Thread: ESMB Legends

Default Re: ESMB Legends

Quote Originally Posted by HelluvaHoax! View Post

Another terminal asked me to post this com particle to the thread:
    O.M.X - that was fricken hysterical!!

2. Thanks HelluvaHoax! says "thank you" for this post
    Likes afaceinthecrowd liked this post

Bea Kiddo's story sucked me into this message board. I'm not sure if she is still around but her story had a major impact on many.

And I second the vote for Helluva Hoax. Hoaxie always asks the hard questions to get the critical thinking skills of many ex-Scientologists back in working order. Hoaxie brings a sense of humor that some ex-Scientologists have to relearn.
    "In Australia, Mr Justice Anderson concluded in 1965: ‘Scientology is evil; its techniques are evil; its practice is a serious threat to the community, medically, morally, and socially; and its adherents are sadly deluded and often mentally ill… [Scientology is] the world’s largest organization of unqualified persons engaged in the practice of dangerous techniques which masquerade as mental therapy.’"

4. Thanks pebbles, Glenda, HelluvaHoax! says "thank you" for this post

Can't forget dulloldfart.

6. Thanks Veda, scooter, Dulloldfart, afaceinthecrowd says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Gizmo, RogerB, Enthetan, afaceinthecrowd liked this post
    Gold Meritorious Patron afaceinthecrowd's Avatar

Whattodo,

A belated "Welcome to ESMB".

So Glad you are here with all of Us.

I've been reading this unique, organic and irreplaceable Board for nearly 9 years and have participated as a Member for a little over 7 years and read well over a million words in thousands of Posts.

All Y'all will never know how grateful I am for your presence here, dialogues and personal narratives.

There are hundreds of Members that have Posted stuff that "spoke to me", helped me and was of abiding value to me.

There are dozens of Members the have Posted stuff of such acute clarity of thought, gut-wrenching honesty of heart and brilliance of wit that stunned me, disturbed me and moved me to deep self reflection, cathartic self examination and still-in-progress personal closure.

I'm gonna cheat at little bit as I just can't--from my perspective--"boil it all down" to three names, nor assign any order of importance to those Members for my personal "Legendary" list.

Alphabetical Order...

Alan Walter/Dart Smohen...Their Threads and Dialogues together is what led me to ESMB from a Google search. They were there when many of Hubbard's seminal "Tech Breakthroughs" were made and--as an "oldtimer" from that era--I hold their accounts highly credible and reliable.

Cowboy...Cowboy's "Takes" on his http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthrea...9-trepidatious Thread is, IMO (having personally known and interacted with Hubbard and Cowboy) "Gold Standard", firsthand accurate stuff.

Gadfly...Gadfly's Posts on ESMB are to me among the most intricately detailed, philosophically enlightening and logically reasoned "Takes" re: the "Tech" and Scn "Applied 'Philosophy'" to be read anywhere.

HelluvaHoax...Hoaxy's voluminous stuff on ESMB never gets stale and is like reading Wilde's/Twain's/Voltaire's "Takes" on Hubbard, the "Tech", SO, Staff and all things re: the Scn experience.

Veda...Veda's well timed Posts are "Reality Checks" explaining why there was something there of value that attracted Us to Scn, step-by-step walking through the "Source Documents" showing what was hidden from/unknown/glossed over by many of Us and providing quotes from numerous qualified others that renders a starkly real perspective Scn.

There's at least a dozen other names I could add to the list above.

There's also another List of a handful of names of Folks whose Posts from early Dialogues with me may or may not be of universal appeal but stewed and brewed in me ole rumen and helped open my can of "squirmin' worms".

Whattodo, I know your looking for Links...I just don't know where to start (other than Cowboy's stuff). There's soooo much GREAT STUFF that has been Posted on this Board.

Face
    Last edited by afaceinthecrowd; 21st April 2017 at 09:52 AM.
    Living is a Metaphor of Life

8. Thanks Whattodo, Gizmo, scooter, Glenda, Free to shine says "thank you" for this post

Quote Originally Posted by scooter View Post
    3 is too few to limit it to.

In no particular order:

Faceinthecrowd
    Cowboy
    Veda
    HH
    Alan
    Dart
    Feral
    Emma

There's lots more (Ogs needs a mention) but this is a COMMUNITY, not a bunch of individual stars. I believe that needs to be kept in mind.
    Yep, Feral and Emma for sure.

If I was allowed to select my personal "Dirty Dozen" Feral, Emma and you, Scoots, would be on that list.

Face

PS: Ogs always cracks me up and brightens my day.
    Last edited by afaceinthecrowd; 21st April 2017 at 09:59 AM.

10. Thanks scooter says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Gizmo liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by ChurchOfCylontology View Post
    Bea Kiddo's story sucked me into this message board. I'm not sure if she is still around but her story had a major impact on many.

And I second the vote for Helluva Hoax. Hoaxie always asks the hard questions to get the critical thinking skills of many ex-Scientologists back in working order. Hoaxie brings a sense of humor that some ex-Scientologists have to relearn.
    Last edited by afaceinthecrowd; 21st April 2017 at 10:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by safeweb310 View Post
    Can't forget dulloldfart.
    Nope.

13. Thanks Dulloldfart says "thank you" for this post
    Shiny Free Crusader Free to shine's Avatar

You just can't limit it. Tip of the iceberg, off the top of my head ...

Twin A, Bea Kiddo, Scooter, Face, Veda, Feral, Cowboy, Ozzie, Gadfly, Sallydannce, Emma, Hoaxy, Dart, duddins, johnAnchovie, JustMe, Paul ...

Check out the sub forums under 'People and their Individual Experiences with Scientology'. You can find links to individual members (Member List) via the Community link above and click through to a profile that shows their threads and posts.
    QUOTE OF THE YEAR: "I wasn't aware that a documentary (on scientology) was coming out but I'll be sure to not watch it." A Scientologist

15. Thanks Gizmo, afaceinthecrowd, HelluvaHoax!, Glenda says "thank you" for this post
    Likes xseaorguk, JBWriter, WildKat liked this post

Everybody already named (I sure miss Gadfly), but this question only covers one aspect of ESMB.

Who was there for you at ESMB as a friend when you first came forward or left scn? is a question that comes closer to the mark for me.

There are so many wonderful people here.

"Looking back on it I think I got these gains only because the processing made me self reflect and try to repair the damage done by it. So I made gains in spite of Scientology not because of it. It's better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you are not."

- Cleared Cannibal

17. Thanks afaceinthecrowd, Glenda says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Knows, afaceinthecrowd, scooter liked this post
    Gold Meritorious Patron

Too many to name.

ESMB and its many shades of individuals was truly a beautiful experience for me when I was free-falling after leaving the cult of scientology.

This cyber venue is dripping with amazing courageous people (and their stories) and stunning wisdom. Many are no longer actively participating on the forum but they have left their legacy.

In celebration of those that dared to share.

19. Thanks afaceinthecrowd says "thank you" for this post
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast