Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Info on courses like "Happiness Rundown", "ARC Straightwire", "Objectives"

Default Re: Info on courses like "Happiness Rundown", "ARC Straightwire", "Objectives"

Homosexuality was never a big issue to anyone when I was in. Unless they were untrained and had little session exposure. In fact, trained auditors know and recognize that everyone has been a homosexual at one point or another zillions of times on the whole track. Many people encounter such in session.

The only time I'd heard/seen concern voiced was when it was in present time and deemed to be interferring with case gain.

I personally know people who individually confided in me that Scientology had cured them of homosexuality. I also am aware of "failed cases" where it obviously didn't. You can conclude what you want but that's an honest answer.

That's been my experience.

PS This is not an endorsement for the whole track, Tech or Scientology.
    "Religion is free; Scientology is neither."

"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face forever." - George Orwell, 1984

"L. Ron Hubbard is the cult leader for the crime that is Scientology." - Cleverbot

"And while we're at it I might as well toss this in for a good laugh. We were doing a lot of "research" on Rockslams at that time and one of the Hubbard thing's rockslamming items was...(oh you're going to love this)...'unlimited wealth'" - Mystic

Crusader

Default Re: Info on courses like "Happiness Rundown", "ARC Straightwire", "Objectives"

Quote Originally Posted by Amber62 View Post
    You quoted someone else, but if you're asking me: as I said I'm interested in what happens in these courses, programs, auditing sessions - what each of their purpose is, what their process is, what is asked of the person, and I'm also interested in knowing if the disapproval of homosexuality manifests itself (through the excercises, questions, etc) in any of these or other programs.
    You have to understand, phenomenon, is one of the first involved from the 1950's, she's part of the Norn's that Hubbard tried to create.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norns

"The Norns (Old Norse: norn, plural: nornir) in Norse mythology[1] are female beings who rule the destiny of gods and men. They roughly correspond to other controllers of humans' destiny, the Fates, elsewhere in European mythology."

All auditors and people trained in or involved in scientology are Norns.

Squirrel Extraordinaire Dulloldfart's Avatar

As I understand, and correct me if I'm wrong, in ARC Straightwire a person talks about anything they may be upset about or a problem they may have as in any audit session, and then talks about any personal relationship problems and recalls positive memories that are significant to them.
    If you want, you can receive Expanded ARC Straightwire auditing (more or less), the whole level, free of charge, in your home whenever you want. It's a small part of PaulsRobot at www.paulsrobot3.com.

The ExpARCSW module starts here:
    http://www.paulsrobot3.com/scn/exparcsw/index.htm

The main options page lists (with links) all the processes on the level in sequence:
    http://www.paulsrobot3.com/scn/expar...in-options.htm

You should follow the instructions if you hope to replicate (to some extent) the genuine experience, especially with regard to sessionability (enough food, sleep, not under the influence, no distractions etc). Note that it can be hard to judge the value of a process from merely reading it, rather than running it for minutes or hours as applicable; having said that, some processes don't seem to do much even when run "properly" -- your mileage may vary.

The sessions tend to go better with the sound on, assuming you're on a desktop or laptop. PaulsRobot3 is hard to use on a mobile phone.

Paul
    Last edited by Dulloldfart; 9th May 2017 at 06:42 AM.
    PaulsRobot Iconic now available for use at www.PaulsRobot2.com. With Auto-Report. Video here. Introductory post here. Debug post here. Dipoles post here.

4. Likes castle70 liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Dulloldfart View Post

You should follow the instructions if you hope to replicate (to some extent) the genuine experience, especially with regard to sessionability (enough food, sleep, not under the influence, no distractions etc). Note that it can be hard to judge the value of a process from merely reading it, rather than running it for minutes or hours as applicable; having said that, some processes don't seem to do much even when run "properly" -- your mileage may vary.

Paul
    I'd read OT 2 materials before I actually audited the level.
    The materials were weird and had no particular effect.

When I actually solo audited them they hit me like a ton
    of bricks in a good way. It remains my favorite level in Scn.

Thank you for sharing this. Very helpful info.
    As I understand, and correct me if I'm wrong, in ARC Straightwire a person talks about anything they may be upset about or a problem they may have as in any audit session, and then talks about any personal relationship problems and recalls positive memories that are significant to them.

Btw, were all ex-scientologists here in the Sea Organization?
    You're welcome. I'm glad I can be of some help to someone, somewhere. That is a correct assessment of ARC Straightwire as I remember it, but I only really remember how I felt. Not so much how it was run. I'm sure Google can be of some use for that? Or someone in the FZ? Mostly I wanted to answer your question about the Exes on this forum being in the Sea Org that that is not the case. There are people of all breeds here: ex-Sea Org members, ex-members (public), never ins, lurkers (who knows), ex-cult members from different cults, psychologists, Scientology's Office of Special Affairs, the curious, and the list goes on.

You have a lot of questions and I haven't checked in on this thread in a while, so I should post this now (it's been open on my browser since last night) to see if you got a lot of your other questions answered. And also wanted to mention that there is also such a thing as being on staff without having to join the Sea Org too. It depended on the org.

Interesting thread BTW.

7. Thanks Amber62 says "thank you" for this post

Quote Originally Posted by Terril park View Post
    I'd read OT 2 materials before I actually audited the level.
    The materials were weird and had no particular effect.

When I actually solo audited them they hit me like a ton
    of bricks in a good way. It remains my favorite level in Scn.
    Hubbard was a hypnotist, and it's practically the definition of "Scientologist" that it's someone who is delighted to be zapped by L. Ron Hubbard.

Classic mind warping. The person has been convinced that he's on the Bridge to becoming Total Cause and, somehow, he'll get to Total Cause ("OT") by being total effect. "Zowie! My TA [Tone Arm of the E meter] is floating! Wow!"

Visit the Ex Scientologist Message Board web site for selected content from ESMB and more: http://exscn.net/

Quote Originally Posted by Veda View Post
    Hubbard was a hypnotist, and it's practically the definition of "Scientologist" that it's someone who is delighted to be zapped by L. Ron Hubbard.

Classic mind warping. The person has been convinced that he's on the Bridge to becoming Total Cause and, somehow, he'll get to Total Cause ("OT") by being total effect. "Zowie! My TA [Tone Arm of the E meter] is floating! Wow!"

Did you do OT 2&3 and get any gains from them?

I was effect of the auditing processes but note they were self administered. I am not a hypnotist.

But along the way I got lots of gains doing them.

Quote Originally Posted by guanoloco View Post
    When a person starts calling themselves a Scientologist and doing things like a Liability formula to the org for being late or insufficient sleep, etc. At that point there's a subconscious acceptance that they're there on the same terms as the rest of us in a win or die in the attempt of planet Clearing. That means the hooks are firmly set and the hammers can start being applied. You must realize that this occurs at a subliminal level where the crabs in the bucket recognize another crab, who now identifies as a crab, and the whole dysfunctional mess starts up.

The Bridge is formulated with the idea that every being (thetan) is waaay below body death on the Emotional Tone Scale. In fact, the 1965 Tone Scale defines death as being a body. That is to say that a spirit "dies" when it begins to identify itself as a body. It begins to BE a body instead of to HAVE a body.

With this in mind all case manifestations are generalized and the best way to handle things is to do the Bridge and raise the being up the Tone scale. It is expected that any and all aberrations finally lift from doing the major Bridge steps. Homosexuality is never specifically addressed.

Occasionally an aberration may be so problematic that it is considered as interferring with normal Bridge progress and would require specific address with things such as prep checking, sec checking, False Purpose Rundown (FPRD), etc.

If a person goes up the Bridge they are expected to emulate the case gain of this progress and this is when Ethics would get involved. There's a close action paralled in Qual where there might be "hatting" actions like False Data Stripping (FDS), cramming, Word Clearing (W/C), Exchange By Dynamics, etc.

Ethics also may play this role so that Ethics are applied only long enough to get a person in session so that Tech goes in, blah, blah, blah.

Ethics isn't supposed to resolve anything. Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on how one looks at it ) most staff don't know that. This means it's applied ever more forcefully as a hammer until the target is an enemy. Probably why most of us are here.

Everything above assumes the Tech works.

