Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Snooping esmb

Default Snooping esmb

Might be an daft question but if there are scientlogists snooping on here how do they not get their heads turned reading alot on the information and content in some of the threads on here!

Surely they must think there is a whole lot more of ex/independant scientlogists than they thought.

2. Thanks Lurker5, tesseract, Enthetan, TheOriginalBigBlue says "thank you" for this post
    Likes tesseract liked this post
    Gold Meritorious Patron TheOriginalBigBlue's Avatar

Default Re: Snooping esmb

Exiting Scientology tends to be a process (pun intended). It can take time. Seems to me though that the bulk of the exiting has already occurred. Anyone who has remained a devotee this long will be a resistant case (another pun intended).
    _____
    There are currently 288 users online. 23 members and 265 guests
    Most users ever online was 5,863, 25th January 2008 at 10:51 AM.

4. Thanks Lurker5 says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Knows liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by TheOriginalBigBlue View Post
    Exiting Scientology tends to be a process (pun intended). It can take time. Seems to me though that the bulk of the exiting has already occurred. Anyone who has remained a devotee this long will be a resistant case (another pun intended).
    _____
    There are currently 288 users online. 23 members and 265 guests
    Most users ever online was 5,863, 25th January 2008 at 10:51 AM.
    It wasn't any disaffection with scientology itself that caused me to leave (I mean I didn't open up the OT III pack and think "you've got to be kiddin' me, this is BS"), rather it was the abuse I suffered at the hands of my superiors. If I had been treated in a half decent manner I might well be there still.

Even after I left (blew) the SO I still believed in the tech and I 'knew' why two people were in dispute (third party) or why one person nattered about another (overts) etc. etc.

It took many years before I was detoxified enough to be able to see clearly that I had been hoodwinked.
    To err is human, to purr is feline - Alexander Pope

6. Thanks RandomCat, Lurker5, Bluebell, Lord Xenu, Enthetan and 2 others says "thank you" for this post
    Likes DonkeyOT, Leland, Jump, WildKat, Churchill and 2 others liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Whattodo View Post
    Might be an daft question but if there are scientlogists snooping on here how do they not get their heads turned reading alot on the information and content in some of the threads on here!

Surely they must think there is a whole lot more of ex/independant scientlogists than they thought.
    A cult member's gonna come here for either of two reasons. One would be sent here as an operative. In that case, I can't work up much sympathy for 'em.

The other possible reason is that they're seeing red flags, they're noticing hinky shit, and they want to know what's going on and what they're not being told. In that case, they've got a foot out the door anyway.
    I do not have a sig line.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypatia View Post
    A cult member's gonna come here for either of two reasons. One would be sent here as an operative. In that case, I can't work up much sympathy for 'em.

The other possible reason is that they're seeing red flags, they're noticing hinky shit, and they want to know what's going on and what they're not being told. In that case, they've got a foot out the door anyway.
    This must be emphasized. If a Scientologist stumbles onto ESMB and quickly gets out as soon as they realize it is entheta then they might be spared the consequences but the very moment they linger beyond that point they risk thousands of dollars in sec-checks, repairs, lower conditions assignments, loss of good status, etc. There is essentially no grey area.

The Church may think this is PR Area Control or putting in ethics but Scientologists are quite able to do the math and just contemplating the hassle resulting from a little lurking on ESMB can be enough to start them quietly pulling away.

9. Thanks Enthetan, Lurker5, tesseract, WildKat says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Enthetan, Bluebell, Hypatia liked this post

This must be emphasized. If a Scientologist stumbles onto ESMB and quickly gets out as soon as they realize it is entheta then they might be spared the consequences but the very moment they linger beyond that point they risk thousands of dollars in sec-checks, repairs, lower conditions assignments, loss of good status, etc. There is essentially no grey area.

The Church may think this is PR Area Control or putting in ethics but Scientologists are quite able to do the math and just contemplating the hassle resulting from a little lurking on ESMB can be enough to start them quietly pulling away.
    I can see why they stay away from anything Anti scientology when you look at it from that angle. They have everything covered don't they!

I am just cautious what I post on here

11. Thanks Lurker5 says "thank you" for this post
    Likes TheOriginalBigBlue liked this post
    Patron Meritorious

I used to Snoop

Problem is the indoctrination can get heavy and they're scared they'll catch pneumonia or get restimulated pts

Scientology uses the sales/hypnotism trick of getting a bunch of yes answers till it's automatic

"Read this until you find something you agree with... Then read it again and find something else you agree with... You're getting sleepy.... You have all the answers here... Don't think look... The tech always works... Thought stoppers... Thought stoppers..."

Also soon as any content starts matching the 12 characteristics of an sp they would start dismissing everything

Paraphrase anything and they think you alter everything or have misunderstood words

Same with anything "nattery" or "low toned"

Oh they used the word they it must be an SP!

Oh they said something bad about lrh must have overts

They get used to the bubble and getting high off constantly patting each other on the back at events, bragging and collecting certificates and the grand announcements at events and the illusion that they're actually doing something good and changing the world so anything real or critical analysis or realistic expectations become suppressive and they don't have time for it

If what you say doesn't raise their tone they don't want it they want to be irresponsible and they want the fantasy they want to think they're God and your a mortal animal

Blah blah blah

But yes they Snoop i bet more than we know and it's probably getting really really hard not to when things are in HBO and ABC and fox and best seller lists etc

13. Thanks Knows, Lurker5, tesseract says "thank you" for this post

Quote Originally Posted by arcxcauseblows View Post
    I used to Snoop

Problem is the indoctrination can get heavy and they're scared they'll catch pneumonia or get restimulated pts

Scientology uses the sales/hypnotism trick of getting a bunch of yes answers till it's automatic

"Read this until you find something you agree with... Then read it again and find something else you agree with... You're getting sleepy.... You have all the answers here... Don't think look... The tech always works... Thought stoppers... Thought stoppers..."

Also soon as any content starts matching the 12 characteristics of an sp they would start dismissing everything

Paraphrase anything and they think you alter everything or have misunderstood words

Same with anything "nattery" or "low toned"

Oh they used the word they it must be an SP!

Oh they said something bad about lrh must have overts

They get used to the bubble and getting high off constantly patting each other on the back at events, bragging and collecting certificates and the grand announcements at events and the illusion that they're actually doing something good and changing the world so anything real or critical analysis or realistic expectations become suppressive and they don't have time for it

If what you say doesn't raise their tone they don't want it they want to be irresponsible and they want the fantasy they want to think they're God and your a mortal animal

Blah blah blah

But yes they Snoop i bet more than we know and it's probably getting really really hard not to when things are in HBO and ABC and fox and best seller lists etc
    Some excellent points.

There are very real consequences to actively seeking out entheta and there are the ideological restraints.

But the big difference now is that the general public are becoming so well informed about the true nature of Scientology that they can know more about what's really going on than Scientologists themselves so to come out as a Scientologist must be having some very awkward backlashes and stink eye. This must be causing Scientologists to get curious about what other people are seeing.

15. Likes tesseract liked this post
    LOL! Enthetan, Lurker5, WildKat laughed at this post

Chris Shelton mentioned that he was initially outed as a defector by OSA after posting on ESMB. He was anonymous but included just enough personal info for them to identify him.

Which made me wonder...does OSA have people who read ESMB, or is the "outsourced" to private investigators? I'm assuming OSA people are pretty hardcore, but nonetheless, there's a daily stream here of things that could eat away at someone's faith.

17. Thanks Enthetan, Lurker5, tesseract says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Knows, DonkeyOT, Ogsonofgroo liked this post
    Gold Meritorious Sponsor HelluvaHoax!'s Avatar

Good post!

In the grand tradition of Hubbard monetizing EVERYTHING POSSIBLE for personal gain, Scientology found that it was quite helpless--pathetic actually--when it came to the internet.

How sad it must have been for OTs and elite SO Execs to stand off on the sidelines, watching startup companies reap HUNDREDS OF BILLIONS OF DOLLARS in wealth by leveraging the power of the internet. But, Scientology, if nothing else, is diabolically clever and figured out an "angle" of how to make BIG PROFITS from an internet which was overflowing with SPs who helped make Scientology into the most reviled & ridiculed religion in the world! That brings us to the book's next chapter. . .

REVENGE OF THE OT NERDS!

Conceding that they were simply clueless and "total effect" about how to "make the internet make money", Scientologists did a clay demo and cognited that they CAN'T make money from a venue which exposes their cruel hoax. Therefore, Scientology resolved a new scam--one that PENALIZED & TAXED anyone that looked at the internet.

Parishioners living under the COS's Orwellian slave-control system quickly learn that it costs TENS OF THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS of case handling (e.g. Sec Checks, Repairs, Re-Trains, Re-Treads, Grade Chart Level Repeats, et al) to simply look at the internet. That's a new and wonderful CASH FLOW ENGINE for the disappearing cult.

If I hadn't destroyed all my e-meters a long time ago, I would pick up the cans and see a "floating needle" that accompanied my major "cognition" that when Scientology tech utterly fails to work, Scientology's solution is to PUNITIVELY & SAVAGELY TAX THEIR LOYAL CUSTOMERS. But, I wouldn't "indicate" the F/N to myself, because my cognition is entheta, right? LOL. Ergo, it must be an "arc break F/N", right? Except that I am laughing, which is kind of like "VGI's", right?

But those "VGI's" must not really be real "VGI's" because it's an arc break. Right?

So it must be 1.1 laughter instead of real laughter. My God, that Hubbard is so OT he thinks of EVERYTHING! LOL
    Last edited by HelluvaHoax!; 13th April 2017 at 08:29 AM.

Scientology literally saved my life! Without Ron's books I would have frozen to death!!! (see avatar)

Scientology in one word? HelluvaHoax!

I never felt as free as when I freed myself from "Total Freedom".

For offended Scientologists reading this blasphemy about L. Ron Hubbard---my apologies for talking about real life without lying to you, like Scientology, with goo-goo theta-talk. I know you don't have a floating needle right now. You're not supposed to.

19. Thanks tesseract says "thank you" for this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast