Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: The Tone Scale: How Valid Is It?

Default Re: The Tone Scale: How Valid Is It?

Quote Originally Posted by JustSheila View Post

The woodpecker was uptone, in action, so he couldn't possibly be destructive to the base, right? Or the ants and other insect critters who were so busy eating it from the bottom up. Anyway, wrist needs a break so no more typing today after this. Does that mean I'm downtone or PTS to big, gorgeous, stunning woodpeckers?

I don't think you either are PTS or downtone..but you should be given a handling to spot why and how you pulled it in...
    The tree, unfortunately, is in a degraded state

Quote Originally Posted by JustSheila View Post

Actually, it was a remarkable challenge and experience. When I finally found a way to get high enough with the equipment I have and no longer as flexible, lightweight or young as years past, it felt great. The frustration of physical and equipment limitations dissipated and I looked out from the treetop to sunny, panoramic hillside views and no longer felt afraid I'd fall or intimidated. I saw and accepted the entire scenario, including my human limitations.

There is no emotion to describe how I feel, I never felt like this before. It's an integrated love, acceptance and understanding of self, flaws and all, exactly as I am - the overcoming of some sort of life crisis. Just wanted to share that before taking a little break from typing.

I'll chat again with y'all in a few days. Bye for now.
    Is this your tree ???
    When wood pecker do such a jod to a tree..it's because the tree is very ill (bugs infested though)
    So yes..the woodpecker did alert you the tree was going to be a hazard for the house and wires.

(hopefuly you are very prudent Sheila..those jobs nears electric wired must be done by professionals though...take care. We know you can make things go right..but it's hazardous around there cutting trees )

Actually I would say (according to my favorite kids tone scale)

that both of you (woddpecker and you) are very determined and resolute.

Good luck and good recovery (we are not young chicks anymore..but still trying though )

2. Thanks Glenda says "thank you" for this post
    Likes I told you I was trouble liked this post
    LOL! I told you I was trouble laughed at this post

Oh good lord. *sigh*

Re: The Tone Scale: How Valid Is It?
    Hey, guess what, it isn't 'valid' except to highly obsessed and gullible people following crap from a horrible human who is has baffled/conned you.

Get over it, its crap, dumb, and pointless outside the Hubbard long-con.

'Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. I am not afraid.'
    Marcus Aurelius

THE BIG LIST of EX'S who have Spoken Out fx'd

4. Thanks AngeloV, Glenda says "thank you" for this post
    Likes lotus, I told you I was trouble liked this post
    Patron Meritorious

https://scholar.google.com/scholar?q=emotions

Scientology is pseudo science, fake news, a dictatorship let it go and find real scientific academic collaborative channels to fill your curiosities, wog tech is far superior even Scientology proves that, emeters are they made by sea org or OTs? No that's outsourced to China lol. The lawyers and private investigators are all wogs, tech (computer) consultants pr consultants, all wogs, Scientology staff don't go up the bridge they join as wogs and work as wogs most their life very few go clear or ot, if Scientology made you more efficient they would have staff get up the bridge before posting into production

Here's Hubbard's approach to every subject in a nutshell

In his head... "I'm the source of all! I'm the only source, I'm the biggest thetan! I'm immortal and all knowing! Humans must be destroyed and turned into scientologists! I will make them all my minions I'm God I'm Buddha I'm the anti christ"

In every lecture on any subject... "I was over in _____ studying_____ and they were having a hell of a time with ______ so I figured I might as well apply Scientology to this and what do you know!? I traced the subject back to ______ and of course he had it all wrong so I had to fix it and straightened it all out and now it's all taped up and this became this new process ______ and I almost killed myself doing it but I came through in the end, nobody else ever did this, just me but we won't get into why"

(So stop thinking about _____ just pay me for process ______)

Thought stoppers, and you're not supposed to discuss the subject any further that's verbal tech and you might find out he was wrong or come up with something better and he can't have that!

Good thing wogs don't have a policy like ksw and verbal tech or squirreling or there would be no science

They don't have a color emotions chart with Smiley's for the crib yet but I'm sure if you do some searching they have better information than Hubbard on the subject without the thought stopping cult ties

Like Brian Culkin said, Hubbard made complex subjects digestible for the layman. But to what end? No good

6. Thanks Dulloldfart says "thank you" for this post
    LOL! TheOriginalBigBlue laughed at this post
    Silver Meritorious Patron Elronius of Marcabia's Avatar

It's about a 1 or 2 on scale of 1 to 10 Paul and only has use within the self referential
    works of Hubbard and his sham Dianetics and Scientology.
    Of course thats my opinion from the lowest of possible emotional position on the scale
    being totally apathetic about the entire subject and whobird and his pseudo piece of shit
    so called science I really can't be arsed to care much yawn and although I am conservative
    in my opinions most of the time .

I am still yet enthusiatic about the topic and acutely aware of my chronic disdain for all
    things Whobardian

Likely due too a fatal flaw in my character or maybe just a wee bit
    of compasion for the poor lowly downscale chronically positioned wogs db's and sp's with
    unsolvable cases who get stamped with the Whobardian nonsense.

Valid ? who really gives shit unless your out to solve a "Case" make a "Clear OTea"

Trying to find one scrap of value out of Hubbards ramblings is like digging through
    a pile of shit to find a kernel of corn for nourishmnet.

Yeah you can but not sure if its wise or wanted
    And what do you call it when a condescending asshole walks in and starts preaching from
    the delusional works of an even bigger asshole ?
    "Standard Scientology"

8. Thanks Ogsonofgroo says "thank you" for this post

Quote Originally Posted by Elronius of Marcabia View Post
    Of course thats my opinion from the lowest of possible emotional position on the scale
    being totally apathetic about the entire subject
    Oh

It's sad that you are such close to death ????

Quote Originally Posted by Elronius of Marcabia View Post
    Trying to find one scrap of value out of Hubbards ramblings is like digging through
    a pile of shit to find a kernel of corn for nourishmnet.
    What you said

Gold Meritorious Patron TheOriginalBigBlue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by arcxcauseblows View Post
    https://scholar.google.com/scholar?q=emotions

Scientology is pseudo science, fake news, a dictatorship let it go and find real scientific academic collaborative channels to fill your curiosities, wog tech is far superior even Scientology proves that, emeters are they made by sea org or OTs? No that's outsourced to China lol. The lawyers and private investigators are all wogs, tech (computer) consultants pr consultants, all wogs, Scientology staff don't go up the bridge they join as wogs and work as wogs most their life very few go clear or ot, if Scientology made you more efficient they would have staff get up the bridge before posting into production

Here's Hubbard's approach to every subject in a nutshell

In his head... "I'm the source of all! I'm the only source, I'm the biggest thetan! I'm immortal and all knowing! Humans must be destroyed and turned into scientologists! I will make them all my minions I'm God I'm Buddha I'm the anti christ"

In every lecture on any subject... "I was over in _____ studying_____ and they were having a hell of a time with ______ so I figured I might as well apply Scientology to this and what do you know!? I traced the subject back to ______ and of course he had it all wrong so I had to fix it and straightened it all out and now it's all taped up and this became this new process ______ and I almost killed myself doing it but I came through in the end, nobody else ever did this, just me but we won't get into why"

(So stop thinking about _____ just pay me for process ______)

Thought stoppers, and you're not supposed to discuss the subject any further that's verbal tech and you might find out he was wrong or come up with something better and he can't have that!

Good thing wogs don't have a policy like ksw and verbal tech or squirreling or there would be no science

They don't have a color emotions chart with Smiley's for the crib yet but I'm sure if you do some searching they have better information than Hubbard on the subject without the thought stopping cult ties

Like Brian Culkin said, Hubbard made complex subjects digestible for the layman. But to what end? No good
    You certainly got the bloviation patter down cold! LOL!

And let's include Architects and Construction Contractors to the list of essential wog outsourcing. Seems they exceeded their in-house capabilities (read: EPF & RPF) long ago.

Hmm... a tone scale devised by a person who was tone deaf. How valid can that be?

Last edited by F.Bullbait; 13th May 2017 at 05:18 PM.
    "Go to heaven for the climate and hell for the company." –Mark Twain

"Religion and theology must not be confounded. Religion is not doctrine, but a new birth." - R. Falckenberg History of Modern Philosophy (on German mysticism).

12. LOL! Cat's Squirrel laughed at this post

There was some discussion in this thread regarding multiple tones occurring simultaneously.

Here is LRH attempting to address the deficiencies of his simple tone scale.

http://www.matrixfiles.com/Scientology%20Materials/

(Look under 'Tapes in order' then 10th ACC to find the transcript.) (Hint - in this site, you have to scroll to the top of the web page you requested or sometimes you will see nothing)

“Every one of the emotional bands has every one of the emotions in it. Now, this is the part being the
    whole sort of a thing. Well, let's take boredom as an emotion and we find out there's the anger of
    boredom and there's the grief of boredom and so on.

Let's take apathy. This is one of the most remarkable things. There is a - an apathy of rage. Or a rage
    of apathy, and so forth. I mean, "Oh, I don't know what I'm going to do, but I could just kill somebody
    about this," you know? So we take each one of the emotions and we find out it has each one of the
    emotions in it.” .. 9th ACC Lecture, Elementary Material, Know to Mystery Scale, 7 January 1955

(Ya, the pdf file says 10th ACC, material says 9th ACC, eeany, meeny, myyny, mo...)

"Go to heaven for the climate and hell for the company." –Mark Twain

"Religion and theology must not be confounded. Religion is not doctrine, but a new birth." - R. Falckenberg History of Modern Philosophy (on German mysticism).

14. Thanks Cat's Squirrel, TheOriginalBigBlue says "thank you" for this post
    Patron with Honors

I do think there is some validity to the concept that we can get stuck on a "tone," and that we move from "tone" to "tone" as we talk and things happen and so on. But that doesn't take much intelligence to figure out. The idea of addressing someone a little more uptone than they are, is also a good common sense sort of thing. But the concept that we have one fixed scale of emotions, and that emotion X always comes after emotion Y in all situations, seems extremely implausible to me.

What I would like people to examine though (and I haven't read this thread in a while so it may have been discussed), is how the tone scale helps mold people into the Scientologist valence (personality type). If you honestly believe the tone scale is valid, and try to follow it, does that actually serve the purpose of making you more like a model Scientologist? Is that the whole point?
    Francois Tremblay
    Undercover agent for the Church of the Subgenius (Praise Bob)

16. Thanks Knows says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Knows liked this post

I just had a HUGE WOGNITION

Scientology is put together and held together by Wog Attorney's consulting a sociopathic leader (David Miscavige) on how to cover up his crimes and keep all of the money extorted and manipulated out of the unsuspecting victims who are unfortunate to cross $cientrickery's path.

The scum bag cock roach attorneys Keep Scientology Working. They make MILLION$ off of this and Slappy Miscavige gets to live his lavish lifestyle whilst he beats and abuses those that serve him.

I will say it again -

TRUST is NOT at the Top O the Tone Scale!~

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast