Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: ESMB Legends

Default ESMB Legends

I'm newish to ESMB but in my short time I have seen some great posts from some of the people on here.

I thought it would be good for people to nominate some of your favourite people who you would regard as ESMB legends and even share any links to some of their previous great posts too?

Sure they would appreciate a little limelight

Also handy for us newbies to cherry pick some of the good threads on here as there is so many to trawl your way through!
    Last edited by Whattodo; 21st April 2017 at 08:51 PM.

2. Thanks Gizmo, AnonyMary, Glenda, afaceinthecrowd, Knows says "thank you" for this post
    Likes AnonyMary, Knows, tesseract liked this post

Default Re: ESMB Legends

One rule - maximum of 3 people

4. LOL! AnonyMary, Ogsonofgroo laughed at this post
    Gold Meritorious Patron Udarnik's Avatar

Based on the stuff they've taught us all and the way they deliver it (and excluding Emma as a special case - founder), I'd have to say my top 3 are:

AFaceInTheCrowd
    HelluvaHoax
    Cowboy
    Imagine, if you will, a load of horseshit. And we’re not talking just your average load of horseshit; no, we’re talking colossal load of horseshit. An epic load of horseshit. The kind of load of horseshit that has accreted over decades and has developed its own sort of ecosystem, from the flyblown chunks at the perimeter, down into the heated and decomposing center, generating explosive levels of methane as bacteria feast merrily on vintage, liquified crap... -- John Scalzi

6. Thanks Gizmo, Enthetan, afaceinthecrowd, HelluvaHoax! says "thank you" for this post
    Gold Meritorious Patron WildKat's Avatar

Helluvahoax.....for humor
    Veda....for great source docs
    Afaceinthecrowd...awesomeness
    Dismayed and confused by terrorist attacks? Educate yourself and take action. https://www.theobjectivestandard.com...inst-the-west/

8. Thanks Gizmo, Enthetan, afaceinthecrowd, HelluvaHoax! says "thank you" for this post
    Likes phenomanon, Gizmo, SanDiegoMember liked this post
    Gold Meritorious Sponsor HelluvaHoax!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Whattodo View Post
    I thought it would be good for people to nominate some of your favourite people who you would regard as ESMB legends and even share any links to some of their previous great posts too?

Another terminal asked me to post this com particle to the thread:

Originally Posted by Billy Blowdown

I would like to nominate myself for this award. As a recent OT VIII completion, I cognited that it is very pro-survival to flow power to yourself--especially when there may be a large engraved gold medallion involved--like the one that is given to messianic movie stars who are saving mankind.

Naturally, per Dr. Hubbard's tech, it is also necessary to keep your flow-zero in on this planet.

If any other ESMB readers wish to flow power to me with a nomination, I will flow power back to you with a COMMENDATION sent to your ethics folder. This can become quite valuable later if the COS ever decides to Fair Game you--because they will stop that at once due to your ethics protection.

ML,

Billy Blowdown
    OT VIII
    My Motto: "ALWAYS F/N-ING! ALWAYS WINNING! ALWAYS BLOWING DOWN!"

Scientology literally saved my life! Without Ron's books I would have frozen to death!!! (see avatar)

Scientology in one word? HelluvaHoax!

I never felt as free as when I freed myself from "Total Freedom".

For offended Scientologists reading this blasphemy about L. Ron Hubbard---my apologies for talking about real life without lying to you, like Scientology, with goo-goo theta-talk. I know you don't have a floating needle right now. You're not supposed to.

Alan Walter and DartSmohen were two ESMB members. They both worked with Hubbard over many years, and were on the first Class 8 course on the ship.

____A small sampling____

DartSmohen, February 2008:

I guess it is time to put some truth out about OT3.

I was there when Hubbard was winding up his research (Las Palmas 67.)

We were the Sea Project, long before the Sea Org was created.

You have to understand the level of drugs Hubbard was on at the time. This was well after his cocaine and Phenobarbitone stuff of the 50's. He was heavily into barbituates, codene etc. He had a shore base called "Estrella", down the coast. I saw his pharmecutical store there, it was huge.

The original 3 materials were handwritten and photocopied backwards, so you had to hold them to a mirror to read them. I read them all when I was Chief of Advanced Courses on the ship. It was just like a 1050's science fiction story.

We had our first inkling of what was coming before we set sail fom the UK in April/May 67. Hubbard put out a confidential SP declare on one of our staff, John Laurence (former chaplain at St Hill). In it he stated that John was no longer the person we thought he was, having been taken over by another or other beings.

In Las Palmas Hubbard used to talk quite openly about his "research". He used to say that the main street in Gran Canaria was exactly like it was 75 million years ago, exact in every detail. He got some really funny looks from several members of the crew. I don't think there was more than a couple of members who bought into the story. In order to satisfy the rest of us he added a line about Loyal Officers. This was a clever move as it allowed us to simply say that we never got the implant as we were away at the time.

Outside the dockyard there was a church. On Feast Days (there were many) an evening service took place. It was dark and there was always a small crowd.

First there was a candle lit procession, followed by a loud bang, then a series of flashing lights, another procession came out from the church, led by men carrying poles on which figures of cherubs were mounted. Following this came a replica of the ark of the covenant, with a winged chariot on it. The procession traversed around the forecourt. All the time preyers were being said, led by a priest in long robes. Then firecrackers went off and the candles were extinguished, leaving the place in darkness as the processions re-entered the church.

Hubbard used to say that this was a replica of Inc 1. I wonder where he got the idea of Inc 1 from?

It is up to each person to decide for themselves if they wish to subscribe to the theory and story of OT3. I just thought that a bit of background info might help you to align your thoughts.

In case you are wondering whether any of this is true or not, ask Alan. He was there too

From Alan Walter, February 2008:

It is true!

The write up that is of Darth!

_________

From a 2007 ESMB post by Alan Walter, recounting the overboarding of old timer Julia Salmen:

The scene with overboarding on the Original Class VIII Course was if an auditor did not get an F/N on their pc at examiner - they were thrown overboard.

We would line up on the well-deck in the morning at 8.00 am - LRH would look down from the deck above and announce who would be thrown overboard.

He was surrounded by his Aides. Also he was recording all of this on camera....

I remember looking up at them - I was staring into the face of sheer madness and evil.

Usually 8 to 10 people were thrown overboard each morning.

It was about a 30 foot drop into a filthy feces laden water from the other ships and the Apollo directly releasing their sewage into the channel...

This was October 1968.

....Ron had Julia Salmen thrown overboard... terribly overweight and could not swim.

The people who threw her overboard struggled to get her over the side; she was terrified; she kept crying out "I cannot swim!" On her way down she hit the side of the ship - I could hear her screams - it was obvious she was injured and drowning.

The people on the deck all stood around too afraid to do anything. Fearing to originate any action less the become the target of LRH's displeasure.

I ran and jumped over the side and rescued her. I then pulled her over to the ladder that led up to the ground level of the dock........it was about 20 feet straight up. She could not climb the steps. I had my shoulders under her butt pushing her up..... no one still had come to help.......but at the top of that ladder stood LRH filming us.....such evil.......

Anyway after an immense struggle with Julia's help I was able to push her up to the top of the ladder....finally some help arrived.

Over the years the unthinkable thought pushed forward more and more....it was "that I observe that LRH was demonic at that time." I did not want to know that, did not want to believe that.......that was too incredible to be believed - even for me - I did the usual make nothing of myself.... "you're seeing things," "what do you know," "you've got overts" - much easier to blame self than confront what is

_____A change of pace______

Regarding the open and serious discussion of reincarnation amongst psychotherapists in 1950, and the problem of Jung openly admitting that he consulted earlier lives while giving therapy to others:

"The zeitgeist, the spirit of the times, doesn't allow it. "

Quotes assembled by Alan Walter. Videos by me.

Benjamin Franklin:

"I look upon death to be as necessary to the constitution as sleep. We
    shall rise refreshed in the morning."

"And, finding myself to exist in the world, I believe I shall, in some
    shape or other always exist."

Jack London, author, best known for book "Call of the Wild":

"I did not begin when I was born, nor when I was conceived. I have been
    growing, developing, through incalculable myriads of millenniums. All
    my previous selves have their voices, echoes, promptings in me. Oh,
    incalculable times again shall I be born."

Mark Twain:

"I have been born more times than anybody except Krishna."

Leo Tolstoy:

"As we live through thousands of dreams in our present life, so is our
    present life only one of many thousands of such lives which we enter
    from the other more real life and then return after death. Our life is
    but one of the dreams of that more real life, and so it is endlessly,
    until the very last one, the very real the life of God."

Henry Ford:

"I adopted the theory of reincarnation when I was 26. Genius is
    experience. Some think to seem that it is a gift or talent, but it is
    the fruit of long experience in many lives".

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, (German poet, playwright and scientist):

"As long as you are not aware of the continual law of Die and Be Again,
    you are merely a vague guest on a dark Earth."

Freidrich Nietzsche:

"Live so that thou mayest desire to live again - that is thy duty - for
    in any case thou wilt live again!"

Mahatma Gandhi:

"I cannot think of permanent enmity between man and man, and believing
    as I do in the theory of reincarnation, I live in the hope that if not
    in this birth, in some other birth I shall be able to hug all of
    humanity in friendly embrace."

Ralph Waldo Emerson:

"The soul comes from without into the human body, as into a temporary
    abode, and it goes out of it anew it passes into other habitations, for
    the soul is immortal."

"It is the secret of the world that all things subsist and do not die, but only retire a little from sight and afterwards return again.

Nothing is dead; men feign themselves dead, and endure mock funerals and there they stand looking out of the window, sound and well, in some strange new disguise."

General George S. Patton:

"So as through a glass and darkly, the age long strife I see, Where I
    fought in many guises, many names, but always me."

Albert Schweitzer:

"Reincarnation contains a most comforting explanation of reality by
    means of which Indian thought surmounts difficulties which baffle the
    thinkers of Europe."

Walt Whitman:

"I know I am deathless. No doubt I have died myself ten thousand times
    before. I laugh at what you call dissolution, and I know the amplitude
    of time."

William Wordsworth:

"Our birth is but a sleep and a forgetting; The Soul that rises with
    us, our life's Star, Hath had elsewhere its setting. And cometh from
    afar."

Jalalu Rumi (Islamic Poet of the 13th century):

"I died as a mineral and became a plant, I died as a plant and rose to
    animal, I died as animal and I was man. Why should I fear ? When was I
    less by dying?"

Carl Jung

[B]"My life often seemed to me like a story that has no beginning and no
    end. I had the feeling that I was an historical fragment, an excerpt
    for which the preceding and succeeding text was missing. I could well
    imagine that I might have lived in former centuries and there
    encountered questions I was not yet able to answer; that I had been
    born again because I had not fulfilled the task given to me."

Henry David Thoreau:

"Why should we be startled by death? Life is a constant putting off of
    the mortal coil - coat, cuticle, flesh and bones, all old clothes."

Socrates:

"I am confident that there truly is such a thing as living again, that
    the living spring from the dead, and that the souls of the dead are in
    existence."

Jesus Christ in Gnostic Gospels: Pistis Sophia:

"Souls are poured from one into another of different kinds of bodies of
    the world."

Voltaire:

"It is not more surprising to be born twice than once; everything in
    nature is resurrection."

Koran:

"God generates beings, and sends them back over and over again, till
    they return to Him."

Josephus (most well known Jewish historian from the time of Jesus):

"All pure and holy spirits live on in heavenly places, and in course of
    time they are again sent down to inhabit righteous bodies."

Honore Balzac (French writer):

"All human beings go through a previous life... Who knows how many
    fleshly forms the heir of heaven occupies before he can be brought to
    understand the value of that silence and solitude of spiritual worlds?"

Arthur Schopenhauer (Philosopher):

"Were an Asiatic to ask me for a definition of Europe, I should be
    forced to answer him: It is that part of the world which is haunted by
    the incredible delusion that man was created out of nothing, and that
    his present birth is his first entrance into life."

Paul Gauguin (French post-impressionist painter):

"When the physical organism breaks up, the soul survives. It then takes
    on another body."

George Harrison:

"Friends are all souls that we've known in other lives. We're drawn to
    each other. Even if I have only known them a day., it doesn't matter.
    I'm not going to wait till I have known them for two years, because
    anyway, we must have met somewhere before, you know."

Pythagoras:

"Among the ancient Greeks, reincarnation was a doctrine closely
    associated with the followers of the philosopher and mathematician
    Pythagoras. According to Pythagorean teaching, the soul survives
    physical death.

"After a series of reincarnations each one following a period of psychic
    cleansing in spiritual environments the soul becomes free eternally from
    the cycle of reincarnations."

Excerpt from 'The Act of Creation' by Arthur Koestler:

"At the age of twenty-two, he [Benjamin Franklin] composed a Pythagorean epitaph for himself; at the age of eighty-four, the year of his death, he ordered that it should appear, unchanged, on his tomb. It reads:

The Body
    Of
    Benjamin Franklin
    Printer
    (Like the Cover of an Old Book
    Its Contents Torn Out
    And stript of its Lettering and Gilding)
    Lies Here, Food for Worms.
    But the Work Shall Not Be Lost
    For It Will (As He Believed) Appear Once More
    In a New and More Elegant Edition
    Revised and Corrected
    By
    The Author

_______

"Man doth not yield himself to the angels, nor unto death utterly, save only through his feeble will."

Joseph Glanvill
    Last edited by Veda; 21st April 2017 at 05:11 AM. Reason: One video refused to imbed. Finally fixed the problem.
    Visit the Ex Scientologist Message Board web site for selected content from ESMB and more: http://exscn.net/

11. Thanks Gizmo, RogerB, WildKat, Enthetan, afaceinthecrowd and 1 others says "thank you" for this post
    LOL! Ogsonofgroo laughed at this post

Categories, you need categories, no whey I can see that could pick out any three on a general level.

and I nominate myself as best ass-hat -du-interruptiono (joke?)

And besides, legends don't usually happen until years after the deeds. I think yer trolling us and now my attention is naught.

It is all a silly thing, your quest fails imho.

'Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. I am not afraid.'
    Marcus Aurelius

THE BIG LIST of EX'S who have Spoken Out fx'd

13. LOL! afaceinthecrowd laughed at this post

Oh I love games on ESMB

Okay - here is one of my favorites:

Our Comedy Classic Entertainer and All Around SP - let's give a hand to.....

HelluvaHoax, of course. He is a legend. If you are new - you will blow chunks of that cult "case" you purchased from $cientology - if you read every post and every thread HelluvaHoax contributes to or creates.

I love stuff that makes me laugh whilst cringing and running out the shame associated with joining a truly diabolically evil cult believing I was helping the "planet". HelluvaHoax has helped me heal with laughter. Thanks HH!!

Let's give HH a "Meritorious Medal of Valour" and a Big honkin Trophy for his contribution to the board.

15. Thanks Gizmo, Enthetan, afaceinthecrowd, HelluvaHoax! says "thank you" for this post
    LOL! afaceinthecrowd, HelluvaHoax! laughed at this post

Quote Originally Posted by WildKat View Post
    Helluvahoax.....for humor

Veda....for great source docs
    If I may toot my own horn, I'd like to think that my analysis has contributed something. I could say more, but that's enough.

I hope those who cite contributors will provide samples of their posts. Makes it more interesting, IMHO.

Afaceinthecrowd...awesomeness.
    Visit the Ex Scientologist Message Board web site for selected content from ESMB and more: http://exscn.net/

17. Thanks WildKat, afaceinthecrowd says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Gizmo, Ogsonofgroo, Knows, HelluvaHoax! liked this post
    Gold Meritorious Patron scooter's Avatar

3 is too few to limit it to.

In no particular order:

Faceinthecrowd
    Cowboy
    Veda
    HH
    Alan
    Dart
    Feral
    Emma

There's lots more (Ogs needs a mention) but this is a COMMUNITY, not a bunch of individual stars. I believe that needs to be kept in mind.
    Paul David Schofield
    "Scooter" to his friends

-----
    If he has no friends and everyone's against him
    If he's failed in everything that he has tried
    Try to lift his load, help to bear his burden
    Let him know that you are walking by his side
    And if he feels that all is lost and he is fallen
    Try to place that poor man's feet on solid ground
    Just remember he's some mother's precious darlin'
    Always lift him up and never knock him down

Blind Alfred Reed

-----

19. Thanks Gizmo, LA SCN, Enthetan, Free to shine, afaceinthecrowd says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Gizmo, JustSheila, Knows, Ogsonofgroo, LA SCN and 1 others liked this post
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast