Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: ESMB Legends

Squirrel Extraordinaire Dulloldfart's Avatar

Default Re: ESMB Legends

Quote Originally Posted by AnonyMary View Post
    I went and looked after seeing your comment. It has been some time since I'd last looked but it was within the last 12 months. When I got there last night, I was not able to get even what you saw while on my iPad. However, I noticed that they are testing a new beta versio. I just went there just now using my PC and was able to access all the years of archived pages. It was last updated yesterday, April 21, 2017 , going back to early 2008. I searched by using the site name alone, not including the 'forum.'

Here is a link as it stands.
    https://web-beta.archive.org/web/*/www.exscn.net

One may have to use the R >L scroll bar to see all years, if available. I suspect the trouble we encountered is due to them using a beta version while trying to update the site. That place to have them add a page if its not archived will probably come back once they figure out what they are doing. Usually it shows up when you check a site and they inform you that its the site or page is not archived, but would you like to archive it? if agreed, then it gets archived
    Are we looking for different things? Today ESMB has about 1.1 million posts in 43,000 threads. A "snapshot" (to my mind) is an image of how something was at an instant in time, so I would expect a snapshot of ESMB at some moment on March 16, 2015 (say) to allow access to any of the 740,000 posts in 34,000 threads (or whatever) then existing. But it doesn't work like that. The "snapshot" allows one to read maybe 20 posts in 20 threads or that order of magnitude, which does little more than prove the site existed on that date and give a slight taste of what it's about.

Paul
    PaulsRobot Iconic now available for use at www.PaulsRobot2.com. With Auto-Report. Video here. Introductory post here. Debug post here. Dipoles post here.

Default ESMB Snapshot

Quote Originally Posted by Dulloldfart View Post
    ... so I would expect a snapshot of ESMB at some moment on March 16, 2015 (say) to allow access to any of the 740,000 posts in 34,000 threads (or whatever) then existing.
    Suggestion: Search for inspyder web2disk which will capture an entire web site to local disk (on schedule).

Quote Originally Posted by AnonyMary View Post
    I miss being able to get over here more often. This is a really good thread, filled with really good posts with nominees. I could spend all day writing down who I believe should be listed, but I don't have all day, though I wish I did. I hope to be able to get back here and put in my 2 cents but it seems that many have already noted the legends. I will add now that the members commenting on this are legends as well. Read their posts, as they have contributed much to help others and expose Scientology.

I love ESMB, the members and the posts. There is something for everyone and most of it is reachable to the lurkers and general public. Each new person who speaks up, anonymously or not, is important. And each contribution of wisdom and experience by members here is often priceless. ESMB posts are indexed on the internet, meaning every word in the public forum categories is out there to be read.

The forum is also mirrored and updated on the Way Back Machine internet archive, providing hope that generations to come will have access to what is public on this forum. Emma, and now Ethercat, along with the moderators, are the real heroes of ESMB. They keep it alive! Much gratitude to them, as well.
    Nice to see you, AnonyMary! What a beautiful post. You've been missed!

You're on my list of 10s out of 10, that's for sure. Thank you for all your work exposing Narconon! You're a legend for that.

Oh! And let's not forget all Pooks has done in that area, or our very own Ethercat.

"Looking back on it I think I got these gains only because the processing made me self reflect and try to repair the damage done by it. So I made gains in spite of Scientology not because of it. It's better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you are not."

- Cleared Cannibal

4. Thanks Glenda says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Ogsonofgroo liked this post
    Silver Meritorious Patron ILove2Lurk's Avatar

. . .
    I've always lived off of the crossroads of the world and away from large groups
    of Scientologists, so I never got to benefit from much of the news and gossip
    going on behind the scenes over the years. Though I'd questioned things in
    Scientology all along as necessary, finding the Internet ex-groups in the early
    2000's was a wonderful moment for me.

I can't begin to list all the legendary folks who helped me disentangle and disengage
    from the Hubbardian cosmic/mental matrix. Reading their posts help me to decide
    what to keep, what I considered to have been good for me, what to shelve as patently
    questionable, and what to discard as obviously useless or a fantasy.

I'll only contribute a graphic of my "tipping points" and a thanks to everyone who has
    posted around here. You know I love y'all.*

My tipping points began a while ago and was sort of a crescendo of memorable events.

GAT I
    . . Current services cancelled. Asked to pay all over again, so I quit. Full stop.

Heretical Basics . .Must-read books by Corydon, Miller, and Atack.

blownforgood . .His riveting posts first surfaced in early 2006, shortly after he left the SO. Unmistakably "the real deal."

Truth Rundown Videos . .Everyone looked and sounded truthful in 2009. Videos speak for themselves.

Face & cowboy . .Doesn't get any better than these guys, does it?

Sarge 2013 . .The ultimate reveal. The coup de grāce.

*Except those few on my ignore list.

6. Thanks Ogsonofgroo, afaceinthecrowd, scooter, Gib says "thank you" for this post
    Likes lotus, JustSheila, Gib, Glenda, Operating DB liked this post
    Crusader

Quote Originally Posted by ILove2Lurk View Post
    . . .
    I've always lived off of the crossroads of the world and away from large groups
    of Scientologists, so I never got to benefit from much of the news and gossip
    going on behind the scenes over the years. Though I'd questioned things in
    Scientology all along as necessary, finding the Internet ex-groups in the early
    2000's was a wonderful moment for me.

I can't begin to list all the legendary folks who helped me disentangle and disengage
    from the Hubbardian cosmic/mental matrix. Reading their posts help me to decide
    what to keep, what I considered to have been good for me, what to shelve as patently
    questionable, and what to discard as obviously useless or a fantasy.

I'll only contribute a graphic of my "tipping points" and a thanks to everyone who has
    posted around here. You know I love y'all.*

My tipping points began a while ago and was sort of a crescendo of memorable events.

GAT I
    . . Current services cancelled. Asked to pay all over again, so I quit. Full stop.

Heretical Basics . .Must-read books by Corydon, Miller, and Atack.

blownforgood . .His riveting posts first surfaced in early 2006, shortly after he left the SO. Unmistakably "the real deal."

Truth Rundown Videos . .Everyone looked and sounded truthful in 2009. Videos speak for themselves.

Face & cowboy . .Doesn't get any better than these guys, does it?

Sarge 2013 . .The ultimate reveal. The coup de grāce.

*Except those few on my ignore list.
    Debbie Cook was my savior. Of course I'm from a different generation or timeline from lots of those that have spoken here to discuss, but whether one post or many, for which w/o their communications here I would be left in the dark and still floundering.

I don't know how many "scientologits" are left, but I think not that many, less than 10,000, and really only staff.

Every new voice is welcome.

8. Thanks afaceinthecrowd, scooter, JustSheila says "thank you" for this post

Gerry Armstrong doesn't post here but IMO he deserves an honorable mention. Also:

afaceinthecrowd
    HelluvaHoax!
    Denise
    Smilla
    Clamicide
    Karen#1
    Gadfly

War is Peace - Freedom is Slavery - Ignorance is Strength. George Orwell
    Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. Voltaire
    It is a truism that almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creed into law if it acquires the political power to do so. Robert A. Heinlein.

10. Thanks afaceinthecrowd says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Ogsonofgroo, JustSheila liked this post

I don't think anyone's mentioned Tory Christman (Magoo).

12. Thanks Ogsonofgroo, afaceinthecrowd, EZ Linus, JustSheila says "thank you" for this post
    Likes afaceinthecrowd, EZ Linus, JustSheila liked this post
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678