Page 82 of 82 FirstFirst ... 7273747576777879808182

Thread: A test of whole track recall

Gold Meritorious Sponsor HelluvaHoax!'s Avatar

Default Re: A test of whole track recall

Quote Originally Posted by phenomanon View Post
    Listing on NOTs is an overt, anyways. The correct 'what are you item' for one BT will be wrong for another, so better to simply use that 'thetan hand' technique to wipe 'em all out.

LOL

Personally, I prefer another different, but closely related technique favored by many ex-scientologists, as follows:

1. Do not fly a rude if no F/N

2. Using "thetan foot" technique1, rudely kick cult's ass.

4. Enjoy wins, afterglow and the serenity of schadenfreude.

1 Thetan Foot technique: The 100% workable technology employed by SPs, Defrocked Apostates and other evil beings of whatever degraded denomination--to bring Scientologists to their senses. It consists mainly of one or more of the following: a) Facts b) Laughter (i.e. unauthorized joking & degrading) and/or c) Performing Volunteer Minister assists that help occluded Scientologists to improve their memory, by publishing their overts and withholds in broadly read/viewed public venues.

Scientology literally saved my life! Without Ron's books I would have frozen to death!!! (see avatar)

Scientology in one word? HelluvaHoax!

I never felt as free as when I freed myself from "Total Freedom".

For offended Scientologists reading this blasphemy about L. Ron Hubbard---my apologies for talking about real life without lying to you, like Scientology, with goo-goo theta-talk. I know you don't have a floating needle right now. You're not supposed to.

2. Thanks Gizmo says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Gizmo liked this post
    LOL! phenomanon, hummingbird, Gizmo, Operating DB laughed at this post
    True Ex-Scientologist programmer_guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by programmer_guy View Post

We need to define what we are talking about when "reactive mind" is mentioned.

Is a person referring to Hubbard's definition of engrams, secondaries, and locks?
    Or is a person simply referring to brain activity that is not occurring in the prefrontal cortex but affects the activity in the prefrontal cortex?

Quote Originally Posted by Mimsey Borogrove View Post
    No cortex need apply, if I recall my book one. He didn't espouse the mind was the brain, but was a collection of mental pictures, analyzer circuits, the awareness of being aware unit in charge, etc and a sub-awareness mind, called the reactive mind that got us out of danger. It, the reactive mind, got fucked up when language was introduced into it, because of it's literal thinking - A=A=A. I am sure someone will give a more detailed response, but he conceived the brain as a sort of switchboard between the non-physical mind and the remainder of the body.

Mimsey

So, you are still going with Hubbard's Dianetics stuff? Or have you changed your thoughts/opinions about it?

The emphasis on finding and describing "knowledge structures" that are somewhere "inside" the individual encourages us to overlook the fact that human cognition is always situated in a complex sociocultural world and cannot be unaffected by it. - Edwin Hutchins
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edwin_Hutchins

Quote Originally Posted by Gib View Post
    well, the trick is to think it reads on "charge", but yet it also reads on happy thoughts.

L Ron Hubbard just assigned the significance, or one could say evaluation or what to think of meter reads. (snip)
    No need for the meter. Take an objective process, like "look at that wall" - L Ron Hubbard just assigned the significance, or one could say evaluation, there is a wall.
    "Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die"
    Mel Brooks
    "Life is a tragedy when seen in close-up, but a comedy in long-shot."
    Charlie Chaplin
    "The computer can't tell you the emotional story. It can give you the exact mathematical design, but what's missing is the eyebrows."
    Frank Zappa

Quote Originally Posted by Pierrot View Post
    No need for the meter. Take an objective process, like "look at that wall" - L Ron Hubbard just assigned the significance, or one could say evaluation, there is a wall.
    Someone said there was an evaluation.

That's an evaluation.

That's an evaluation.

That's an evaluation.

That's an evaluation.

That's an evaluation.

That's an evaluation.

That's an evaluation.

That's an evaluation.

That's an evaluation.

That's an evaluation.

That's an evaluation.

That's an evaluation.

And etc.... ad nauseum.

"Go to heaven for the climate and hell for the company." –Mark Twain

"Religion and theology must not be confounded. Religion is not doctrine, but a new birth." - R. Falckenberg History of Modern Philosophy (on German mysticism).

Quote Originally Posted by programmer_guy View Post

So, you are still going with Hubbard's Dianetics stuff? Or have you changed your thoughts/opinions about it?

? I thought I was responding to what was asked, if it was the cortex or the cortex responding to thought. Hence my response. While there is a reactive element to thought (try not thinking of an elephant), and things like compulsive behavior, I doubt the existence of Hubbard's reactive mind as he describes it. Perhaps there is a subconsious mind, but I haven't studied it enough to respond accuratly.
    Mimsey

7. Thanks programmer_guy says "thank you" for this post

Quote Originally Posted by Mimsey Borogrove View Post
    Oh, hell. Are you talking meter reads or F/Ns? The meter can be easily made to F/N by thinking "happy thoughts" or wins etc. Do you agree? Yes or no?

Hubbard says the meter reads below the person's level of awareness, yes or no?

<snip>

Mimsey
    Mimsey, try this : If the person is thinking happy thoughts to make an FN then how is it the meter reads below the person's level of awareness when the person is consciously thinking a thought to get it reading on the precious meter ?

Do you see Hubbard's bullshit, yes or no ?
    Last edited by Gizmo; 26th July 2017 at 06:19 PM.
    Ain't life grand !

Over the years, I've come to really believe there is here & now . . . . . . . only.

9. Likes JustSheila, tesseract liked this post

Default Re: A laughable test of whole track recall is a scn auditing session !

Ah, "whole" track !

Do each of us really rotely roll directly from human life form to human life form - as Hubbard sez ?

Do each of us as an immortal non physical form return to universal consciousness until we desire to return to life ( at some time ) & do this not with exact memories - or influences by - of any previous life ( or life form )?

Or, as Child of God ( & therefore being part of God ) return to God to be dispatched again ?

Perhaps there is no non physical aspect to us ( I don't believe that ) & when the body croaks, that's it - game over ?

Maybe none of the above is completely true ? But, is it completely false ?

I do believe that Hubbard managed to view some aspect of life, but, he didn't get what he was looking at, couldn't duplicate it, or was just lost - the view he ended up with didn't work for him- or anybody else.

There is truth about life & Hubbard missed it.

The search is still on !
    Ain't life grand !

Over the years, I've come to really believe there is here & now . . . . . . . only.

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    Mimsey, try this : If the person is thinking happy thoughts to make an FN then how is it the meter reads below the person's level of awareness when the person is consciously thinking a thought to get it reading on the precious meter ?

Do you see Hubbard's bullshit, yes or no ?
    I don't think Hubbard's statements on how a meter works are correct. I think he knew exactly how it works, but skewed what he said about meter behavior to make people believe it was infallible. It was part of the scam, but in his later years, he had somehow convinced himself it was the real deal.

Yes, some things such as a theta bop occur per em 16.

Mimsey
    Last edited by Mimsey Borogrove; 27th July 2017 at 01:39 AM.

Page 82 of 82 FirstFirst ... 7273747576777879808182