Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Leah Remini's 'Scientology and Aftermath' Coming Back for Season Two!

Gold Meritorious Patron phenomanon's Avatar

Default Re: Leah Remini's 'Scientology and Aftermath' Coming Back for Season Two!

Quote Originally Posted by JustSheila View Post
    David Voorhees. Gary Jacobs, former OSA and former MAA AOLA.

No, Terril.

It is a criminal felony act and requires supporting documentation to be aired, something Pheno does not have. That is different from personal testimonies, which is what have been aired so far.

It would leave Pheno open to harassment without proving anything. She doesn't need that.
    There were a couple of others who knew the cycle, but neither could they prove that it was Thorazine that he was given. Only that he was psychotic, on Babywatch, and being given pills. Whether those pills were Thorazine or Vitamins, would not be provable, I don't think.

Also, it seems more productive to me to show widespread incidents , or long patterns, of abuse. So that it doesn't look like it happened to only one or two people, but in fact, is a common practice in the Cult.

Thanks for the thought , Terrill.
    phenomanon

Default Re: Leah Remini's 'Scientology and Aftermath' Coming Back for Season Two!

Quote Originally Posted by phenomanon View Post
    There were a couple of others who knew the cycle, but neither could they prove that it was Thorazine that he was given. Only that he was psychotic, on Babywatch, and being given pills. Whether those pills were Thorazine or Vitamins, would not be provable, I don't think.

Also, it seems more productive to me to show widespread incidents , or long patterns, of abuse. So that it doesn't look like it happened to only one or two people, but in fact, is a common practice in the Cult.

Thanks for the thought , Terrill.
    AFAIK it has been a relatively common or at least not
    unknown practice.

I expect Mike Rinder would know and have details.
    Leah said he's recieving 100s of mails.

True Ex-Scientologist programmer_guy's Avatar

If he did, he certainly deserved it.
    I agree.

But what I thought happened was he retained the ownership of his property there in Riverside.
    Yes, he did.

His book, "Madman or Messiah"would indicate that he was not silenced.
    Check for the last date of publication. (1987? That would indicate the approximate time for the hush deal.)
    The emphasis on finding and describing "knowledge structures" that are somewhere "inside" the individual encourages us to overlook the fact that human cognition is always situated in a complex sociocultural world and cannot be unaffected by it. - Edwin Hutchins
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edwin_Hutchins

4. Thanks phenomanon says "thank you" for this post
    Likes phenomanon liked this post

Mike Rinder of Scientology and the Aftermath is now a U.S. citizen.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BR3reVQlv_o/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BR3q9CNl2bw/

Last edited by CommunicatorIC; 21st March 2017 at 04:19 AM.

6. Thanks AngeloV, WildKat, Type4_PTS says "thank you" for this post
    Gold Meritorious Patron

This is great. Congrats Mike

When will Miscavage lose his citizenship?

Deadline Hollywood: Leah Remini: Scientology Can “Destroy People’s Lives”

Deadline Hollywood: Leah Remini: Scientology Can “Destroy People’s Lives”; How Revenge & Consequence Drive ‘Six’; ‘UnReal’ EP On First Female Suitor – Contenders Emmys

http://deadline.com/2017/04/leah-rem...th-1202066390/

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

Just renewed by A&E for a second season, Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath explores the underbelly of the Church of Scientology. Remini was a member of the church for 37 years but left in 2013 and became a strong activist for exposing its behind-the-scenes machinations.

“We believed that as Scientologists we had the answers and everybody else was lost,” Remini said at Deadline’s The Contenders Emmys event. “This is about a doctrine that calls to destroy people’s lives when they speak out.”

Remini said her mission in the hourlong show is to “continue to tell these people’s stories until somebody steps in to do something about it.”

She might be close to achieving her objective. Mike Rinder, another ex-Scientologist who also participates in the show, said lawyers were working hard to bring action on the church.

“They’re reviewing all the facts, reviewing the stories of the victims and reviewing the law,” he said. “It’s looking very hopeful.”

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

9. Thanks JBWriter, Type4_PTS says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Churchill, JBWriter, Type4_PTS liked this post

The first season of Scientology and the Aftermath to debut in Singapore. Singapore Straits Times: Leah Remini criticises Scientology in new series

The docuseries Scientology and the Aftermath debuts in Singapore on Sunday, 16 April 2017 on StarHub TV.

In this interview Leah Remini answers eight questions.

Singapore Straits Times: Leah Remini criticises Scientology in new series

http://www.straitstimes.com/lifestyl...of-scientology

By Yip Wai Yee [Mail] [Twitter]

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

8Q

Hollywood actress and former Scientologist Leah Remini may be one of the most vocal and prominent critics of the Church of Scientology today. But she does not regret having been a member of the controversial group for almost her entire life.

The 46-year-old made headlines when she abruptly left the organisation in 2013 after 34 years as an active member. Her mother, actor husband Angelo Pagan and their 12-year-old daughter Sofia also left Scientology shortly after.

Speaking to The Straits Times in a telephone interview, Remini says: "I don't regret any of it because I wouldn't be here now. I feel that it was supposed to be my path to go through something like this, so that I can do what I love to do, which is to help people.

"So I don't regret it in a certain way because I'm here now, doing what I'm meant to do."

Since she left the organisation, she has made it her mission to expose the controversial rules that Scientology imposes on its members. They include the act of disconnection, which means a Scientologist has to cut all ties with anyone who is antagonistic towards the group, even if that person is a family member or close friend.

Besides writing the best-selling book, Troublemaker: Surviving Hollywood And Scientology (2015), Remini has also produced a documentary series, Leah Remini: Scientology And The Aftermath.

Told over seven episodes, the series shows her interviewing other ex-Scientologists about their often harrowing experiences of being in the group. Tales of physical and mental abuse within the organisation are common, according to the show.

When the series premiered in the United States last November, it was a ratings hit for television network A+E, drawing 2.1 million viewers for the first episode - the most for a new show premiere at the network in two years. A second season has been greenlit for production.

In Singapore, the series premieres on Sunday on StarHub TV.

Remini, who is best known for starring in the long-running sitcom The King Of Queens (1997-2008), says: "My greatest achievement from doing a show like this is helping to change the way people view Scientology. It went from people making fun of Scientology, thinking, 'What are these crazy beliefs?', to seeing that it is hurting people and something to be taken seriously.

"Also, the people who have been abused through Scientology are finally receiving the love and comfort from the real world that they are deserving of."

1 What led you to leave Scientology?

[SNIP]

•Leah Remini: Scientology And The Aftermath premieres on Crime + Investigation (StarHub TV Channel 403) on Sunday at 9pm.

A version of this article appeared in the print edition of The Straits Times on April 10, 2017, with the headline 'Vocal critic of Scientology'.

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *
    Last edited by CommunicatorIC; 10th April 2017 at 02:58 AM.

11. Thanks JBWriter says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Churchill, JBWriter, Type4_PTS liked this post

16 April 2017 - The first season of Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath debuts in Singapore, Hong Kong, Bangkok and Jakarta.

http://www.citvasia.com/shows/leah-r...logy-aftermath

Last edited by CommunicatorIC; 10th April 2017 at 02:53 AM.

13. Thanks JBWriter, dchoiceisalwaysrs, Type4_PTS, lotus says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Churchill, JBWriter, Type4_PTS, lotus liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by CommunicatorIC View Post
    16 April 2017 - The first season of Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath debuts in Singapore, Hong Kong, Bangkok and Jakarta.

Its already started on SKY TV in the UK.

http://www.crimeandinvestigation.co....logy-aftermath

Gold Meritorious Patron

Quote Originally Posted by CommunicatorIC View Post

Seems like the sun is shining everywhere today... even the moon was full and bright at 5PM here.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast