Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Was LRH a Great Artist and Singer/songwriter?

Patron with Honors

Default Was LRH a Great Artist and Singer/songwriter?

I was working at CoS kindergarten during my second and third weeks at EPF. The Celebrity Center building was located in the vicinity of the kindergarten building. I and my crew used to go to the Center's hotel to take shower after work.

One day I decided to a take tour of the Celebrity Center facility. There was nothing remarkable about the building except for the pictures hanging on the lobby walls.

One wall was covered with the superb pictures of surfaces of distant planets, the other one -- with the pictures of horses, dogs and other animals drawn by a child, so I thought. A Center employee was passing by, she saw that I was looking at the pictures and said, "These pictures are true works of art, LRH created them!"

"Yes, they are excellent," I said and pointed out to the pictures of the planets. "No, no. LRH drew these ones," said the woman and stretched her hand towards the child pictures.

"Oh yes, he was a very gifted child, " I said. The woman looked perplexed, she said, " LRH produced them when he was in his 30-th."

After I left Sea Org, I was attending Scientology seminars. Before beginning of a seminar the speaker said, "Before we start, I want you to hear a song. LRH wrote its lyrics, the music is by Corea."

After the song ended, the speaker asked our opinion about it. I was the first one to respond. I said, "The lyrics is out standing. But the singer is an idiot, he sings out of tune."

The speaker looked angrily at me and said, "LRH is the singer!"
    LRH era un maricon miserable que tuvo el esposo, tal Xenu. LRH quise sentir la picha grande de Xenu adentro de su culo grososo i su boca maloliente. Antes de acto sexual, Xenu estaba gritando -- ! Voy a chingar mi retardo mental!

2. Likes Gizmo, Irayam, tesseract, HelluvaHoax! liked this post
    LOL! RandomCat, Operating DB, clamicide, Jump, Teanntás and 13 others laughed at this post

Default Re: Was LRH a Great Artist and Singer/songwriter?

It's iRONic that Hubbard would devise centers(res) to rehabilitate artists once one becomes familiar with his "art". Just think of his lifeless black and white photos.

Sort of like a guy who beats his wives, cheats on his wives, masturbates to Satanic rituals trying to create the Anti-Christ, gives drugs to his own kids in an effort to "darken" them, who has the habit of abandoning his wives and children, uses his own kids as weapons in divorce, advocates abortions, puts kids in chainlockers and surrounds himself with budding teenagers in hot pants lecturing on and on about how to have a successful marriage, devising courses and expensive counseling actions to salvage marriages and writing books on how to raise kids.

Sort of like that. Kind of like this guy advising about and constructing counseling practices and classes on sanity, ethics, morality and such...

Like he's the expert.

LOL
    "Religion is free; Scientology is neither."

"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face — forever." - George Orwell, 1984

"L. Ron Hubbard is the cult leader for the crime that is Scientology." - Cleverbot

"And while we're at it I might as well toss this in for a good laugh. We were doing a lot of "research" on Rockslams at that time and one of the Hubbard thing's rockslamming items was...(oh you're going to love this)...'unlimited wealth'" - Mystic

4. Thanks Demented Hubbatd, Freeminds says "thank you" for this post
    In a mountain trapped by an eternal battery.

Quote Originally Posted by Demented Hubbatd View Post
    After I left Sea Org, I was attending Scientology seminars. Before beginning of a seminar the speaker said, "Before we start, I want you to hear a song. LRH wrote its lyrics, the music is by Corea."

After the song ended, the speaker asked our opinion about it. I was the first one to respond. I said, "The lyrics is out standing. But the singer is an idiot, he sings out of tune."

The speaker looked angrily at me and said, "LRH is the singer!"

Was it called 'Twilight of the Gods'? I had it on a cassette once given to me by a well known muso at St Hill. I wish I could find it.....

Seriously - you have to ask?

Uh - based on the "SCIENCE of knowing how to know" - a Procedure developed by the CAVE MAN and has been around for trillions of years....

We conducted a Survey and we allowed ALL answers - we did not discard the Truth like LRH's "survey tech"....

Based on results

The Survey revealed insouciant and absolute certainty a BIG FAT NO to your question.

Quote Originally Posted by Demented Hubbatd View Post
    One day I decided to a take tour of the Celebrity Center facility. There was nothing remarkable about the building except for the pictures hanging on the lobby walls.
    That's odd. I can't imagine anyone who had ever been inside the Château Élysée building itself (Celebrity Center) describing it as unremarkable, particularly the lobby. The high ceiling with its intricate painting and carvings alone is a delight to the eyes.

As I passed through the gates, I entered a beautiful garden where good-looking people sipped on espresso. I stepped into the lobby surrounded by soaring molded and gilded faux-French design,
    https://www.kcet.org/history-society...-it-went-clear

It's a shame Scientology has the building, but the building itself is beautiful. Apparently you saw it differently and may not have noticed.
    Last edited by JustSheila; 24th April 2017 at 05:04 PM. Reason: Add quote
    "Looking back on it I think I got these gains only because the processing made me self reflect and try to repair the damage done by it. So I made gains in spite of Scientology not because of it. It's better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you are not."

- Cleared Cannibal

8. Likes TheOriginalBigBlue liked this post

The Celebrity Center (Chateau Elysee) lobby ceiling looks very similar to this one from the Villa Carlotta Hollywood across the street, but Celebrity Center's has a different design than those flower reliefs, much nicer. Both buildings were built and designed by the same architect at the same time. The Villa Carlotta's original purpose was to house the staff of Chateau Elysee, and Chateau Elysee (Celebrity Center) was built as a longer-term hotel for Hollywood Celebrities, so the Chateau Elysee building is/was far more impressive. Celebrity Center completely restored and renovated the building more than once. I remember when they spent months repainting the ceiling by hand. Chateau Elysee is currently COS' most valuable (stand alone) building in its LA area real estate portfolio.

One or more of the Celebrity Center's entrances look a lot like this image of the Villa Carlotta, too:

I was personally quite impressed and loved the building and its rich Hollywood history.
    Last edited by JustSheila; 24th April 2017 at 06:59 PM.
    "Looking back on it I think I got these gains only because the processing made me self reflect and try to repair the damage done by it. So I made gains in spite of Scientology not because of it. It's better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you are not."

- Cleared Cannibal

10. Thanks Bluebell says "thank you" for this post
    Silver Meritorious Patron TheOriginalBigBlue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JustSheila View Post
    That's odd. I can't imagine anyone who had ever been inside the Château Élysée building itself (Celebrity Center) describing it as unremarkable, particularly the lobby. The high ceiling with its intricate painting and carvings alone is a delight to the eyes.

https://www.kcet.org/history-society...-it-went-clear

It's a shame Scientology has the building, but the building itself is beautiful. Apparently you saw it differently and may not have noticed.
    Agreed. The building itself is very cool. Would be nice if it weren't so close to the freeway but when it was built a lot of the foothills area was relatively undeveloped.
    _____
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ch%C3%...3%89lys%C3%A9e

Designed by eminent architect Arthur E. Harvey as a prominent seven-story replica of a 17th-century French-Normandy castle, it remains as the most impressive of several Hollywood chateaux built during the area's booming 1920s.
    _____
    This is an excellent article on the Church's property acquisitions:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...-empire-213141

The group made its first historic Hollywood acquisition in 1973, scooping up the landmark Chateau Elysee, which had been slated for demolition when the church purchased it for $1.5 million. It is now worth upward of $75 million, according to real estate sources, and serves as the church's Celebrity Centre. The church completed a lengthy renovation of the 5930 Franklin Ave. property in the early '90s;
    _____
    There was a time when the Manor was a run down has-been of a hotel but I think that has since been rectified. The child care facility mentioned in the OP that used to be behind it was a tragedy in all respects.

I think it is pretty obvious that LRH's photography work as in the What Is Scientology book staged shoots was pretty awful, as though it were an attempt by an alien society to emulate earth civilization from old Star Trek episodes that took 100 years to reach their planet, and any musical creations where he was a controlling factor were cringing to the ear and assaulted rational sensibilities but he did have a knack for parasitically acquiring and cloaking his operation in the architectural creativity of others.

It is interesting that over time, the most important positions within the Church and it's most salient product revert back to, not the teachings of LRH, but arguably the world's second oldest profession: Real Estate

12. Thanks JustSheila says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Edwardo, JustSheila, Lulu Belle liked this post

The dining room at Celebrity Center as of 2013:

- Cleared Cannibal

BB, with your appreciation for great architecture and history, you might be pleased to see that as of 2013, Celebrity Center had a maze built into the grounds to replicate the original:

- Cleared Cannibal

15. Thanks AnonyMary says "thank you" for this post
    Likes TheOriginalBigBlue liked this post

These pictures just blow my mind. They may have let a lot of the buildings go to pot, but they did alright with the Chateau Elysee renovations:

- Cleared Cannibal

17. Likes tesseract liked this post
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast