Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The end of scientology!

Default Re: The end of scientology!

Quote Originally Posted by ILove2Lurk View Post
    . . .
    No matter what outcome I'm personally expecting, I'm bracing myself for the long haul so I don't feel too disappointed if the "ending of this novel" fails to satisfy.

I think future Internet historians will mark Oct-Nov 2013 (Super Power / GAT II releases) as the major turning point and "beginning of the end" of the COS. However, I've studied history enough to realize that many movements and schools of thought have a long shelf lives and are unkillable. Some endure for hundreds of years, despite questionable or sketchy delivery on their ultimate promises.

Though Rosicrucianism has zero influence in the world, the main thing you can say about it is it's still around in some form or another after 400 years. Just tossing it up as one example for a look.

Here are some parallels (excerpts indented) from some articles I found.

Will Scientology follow a similar path to Rosicrucianism?

Extremely vague

What exactly are Rosicrucians? Their website is extremely vague, saying only that they aren't a religious organization.

Unkillable and kicking around for over 400 years

In 1614 a curious pamphlet entitled the Fama Fraternitatis was published in Cassel, Germany.

Mystical wisdom

The Fama tells the story of one Christian Rosencreutz who, as a young man, wandered through the Near East learning the mystical wisdom of the Arabs and Egyptians and finding much enlightenment there. Upon returning to Germany he attempted to share this knowledge but was laughed at and shunned. He and a few like-minded people formed a society called the Fraternity of the Rose Cross, building a temple called the Spiritus Sanctus.

Like minded membership only

It doesn't explicitly ask people to join, but says the group's members will be watching for those in tune with their thinking.

State of grace

This was followed in 1615 by another purported Rosicrucian publication, the Confessio Fraternitatis, in the same vein as the first but much more apocalyptic. It told not only of a society that had obtained the secrets of enlightenment, but of a forthcoming reformation of the age, returning it a state of grace.

Spiritual gold

A third document appeared in 1616 entitled The Chemical Wedding of Christian Rosencreutz. This is a highly symbolic treatise following Rosencreutz through a mystical "wedding" that is actually an alchemical allegory. Alchemy is presented not as the physical transformation of base metals into gold, but rather as a spiritual process in which the "base" person is enlightened, turning into spiritual "gold."

Current push

Probably the best known group is the Ancient Mystical Order Rosea Crucis, otherwise known as AMORC, which operates a mail-order mystical school out of San Jose, California. It was founded by H. Spencer Lewis, an acquaintance if not an actual associate of the English occultist Aleister Crowley (1875-1947) and an ex-member of his Ordo Templi Orientalis.

Source: www.straightdope.com/columns/read/2225/what-is-rosicrucianism-all-about

Join a group with a purpose

"To participate in a movement" is to understand truly the Rosicrucian tradition.

Pushing freedom

Who was responsible for the introduction of the scientific methods, freedom of thought, the elements of democracy, the advancement of peace and culture, and many more? The philosophers and mystics, many of whom worked within movements and many within the Order.

This short attempt to show the history and tradition of Rosicrucianism points out the significant role it played in the past, and the bright place the future holds for it. Traditionally and historically, the Rosicrucian movement has always fought for the establishment and perpetuation of freedom – the freedom of mind, spirit, and soul. This website is dedicated to that movement.

Source:
    http://www.crcsite.org/rosicrucianism.htm

Today's Saint Louis Org is very a Rosicrucian-esque, mausoleum-like building.

Great post, but a couple of things.

As you mentioned, the Chemical Marriage is an allegory. C.R. is not a man, but Man.

I wouldn't say they have had zero influence on society. Ben Franklin was suppose to be associated. I've heard rumors of Abraham Lincoln's involvement. In modern times, David Bowie was associated with the Ordo Templi Orientis, the cult that Crowley founded. Led Zeppelin's lead guitarist Jimmy Page was very into this stuff, and their music has had a profound effect. Others could be named.

AMORC is probably the best known, but they are pretty watered down. Their curriculum is very stretched out, and rather elementary compared with some more advanced groups. Spencer Lewis was associated with, I think, the Alpha et Omega, which was an early American Golden Dawn group that imploded from internal strife, and splintered into several groups, AMORC being one of them.

The thing to keep in mind is that all of these groups are lower level steps to much more hidden and secretive groups that only approach potential initiates after they have proven themselves amenable to the system in several levels of preparatory groups. Members are completely unaware (usually) of this, and most will never find out.

Freemasonry is an early example of these preparatory and filtering groups, though most, if not all of its current membership are unaware of this function.
    Last edited by Rmack; 15th April 2017 at 03:30 AM. Reason: spelling

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all argument, and which cannot fail to keep man in everlasting ignorance. That principle is condemnation without investigation."
    Herbert Spencer

"In my Fathers house are many mansions"
    Jesus

"There's no place like home!"
    Dorothy

2. Thanks Bluebell, WildKat, tesseract says "thank you" for this post

BTW, did you guys notice the 'Golden Dawn' of tech before it became the 'Golden Age'? LOL! I'll bet somebodies' head rolled over that one when Miscaviage found out about this occult stuff.

