I got in when I was very young, so strange and inappropriate shit began when I was 12. I don't want to give up too many stories because some are in my book (I am done with it by the way. Now I'm looking for an agent), but I have a doozy about how I was interrogated at FLAG by an auditor with a hyper, witch-hunty MAA in the room, right behind him over his shoulder eyeing the reads. "There! I saw a blip!" That sort of thing. They were trying to find out if I'd ever considered committing suicide -- if I'd even had a passing thought about it. I was probably 22 at this time. I said, "Who hasn't had this cross their mind -- just as subject matter?" They nearly threw me off base for saying that!

All this came down on me because my friend was thrown off base a few days before because she threatening to kill herself. Someone KRed her (probably me) and that was that for her. Now they were "cracking down." I'd only heard rumors about two people in the room during a sec check. I didn't think it was true or "standard," but there I was, pissing my pants, scared to death. I somehow made my needle float by saying that there had been days in my life when I wished I could've "called in dead," but I've never seriously thought about suicide. That made the auditor laugh, which made me laugh, and so it floated my needle. Whew! Back to the course room. Back to another ten years of mind bending.

8. Thanks Glenda, dchoiceisalwaysrs, WildKat says "thank you" for this post

Quote Originally Posted by EZ Linus View Post
    Daisy, I am so terribly sorry you went through this. I have a feeling this wasn't the only trauma you endured in Scientology though - yes? I have very similar stories. Someone on this thread mentioned the fact that it was an MAA that was interrogating you and not an auditor -- as if this would make any sort of difference? What am I missing here?
    Daisy said it was the ASHO MAA. Pheno had thought it was an auditor. MAAs are not required to be auditors. I was a fully trained Dir I&R at AOLA and also did the OEC course, that's how I know.

There is probably no difference in impact. Child abuse is child abuse, but metered interrogations like that conducted by an MAA is extra weird because scn policy itself prohibits it. So it sounds like this MAA was a full blown, child abusing psycho even beyond scientology crazy.

The policy on the only metered interrogation MAAs can do is very old, around 1968, I believe. It's called a "Trouble Area Questionnaire." There is no discussion of what comes up, there is no taking things to F/N. The reads are marked on the questions and it is sent to the C/S and it's normally only done when the C/S requests it, like for OT Eligibility. So the MAA doing some off the wall metered sec check of her own in the MAA office with sexual questions to a minor was absolutely psycho.

It's seriously perverted to then ask a minor or even an adult to clay demo, "masturbation." Did the MAA have clay in his office and wait, or was Daisy sent to the courseroom to do it? Who checked her out?

Seriously weird stuff. Scientology is really weird, but just when you think you've heard everything, you hear something so wild you go ! I'm not questioning Daisy at all. It's too bad she didn't report it at the time, because an MAA that's such a crazy, disturbed pervert to go making up questions like that and doing them in a metered interrogation and with a twisted, perverted clay demo assignment besides on a MINOR is the kind of thing that would have had that MAA Comm Eved. And at ASHO of all places, where people could hear what goes on in the MAA office from the hallway! It's just shocking.

The Child Care Org had its share of perverts, for sure. The first time I heard about that, I was really shocked. So no offense intended, but the story is extra shocking to me because MAAs aren't allowed to do that and never were - at least since 1968 or so. The ASHO MAAs I knew in the 80s were really nice and I never knew of anyone having that sort of experience with them back then, so maybe it was later or earlier? Or maybe one of them was a real closet pervert and nobody had any idea?

For some reason, COS allowed MAAs and others to be present during what they called, "Gang Bang Sec Checks" and that is absolutely hideous. In those, a trained auditor does the metering and others are in the room yelling and stuff. Apparently those went on some time after 1986. I have no firsthand knowledge of them because I was gone by then.

I wonder if Daisy can still report what happened to the police.
    "Looking back on it I think I got these gains only because the processing made me self reflect and try to repair the damage done by it. So I made gains in spite of Scientology not because of it. It's better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you are not."

- Cleared Cannibal

10. Thanks Glenda, dchoiceisalwaysrs, Gizmo, Type4_PTS, WildKat and 2 others says "thank you" for this post

When I was younger, perverted stuff went on in the Scientology community - when I was just getting started, and I was just a kid. Maybe it wasn't happening in the org, but it made incredible impressions on me, especially since I did not have my own parents with me to tell me any better. I was kind of an orphan being taken under the wing of other people's parents -- and since they were all OTs, I thought they knew everything and what they did was the "right" and "correct" thing to do, so when they told me that masturbation was wrong, I stopped doing it -- for many many years. I was probably 16 at that point.

Also, in the house where I stayed during my first "official" auditing, my friend, who was a couple years younger than I (14) -- she was having a sexual relationship with a 41 year-old that also lived in the house. Her parents knew and gave consent to this. I didn't think it was wrong at that time either but that was because I came from a sexually abusive background myself. I also worked for her parents' computer company and one of the other guys that I worked with (45), was engaged to a 12 year-old and had her OT3 parents' consent. The first time she came into the office to get some money from him for ice cream, she was playing in the street with some friends. I thought she was his daughter and he corrected me, "No that's my fiancee. Isn't she a knock-out?" I admit, she was well developed, but she behaved as a child. I had all kinds of questions for him until my boss (my friend's father, an OT7) told me to leave it alone. I didn't have much choice. I sure thought it was weird though.

After many other situations like this, even in being approached by middle aged OTs for sex personally before I was an adult, I learned that it was just normal for most Scientologists to use the whole "thetans living billions of years on the whole track" as an excuse for pedophilia - perhaps even if they weren't really pedophiliacs to begin with. Everyone was just "ageless."

Still, the child abuse in the cult is almost limitless. It's not only sex, it's physical and mental, emotional and I don't think it's reversible for most. IMO. Fucking with formidable years are incredibly damaging. Neglecting kids like that is just insane. They don't get to see or bond with their parents -- or any adults. They are labored too hard and UNLOVED, unseen, and deprived of just about everything a child needs. To have sex with them and turn them into adult objects, brainwash them, and then blame them (make them take responsibility for "being there") ...it's all one big nightmare.

Oh, I could go on...

12. Thanks Glenda, Lord Xenu, Gizmo, Enthetan, JustSheila and 3 others says "thank you" for this post
    WTF? Enthetan said WTF? to this post
    Gold Meritorious Patron Lurker5's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EZ Linus View Post
    When I was younger, perverted stuff went on in the Scientology community - when I was just getting started, and I was just a kid. Maybe it wasn't happening in the org, but it made incredible impressions on me, especially since I did not have my own parents with me to tell me any better. I was kind of an orphan being taken under the wing of other people's parents -- and since they were all OTs, I thought they knew everything and what they did was the "right" and "correct" thing to do, so when they told me that masturbation was wrong, I stopped doing it -- for many many years. I was probably 16 at that point.

Also, in the house where I stayed during my first "official" auditing, my friend, who was a couple years younger than I (14) -- she was having a sexual relationship with a 41 year-old that also lived in the house. Her parents knew and gave consent to this. I didn't think it was wrong at that time either but that was because I came from a sexually abusive background myself. I also worked for her parents' computer company and one of the other guys that I worked with (45), was engaged to a 12 year-old and had her OT3 parents' consent. The first time she came into the office to get some money from him for ice cream, she was playing in the street with some friends. I thought she was his daughter and he corrected me, "No that's my fiancee. Isn't she a knock-out?" I admit, she was well developed, but she behaved as a child. I had all kinds of questions for him until my boss (my friend's father, an OT7) told me to leave it alone. I didn't have much choice. I sure thought it was weird though.

After many other situations like this, even in being approached by middle aged OTs for sex personally before I was an adult, I learned that it was just normal for most Scientologists to use the whole "thetans living billions of years on the whole track" as an excuse for pedophilia - perhaps even if they weren't really pedophiliacs to begin with. Everyone was just "ageless."

Still, the child abuse in the cult is almost limitless. It's not only sex, it's physical and mental, emotional and I don't think it's reversible for most. IMO. Fucking with formidable years are incredibly damaging. Neglecting kids like that is just insane. They don't get to see or bond with their parents -- or any adults. They are labored too hard and UNLOVED, unseen, and deprived of just about everything a child needs. To have sex with them and turn them into adult objects, brainwash them, and then blame them (make them take responsibility for "being there") ...it's all one big nightmare.

Oh, I could go on...

Oh - just

For you And thanks for sharing that.
    Cautious as one crossing thin ice . . .
    (LaoTze-TaoDeJing, Chapter 15. 2nd verse . . . )

For Ray - I have not forgotten you, my friend
    Or you Scott, this is for you too. I hope you are out.
    Kay is out . . .

14. Thanks EZ Linus says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Glenda, dchoiceisalwaysrs liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy_ View Post
    Some of my worst Scientology memories involve being interrogated for hours on end and being screamed at to confess to all sorts of things I never did until my needle floated. I remember once when I was eleven years old, an MAA at ASHO had me on the meter (because I had been stalled for months on a course) and was demanding that I confess to outrageously inappropriate and outlandish things, like using a dildo, fantasizing about intercourse with my dad, and having sex with animals. I didn't even know what masturbation was and was seriously freaked out when she made me word-clear and do a demo of it. I think eventually my needle floated and she let me go with some sort of half-assed fake confession.

What's your horror story?

16. Thanks Glenda, EZ Linus says "thank you" for this post

Quote Originally Posted by This is NOT OK !!!! View Post
    I don't think so. Sounds more like a "Murder Routine" technique aimed to get the w/h by suggesting ever grander levels of crimes.

e.g.

Q: Who did you murder?
    A: I just stole $100.00 from my Dad's wallet, I didn't kill anyone!
    " I don't think so "

You are kidding right ? You somehow think asking an 11 year old girl about using a dildo has some way of getting to what has her stalled on a course ?

How disgusting that anyone would think that is OK to do something like that to a child and then try to justify such sordid behavior as a 'murder routine'. ( BTW the murder routine has to at least remotely related to the area the overt is being sought !)

PS : Turns out 99 + % of the time a child is bogged on a course is they are encountering words they have never seen before & it takes real patience to PROPERLY word clear a child & they will not be able to make ADULT check sheet time on a fucking course

Ah, what to do when the sups stats suck!
    Last edited by Moderator 3375; 19th March 2017 at 11:12 PM. Reason: Personal insults removed. M 3375
    Ain't life grand !

Over the years, I've come to really believe there is here & now . . . . . . . only.

18. Thanks Glenda, dchoiceisalwaysrs, Enthetan says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Lord Xenu, EZ Linus liked this post

Perhaps some of this continued long term child abuse came in long after I was gone. I knew there were instances of where there was a singular instance of sexual child abuse & what was always done was bury it, never report it to the police ( as the law requires) but sacrifice the individual for the image of the group.

While - particularly now - looking back I don't doubt there were some children in relationships with adults & it was known by those around them. It was certainly never anything I knew about, or heard about or would have tolerated. That would resulted in me at the police station & willingly taking an Sp declare & " my future gone " & all that shit.
    Children. Children being sexually abused & sometimes even with their parents condoning it ? ( legally makes no difference - still a crime )! If one of my children was molested & some idiot tried to tell me " well, they are trillions of years old " I issue an ass whipping of 'em on the spot.

How does a group get to where it is OK to sexually abuse children ?

Of all the things wrong with scientology - call it soul sucking, call it stealing ones life, call it bankrupting people, breaking up families with disconnection & all the rest of it - isn't allowing sexually molesting children the worst of all ?

Time for the cult of scientology to no longer exist.
    Ain't life grand !

Over the years, I've come to really believe there is here & now . . . . . . . only.

20. Thanks Glenda, Enthetan says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Ogsonofgroo, dchoiceisalwaysrs liked this post
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast