Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The brown envelope they all waited for!

Default The brown envelope they all waited for!

Hello, pretty new here.

I was just wondering what people's reactions were when they started ot3 and read the material in that brown paper envelope for the first time?

Did you then come out of scientology as you couldn't fathom what you had read or did you remain dedicated? Did you look into any of the facts stated in these materials?

2. Thanks Out/Int, WildKat says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Out/Int liked this post

Default Re: The brown envelope they all waited for!

Quote Originally Posted by Whattodo View Post
    Hello, pretty new here.

I was just wondering what people's reactions were when they started ot3 and read the material in that brown paper envelope for the first time?

Did you then come out of scientology as you couldn't fathom what you had read or did you remain dedicated? Did you look into any of the facts stated in these materials?

This is Ron's Journal '67, released publicly around the same time that OT 3 was released as a confidential OT course. Some people quietly left, but most stayed. It was taken very seriously.

If Hubbard sounds strangely serene, it may be because this was recorded early in the morning after Hubbard - who was a night owl - had been "rising above the bank," for several hours, with the assistance of his favorite drunk, Rum and Coca-Cola.

Everyone who did OT 3 had first done OT 2. Have you seen OT 2?
    Visit the Ex Scientologist Message Board web site for selected content from ESMB and more: http://exscn.net/

Hello, pretty new here.

From what I've read...
    The people who did OTIII had already "recalled" countless past live space opera stories in auditing.
    Consequently for many this was just one more (true) "space opera" story.
    EVIL GETS THINGS DONE

No I haven't read too much about level 2 but I'll take a closer look.

Quote Originally Posted by tesseract View Post
    From what I've read...
    The people who did OTIII had already "recalled" countless past live space opera stories in auditing.
    Consequently for many this was just one more (true) "space opera" story.
    That in itself is open to debate, do you think you've had past lives?

Gold Meritorious Sponsor HelluvaHoax!'s Avatar

I am quite surprised that anyone here is still doubting or debating this subject.

It's beyond speculation and argument, because Dr. Hubbard scientifically and conclusively proved the observable/quantifiable results of past lives therapy!

(financial results, for himself)

Scientology literally saved my life! Without Ron's books I would have frozen to death!!! (see avatar)

Scientology in one word? HelluvaHoax!

I never felt as free as when I freed myself from "Total Freedom".

For offended Scientologists reading this blasphemy about L. Ron Hubbard---my apologies for talking about real life without lying to you, like Scientology, with goo-goo theta-talk. I know you don't have a floating needle right now. You're not supposed to.

8. Thanks AngeloV, Out/Int says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Jump, Churchill, dchoiceisalwaysrs liked this post
    LOL! I told you I was trouble, Lurker5, Out/Int laughed at this post

Hello, pretty new here.

People had really different reactions!

Many were horrified, others thought it was a joke.

Here are some great earlier ESMB threads addressing this question:

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthrea...Ready-Hurt-You

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthrea...3-s-about-Xenu

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthrea...d-2-discussion
    "Looking back on it I think I got these gains only because the processing made me self reflect and try to repair the damage done by it. So I made gains in spite of Scientology not because of it. It's better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you are not."

- Cleared Cannibal

10. Thanks Lurker5 says "thank you" for this post
    Gold Meritorious Sponsor HelluvaHoax!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JustSheila View Post
    People had really different reactions!

Many were horrified, others thought it was a joke.

HELPFUL TECH TIP: I suggest that the COS should make sure that anyone about to read the OT III PACK is fully set up and "sessionable" by asking OT III students the following, just before handing them their Wall of Fire materials:

Have you had enough to eat?

Have you slept enough?

Have you had any drugs in the past week?

Have you had any alcohol or aspirin in the past 24 hours?

Have you had any milk today?*

Scientology literally saved my life! Without Ron's books I would have frozen to death!!! (see avatar)

Scientology in one word? HelluvaHoax!

I never felt as free as when I freed myself from "Total Freedom".

For offended Scientologists reading this blasphemy about L. Ron Hubbard---my apologies for talking about real life without lying to you, like Scientology, with goo-goo theta-talk. I know you don't have a floating needle right now. You're not supposed to.

12. Likes Whattodo liked this post
    LOL! Jump, AngeloV, Churchill, JustSheila, Operating DB and 4 others laughed at this post
    Gold Meritorious Patron WildKat's Avatar

I'm sure my first reaction was shock, but I played along and got through it. It was not much later I made the decision "not ever going back".

OTIII is so over-hyped and promoted, along with the hush-hush, don't-talk-about, BIG secret mystery that every Scientologist is told they MUST do ASAP, blah blah blah.

Everyone who HASN'T done it is very sure it's just what they need, where all will be revealed.

Everyone who's DONE it and woken up from the nightmare, will tell you it's a pile of BS.

And those who've done it and haven't woken up, are VERY SURE they just need Solo NOTS, where all will be revealed! Or OTVIII, where all will be revealed! Or OT IX and X.... (which don't even exist)

And so it goes.
    Dismayed and confused by terrorist attacks? Educate yourself and take action. https://www.theobjectivestandard.com...inst-the-west/

14. Thanks I told you I was trouble says "thank you" for this post

Decidedly not. Which is why I put "recalled" in quotes. I'm just a cult watcher btw. and was merely summarizing what many exes have told.
    EVIL GETS THINGS DONE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast