Thread: Dianetics "stainless steel edition"

Wink Dianetics "stainless steel edition"

Came across this on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Scientology-...EAAOSw2xRYR73g

Since that will eventually be closed, pics archived here: http://imgur.com/a/LG1YX

This amazes me. I understand CSI has archived all of Hubbard's writings on titanium plates, etc. at their New Mexico base.

And I can understand someone buying/being pressured to buy a fancy gilded edition of Church texts (if not multiple copies).

But owning your own "stainless steel" edition of Dianetics...wow. I guess if the nuclear war comes, at least you'll still have your own private (albeit highly irradiated) copy to read in the rubble?

Do you think these were really limited to 25...

Anyone have more info on this? First time I've run across it. Was this a promo phase the Church went through? I never saw ads for these...

2. LOL! lotus, Operating DB laughed at this post

Default Re: Dianetics "stainless steel edition"

Quote Originally Posted by survivalist View Post

Since that will eventually be closed, pics archived here: http://imgur.com/a/LG1YX

This amazes me. I understand CSI has archived all of Hubbard's writings on titanium plates, etc. at their New Mexico base.

And I can understand someone buying/being pressured to buy a fancy gilded edition of Church texts (if not multiple copies).

But owning your own "stainless steel" edition of Dianetics...wow. I guess if the nuclear war comes, at least you'll still have your own private (albeit highly irradiated) copy to read in the rubble?

Anyone have more info on this? First time I've run across it. Was this a promo phase the Church went through? I never saw ads for these...
    Isn't this for the box only or have I misread something here?
    To err is human, to purr is feline - Alexander Pope

4. Thanks I told you I was trouble says "thank you" for this post
    Patron Meritorious

Why would anyone want it, anyway?

Doesn't it have all those pesky, criminal editor's evil deeds in them still?

Can you send it to Miscavige to have it updated?

Jack
    Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it.

"You remember only about the brass ring
    You forget all about the golden rule"
    -Bob Dylan Gonna Change My Way of Thinking

Every thing secret degenerates, even the administration of justice; nothing is safe that does not show how it can bear discussion and publicity.
    Lord Acton

6. Likes dchoiceisalwaysrs liked this post
    LOL! dchoiceisalwaysrs laughed at this post

In a "Mad Max" future, the metal will probably be appreciated...

"Go to heaven for the climate and hell for the company." –Mark Twain

"Religion and theology must not be confounded. Religion is not doctrine, but a new birth." - R. Falckenberg History of Modern Philosophy (on German mysticism).

8. LOL! Gib, lotus, Operating DB, dchoiceisalwaysrs, Enthetan laughed at this post

Quote Originally Posted by strativarius View Post
    Isn't this for the box only or have I misread something here?
    The auction is for the box - but the accompanying literature states that apparently you could buy a stainless steel edition of Dianetics.

Also, this is someone selling used on ebay...can you imagine what this cost original retail from CoS?

My first thought was $50K but it wouldn't surprise me if this sold for $100K or more.

Gold Meritorious Patron

Quote Originally Posted by survivalist View Post

when was it....anyhow...I got the reg tour through a display they had up I think it was in the Crystal Ballroom at Flag with some of that stuff. I know they were trying to reg $$$ out of me for the "preservation of the tech" at that time...
    But I didn't know that they actually sold or even had any of that project for sale.
    Makes sense in a way cause of course DM had it all corrected after the project was well underway...at least that is how I understood it. So of course selling old transcriptionist altered tech would be about DM level of exchange.....fraud fraud fraud straight up and vertical..

11. LOL! phenomanon laughed at this post
    Truman Show Dropout Operating DB's Avatar

When will the steel edition of the whole contents of ESMB come out? I'll be first in line.

13. LOL! dchoiceisalwaysrs, F.Bullbait, Jump laughed at this post