Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Was LRH a Great Artist and Singer/songwriter?

Default Re: Was LRH a Great Artist and Singer/songwriter?

Hmmm, the ol' windbag did create an awesome long-con, so probably in some weird and wionderful way he was an artist, a masterful con artist none-the-less.
    I mean fuck, give credit where credit is due eh :lolololololololololol: ( < smiley that will never woik)

:grin:
    'Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. I am not afraid.'
    Marcus Aurelius

THE BIG LIST of EX'S who have Spoken Out fx'd

2. LOL! Demented Hubbatd, Lurker5 laughed at this post

Quote Originally Posted by Demented Hubbatd View Post
    I was working at CoS kindergarten during my second and third weeks at EPF. The Celebrity Center building was located in the vicinity of the kindergarten building. I and my crew used to go to the Center's hotel to take shower after work.

One day I decided to a take tour of the Celebrity Center facility. There was nothing remarkable about the building except for the pictures hanging on the lobby walls.

One wall was covered with the superb pictures of surfaces of distant planets, the other one -- with the pictures of horses, dogs and other animals drawn by a child, so I thought. A Center employee was passing by, she saw that I was looking at the pictures and said, "These pictures are true works of art, LRH created them!"

"Yes, they are excellent," I said and pointed out to the pictures of the planets. "No, no. LRH drew these ones," said the woman and stretched her hand towards the child pictures.

"Oh yes, he was a very gifted child, " I said. The woman looked perplexed, she said, " LRH produced them when he was in his 30-th."

After I left Sea Org, I was attending Scientology seminars. Before beginning of a seminar the speaker said, "Before we start, I want you to hear a song. LRH wrote its lyrics, the music is by Corea."

After the song ended, the speaker asked our opinion about it. I was the first one to respond. I said, "The lyrics is out standing. But the singer is an idiot, he sings out of tune."

The speaker looked angrily at me and said, "LRH is the singer!"
    LRH was surrounded by yes men and women who praised everything he did. He already was an egomaniac-then he became more of one.
    I do not have a sig line.

4. Thanks Freeminds says "thank you" for this post
    Likes JustSheila, Demented Hubbatd liked this post
    Bitter defrocked apostate Freeminds's Avatar

He was every bit as a great an artist/singer/songwriter as he was a Navy officer.

You don't have to worry about squirrels
    unless you are a nut.

6. Thanks Gizmo, Demented Hubbatd says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Awesome Rob, Gizmo liked this post
    Patron with Honors

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Xenu View Post

Was it called 'Twilight of the Gods'? I had it on a cassette once given to me by a well known muso at St Hill. I wish I could find it.....

I do not remember the title. However, I remember a line from the song, it goes like this, "...Cannot even fantasize"
    LRH era un maricon miserable que tuvo el esposo, tal Xenu. LRH quise sentir la picha grande de Xenu adentro de su culo grososo i su boca maloliente. Antes de acto sexual, Xenu estaba gritando -- ! Voy a chingar mi retardo mental!

8. Thanks Lord Xenu says "thank you" for this post
    Patron with Honors

Quote Originally Posted by JustSheila View Post
    That's odd. I can't imagine anyone who had ever been inside the Château Élysée building itself (Celebrity Center) describing it as unremarkable, particularly the lobby. The high ceiling with its intricate painting and carvings alone is a delight to the eyes.

https://www.kcet.org/history-society...-it-went-clear

It's a shame Scientology has the building, but the building itself is beautiful. Apparently you saw it differently and may not have noticed.
    Probably, I didn't use the main entrance. The entrance that I used was next to the shower room, we used to take shower there. I was looking for the classrooms mostly.
    LRH era un maricon miserable que tuvo el esposo, tal Xenu. LRH quise sentir la picha grande de Xenu adentro de su culo grososo i su boca maloliente. Antes de acto sexual, Xenu estaba gritando -- ! Voy a chingar mi retardo mental!

10. Thanks JustSheila says "thank you" for this post
    Patron with Honors

Quote Originally Posted by lotus View Post
    Hum..I find you are very generous about the lyrics...
    Especially ''thank you for listening'' *caugh* ''song''

That's a weapon used to disturb and traumatize poor souls

When the album came out and staff\public were ''coerced'' to buy such piece of genius art...
    (I had avoided it, lying I already had one and gave some as gifts...)
    The nice BSO tried hard to sell the piled stock while playing the album all days\night long..
    Some of us were litterally going crazy..

Therefore , the infamous song ''thank you for listening'' became the infamous ear worm , that couldn't be vanquished
    this went on for months and months and almost drove me (us) insane

One night a close friend of mine put the tape in the car...
    We had an arguement...and made the things straight clear..
    with mutual agreement to keep such ''entheta'' between us..
    (just to avoid unnecessary waste of money...)
    and had a laughter how bad it was...
    What can I say? I was a Scientologist at that time, so I liked the lyrics. If I were to hear the song now, I don't think I would like it.

In a mountain trapped by an eternal battery.

I do not remember the title. However, I remember a line from the song, it goes like this, "...Cannot even fantasize"

Just to elaborate, I'm pretty sure it was Gayle Moran singing in that style she used a bit with Mahavishnu. Corea was on piano and it was bathed in reverb.

I don't think it was ever released (although I may be corrected on that)

Probably, I didn't use the main entrance. The entrance that I used was next to the shower room, we used to take shower there. I was looking for the classrooms mostly.
    Thanks, that makes sense. Now that you mention it, regular staff and EPF were discouraged from using the main entrance. Do you remember if it was one of the basement entrances? It may not have seemed like the basement to you, because the building is cut into the ground on more than one level. One of the basement entrances, the one nearest the old child care center, only has about two steps down and it is near the parking lot, then it goes into a narrow hallway. There were some showers down there, maybe even separate old male and female group showers from the days it had a pool and spa. I had an office down in the basement for about a year and usually entered or left through the basement door to go back and forth to the complex. We had a shower in the office so I never went looking for any others.

Those basement walls are/were bare of design and plain. I could imagine them decorated with stupid hand-painted children's pictures by L Ron.
    "Looking back on it I think I got these gains only because the processing made me self reflect and try to repair the damage done by it. So I made gains in spite of Scientology not because of it. It's better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you are not."

- Cleared Cannibal

14. Thanks Demented Hubbatd says "thank you" for this post

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Xenu View Post
    Just to elaborate, I'm pretty sure it was Gayle Moran singing in that style she used a bit with Mahavishnu. Corea was on piano and it was bathed in reverb.

I don't think it was ever released (although I may be corrected on that)
    About 8 years ago I found a copy of the soundtrack to 'Battlefield Earth' in a charity shop and bought it for about 50p. I've just checked and there are three songs on it that feature both Moran and Corea together, but none of them has the lyric '...cannot even fantasize.' The LP is in mint condition and I've never played it.
    To err is human, to purr is feline - Alexander Pope

16. Thanks Lord Xenu says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Lord Xenu liked this post

I've got the Mission Earth CD and can't see the "fantasize" lyrics anywhere on there.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast