Page 80 of 80 FirstFirst ... 7071727374757677787980

Thread: A test of whole track recall

Default Re: A test of whole track recall

Quote Originally Posted by Mimsey Borogrove View Post
    <snip>

So, I can understand the bad reactions one can get. My apologies if any of my evaluations upset any of you. If you want to watch a video about a lady that, via a stroke, had her left brain shut down, temporarily, this is a fabulous video.

Mmsey
    Hey Mimsey,
    Don't get me wrong on the quote. I read your whole post. Pretty cool. (You posted that vid before, btw.)

No apology necessary to me, but thanks anyway.

My only comment is that all focus stops the day-to-day thinking/worrying/analyzing, not just the auditor getting his client focused in session. I think it's better for a person to learn to focus on their own in life rather than through an auditor or exclusively in a counseling session. They become more self-directed that way.

Cheers, and goodnight.
    "Looking back on it I think I got these gains only because the processing made me self reflect and try to repair the damage done by it. So I made gains in spite of Scientology not because of it. It's better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you are not."

- Cleared Cannibal

2. Thanks Mimsey Borogrove says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Mimsey Borogrove liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by programmer_guy View Post

We need to define what we are talking about when "reactive mind" is mentioned.

Is a person referring to Hubbard's definition of engrams, secondaries, and locks?
    Or is a person simply referring to brain activity that is not occurring in the prefrontal cortex but affects the activity in the prefrontal cortex?

No cortex need apply, if I recall my book one. He didn't espouse the mind was the brain, but was a collection of mental pictures, analyzer circuits, the awareness of being aware unit in charge, etc and a sub-awareness mind, called the reactive mind that got us out of danger. It, the reactive mind, got fucked up when language was introduced into it, because of it's literal thinking - A=A=A. I am sure someone will give a more detailed response, but he conceived the brain as a sort of switchboard between the non-physical mind and the remainder of the body.

Mimsey

4. Thanks tesseract says "thank you" for this post
    Gold Meritorious Sponsor HelluvaHoax!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mimsey Borogrove View Post
    --snipped--

I have been thinking off and on today - why all the strum and drang over evaluation? Perhaps because it acts as a sort of wrong indication or invalidation when it is off? Why would that be? Let me hand you a quote by Ingo Swann from a book by Russel Targ:

"... as I sit on my deck in the Portola Valley looking out across San Francisco Bay, I feel that I can reliably experience the beautiful and spacious scene before me. But on reflection I realize that this conviction is unfortunately based neither on a complete perception nor a correct understanding of what I am viewing. The internalized perception of nature before me is created, obstructed, and obscured by mental noise.

Mental noise is the ongoing chatter in our mind, together with a desire to name and concretize everything we see or experience. The great psychic Ingo Swann calls this noise analytical overlay (AOL) and says it comprises memory, imagination and analysis - all of which we use to color and reconfigure our sights and experiences. The idea is that we give everything we experience all meaning it has for us. Our assumption is that the outer world has no meaning inherent to itself. This illusion is what Buddhists cal maya or samsara -and it can cause a lot of unnecessary suffering. "

In a sense it reminds me of left brain thinking - the constant chatter, evaluation, thinking that we do, where as the right side is not concerned with that thought process.

So here we are, happily evaluating the universe, poketa, poketa as it passes into the past, happy with our labeling, categorizing etc. and we sit down in front of an auditor who refuses to accept our evaluations, and foists off his or Hubbard's own evaluations. Those evaluations never completely match our own. It explains muzzled auditing where you only ask and ack.

So here we have Sheila's bad reaction to going E/sim, HH's refusal to purchase a whole track remedy, those two OT's who said 6 mos checks violate c/s series 78? where it says you don't interrupt solo auditing with any other auditing actions & got declared for trying to apply standard LRH. On and on, ad infinitum. All that eval never matches our own evaluations. And it irks us.

So, I can understand the bad reactions one can get. My apologies if any of my evaluations upset any of you. If you want to watch a video about a lady that, via a
    stroke, had her left brain shut down, temporarily, this is a fabulous video.

Mmsey

OMG, what are you even talking about? LOL

Sorry to evaluate for you, but you're just making shit up now. LOL

I refused to buy a past lives remedy? LOL. That never happened.

I got upset by being C/Sed for a past lives remedy? LOL. That never happened.

I got restimulated on this thread because of whatever? LOL. That never happened. I simply disagreed with something you posted. I didn't need any "indications" or case handling, trust me. LOL

Jesus, dude, where are you coming up with all this shit? LOL

Hey, did you ever notice the difference between your imagination and reality? LOL

ps: Are you sure you didn't mean "Sturm & Drang"? ("Strum & Drang" sounds like a German band of guitar playing folk singers. )
    Last edited by HelluvaHoax!; 25th July 2017 at 08:14 AM.

Scientology literally saved my life! Without Ron's books I would have frozen to death!!! (see avatar)

Scientology in one word? HelluvaHoax!

I never felt as free as when I freed myself from "Total Freedom".

For offended Scientologists reading this blasphemy about L. Ron Hubbard---my apologies for talking about real life without lying to you, like Scientology, with goo-goo theta-talk. I know you don't have a floating needle right now. You're not supposed to.

6. Likes strativarius, tesseract, AngeloV liked this post
    Gold Meritorious Patron AngeloV's Avatar

Auditing procedures and rules were built by the Old Quack to evaluate the shit out PC's by insuring that they did not have the wrong "cognition". PCs are not allowed ever to have any thought that contradicts a single word of the 'tek'.

If in session, the PC had the cognition "I like anatomy so much that I realize the best thing for me to do is stop auditing for a time and get my medical degree. That would make me so happy and a lot of money to do my bridge!". What do you think the C/S would do? Congratulate the woman and let her go off to college? Hell no. They would order some kind of ethics action or 'repair' auditing because the cognition is wrong. The 'right cognition' would be for the PC to max out credit cards and mortgage their house to go 'clear' NOW.

I remember during a course I 'cognited' that I didn't need to use pebbles, marbles and paper clips to "add mass" to what I was studying. I could do that in my minds eye. I was VGI's and told the course supervisor that during a checkout. She got this frown on her face and shook her head and said "what word didn't you understand".
    A.V.
    Ex-Sea Org
    "That's what it's all about...credit cards to total freedom!" -- Sparrow
    Scientology is a vacation from reality gone terribly wrong.
    Before you speak - listen
    Before you spend - earn
    Before you write - think
    Before you die - live

8. Likes tesseract liked this post
Page 80 of 80 FirstFirst ... 7071727374757677787980