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all argument, and which cannot fail to keep man in everlasting ignorance. That principle is condemnation without investigation."
    Herbert Spencer

Jesus

Dorothy

4. Likes Bluebell liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by NoName View Post
    I think that Miscavige being ousted by one means or other is key. In his prime, LRH, for all his flaws, did a great job identifying the strong points in people and putting them in positions to excel. In that regard he was about as impressive as Ronald Reagan. The only drawback was that it set up a very serious succession crisis.

Miscavige is a micro manager who empowers no one and actually punishes initiative and leadership with the hole. Or worse, in Shelley's case. There's no one in a position to assume leadership. No one. Unless you count Marty or Laurisse (joke).
    Good points.

The thing that both Laffy and Slappy have in common, is that neither one of them is preparing for themselves not being on the scene. When that happens, it will be like when Hubbard started goin' tits up. A shit storm of power mongering will occur.

Things are different now than when Hubbard kacked. We will probably hear about it sooner, and in more detail when Darth Midget finds out he bet the wrong horse.

Herbert Spencer

Jesus

Dorothy

6. Thanks Enthetan says "thank you" for this post

I think that Miscavige being ousted by one means or other is key. In his prime, LRH, for all his flaws, did a great job identifying the strong points in people and putting them in positions to excel. In that regard he was about as impressive as Ronald Reagan. The only drawback was that it set up a very serious succession crisis.

Miscavige is a micro manager who empowers no one and actually punishes initiative and leadership with the hole. Or worse, in Shelley's case. There's no one in a position to assume leadership. No one. Unless you count Marty or Laurisse (joke).
    LRH and DM have been milking scientology for all they can get thru marketing/PR/ Rhetoric/Lawyers.

Once DM dies, there will be no repeat of the LRH death event. There is nobody left that can continue and whatever little is left as Int Management, they are have no say and the remanding people will go WTF, who is this person if somebody arises from the ashes.

There are only a few people who can continue it thru PR/Marketing/Rhetoric, they are Tom Cruise, Bob Duggan. Both are old farts as is DM, it's just a matter of time.

8. Thanks Lurker5 says "thank you" for this post

Quote Originally Posted by Gib View Post
    LRH and DM have been milking scientology for all they can get thru marketing/PR/ Rhetoric/Lawyers.

Once DM dies, there will be no repeat of the LRH death event. There is nobody left that can continue and whatever little is left as Int Management, they are have no say and the remanding people will go WTF, who is this person if somebody arises from the ashes.

There are only a few people who can continue it thru PR/Marketing/Rhetoric, they are Tom Cruise, Bob Duggan. Both are old farts as is DM, it's just a matter of time.
    Then what do you think will happen to the money?

Herbert Spencer

Jesus

Dorothy

Quote Originally Posted by Rmack View Post
    I have no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Gib View Post
    I have no idea.
    It should be fun to watch, though.

Herbert Spencer

Jesus

Dorothy

12. Likes Gib, Lurker5 liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Rmack View Post
    That's the biggest unknown in all of this, particularly with all of those real estate holdings to boot.

If Slappy does the Bulgravian Boogie, he'd be stupid not to motgage the fuck out of them before he runs. Then it's a matter of time before they're seized.

If the cult continues as a zombie cult, then it will be a matter of time before the buildings become a blight and are condemned for being an eyesore.

Edit: who exactly is the signatory on the accounts? Depending on how well that's been micro managed, it could provide for some real lulz once Slappy's liver gives out.
    The main key to free a person from this cult is compassion. This is true of all cults, but it is especially true of Scientology, where, in the upper echelons, there isn't even any pretense of compassion. Showing compassion just might be the key to breaking through the person's cult identity and reaching the real person.

***Monica Pignotti - My Nine Lives in Scientology***
    http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Library/Shelf/pignotti/

14. Thanks Rmack says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Gib liked this post
    LOL! Lurker5 laughed at this post
    Gold Meritorious Patron Lurker5's Avatar

Cautious as one crossing thin ice . . .
    (LaoTze-TaoDeJing, Chapter 15. 2nd verse . . . )

For Ray - I have not forgotten you, my friend
    Or you Scott, this is for you too. I hope you are out.
    Kay is out . . .

16. Likes Jump liked this post
    LOL! Rmack laughed at this post

That's the biggest unknown in all of this, particularly with all of those real estate holdings to boot.

If Slappy does the Bulgravian Boogie, he'd be stupid not to motgage the fuck out of them before he runs. Then it's a matter of time before they're seized.

If the cult continues as a zombie cult, then it will be a matter of time before the buildings become a blight and are condemned for being an eyesore.

Edit: who exactly is the signatory on the accounts? Depending on how well that's been micro managed, it could provide for some real lulz once Slappy's liver gives out.
    And that is beginning to happen in regards the buildings. There are two I know of in the north of England which are falling into disrepair. However the scientologists in that area will tell you they are expecting a huge refurbishment soon and new launch!

18. Thanks tesseract, Lurker5 says "thank you" for this post
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast