Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Info on courses like "Happiness Rundown", "ARC Straightwire", "Objectives"

Question Info on courses like "Happiness Rundown", "ARC Straightwire", "Objectives"

Hi. I'm educating myself more on the Scientology world, and I'm specifically looking into the details of these 'programs' Scienos partake in to move up that "Bridge". I've been searching online all the courses they normally take on the "Bridge" but there's either a)a lot of confusing info or b)not enough info (that I could find).

i think ex-scientologists can clear up the deets on these courses or levels - what each of their purpose is and what a Scieno is asked to do//think/say (the most notable things). I'm particularly interested to know which of the courses promote any homosexuality intolerance/disapproval in their 'sessions', in whatever capacity.

The courses in question are:
    "Objectives", "Happiness Rundown", "Route to Infinity Course", "ARC Straightwire Auditing", "Personal Values and Integrity", "Interiorization Rundown", "New Life Rundown", "New Era Dianetics", and the Grade Expanded levels.

Please let me know if there are other relevant courses.

2. Thanks WildKat says "thank you" for this post

Default Re: Info on courses like "Happiness Rundown", "ARC Straightwire", "Objectives"

I'm sure you will get a lot of varied answers but my own thoughts are that you are asking for a huge amount of information instead of breaking it down into a specific request. You are more or less asking us to explain scientology to you in a few words.

It would take someone many hundreds of hours to complete the courses you've mentioned and most scientologists probably wouldn't even do them because they are not required to go up the Bridge. Even if they have done them, it is impossible to summarise this subject of homosexuality in relation to the courses. It is in the fabric of the whole subject of scientology and not necessarily specifically mentioned in all of the courses.

Some scientologists hardly do any courses at all, they simply go up the processing side of the Bridge.

I'm not sure you even understand the difference between the two sides of the Bridge because some of the things you mentioned aren't "courses" they are auditing actions.

Sorry to be so vague but I think you are asking too big a question.

4. Thanks WildKat says "thank you" for this post
    Likes programmer_guy liked this post
    Gold Meritorious Patron WildKat's Avatar

Default Re: Info on courses like "Happiness Rundown", "ARC Straightwire", "Objectives"

What TE said. Ditto, in other words. Having said that......

I did several of the courses you mentioned and I don't recall anything about homosexuality in them.

If you want the official Hubbard take on that subject, you will have to get the book "Science of Survival" which details the Hubbard emotional tone scale, specifically the 1.1 band.

Hubbard arbitrarily assigned numbers to emotions, and "covert hostility" was assigned the 1.1 designation. He went on at length about how anyone at this zone was bent on destruction, and this included "sexual perverts" like homosexuals. He pretty well demonized them. No one wanted to be seen as a 1.1. There was no worse label, except out-and-out SP.

There are threads on this subject if you do the search.
    Dismayed and confused by terrorist attacks? Educate yourself and take action. https://www.theobjectivestandard.com...inst-the-west/

6. Thanks phenomanon, Amber62, ThetanExterior, Enthetan says "thank you" for this post
    Squirrel Extraordinaire Dulloldfart's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amber62 View Post
    Hi. I'm educating myself more on the Scientology world, and I'm specifically looking into the details of these 'programs' Scienos partake in to move up that "Bridge". I've been searching online all the courses they normally take on the "Bridge" but there's either a)a lot of confusing info or b)not enough info (that I could find).

i think ex-scientologists can clear up the deets on these courses or levels - what each of their purpose is and what a Scieno is asked to do//think/say (the most notable things). I'm particularly interested to know which of the courses promote any homosexuality intolerance/disapproval in their 'sessions', in whatever capacity.

"Objectives", "Happiness Rundown", "Route to Infinity Course", "ARC Straightwire Auditing", "Personal Values and Integrity", "Interiorization Rundown", "New Life Rundown", "New Era Dianetics", and the Grade Expanded levels.

The "Bridge" or Grade Chart is here (cult link):
    http://www.whatisscientology.org/htm.../pg0181_1.html

You need to understand what "auditing" is. An auditing session consists of an auditor (practitioner, counsellor [sort of]) and the person being audited (the "pre-clear" [sorry for that terminology but there is no suitable word in English: "client", "patient" etc don't fit]), and the procedures being used in the session. This is a vast body of information. Courses in Scientology are mainly involved with teaching students how to be auditors, at different levels of skill.

Getting into the details of any of these levels is a waste of time if you are missing a basic grounding of what Scn is all about, even at the public level without getting into the covert behind-the-scenes manipulations of staff and public that's been going on from the outset. With that said, Clearbird has a technically accurate, detailed rewrite of Scientology levels and procedures, both auditing and training, up to Clear on the Grade Chart:
    http://www.freezoneearth.org/Clearbi...2004/index.htm

I'm not a Scientologist any more, and am not recommending doing any of this, by the way.

Hubbard expresses intolerance of homosexuality in passing in books like the 1951 Science of Survival. It's really .0001% or something of Scientology.

Paul
    PaulsRobot Iconic now available for use at www.PaulsRobot2.com. With Auto-Report. Video here. Introductory post here. Debug post here. Dipoles post here.

8. Thanks Amber62, tesseract says "thank you" for this post
    Likes programmer_guy, tesseract liked this post
    Gold Meritorious Patron Churchill's Avatar

Nora Crest has written and spoken out about the abuse she experienced as a gay woman in Scientology.
    You can easily get information about Scientology's intolerance of gay people using Google.
    -Len Zinberg

You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid
    the consequences of avoiding reality.

www.xenu.net

www.tonyortega.org

Patron with Honors

You'd have to ask someone here who is more trained than I was, or perhaps with a better memory -- on which courses reading Science of Survival was part of the course (checksheet), as well as which lectures Hubbard has made various points about gay people, not just where they are on the tone scale, but how their purposes are counter-intention to survival because of their assumed decision of not wanting to procreate. I know that was at least one point he has made. Therefore, they have covert intentions toward creation and survival on some level. That was the way it was drilled into my head in order for me to feel shame and stop thinking about my own gay proclivities. I also remember having to clay table what vectors were in regards to intentions.

Years later, oddly enough, or maybe not so odd, when I did ARC Straightwire, I remember feeling great afterward. In fact, my auditor and I had planned on going straight on through, up the Grades after lunch, but I was still riding high in some kind of euphoria and we couldn't audit for the rest of the day. My needle was floating all over the place. My main "cognition" there was that I loved and accepted EVERYONE as they were, and no one was essentially "broken" or "degraded." But I didn't quite word it that way to my auditor. I think I was feeling compassion and empathy and I had to word it within the cult jargon to move forward. I remember thinking that compassion and empathy weren't their strong suits and they (Hubbard) were only interested in helping people that wanted to help themselves, but only if they had money. Otherwise they were degraded. From there on out, whatever I got from Scientology turned inward and personal, and it always came with something shady and inhumane or wrong about them.

11. Thanks Amber62 says "thank you" for this post

If a person is homosexual it's viewed as an aberration, first, and wouldn't necessarily be commented on so as not to evaluate or invalidate a "case". Later, after the person was fully indoctrinated and "in" it would be a case manifestation that may need to be "handled" with "tech", auditing, word clearing, etc.. Still later it would become an "ethics" issue with a gradient scale of punishment directed at the practise/person culminating in expulsion, blows and/or declares.

None of the things you listed have any specific address to sexuality, homo or otherwise, that I remember.

If so it certainly wasn't a salient point or I would remember it.

TWTH stresses faithfulness but I don't think it yaps about sexuality. It's a hook, afterall, and not a hammer. The hammers come later after the money is squeezed out.
    "Religion is free; Scientology is neither."

"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face forever." - George Orwell, 1984

"L. Ron Hubbard is the cult leader for the crime that is Scientology." - Cleverbot

"And while we're at it I might as well toss this in for a good laugh. We were doing a lot of "research" on Rockslams at that time and one of the Hubbard thing's rockslamming items was...(oh you're going to love this)...'unlimited wealth'" - Mystic

13. Thanks Amber62 says "thank you" for this post

I'm with the others on this. But I will say this: Scientology has courses and it has other stuff-namely "auditing" which is their "counseling". Most of the things you name above are not courses. They are auditing programs. The one exception being Personal Values Aand Integrity. That one's a course.
    I do not have a sig line.

15. Thanks Amber62, Dulloldfart says "thank you" for this post

Obectives - Hypnotism and Hallucninations - give you that POP, BAM - POW. Happiness Rundown - Brush your teeth and don't STEAL unless it is for Scientology. Route to Infinity - bullshit - did it and have no recall....Straightwire - thought stopping proocesses,.. Personal Values and Integrity - You get yours in whilst the Organization fucks with you head and punishes you for everything wrong you did and takes credit for anything you do right. Int Rundown - more smoke and mirrors - you will get sick because Scientology is going to change your identity and turn you into a Robot...that is painful...you will feel like you are dying - so Hubbs made up this shit to convince you it is something else. New Life Rundown - regraded shit you already did. New Era Diamental - go crazy on this one,..,..Grades - mind control shit where you may have some value obtained but you will lose abilities and skills for sure - guaranteed!

Ob

17. Thanks Jump, Enthetan says "thank you" for this post
    Crusader

In response to your first paragraph:

Back in 2007 something known as The Basics came out. Here is an explanation of it and I can verify the truthfulness of this reporting by The Tampa Bay Times as I was a member at the time and experienced it, go to part two of the first link:

http://www.tampabay.com/specials/200...ct/part9.shtml

http://www.tampabay.com/news/sciento...shes-a/1201177

http://www.tampabay.com/news/sciento...-after/1201176

http://www.tampabay.com/specials/200...-documents.pdf

http://www.tampabay.com/specials/200...ent-marion.pdf

http://www.tampabay.com/specials/200...nt-balance.pdf

http://www.tampabay.com/specials/200...ion-letter.pdf

http://www.tampabay.com/news/sciento...series/1201174

http://www.tampabay.com/news/sciento...rupted/1201187

http://www.tampabay.com/news/sciento...basics/1201186

As far as what happened to Marion (see links 3-7), a similar thing happened to myself & spouse, we ended up with several sets of The Basics ( a complete library of all the books and lectures). Magically money was found on our accounts and debited and the books/lectures sent to us.

from link two:

"Standing before a 20-foot-high display of book and CD covers, Miscavige announced the release of the improved scriptures — 18 volumes of books and 280 digitally enhanced lectures called "The Basics."
    Back then, all staff and public were ordered to do The Basics, they had to drop any course or auditing they were on, do the The Basics which also consisted of courses in the course rooms of each scientology organization and including Sea Org. Staff got it for free, public paid for it. In the grand scheme of things, we are talking millions of dollars the Scientology raked in. Staff were given a time target to complete all 18 books and 280 lectures, I forget the time target, maybe something like 6 months. Public no time target per se.

I managed to escape the "go on course and do The Basics" pitch for 4 years. My excuse was I read a complete library of 1987, and it's true I did, and I'm glad you guys are catching up to me. But, they finally got to me in 2010 and I started rereading all the books and lectures since they were updated. In 2012 I got the Debbie Cook email and rest is history.

In a nutshell, anybody doing The Basics slowly becomes indoctrinated (brainwashed) into being a scientologist and believing in the never never land or an imaginary utopian place or situation.

What I mean by "anybody" is a person who does not know critical thinking, rhetoric and scientific method firmly in hand. But if you do know those things or somewhat, why you will be weeded out in the beginning thru Hubbard's PTS/A-J technology as all new people have to get PTS/A-J checked. I'll let somebody else explain that one.

They still push The Basics on anybody they recover or new folks who have "see the light".
    Last edited by Gib; 7th May 2017 at 02:25 AM.

19. Thanks Amber62 says "thank you" for this post
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast