Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Can you just stop?

Silver Meritorious Patron TheOriginalBigBlue's Avatar

Default Re: Can you just stop?

Quote Originally Posted by F.Bullbait View Post
    Curious, I never had heard that story. The wiki article on Tom Mix say he died in an auto accident. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Mix

Interesting about the Chaplin estate. RPF was on the top floor of Cedars when I was there.

Update. May be you were thinking of this rumor. http://hollywoodlandforever.blogspot...nd-thomas.html
    Seems someone has confused Mix with Ince. This may explain it:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ch%C3%...3%89lys%C3%A9e

The Château Élysée is a former hotel located at 5930 Franklin Ave. in the Franklin Village section of Los Angeles, California. It was originally built as a luxury long-term residential apartment house for movie stars by Elinor K. Ince, widow of Thomas H. Ince, the highly successful pioneer silent filmmaker who died in 1924.

2. Thanks dchoiceisalwaysrs, Lurker5, F.Bullbait, JustSheila says "thank you" for this post
    Likes F.Bullbait, JustSheila liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by The_Fixer View Post
    Kinda interesting that.

Hearst has a mistress and gets all put out when his mistress became unfaithful.
    Go figure....

Like an addiction! Seems Hearst couldn't just stop, either.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOriginalBigBlue View Post
    I've personally taken a tour of the Hollywood Celebrity Centre. My editor and I met with a representative of the "Church" at the Renaissance, where we had what I can only describe as the world's most disgusting meal. She had some pasta with shrimp (which caused impressive gastric distress afterwards) while I had a simple chicken breast that was inedible as it was clearly rotten. Once that was out of the way, he led us through the several installed instructional displays on the main floor- Connor and Bella Cruise were playing some kind of game in the background as we were walked through. Finally, we were taken to the residential portion of the Centre on the top floors for a chat. It was run down and looking a bit rough, surprisingly enough- more Detroit Holiday Inn Express than five star hotel level- and stank of old smoke. Sadly, this is the environment where Issac Hayes lived out his last days... 

Fun fact:

That building was funded by Hearst's pay-off to Tom Mix's widow for his shooting murder on Hearst's yacht. Hearst had mistook Mix for Charlie Chaplin who was having an affair with Hearst's mistress Marion Davies. Watch "Cat's Meow" and you'll get what I'm talking about. Just a little bit of Hollywood history for ya...
    What a great story! Thanks, BB! You're loaded with all sorts of gems.

I found the full story on a reputable site, and it's a juicy one!

The death of Thomas Ince just after his 42nd birthday party was as improbable as the plot of some of the movies he produced. Born into a show business family on Nov. 16, 1882 in Newport, R.I., Ince rose from failure as a stage actor to become the first film tycoon. He pioneered the system of moviemaking still in use today before he was carried off a yacht owned by newspaper mogul William Randolph Hearst, allegedly to be hospitalized for indigestion. Ince died several days later and his body was immediately cremated. Even before the funeral, suspicions were mounting. Hearst believed his mistress, Marion Davies, and Charlie Chaplin were having a love affair. Davies and Chaplin were also on the boat, and rumors surfaced that Hearst actually shot Ince by accident, intending to shoot Davies, Chaplin or both.
    http://www.newenglandhistoricalsocie...l-thomas-ince/

So it seems the Manor Hotel was also founded on covering its criminal tracks with the diversion of indigestion and hasn't changed much since.
    "Looking back on it I think I got these gains only because the processing made me self reflect and try to repair the damage done by it. So I made gains in spite of Scientology not because of it. It's better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you are not."

- Cleared Cannibal

4. Thanks Lurker5, F.Bullbait, TheOriginalBigBlue says "thank you" for this post
    Likes TheOriginalBigBlue liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by JustSheila View Post

So it seems the Manor Hotel was also founded on covering its criminal tracks with the diversion of indigestion and hasn't changed much since.
    The Manor Hotel, before it was renovated, was a roach-infested shithole. A couple friends of mine lived there -- one was a VIP/celeb, and another was the child of one. I have personally stayed in their suites a few times and have eaten the food from the restaurant. It was never bad -- however, it sure was before all the renovation and fancypants overhaul. Even the salads were awful, and coffee was just about all that was safe. I'll say one thing is that the service (the slave service I should say) was pretty excellent. But it depends on why you are there, who you are, etc. Everyone gets treated differently, depending. Back in the Manor days I really don't know why it operated the way it did. There were even homeless people in the basement. But every now again there were concerts near the Canteen, and certain things got organized. It still catered to actors and musicians, but most public were studying at AO, ASHO or the LA Org. I considered the Manor a place for socializing with sycophants.

6. Thanks dchoiceisalwaysrs, Lurker5, F.Bullbait, JustSheila says "thank you" for this post
    Silver Meritorious Patron TheOriginalBigBlue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JustSheila View Post

Like an addiction! Seems Hearst couldn't just stop, either.

What a great story! Thanks, BB! You're loaded with all sorts of gems.

I found the full story on a reputable site, and it's a juicy one!

Good article.

So according to this it does seem Ince's wife built the Manor with Hearst's hush money. And now I'm wondering if this Louella Parsons was any relation to a certain Jack Parsons? I can so easily imagine LRH deliberately buying properties that these people owned as a way of living vicariously through them or hoping to have some of the high society mystique rub off.

"Adding to the confusion were the lies and denials told by Hearst’s guests – as well as evidence Hearst tried to silence Ince’s wife with a trust fund and Louella Parsons with a lifetime job."

8. Thanks Lurker5, Enthetan, F.Bullbait, JustSheila says "thank you" for this post
    Crusader

Quote Originally Posted by ThetanExterior View Post
    To understand the way scientologists behave you have to understand how they think.

Scientologists believe everyone has a reactive mind and it is this that causes all irrational thought. They also believe that scientology is "mankind's only hope".

Therefore if someone has become a scientologist and then wants to leave, it can only be because their reactive mind is taking control. To them, if a person knows about scientology and is using their analytical mind they will obviously not want to leave scientology.

So to answer the question about what the guards are thinking when they restrain someone who wants to leave - they probably think the person's reactive mind has taken control and the person needs to be restrained until some scientology tech can be applied to him/her. Then the person's analytical mind will resurface and they will obviously want to stay in scientology.

It's like in the outside world someone saying they want to kill themself. You wouldn't just tell them to go ahead, you'd try to stop them and get them some help. That's what the guards are doing.
    gawd, it's really insidious how hubbard got us believe in his tech. Those were my thoughts exactly as you said. I blew from staff twice, once as a class 5 staff member, and later as a Sea Org member, and I recovered myself both times wanting to get back in because I believed in Hubbard's tech.

10. Thanks Lurker5, Enthetan, ThetanExterior says "thank you" for this post

Quote Originally Posted by TheOriginalBigBlue View Post
    Seems someone has confused Mix with Ince. This may explain it:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ch%C3%...3%89lys%C3%A9e

The Château Élysée is a former hotel located at 5930 Franklin Ave. in the Franklin Village section of Los Angeles, California. It was originally built as a luxury long-term residential apartment house for movie stars by Elinor K. Ince, widow of Thomas H. Ince, the highly successful pioneer silent filmmaker who died in 1924.
    I could see how, if someone were listening to another talking about this rumor, that they could possibly mistake the name Tom Ince for Tom Mix.

Interesting history of the Chateau BTW. Thanks.
    "Go to heaven for the climate and hell for the company." –Mark Twain

"Religion and theology must not be confounded. Religion is not doctrine, but a new birth." - R. Falckenberg History of Modern Philosophy (on German mysticism).

12. Thanks Lurker5 says "thank you" for this post
    Likes TheOriginalBigBlue liked this post
    Gold Meritorious Patron

Quote Originally Posted by HelluvaHoax! View Post
    LOL

Thanks for posting that reprint of the "RACKET EXPOSED" to remind one and all of the audacious and outrageous fanaticism that Hubbard once-upon-a-time didn't even try to hide or cloak.

OT STAFF MEMBER
    Oh that! LOL. You know, researching the Wall of Fire
    for all mankind can cause some serious by-passed charge.
    Besides, Ron hadn't even discovered the
    Way To Happiness tech yet, so that
    totally explains why he might on rare
    occasions have had a slightly bad mood. [/COLOR]

[/CENTER]
    WTF is the matter with this OT STAFF MEMBER ? Doesn't he know that that is only a lock on hubbard's bad moods. Shouldn't he have gone to basic basic on the chain to "once upon a time" Where is my stock of pink sheets?

14. LOL! Enthetan laughed at this post
    Gold Meritorious Patron

Quote Originally Posted by Awesome Rob View Post
    I've been on this board forever, as a lurker and later a member, and I've read all of your stories and you guys are just the best. And incredibly patient with my questions!

One thing I've always wondered, and I've never been able to figure out in all the stuff I've read. If you're in the Hole and you decide "fuck this, I'll leave all of my stuff and be declared", can you just go? From the way I understand it, "routing out" is the official way to leave and takes months and $$ but you leave in good standing, "blowing" is escaping. But do you have to escape-escape if you're in the Hole? Can you physically be stopped from leaving the church and kept in a "prison" forever?

I understand that lots of folks have been brainwashed and think that being sent to the RPF is for their own good (crazy), but for the folks that finally come to their senses and decide enough is enough, what is then stopping them
    ?
    Ron Miscavige, DM's father had to escape and he tells about it in his interview with Joe Rogan Experience #947. The whole interview it good, but if you want to get to the meat of your answer ..start around the 53 (minute ? ) point up to around 1hr 07minutes.

Shiny Free Crusader Free to shine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by strativarius View Post
    I don't really know why I'm posting this other than to draw a contrast with what things were like back in the mid-70's to how they seem to be now.

I was sent to the Saint Hill RPF around September '73 '74, and half way through that experience I was considering calling it a day. My wife at the time was working in FOLO. She was pretty new to scn and wasn't as committed to it as I had been, so asking her to quit wasn't going to be much of a problem.

I couldn't really contemplate leaving until I'd completed the RPF and routed out properly, (this was my thinking, it wasn't imposed by any external forces. Blowing the RPF would confirm the fact that I was a useless DB and I wasn't going to let that happen) but within a week or so of my 'graduating' we'd stuffed what few possessions we had in the car and simply driven out of the gates and were gone. Just like that. There was little or no security in those days, these sec. checks I read so much about were very rarely carried out, and I never felt for a moment that anybody would be pursuing us and would try to bring us back.

How very very different things were then to how they are today.
    Yes it was very different. The first time I blew in 1971 I was on World wide staff (pre Int) and I just announced I was going to leave. I was due to get married in the Chapel at Saint Hill a few days later (at the tender age of 17) and somehow half of the Chapel was still full on my wedding day! I honestly don't know how that happened, I just assumed all my friends would still come and they did. Then we drove away from Saint Hill never to return as staff there, though I did a lot of volunteering after I was back in 'good standing'.

The second time was 1982 on GO staff in Melbourne. I was pregnant with health difficulties and ordered by a doctor to rest or possibly face a miscarriage. So I just decided to leave by not going in, the pull to 'do the right thing' was too strong though and I did finally go in for an interview. I was yelled at so nastily that the horror of it lasts to this day, and it took many, many years to overcome the 'labels' assigned me then. You just don't do that to a pregnant woman! No way I was going back though, the interview confirmed it and the relief and joy as I walked down the street that day is also a lasting memory.

So yes you can just walk out unless you are in one of the confining circumstances described in the thread, but most people are very aware of the consequences and it takes a lot of courage. Totally worth it though!
    QUOTE OF THE YEAR: "I wasn't aware that a documentary (on scientology) was coming out but I'll be sure to not watch it." A Scientologist

17. Thanks strativarius, TheOriginalBigBlue, dchoiceisalwaysrs, Enthetan says "thank you" for this post
    Patron Meritorious

I ran across this issue which is somewhat related.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345