Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: The end of scientology!

Default The end of scientology!

So how and when do people forsee the end of the scientology organisation?

2. Thanks Glenda says "thank you" for this post

Default Re: The end of scientology!

Quote Originally Posted by Whattodo View Post
    It will go the way of the religions of yesteryear. How many people still follow the ancient gods of Egypt, Greece, the Norsemen, the Druids, the Inca, the Aztecs on and on?

I think that Miscavage will die, go crazy, get jailed, leave the country in some manner or other, and some one else will take up the reigns. The place may be raped by law suits, the iRS or it may be intact. It will be taken over by existing SO members who will inherit a mess, or a savvy marketer will take it over, disavow Miscavage et. al. and reverse it's current down trend and make a boat load of money. Eventually it will no longer be in vogue. I may not live to see that day, or I might. It all depends on you, Whattodo, to go out there and help Leah champion her cause. (in case you don't know what to do...)

Mimsey

4. Thanks Glenda says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Enthetan, Ogsonofgroo, Whattodo liked this post

I think dm's demise, death what ever it might be that means he is no longer head of scientology will be pivotal a moment!

Now I am a bit green but don't they believe OT'S can cure themselves of serious illness? Not that I would wish that on anyone but if he did get poorly and unable to use his ability how might that be deemed?

Gold Meritorious Sponsor HelluvaHoax!'s Avatar

Scientology has already died. We are simply witnessing a grotesquely elaborate 3 billion dollar funeral.

Scientology literally saved my life! Without Ron's books I would have frozen to death!!! (see avatar)

Scientology in one word? HelluvaHoax!

I never felt as free as when I freed myself from "Total Freedom".

For offended Scientologists reading this blasphemy about L. Ron Hubbard---my apologies for talking about real life without lying to you, like Scientology, with goo-goo theta-talk. I know you don't have a floating needle right now. You're not supposed to.

7. Thanks Gizmo, dchoiceisalwaysrs says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Gizmo, Bluebell, apple, Jump, Snickers and 3 others liked this post
    Gold Meritorious Patron

There is possibly no way of knowing how this will all end. Having said that I think watching Village People videos may offer some inspiration as to:

a) what scientology looks like to 99%+ of the world.
    b) some catchy tunes to do the dishes to.
    c) costume ideas. Who honestly wants to keep dressing like everyone else!?!
    d) my total lack of focus on anything sensible.

I just love a fake navy.

Silver Meritorious Patron ILove2Lurk's Avatar

. . .
    No matter what outcome I'm personally expecting, I'm bracing myself for the long haul so I don't feel too disappointed if the "ending of this novel" fails to satisfy.

I think future Internet historians will mark Oct-Nov 2013 (Super Power / GAT II releases) as the major turning point and "beginning of the end" of the COS. However, I've studied history enough to realize that many movements and schools of thought have a long shelf lives and are unkillable. Some endure for hundreds of years, despite questionable or sketchy delivery on their ultimate promises.

Though Rosicrucianism has zero influence in the world, the main thing you can say about it is it's still around in some form or another after 400 years. Just tossing it up as one example for a look.

Here are some parallels (excerpts indented) from some articles I found.

Will Scientology follow a similar path to Rosicrucianism?

Extremely vague

What exactly are Rosicrucians? Their website is extremely vague, saying only that they aren't a religious organization.

Unkillable and kicking around for over 400 years

In 1614 a curious pamphlet entitled the Fama Fraternitatis was published in Cassel, Germany.

Mystical wisdom

The Fama tells the story of one Christian Rosencreutz who, as a young man, wandered through the Near East learning the mystical wisdom of the Arabs and Egyptians and finding much enlightenment there. Upon returning to Germany he attempted to share this knowledge but was laughed at and shunned. He and a few like-minded people formed a society called the Fraternity of the Rose Cross, building a temple called the Spiritus Sanctus.

Like minded membership only

It doesn't explicitly ask people to join, but says the group's members will be watching for those in tune with their thinking.

State of grace

This was followed in 1615 by another purported Rosicrucian publication, the Confessio Fraternitatis, in the same vein as the first but much more apocalyptic. It told not only of a society that had obtained the secrets of enlightenment, but of a forthcoming reformation of the age, returning it a state of grace.

Spiritual gold

A third document appeared in 1616 entitled The Chemical Wedding of Christian Rosencreutz. This is a highly symbolic treatise following Rosencreutz through a mystical "wedding" that is actually an alchemical allegory. Alchemy is presented not as the physical transformation of base metals into gold, but rather as a spiritual process in which the "base" person is enlightened, turning into spiritual "gold."

Current push

Probably the best known group is the Ancient Mystical Order Rosea Crucis, otherwise known as AMORC, which operates a mail-order mystical school out of San Jose, California. It was founded by H. Spencer Lewis, an acquaintance if not an actual associate of the English occultist Aleister Crowley (1875-1947) and an ex-member of his Ordo Templi Orientalis.

Source: www.straightdope.com/columns/read/2225/what-is-rosicrucianism-all-about

Join a group with a purpose

"To participate in a movement" is to understand truly the Rosicrucian tradition.

Pushing freedom

Who was responsible for the introduction of the scientific methods, freedom of thought, the elements of democracy, the advancement of peace and culture, and many more? The philosophers and mystics, many of whom worked within movements and many within the Order.

This short attempt to show the history and tradition of Rosicrucianism points out the significant role it played in the past, and the bright place the future holds for it. Traditionally and historically, the Rosicrucian movement has always fought for the establishment and perpetuation of freedom – the freedom of mind, spirit, and soul. This website is dedicated to that movement.

Source:
    http://www.crcsite.org/rosicrucianism.htm

Today's Saint Louis Org is very a Rosicrucian-esque, mausoleum-like building.

Last edited by ILove2Lurk; 14th April 2017 at 02:25 AM.

10. Thanks dchoiceisalwaysrs, Enthetan, WildKat, tesseract, Ogsonofgroo and 2 others says "thank you" for this post
    Gold Meritorious Sponsor HelluvaHoax!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ILove2Lurk View Post
    --snipped for brevity--

Though Rosicrucianism has zero influence in the world, the main thing you can say about it is it's still around in some form or another after 400 years. Just tossing it up as one example for a look.

Here are some parallels.......

Really outstanding post!

More parallels to Scientology. . .

TECHNICAL TRIANGLES!

"NOT A RELIGION" PAST LIVES!

MYSTERY SANDWICHES!

SECRET SUPERPOWERS REVEALED!

ALL THAT AND MORE!!!

IF YOU ORDER NOW,
    RECEIVE A FREE BONUS GIFT!!!

OBNOSIS TECH!

Scientology literally saved my life! Without Ron's books I would have frozen to death!!! (see avatar)

Scientology in one word? HelluvaHoax!

I never felt as free as when I freed myself from "Total Freedom".

For offended Scientologists reading this blasphemy about L. Ron Hubbard---my apologies for talking about real life without lying to you, like Scientology, with goo-goo theta-talk. I know you don't have a floating needle right now. You're not supposed to.

12. Thanks Gib, ILove2Lurk says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Gib, ILove2Lurk liked this post
    LOL! WildKat, AngeloV, ILove2Lurk laughed at this post
    Crusader

Quote Originally Posted by Mimsey Borogrove View Post
    It will go the way of the religions of yesteryear. How many people still follow the ancient gods of Egypt, Greece, the Norsemen, the Druids, the Inca, the Aztecs on and on?

I think that Miscavage will die, go crazy, get jailed, leave the country in some manner or other, and some one else will take up the reigns. The place may be raped by law suits, the iRS or it may be intact. It will be taken over by existing SO members who will inherit a mess, or a savvy marketer will take it over, disavow Miscavage et. al. and reverse it's current down trend and make a boat load of money. Eventually it will no longer be in vogue. I may not live to see that day, or I might. It all depends on you, Whattodo, to go out there and help Leah champion her cause. (in case you don't know what to do...)

Mimsey
    correction, change "go" to "is"

14. Likes Jump liked this post

Hm, noice loaded question.

There won't be an end per-se, its like, hmmm, unless everyone on the planet totally renounces Hubbard's barrage of bullshit,~ I do not see this happening anytime soon, however... Awareness has pretty much cut CoS' nuts, people fleeing in droves, and hardly any raw-meat flowing into the Orgs and missions. Due to all the info available a laughing-stock of a cult is open to view. It is dying, but it is a "death of a thousand cuts", and imho will take a lot more squirming and dancing about.
    Several years back a few of us Anon-types discussed this very topic, mostly because everyone was all like ' OMG OMG the cult is going down!', which of course wasn't accurate. The core of Ron's confabulation has the resources to continue to exist, even after battling the many, many folks they have fucked over. Land? Yup. Bank account? Oh hell yah. Stupid people who keep on keeping-on? Uh-huh.
    Too many tentacles and not enough folks cutting 'em off, cult will not go down without spawning new and wonderful offspring like some virulent virus that it resembles.

Strictly my own opinion. I go nao
    'Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. I am not afraid.'
    Marcus Aurelius

THE BIG LIST of EX'S who have Spoken Out fx'd

16. Likes tesseract liked this post

The Scientology organization is mainly what it was intended to be as far back as 1938: a monument to L. Ron Hubbard.

"Mental healing"/manipulation/blackmail collection, utilizing slaved labor, and aggressive fund raising and "regging" (hard sell) continue.

However, the primary activity is maintaining the monuments to Hubbard. Some of these are called "Orgs."

As for its longevity, foolishly keep calling it a "religion" and you'll help ensure it'll be around for a very long time.
    Visit the Ex Scientologist Message Board web site for selected content from ESMB and more: http://exscn.net/

18. Thanks Gizmo, Bluebell, Jump, Gib, HelluvaHoax! says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Bluebell, Ogsonofgroo, Gib liked this post
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast