Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: How people get "cemented in" to Scientology

Gold Meritorious Patron This is NOT OK !!!!'s Avatar

Default Re: How people get "cemented in" to Scientology

Quote Originally Posted by Goodbye View Post
    snip I'm always extremely critical of the accuracy of any story about Scientology since most people who have left the CO$ have axes to grind, agendas to belabor, which often lend themselves to exaggeration, falsehood and altered perspective.
    Not sure which Church of Scientology you attended, but my experience is exact opposite!

The stories of the exes very often do not tell the full extent of the abuse. Victims of abuse (of whatever kind) are often unaware, confused, blame self, tired, unable to verbalize the full extent of the abuse.

My guess is that if the journalists who have experience interviewing ex Scientologists were to be polled, they would state that horrible tales just spill out and that these victims have not fully processed what happened to them.
    Iím not saying that everyone who is in Scientology is stupid, but I will say that I was purposefully blind for a long time. Paul Haggis

2. Thanks Enthetan, Jump, Operating DB, JustSheila, tesseract and 1 others says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Jump, JustSheila, tesseract liked this post
    Gold Meritorious Patron WildKat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by This is NOT OK !!!! View Post
    Not sure which Church of Scientology you attended, but my experience is exact opposite!

The stories of the exes very often do not tell the full extent of the abuse. Victims of abuse (of whatever kind) are often unaware, confused, blame self, tired, unable to verbalize the full extent of the abuse.

My guess is that if the journalists who have experience interviewing ex Scientologists were to be polled, they would state that horrible tales just spill out and that these victims have not fully processed what happened to them.
    People who leave Scn also leave with the baggage that "you're always responsible for the condition you're in," so it can take YEARS for them to see that they were actually the victim of a cult.
    Dismayed and confused by terrorist attacks? Educate yourself and take action. https://www.theobjectivestandard.com...inst-the-west/

4. Thanks tesseract says "thank you" for this post
    Likes JustSheila, tesseract liked this post

I'm always extremely critical of the accuracy of any story about Scientology since most people who have left the CO$ have axes to grind, agendas to belabor, which often lend themselves to exaggeration, falsehood and altered perspective. >snip<
    You wouldn't happen to write press statements for Karin Pouw?
    War is Peace - Freedom is Slavery - Ignorance is Strength. George Orwell
    Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. Voltaire
    It is a truism that almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creed into law if it acquires the political power to do so. Robert A. Heinlein.

6. Thanks Anonycat says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Anonycat liked this post
    LOL! Enthetan, Operating DB, JustSheila laughed at this post

Quote Originally Posted by Free Being Me View Post
    You wouldn't happen to write press statements for Karin Pouw?
    Nor anyone else.

Same bucket of sh*t exists in both sides of the camp.

Quote Originally Posted by This is NOT OK !!!! View Post
    Not a black & white world.

I'm not a victim of anything, not the CO$, DM or anyone else.

Most though I know liked auditing and training but not the organization and sought venture elsewhere such as Independent Scientology.

Then there are those like Feral and Scooter and many others who have been hit very badly as fact has borne out.

Then there are those who consider themselves victims, at least purport to be, esp. when they have axes to grind and agendas to forward.

Not a black & white world, anything and everything inbetween.

I left when I realized the CO$ wasn't going anywhere, but have no regrets on all the services I took. In fact I left a happy camper and and bailed out at the exact point they weren't serving me any longer, and then continued in IND. SCN. And I'm still a happy camper.
    Last edited by Goodbye; 30th March 2017 at 06:41 AM.

8. Thanks tesseract says "thank you" for this post

Nor anyone else.

Same bucket of sh*t exists in both sides of the camp.
    I see. You're obviously a people person.
    Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. Voltaire
    It is a truism that almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creed into law if it acquires the political power to do so. Robert A. Heinlein.

10. LOL! This is NOT OK !!!!, strativarius laughed at this post

I'm always extremely critical of the accuracy of any story about Scientology since most people who have left the CO$ have axes to grind, agendas to belabor, which often lend themselves to exaggeration, falsehood and altered perspective. >snip<
    >snip< Then there are those who consider themselves victims, at least purport to be, esp. when they have axes are grind and agendas to forward.
    You're repeating yourself with the same ludicrous $cio dead agenting smear tactic. The Cof$ through their spokesholes releases similar garbage on a regular basis trying to mislead the public into disregarding what Ex's have to say. That might not be the way to go here.

12. Thanks JBWriter, Operating DB, HelluvaHoax!, JustSheila, Anonycat says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Churchill liked this post

You're repeating yourself with the same ludicrous $cio dead agenting smear tactic. The Cof$ through their spokesholes releases similar garbage on a regular basis trying to mislead the public into disregarding what Ex's have to say. That might not be the way to go here.
    Yep! And not just here, but to any ex who tells their account of what happened. It's also exactly like like the cult PR "press releases" or responses to any and all whistleblowers. We've all seen it again and again. The "axe to grind" is a classic phrase from the cult when facing the reality of all those who speak out about the truth of what happens within the cult. And you nailed it: Karin Pouw does this and repeatedly - and has for years. Oh, Leah and her TV show? Axe to grind. Name any documentary about the cult, or anyone with sterling credentials: axe to grind/bigot.

14. Likes JustSheila, Free Being Me liked this post

"I'm always extremely critical of the accuracy of any story about Scientology since most people who have left the CO$ have axes to grind, agendas to belabor, which often lend themselves to exaggeration, falsehood and altered perspective."

Doesn't matter what the CO$ says or does, or however you wish to "associate" whatever tactic they use. My statement is an observable FACT regardless who or what entity concurs or disagrees with it. Much supposed victim-testimony is pure BS, perhaps you buy into it, I don't. Feral's and Scooter's stories are spot-on.

Many objections to BS is met with "The CO$ said that too, therefore you must be a ...". Entirely your own nonsense, your own inability to distinguish between BS & the CO$.

I really don't care how things go here, I call the shots the way I see them, not the way you may like or dislike them. I don't sign up with agreement or disagreement clubs.
    Last edited by Goodbye; 30th March 2017 at 07:57 AM.

16. Thanks tesseract says "thank you" for this post

Doesn't matter what the CO$ says or does, or however you wish to "associate" whatever tactic they use. My statement is an observable FACT regardless who or what entity concurs or disagrees with it. Much supposed victim-testimony is pure BS, perhaps you buy into it, I don't. Feral's and Scooter's stories are spot-on.

Many objections to BS is met with "The CO$ said that too, therefore you must be a ...". Entirely your own nonsense, your own inability to distinguish between BS & the CO$.

I really don't care how things go here, I call the shots the way I see them, not the way you may like or dislike them. I don't sign up with agreement or disagreement clubs.
    I've seen $cio's and the still $cio-minded and cult apologists and cult defenders play their rhetoric/fallacy serpentine dodge-ball antics here at ESMB for years. They don't last long because they end up ignored or leave in a huff or step over the line getting themselves perma-banned.

Yes, Feral and Scooter have shared their stories and both are worth the time to read. And many other people have shared their experiences inside the $cio-cult and they too deserve to be heard. With that said, all you're posting are generalities and baseless accusations with no specifics and doing it in way that minimizes and dismisses the many people who escaped a brutal cult. I recommend you google the word empathy. Good luck.

18. Thanks Operating DB says "thank you" for this post

I've seen $cio's and the still $cio-minded and cult apologists and cult defenders play their rhetoric/fallacy serpentine dodge-ball antics here at ESMB for years.
    Who cares in any group that immediately sets out to viciously attacking anyone still practicing SCN out here?

How about you start taking a look in your own backyard, it's not a one-way street. You ask for tolerance for CO$-victims while you yourself have ZERO tolerance for anyone still doing SCN all the while posing subtle threats of banning. That's trolling, not victimhood. Here's the "perspective" factor I spoke of earlier. Time for some insight.

They don't last long because they end up ignored or leave in a huff or step over the line getting themselves perma-banned.
    Anytime you like.

If my opinions, whether they are in agreement or disagreement with CO$ or any other association you like to draw is not welcome, I don't want to be here either. You are a CO$-victim while also being intolerant of well-thought-out talking points? This is where the "BS" comes in I spoke of earlier.

You are just as critical toward those still practicing SCN out here as the CO$ers are of you. Playing with the same mirror? What makes you any different in mindset from the scios other than "I'm against them now"???

Yes, Feral and Scooter have shared their stories and both are worth the time to read. And many other people have shared their experiences inside the $cio-cult and they too deserve to be heard.
    Nothing in any of my previous postings suggests I'm denying anyone's rights to be heard, hence a moot point. I also have the right to be heard even if it's in disagreement with any position you have on the matter. Remember, two-way street? Or have you become so rigid after leaving the CO$ that certain points of discussion have become too intolerable for you?

"Exaggeration, falsehood and altered perspective" is my position whether you agree with it or not. I deem it to be true and factual. And if you don't agree with it, that OK with me, as it should be OK with you for me to post my position on this matter.

No?

With that said, all you're posting are generalities and baseless accusations with no specifics and doing it in way that minimizes and dismisses the many people who escaped a brutal cult. I recommend you google the word empathy. Good luck.
    False. This statement itself is a generalization, no different than the generalization that everyone who was in the CO$ at one time now posting out here is a victim. In fact, it's a falsehood. This is the falsehood I spoke of earlier. You are in serious need of some insight my friend.

You can find my "Empathy" on both Feral's and Scooter's thread -- Google not necessary. You merely need to look instead of proselyting.
    Last edited by Goodbye; 30th March 2017 at 10:05 AM.

20. Likes Edwardo, tesseract liked this post
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast