Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Each Scientologist to his/her own personal bubble?

Patron with Honors

Default Re: Each Scientologist to his/her own personal bubble?

Quote Originally Posted by guRl View Post
    Thanks for your input JustSheila!
    Yap, I guess I should have been clearer in my initial post, as I was referring only to CoS Scientologists (because these are the people I have had experiences with). It's great to hear that FZer's are generally more open, living and content (:
    I of course try my best not to generalize this way or another anyway- rather, I'm trying to process the experiences I sometimes have with the CoS Scientologists (and Ex-Scientologists as well, excluding FZ or Indies) I know.

Definitely! There seems to be something that is becoming a bit unnatural or just a bit distorted or awkward in the way Scios communicate and perceive their surroundings and people. Again, to a diversity of degrees.

Oh yes, whenever I'm around Scientologists, they seem to be a living walking paradox. Everything that you've described here from yourself and the people you knew, certainly rings familiar with me. Yes, I have some friends from the Church, but they are so different than my other friends. For starters, they have a hard time BEING friends, and it seems like they struggle, and they try, and they have huge hearts, but at the same time they're constantly going against themselves in some way. It's like having a few people in one person..
    I can't even imagine how difficult the deprogramming process must be- good for you!!
    Good points here. Yes - the Scientologist, living a double life, creates or mocks up a - "split personality." They live double lives. Those that don't have "family" in - like parents, aunts, uncles, cousins...etc...will always always always - present the Co$ on social media like a "normal church" doing "normal things"...

Goes like this:

$cientology $taff Member to Wog Mom - "Heh Mom (sends photos to Mom of 4 year old dressed up like Harry Potter) - here is little Johnny at our Church....we had a "Harry Potter" party at the "church".... It was really fun and Johnny had a blast". Johnny sat in a closet with a 3 year old screaming out his lungs with poopy diapers cuz Staff Member parents have no money for diapers and he is a thetan - he should change his own diapers.

Now - Here is the same $cientology $taff Member - Rhonda - (who grossed $1,453 last year total income from working 80 hours a week....52 weeks ) relaying THAT ^ information to another fellow $cientologist Public - Chrissy .. a "low toner" who lives at home with her parents after having an affair with the ED whilst she was on staff for a while...can't work cuz she got sent to the Psych Ward twice after auditing and $ex Checking...and is too fucked up now to hold down a job. .... she is 34 years old.

"Heh Chrissy - here is Johnny at our Fundraising Event. We decided to really get on board and BE Scientologist's and help humanity. We were so fortunate to have the opportunity to save the planet from disaster and make planetary clearing a reality...so We "pledged "$90,000 for our new Civilization - the Ideal Org...." 'Isn't that THETA?"

"Why don't you move up in status Chrissy...? After we pledged that $90,000 - hubby found $20 on the floor in the grocery store"...see - "Inflow = Outflow".....

Living like this for too long creates a split personality and it is a mother to get out of. I have seen many who never really recover from it. So sad :(
    Last edited by Out/Int; 4th April 2017 at 10:04 PM.

2. Likes Glenda, Enthetan, Hypatia liked this post
    Gold Meritorious Patron phenomanon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Enthetan View Post
    Yes, the case of "Too busy caring about the world, to have time to give a damn about any particular person"

That was great. Thank you.
    phenomanon

4. Thanks Enthetan says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Glenda liked this post
    Gold Meritorious Patron

Quote Originally Posted by Out/Int View Post
    Good points here. Yes - the Scientologist, living a double life, creates or mocks up a - "split personality." They live double lives. Those that don't have "family" in - like parents, aunts, uncles, cousins...etc...will always always always - present the Co$ on social media like a "normal church" doing "normal things"...

Goes like this:

$cientology $taff Member to Wog Mom - "Heh Mom (sends photos to Mom of 4 year old dressed up like Harry Potter) - here is little Johnny at our Church....we had a "Harry Potter" party at the "church".... It was really fun and Johnny had a blast". Johnny sat in a closet with a 3 year old screaming out his lungs with poopy diapers cuz Staff Member parents have no money for diapers and he is a thetan - he should change his own diapers.

Now - Here is the same $cientology $taff Member - Rhonda - (who grossed $1,453 last year total income from working 80 hours a week....52 weeks ) relaying THAT ^ information to another fellow $cientologist Public - Chrissy .. a "low toner" who lives at home with her parents after having an affair with the ED whilst she was on staff for a while...can't work cuz she got sent to the Psych Ward twice after auditing and $ex Checking...and is too fucked up now to hold down a job. .... she is 34 years old.

"Heh Chrissy - here is Johnny at our Fundraising Event. We decided to really get on board and BE Scientologist's and help humanity. We were so fortunate to have the opportunity to save the planet from disaster and make planetary clearing a reality...so We "pledged "$90,000 for our new Civilization - the Ideal Org...." 'Isn't that THETA?"

"Why don't you move up in status Chrissy...? After we pledged that $90,000 - hubby found $20 on the floor in the grocery store"...see - "Inflow = Outflow".....

Living like this for too long creates a split personality and it is a mother to get out of. I have seen many who never really recover from it. So sad :(

great couple of posts....and don't be all sad....you are out. and getting further out.. and maybe the stats are down...at ESMB because....so many members are out and out..meaning.....they said 'f*)Y^ k it with the ESMB stats....I am done done done....and thus they go off fully free of the garbage ( not saying ESMB is garbage, no it definitely has its vaue) and are really recovering.

6. Thanks Glenda, Out/Int says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Out/Int liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by guRl View Post
    Hi everybody! It's been a while since I've asked the board one of my GuRly-inquisitive-minds-want-to-know questions about the culture of Scientology,
    so here I am now with a new such question!

Since having a couple of Scientologist friends, and after reading and listening to so many stories by Ex-Scientologists, I came to realize something.
    It seems that not only do Scientologists generally live in the Church-bubble as a community- they also have individual bubbles for each of them, isolating them from one another, and not just from the "Wog World".

Snipped

TL;DR - It seems to me that each Scientologist is living a conflict of deeply caring for the planet and his "3rd and 4th dynamic" on one hand, and of being very self-centered and detached from other people - including fellow Scientologists - and not being able to fully experience relationships and different personalities and interests of other people - including fellow Scientologists - on the other hand, because of the way the Church shapes his/her life and way of thinking and feeling.

I would love to hear any opinions on the matter (:
    Your observations and conclusions are very accurate. You prodive a thorough summary of the $cientologist bubbles and how it works

Actually those bubbles you describes are something that is experienced as ''suffocating'' within the cult. This bubble is growing slowly, insidiously and becomes very heavy... and happend a time we are so deeply wrapped in the bubble (ethics, threats, fear, bridge to freedom)... that we loose any exterior viewpoint to see the bubble walls. The lack of freedom is so intense that this apparent degraded fearfull world becomes solid..like a truth...and we become obsessed by the bridge to total freedom. The universe of a $cientologist is very small..it's the universe LRH ruled for them..a paranoid distorsed universe and others $cientologist veil that one doesn't pup the bubble. A $cientology universe hold onto beliefs it does exist and is real....so it nedds other to believe in it too.

They can't feel safe withouth putting them in a bubble to be protected from a pseudo dangerous exterior world and pseudo degraded wogs

Great post of you!
    Thanks

8. Thanks Glenda, guRl says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Glenda, guRl, dchoiceisalwaysrs liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Terril park View Post
    Your post here is full of generalisations that have some
    truth but also much untruth.

As a scientologist I have commented on my case here.

I detailed how I didn't doubt myself but the qual division
    and persuaded them that they were incorrect.

OK I'm not a common or garden scientologist.

I'm independent ... and free.
    As I've commented before, " independent " & " scientology " together strike me as an oxymoron of the largest variety of all.

And, how anyone can feel they have any association at all with scientology and say they are "free" ? That surely expresses what is way beyond belief.

How many scientologists are free ? None.
    Ain't life grand !

Over the years, I've come to really believe there is here & now . . . . . . . only.

10. Likes Glenda, Enthetan, guRl, lotus liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    As I've commented before, " independent " & " scientology " together strike me as an oxymoron of the largest variety of all.

And, how anyone can feel they have any association at all with scientology and say they are "free" ? That surely expresses what is way beyond belief.

How many scientologists are free ? None.
    They actually might be free of:

- Being rpfed
    - having 3 regges knocking at the door at night
    - IAS donations

(for how long time though..in the eventuality it grows as an organization ???)
    Does it sums it up???

12. Thanks Glenda, guRl says "thank you" for this post
    Likes TheOriginalBigBlue liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by lotus View Post
    They actually might be free of:

- Being rpfed
    - having 3 regges knocking at the door at night
    - IAS donations

(for how long time though..in the eventuality it grows as an organization ???)
    Does it sums it up???
    I'm free of being RPFeed

No reges knock on my door ever

I've never donated to IAS.

This will get you to most of an article I wrote
    published By the UK Charity "Inform" housed in
    the London School of Economics who collect info
    about cults and religions that the public can access.
    They have been traditionally very easy on Scn. I
    concluded that COS is in severe decline and detailed
    Debbie Cooks experiences in the "Hole" among
    other matters.

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=...tology&f=false

Quote Originally Posted by Terril park View Post
    Your post here is full of generalisations that have some
    truth but also much untruth.

As a scientologist I have commented on my case here.

I detailed how I didn't doubt myself but the qual division
    and persuaded them that they were incorrect.

OK I'm not a common or garden scientologist.

I'm independent ... and free.
    Terril, I have no choice to but to leave it at you & I have a vastly different concept of free.

Free Love seemed very free - well, at least until AIDS killed off that concept.

Ain't life grand !

Over the years, I've come to really believe there is here & now . . . . . . . only.

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    Terril, I have no choice to but to leave it at you & I have a vastly different concept of free.

Free Love seemed very free - well, at least until AIDS killed off that concept.

I havn't stated what concept I have of free. So
    how do you know ours are different?

Hm to OP/title question. I do not think it can be so easily explained, the bubble thingy-thing. I suspect this is an easier view to hold but more to the point it does, in a weird way, indicate how people can become divided from each other.
    In CoS a good part of the 'tech' was/is dividing people from each other, at least this is how I understand it, become a more defined 'us&them'. Mostly, I believe, there is a type of two-pronged approach, separate each person from the world and instill some level of belief into the 'seperatee' conducive to the multi-leveled plot of Hubbard. Create a space inside the person to be open to suggestion.
    Next, inject that person (once their credit is established) with a (limited) sense of empowerment over their own destinies.
    Repeat ad-nausae til there are results.
    Now, from my vision, there are several things going on initially, starting with the dis-association from the 'regular/wog' world. Then, based on a person's assets and the ease to pry them from it, an individual plan is created for each person in order to gain control of them. This means isolating folks into a place that may seem like its all part of the over-all Hubbard vision, but in fact is tailor made to each.
    Gah, sorry about the waffles, but to get down to it, the second stage, once a person is isolated from the world and any woggy influences, is to pump the living shit outta them, bleed them dry, and at the same time make them think they are gaining anything of value. ~Sell, sell, sell-suck, suck,suck, 'Your eternity depends on it!'
    oi.
    Once Hubbard has you in his little world of bubbles you become not much better than a milk-cow in a pen. Cow really knows nothing, "Oh mooo! Food" etc.etc., 'Take my milk and 'Feed me Semore!'' So much happier cows when they get scratches behind the ears and kudos.
    I guess what I am trying to say, is that the 'bubble' is exactly what any good/efficient cult/group of cons, is seeking to accomplish, the prying away from not only your money, but your sanity too, 'they' need your undivided attention in order to better milk ya.

Okay, okay, rank-mini-rant ends, guess its time for a taco

I hope this makes some sense to ya'll, I don't always make sense but this is something I have given a tonne of thought to, just doesn't always come out the same, ergo quite a bit of drift.

PS~ Nice ta see ya back around Gurl!

'Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. I am not afraid.'
    Marcus Aurelius

THE BIG LIST of EX'S who have Spoken Out fx'd

17. Thanks Glenda says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Glenda liked this post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast