Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stopped In Clearwater Today

Gold Meritorious Patron phenomanon's Avatar

Default Re: Stopped In Clearwater Today

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Ellie View Post
    I stopped in Clearwater today - in the area on business. I hung out in front of the Ft. Harrison for awhile. Took some photos & texted to friends & relations.

I noticed I was noticed while walking around... folks running around in vests on the street would stop talking and look at me. Those speaking other than English would continue talking in their native tongue. No one said hello or made direct eye contact for more than a very brief second.

Security was "watching" me while "not watching me". No one approached me but they were very aware of me. Obvious I had a "smarter than me phone" and was texting photos. While walking back to my car parked in a public lot behind the Ft. Harrison I flipped off a security camera covering the sidewalk.

The last time I was here was in '82-'83. Everyone was welcome and you walked in and out of the Ft. Harrison as you pleased. Not now. Nothing welcoming the general public or any kind of information available that I saw. The people on the street did not look very peppy... just focused and serious.

I went to the beach... mind you it is spring break and people from all over the country are in town. No advertisements, handouts, billboards... NOTHING announcing you are in the promised land of sciobots. NO "WTH" materials being handed out while I was there. No ads on the trolleys.

In my opinion no way in hell they will do anything positive for downtown... but what do I know.

, so it's good to know that you were not approached. I don't know what's wrong with my thing, but it is posting sentences backwards. Senteence #2 is going on above sentence #1. Been doing it for days. !!
    Thanks Miss Ellie. I am thinking of a visit to Clearwater
    phenomanon

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Ellie View Post
    I took photos of the outside not the in. Did not even try to enter. When I got there no security by the front doors. After I was there taking photos two were out by the front door. I saw 8 non staff member looking folks walking to or from the Ft. Harrison. That was it. Could hear kids playing in the pool behind the walls. People got in and out of cars at the.front doors. Locals yelled when traffic was blocked with them loading/unloading. Remeber this was a Sunday so not very busy.

If I get a chance will go back by and get more photos. I probably will not try to enter.

I sat in my car having a snack before I left and security kept an eye on me. Guess I was their comic releif for the afternoon.

Don't get outta the buggy, Mama!
    phenomanon

3. Likes Gizmo liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    For a Church, isn't that place sort of hard to get into ?

Maybe it's just me that's so wacky weirdo, but, every dang Church I ever tried to walk into just welcomed me with open arms - willing to give me handouts & brochures if I wanted them. They acted like they welcomed me to their place of worship.

But, hard to get in the front door ? Hard to visit ? What is not just plain weird about that ?
    Isn't the Fort Harrison a Hotel? What if you went up to the door and asked if they had any vacancies?
    phenomanon

Quote Originally Posted by phenomanon View Post

Ya, we always say that while watching the movie. Do they listen? Noooo....

"Go to heaven for the climate and hell for the company." –Mark Twain

"Religion and theology must not be confounded. Religion is not doctrine, but a new birth." - R. Falckenberg History of Modern Philosophy (on German mysticism).

6. LOL! Jump, dchoiceisalwaysrs, JustSheila, Ogsonofgroo laughed at this post

Isn't the Fort Harrison a Hotel? What if you went up to the door and asked if they had any vacancies?
    I haven't looked at the sign over the door in years. Could say Fort Harrison Hotel ( I doubt that ) or it could say Co$ or God know what. Mecca ?

About the Mecca thing, I wonder why the old boy stopped at disconnection & didn't go all the way to stoning to death ?

Oh, disconnection hurts longer !
    " You can't focus on anything without attracting more of it "

"Contradictory beliefs cancel your energy because you have a built in mental conflict between the validity of one belief, expressing itself only at the direct expense of another belief".
    Mark Douglas

8. Thanks Jump says "thank you" for this post
    Gold Meritorious Sponsor HelluvaHoax!'s Avatar

lol

such a funny expression, i wondered where it came from.

an original?

or a veiled reference to the treacherous trip down river in Apocalypse Now (movie) based on Heart of Darkness (novel) where the operative line was: "Don't get outta the boat!"

Anyways, you are funny!

ps: did you get your backwards sentences fixed? If not: "Reboot, Mama!" lol

Scientology literally saved my life! Without Ron's books I would have frozen to death!!! (see avatar)

Scientology in one word? HelluvaHoax!

I never felt as free as when I freed myself from "Total Freedom".

For offended Scientologists reading this blasphemy about L. Ron Hubbard---my apologies for talking about real life without lying to you, like Scientology, with goo-goo theta-talk. I know you don't have a floating needle right now. You're not supposed to.

10. Thanks phenomanon says "thank you" for this post
    Likes phenomanon liked this post
    LOL! phenomanon laughed at this post
    Gold Meritorious Sponsor HelluvaHoax!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by F.Bullbait View Post
    Ya, we always say that while watching the movie. Do they listen? Noooo....

haven't read this thread entirely, but just saw your post.

is that "buggy" line an actual line from a movie? A Dracula movie? I better get my Google on and find out what everyone's talking about! LOL

Scientology literally saved my life! Without Ron's books I would have frozen to death!!! (see avatar)

Scientology in one word? HelluvaHoax!

I never felt as free as when I freed myself from "Total Freedom".

For offended Scientologists reading this blasphemy about L. Ron Hubbard---my apologies for talking about real life without lying to you, like Scientology, with goo-goo theta-talk. I know you don't have a floating needle right now. You're not supposed to.

Quote Originally Posted by cakemaker View Post
    I read someplace from a recent ex-SO that current policy for Flag staff/crew is to NOT to talk to 'wogs' unless absolutely necessary.
    Anyone can confirm?
    Gee, that is a new variation on their version of communication.

Maybe it's something from TWTH ?
    " You can't focus on anything without attracting more of it "

"Contradictory beliefs cancel your energy because you have a built in mental conflict between the validity of one belief, expressing itself only at the direct expense of another belief".
    Mark Douglas

13. LOL! dchoiceisalwaysrs laughed at this post

Quote Originally Posted by HelluvaHoax! View Post
    haven't read this thread entirely, but just saw your post.

is that "buggy" line an actual line from a movie? A Dracula movie? I better get my Google on and find out what everyone's talking about! LOL

"Don't get outta the buggy, Mama!' sounds like something you would say to 'Miss Ellie' with a honeyed southern US accent. Made me think of all those old movies where a character gets out the buggy and meets with their premature demise. Don't know of any actual precedent.

"Go to heaven for the climate and hell for the company." –Mark Twain

"Religion and theology must not be confounded. Religion is not doctrine, but a new birth." - R. Falckenberg History of Modern Philosophy (on German mysticism).

15. Thanks HelluvaHoax! says "thank you" for this post
    Gold Meritorious Patron

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    These days more than a quick drive by gets attention from security.

I can stroll by the White House with less attention paid to me.

A paranoid church ? Odd.
    it is a mental disease inherited by EL Con's DNA. The only cure is emigrating to target 2.

17. Likes Gizmo liked this post
    LOL! Jump, Gizmo, Operating DB laughed at this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast