Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The brown envelope they all waited for!

Gold Meritorious Patron AngeloV's Avatar

Default Re: The brown envelope they all waited for!

Quote Originally Posted by Whattodo View Post
    Hello, pretty new here.

I was just wondering what people's reactions were when they started ot3 and read the material in that brown paper envelope for the first time?

Did you then come out of scientology as you couldn't fathom what you had read or did you remain dedicated? Did you look into any of the facts stated in these materials?
    I didn't audit OT III but first read it in the book Madman or Messiah. My first reaction was "Shit, he created a space opera story out of thin air and made it the 'Wall of Fire' OT level. What a conman." The second thought was "I'm so glad I blew the Sea Org 10 years ago and got out of the cult."
    A.V.
    Ex-Sea Org
    "That's what it's all about...credit cards to total freedom!" -- Sparrow
    Scientology is a vacation from reality gone terribly wrong.
    Before you speak - listen
    Before you spend - earn
    Before you write - think
    Before you die - live

Gold Meritorious Patron TheOriginalBigBlue's Avatar

Scientologists are deeply inculcated to not evaluate or invalidate other people's cases. A lot of these processes were developed by LRH auditing himself back millions and trillions of years so if you reject the recall narrative behind the rational for a process you are essentially invalidating LRH's case.

Awkward.

3. Likes HelluvaHoax! liked this post
    Gold Meritorious Sponsor HelluvaHoax!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dulloldfart View Post
    Right. Because anything I spit out traces a (rough) sine curve too. Ahem.

How does that happen, anyone? Is it shooped or what? I understand the usual trajectory but what about the curve at the beginning? Did he move his head down fast?

I believe the scientific explanation for the milk's seemingly anomalous trajectory is rather easily explained.

Medtech researchers from a consortium including Harvard, Princeton and John Hopkins universities collaborated on a 10-year study of how the human mind and body processes patently absurd information, if it was delivered to them by ostensible authorities within a credible venue of customary academic trappings and gravitas.

Various age groups were instructed in different environments with the identical risible narrative tale in order to accurately determine the thresholds of human credulity and gullibility. Quite surprisingly, young children, far and away, scored the highest of any group tested in terms of (whether intentionally or involuntarily) reacting to comically illogical "data".

More specifically about that photo capture, those subject were part of a highest scoring participants (children between 4-7 years old) who 98.49% of the time viscerally rejected "tall tales" by outbursts of laughter and RNME phenomena (Reflexive Nasal-Milk Eruptions).

It was discovered that a multiplicity of control-group environs had no effect on the frequency of the children involuntarily laughing hysterically with milk shooting out of their noses when told "The Xenu Story". In that particular photo, the subjects were being tested within a gravity-free environment while aboard an orbiting space shuttle, which accounts for the odd wave pattern of milk.

It's quite interesting (albeit perhaps only of anecdotal value) to note that immediately upon hearing the Xenu story (and just prior to high-frequency laughter/milk outbursts) 99.12% of the children would loudly squeal "THAT'S STUPID!"

Before anyone starts flame wars and ad-hom attacks against me or this prestigious scientific study, please know that its methodology and findings were peer-reviewed by an entire panel of medical scholars, clinical researchers, doctors and nuclear physicists from Sequoia University.
    Last edited by HelluvaHoax!; 2nd April 2017 at 07:11 PM.

Scientology literally saved my life! Without Ron's books I would have frozen to death!!! (see avatar)

Scientology in one word? HelluvaHoax!

I never felt as free as when I freed myself from "Total Freedom".

For offended Scientologists reading this blasphemy about L. Ron Hubbard---my apologies for talking about real life without lying to you, like Scientology, with goo-goo theta-talk. I know you don't have a floating needle right now. You're not supposed to.

5. LOL! Operating DB, AngeloV, Type4_PTS, Jump laughed at this post

OT 3 was and is an enormous Evaluation by Hubbard.

The Clearing Course, OT 2, and OT 3 are about implants.

Video from the 1968 confidential 'Class 8' course.

There's a "explanation," by Hubbard, of the Clearing Course Implants, OT 2 Implants, and OT 3 implants on 5:10 to 6:10 of this video.

Hubbard told Scientologists the most important parts of the past, the super traumatic incidents that they needed to contact, and "process," in order to survive. Without him, they would have been doomed, so the idea goes.

Hubbard virtually owned Scientologists by giving them their future and scaring them. "Your next agonized endless trillions," etc.

From old timer John Sanborn, speaking of the 1950s:

"In a Phoenix Congress... he talked about spooky whole track stuff. He had a floodlight on the floor in front of this little platform shining up, because that makes you look ghouly. And his face looked really weird and outer space and really crazy... and he talked weird... I think he was trying to drive people a little bit wacko so they'd fall into his hand a little bit."

A combination of method and madness. That seems to be the recurring pattern. 1938: Hubbard wrote passionately about his "real goal" of attaining "immortality," not through spiritual means, but through becoming a legend by "smashing his name into history." Yet, he had just written a manuscript titled 'Excalibur', which presented a "philosophy" that extolled "Survival!" At the center of this impulse to "Survive!" would be Hubbard himself, his name, that he would smash into history. That sounds a lot like madness. Yet there was a method also.

Seventy years later, Scientology (and the "Church of Spiritual Technology") has, as its (not publicized) primary mission, the preservation of the name of L. Ron Hubbard. That's the "real goal," the goal behind the shroud of spirituality and humanitarianism. And that's madness, but with a method.

"Xenu" and "OT 3" are a similar combination of madness and method. Having traveled to Southern Africa with high hopes of becoming Mr. Big, Hubbard was unceremoniously booted out. Why? What could cause people to reject the majesty and power and charm of L. Ron Hubbard? What engram could cause such irrational behavior? What could explain why people were not recognizing L. Ron Hubbard as the Great Man of the Age? What could it be? It would have to be something tremendous. Something overwhelming of a galactic magnitude. More madness.

Yet also a method. Hubbard wrote of the importance of "using enemy tactics," and would even use those "enemy tactics" on his own loyal followers. He had written of psychiatrists in August 1963:

"Psychiatry is authoritarian and tells the person what's wrong with him, often introducing a new lie. Scientology finds out what's wrong with the person from the person."

Soon to follow, in 1965 and 1966, would be the secret and very serious and very dangerous yet vital to one's survival "Clearing Course" and then "OT 2," and in 1967 - after Rhodesia - "OT 3" (and Xenu), in which Hubbard would do what he said the psychiatrists did. That's madness, yet with a method, with a plan.

Hubbard was already feeling the sting of rejection and ridicule with the Saturday Evening Post article - "Have you been a Boo Hoo?" - when he came up with the Clearing Course.

"To hell with this. I'll become the Commodore of my own private navy and be waited on by 13 year old girls in tube tops and hot pants."

He possibly was motivated to release OT 2 as a level after observing the popularity of John McMaster, the "first real Clear." At first glance, OT 2 looks a lot like Clearing Course part 2. Suddenly McMaster was not so "Clear" after all.

After the further sting of Southern Africa, he invented Xenu, etc.

Scientologists, of course, agreed, with their e-meters confirming it for them, and it became "reality."

When Hubbard had his 2nd mental and emotional breakdown, after the 1977 FBI raids, he "bounced back" by regressing to the time before he knew Mary Sue (who was then on her way to federal prison), and, re-emphasized Dianetics, which, for the first time since May 1950, once again - presto! - "made Clears." He also returned to his primary activity, pre-Mary Sue, and started writing Science Fiction novels, even though he had emphasized, in the early 1970s, that he did not want to be identified as a Science Fiction writer and Scientology was to downplay that aspect of his past.

At the level of Dianetics, post 1978, the person is told he can "go Clear" on Dianetics, and - presto! again - Scientologists did, happily placing themselves in the mental box called "Clear." On Dianetics a person is expected to "go back track" into "past lives," and whatever the person comes up with is "run." Usually the person is delighted with having "run" a "past life," etc., and the auditor is impressed with the way in which the e-meter responded - pretty much as it should have - and everyone is satisfied. Unfortunately, the items run and "erased" in Dianetics usually return - or never actually go away - and the person finds himself addressing them again on such actions as NOTs.

From the lecture "Auditing Comm Cycles" 06 Aug 1963:

"Now, I'll give you an idea - an idea of this. For instance, I know where I was and who I was, and know with good certainty, who I was and where I was in the last eighty trillion years. See, I know that; that's not much of an argument with me. But the small details of that are liable to go fritter-fritter here and there. You know, what did I have for breakfast two trillion years ago? No. Nix, man. Nah. Did I even eat, you see? That sort of thing is getting pretty dim."

From the Clearing Course and also the OT 2 materials:

"Many persons experience unreality at the start of [whole track implant] GPM running; this leaves when you see the meter reads."

And it goes on.....
    Last edited by Veda; 2nd April 2017 at 07:30 PM. Reason: Photo added
    Visit the Ex Scientologist Message Board web site for selected content from ESMB and more: http://exscn.net/

7. Likes WildKat liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Veda View Post
    This is Ron's Journal '67, released publicly around the same time that OT 3 was released as a confidential OT course. Some people quietly left, but most stayed. It was taken very seriously.

If Hubbard sounds strangely serene, it may be because this was recorded early in the morning after Hubbard - who was a night owl - had been "rising above the bank," for several hours, with the assistance of his favorite drunk, Rum and Coca-Cola.

Everyone who did OT 3 had first done OT 2. Have you seen OT 2?
    Tried listening to that twice now and fell asleep both times, it's his voice he could make you go to sleep on Lsd! Or maybe I had a few too many misunderstandings! ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Whattodo View Post
    Tried listening to that twice now and fell asleep both times, it's his voice he could make you go to sleep on Lsd! Or maybe I had a few too many misunderstandings! ;)
    It could be that "your will to resist" is being so thoroughly overwhelmed by the power of Hubbard's "low and compelling voice" that you're falling asleep. Try again.

"... You are a master.
    You are as sensitive and sexy as Pan.
    Lord help women when you begin to fondle them.
    You are a master of their bodies,
    master of their souls
    as you may consciously wish.
    You have no karma to pay for these acts.
    You cannot now accumulate karma
    for you are a master adept.
    Your voice is low and compelling to them.
    Singing to them, for you sing like a master,
    destroys their will to resist...
    "

L. Ron Hubbard, from his secret 1946 Affirmations.

________

It seems that, even in his final years, Hubbard was still convinced that a demonstration of his "low and compelling voice" would "destroy the will to resist" of those who might oppose him.

Visit the Ex Scientologist Message Board web site for selected content from ESMB and more: http://exscn.net/

10. Thanks HelluvaHoax!, Little David says "thank you" for this post
    Likes HelluvaHoax!, Type4_PTS liked this post
    Gold Meritorious Patron TheOriginalBigBlue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Veda View Post
    It could be that "your will to resist" is being so thoroughly overwhelmed by the power of Hubbard's "low and compelling voice" that you're falling asleep. Try again.

"... You are a master.
    You are as sensitive and sexy as Pan.
    Lord help women when you begin to fondle them.
    You are a master of their bodies,
    master of their souls
    as you may consciously wish.
    You have no karma to pay for these acts.
    You cannot now accumulate karma
    for you are a master adept.
    Your voice is low and compelling to them.
    Singing to them, for you sing like a master,
    destroys their will to resist...
    "

L. Ron Hubbard, from his secret 1946 Affirmations.

________

It seems that, even in his final years, Hubbard was still convinced that a demonstration of his "low and compelling voice" would "destroy the will to resist" of those who might oppose him.

http://www.metrolyrics.com/billy-the...ank-zappa.html

///
    Then he took those wings and wedged one under each of his powerful arms and sneaked into a telephone booth ..yes,yes!! and then he shut the fucking door! ... and he pulled down his blue denim po
    An-type trouser pants, and he spread even amounts of aunt jemima maple syrup all over the inside of his legs! ... soon the booth was filling with flies ( help me! help me! help me! ) ... he held
    The legs of his boxer shorts so they could all get in, and when each and every one of those little cocksucking flies had gone into his pants and they were lapping up all that maple syrup, he be
    Er and he put his head between his legs and he said in a very clear, impressive, ron-hubbard-type voice: "new york"... and the booth and everything lifted up, out of parking lot, and i
    He sky.
    ///

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123