Thread: Southern California start-of-summer beach party on Saturday, May 20th!

Patron

Default Southern California start-of-summer beach party on Saturday, May 20th!

The annual Southern California interfaithless start-of-summer get-together will be held on Saturday, May 20th at Bolsa Chica State Beach.

Mark your calendars! Everything starts at 3:00pm. After hanging out our fellow ex's and enjoying the beach, the BBQ ribs (that's right, ya'll get ribs) will be ready around 6:00pm. Stay as long as you'd like and enjoy the fire, marshmallows, and conversation.

The beach closes at 10:00pm when the lifeguard trucks come by telling us to leave.
    Note: this beach does not allow alcohol or pets.

In the past, this event has attracted ex-mormons, ex-jw's, ex-orthodox jews, ex-muslims, ex-scientologists, ex-adventists, and ex-muslims. At recent events, people travelled from as far as Las Vegas and San Francisco to attend. Mingling with our counterparts from similar backgrounds is, for lack of a better word, heavenly.

Parking at the beach is $15. Bring some food to share if you'd like, or just bring yourself. The man planning the event and smoking the ribs (me) accepts tips, but it's not mandatory. Don't not come if that's an issue.

You must RSVP for this event by leaving a comment or sending me a PM. To those who RSVP, I will let you know the exact spot on the beach closer to the event. If you don't RSVP, you'll be lost on a 3 mile beach trying to find us.

Please spread the word and feel free to bring whoever you like!

Here's a review of the last event by user Adam7986.

Here's the scene from last year:

2. Thanks AngeloV, Free to shine, Adam7986, tesseract says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Adam7986, tesseract liked this post
    Gold Meritorious Patron WildKat's Avatar

Default Re: Southern California start-of-summer beach party on Saturday, May 20th!

What a great idea! We need an event in every region, for those of us too far to travel to CA.

Northeast, southeast, Midwest, southwest, etc.
    Dismayed and confused by terrorist attacks? Educate yourself and take action. https://www.theobjectivestandard.com...inst-the-west/

4. Likes Free to shine liked this post

Default Re: Southern California start-of-summer beach party on Saturday, May 20th!

Hi Everyone!

This group is great. I went last year and they were so warm and welcoming. The food was delicious. I met people from all kinds of cults and we exchanged stories. We also talked about what life is like now that we are out from under the cult's thumb. There were even some people there who are under the radar and use the group as a way to get away from it all. As an ex-Scientologist it was absolutely crazy to me.

They are a cool group, and we do need someone to rep the ex-Scientology community because I may not be able to make it this year. So if anyone can show up (you don't have to announce it here), that would be great! I promise it'll be a good time. Food, the sun, the ocean and your gracious host makes delicious ribs.

6. Thanks Free to shine, TheWayoftheFuture says "thank you" for this post
    Patron

This is going to be a great event. RSVP to come be a part of it.

8. Thanks Free to shine says "thank you" for this post
    Patron

Two days away. Can't wait.

Patron

[RECAP]

The event was fantastic! I didn't get an exact count, but I estimate there was about 75 people there. There was an ex-scientologist, an exmuslim, exjw's, ex-evangelicals, ex-orthodox jews, and exmormons.

People traveled from all over southern California to attend. Six people travelled from Las Vegas. One couple travelled from Bishop, CA. One couple travelled from Utah.

For those who couldn't make it, the next one will be on Saturday, September 9th. Calendar it now and plan ahead.

11. Likes dchoiceisalwaysrs liked this post