An astute observer might view it as a scam that over promises and cannot deliver. Once all the expensive things are done that thoroughly squeeze all of the money off of the mark then the goon squad is released to keep them quiet long enough so that the refund policy expires and then all of their dirty little secrets either blackmail them into a fade away silence or are published with broad exposure so as to do the maximum damage to their repute so that "those in good standing" can feel morally justified to drop them like a hot potato.
    Interesting, thanks. So I'm curious now, and this goes beyond the initial scope of the OP, but since the organization reportedly treats non-celebrities and celebrities differently, are celebrities required to do the same things as regular people are, such as you mentioned, "Liability formula to the org for being late or insufficient sleep"? How do you think the learning/practicing experience and auditing sessions of celebrities would be different, if so, from that of regular people? I would imagine, the reported abuses a number of people have been subjected to and the strict demands placed upon them is not the case with celebrities, or at least not to their level. I would think since celebs are public figures who rake in money and get media attention, that it would be in the organization's best interest to not force things on them, give them freedom, contrary to how they do with general public members.

Btw, thank you to everyone who's posted their experiences, insight, and resources. It has all been very informative.

Gold Meritorious Sponsor HelluvaHoax!'s Avatar

Interesting, thanks. So I'm curious now, and this goes beyond the initial scope of the OP, but since the organization reportedly treats non-celebrities and celebrities differently, are celebrities required to do the same things as regular people are, such as you mentioned, "Liability formula to the org for being late or insufficient sleep"? How do you think the learning/practicing experience and auditing sessions of celebrities would be different, if so, from that of regular people? I would imagine, the reported abuses a number of people have been subjected to and the strict demands placed upon them is not the case with celebrities, or at least not to their level. I would think since celebs are public figures who rake in money and get media attention, that it would be in the organization's best interest to not force things on them, give them freedom, contrary to how they do with general public members.

Btw, thank you to everyone who's posted their experiences, insight, and resources. It has all been very informative.

The algorithm by which Scientology treats Scientologists and Celebrities is based on a simple RISK/REWARD analysis.

Being a Scn celebrity, by itself, does not determine whether the harsh draconian punishments are levied or not. To wit, Leah Remini, a hugely successful TV actress. She didn't escape the cult's vengeful fair gaming. That's why she has her very own private "HATE WEBSITE" sponsored by the Church of Scientology. That's why she has PIs crawling through her garbage and stalking her.

Now, by contrast, Tom Cruise is directly connected to an SP (Katie Holmes) who publicly blew Scientology and disgraced their mega-messianic-moviestar.

What's the difference, one might wonder. . .

ANSWER: Applying Fair Game to Leah doesn't cost the cult much, they calculated. And it sets a scary example (celebrity on a pike) for any other celebs who think they are going to escape without all their most intimate secrets being revealed. As usual, Scientology used Scientology math. Bad idea! LOL

ANSWER: Letting Tom Cruise "off the hook" for being connected to an SP is an easy decision. No parishioner would dare complain, lest they be fair gamed. All is "FAIR" in love and fair game. How about when Cruise blew for a good number of years, was disaffected and avoiding COB's calls? No problem. Just assign the COS's #2 elite executive (Marty Rathbun) full time to "recover" Tom, the modern moviestar Meitreya. If he had been a "normal" Scientologist, he would have been ORDERED TO REPORT TO ETHICS, after which he would have been assigned lower conditions with a hefty "amends project" for betraying Ron and trying to sabotage planetary clearing. But Tom doesn't get "standard ethics", even though KSW (Keeping Scientology Working Policy) says he is supposedly "...here on the same terms as the rest of us."

Have I mentioned recently that Scientology lies, cheats and does whatever else they think they can get away with?

Scientology literally saved my life! Without Ron's books I would have frozen to death!!! (see avatar)

Scientology in one word? HelluvaHoax!

I never felt as free as when I freed myself from "Total Freedom".

For offended Scientologists reading this blasphemy about L. Ron Hubbard---my apologies for talking about real life without lying to you, like Scientology, with goo-goo theta-talk. I know you don't have a floating needle right now. You're not supposed to.

12. Thanks guanoloco says "thank you" for this post
    Likes fastzrex, Operating DB, Dulloldfart liked this post

Leah began her Scientology career as a staff member...the lowest you can go.

Tom began his as a movie staaaah.

She gets the Standard Tech.

He gets the Double Standard Tech.
    "Religion is free; Scientology is neither."

"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face forever." - George Orwell, 1984

"L. Ron Hubbard is the cult leader for the crime that is Scientology." - Cleverbot

"And while we're at it I might as well toss this in for a good laugh. We were doing a lot of "research" on Rockslams at that time and one of the Hubbard thing's rockslamming items was...(oh you're going to love this)...'unlimited wealth'" - Mystic

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast