Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: $cientology: Photo Shopping to produce LIES and Hate Websites against critics

Gold Meritorious Sponsor HelluvaHoax!'s Avatar

Default Knowing it was hyp-KNOW-sis

Once I needed some usb charger cords for my iPhones. I looked online and found the best price on Amazon.

Being an exceedingly intelligent person & shrewd buyer, I noted that they had many HUNDREDS of customers and that the ad stated they were genuine APPLE charge cords. And, all that at the best price!

So I bought three (3).

To my utter amazement and shock, none of them worked!

So, I dove back into the Amazon listing, determined to figure out how I got scammed. I now noticed that the devices were "made in China" and that many customers complained that the chargers were NOT Apple! And even more disgruntled customers warned others that these cheapie counterfeits didn't even work, despite proudly displaying a fake Apple logo.

Being an exceedingly intelligent person & shrewd buyer, I quickly and scientifically concluded that I had been hypnotized.

There is no other possible explanation.

Because I am an exceedingly intelligent person & shrewd buyer.

Last edited by HelluvaHoax!; 3rd August 2017 at 03:22 AM.

Scientology literally saved my life! Without Ron's books I would have frozen to death!!! (see avatar)

Scientology in one word? HelluvaHoax!

I never felt as free as when I freed myself from "Total Freedom".

For offended Scientologists reading this blasphemy about L. Ron Hubbard---my apologies for talking about real life without lying to you, like Scientology, with goo-goo theta-talk. I know you don't have a floating needle right now. You're not supposed to.

Default Re: $cientology: Photo Shopping to produce LIES and Hate Websites against critics

Quote Originally Posted by Free Being Me View Post
    I agree, I've never bought into the argument that everything in $cientology is hypnosis or hypnotic inducing. I bang my head on my keyboard when someone uses that blanket generality. Cults and $cientology in particular use a variety of manipulative methodologies honed over time playing on people's beliefs and emotions keeping them inside a cult bubble.

WW2 Treatment Documentary

Someone started a thread posting this video a few years ago (I don't recall who) so I apologize for not giving credit where credit is due. This video is shot at a U.S. Army WW2 Veteran's Hospital depicting mental health treatments of soldiers being treated with psycho-hypnosis-therapy and heavy duty hypnotic drugs, also known as abreaction therapy which is now discredited. This is weapons grade military quick fix band aid psychology not meant for the general public, emptying out the V.A. hospitals getting soldiers back into the civilian population by any means necessary.

Since Elcon spent time at a V.A. hospital, I think this is were Elcon got the idea and basis for his "auditing" mind-fuck tehk.
    This isn't stuff to play around with keeping mind a sociopath was getting into $cio's heads using and abusing his followers. The vid is almost an hour long, IMO well worth watching.
    I'm not knowledgeable about the history of Dianetics and/or the original sources from where Hubbard ripped it off, and to be honest, not that interested.

That said, I've seen many claim that Dianetics IS abreaction therapy. And abreaction therapy existed way before Hubbard began his "research" for Dianetics.

When I looked at three random links on the history of abreaction therapy I saw that it was common to administer it to people under hypnosis.
    These are the links I looked at which state that:
    http://www.theprimalmind.com/?p=278
    https://uncch.pure.elsevier.com/en/p...ic-abreactions
    https://www.verywell.com/understandi...action-1065382

An excerpt from the 3'rd link: (emphasis added - turned text red)
    History of Abreaction in Therapy

Abreaction, along with its counterpart catharsis, which refers to emotional release, were first discussed at length by Sigmund Freud and Josef Breuer in their early studies on psychoanalysis.They put a significant amount of emphasis on the importance of the abreaction and catharsis, but after more study, they realized that simply expressing and/or reliving painful emotions is not all that is needed to achieve recovery, particularly for trauma survivors.

This emphasis on achieving catharsis through abreaction carried on through World Wars I and II through trauma therapists who used hypnosis and chemically-induced techniques to create abreactions.

Some did realize the importance of helping trauma survivors do more than just deal with their emotions.
    So, IF Dianetics is in fact abreaction therapy which commonly included the use of hypnosis, and a professional hypnotist did recognize Dianetics as Hypnosis (back in 1952), and we know for a fact that Hubbard had studied hypnosis, I don't see it as much of a stretch to suspect that he incorporated some hypnotic techniques in his Dianetics book.

I agree with you in that Hubbard used a variety of manipulative methodologies to achieve his purposes. While I'm going to look deeper into the hypnosis issue, so far the evidence imo is pointing towards finding him guilty of using it, at least with the Book I Dianetics type auditing. I'd be interested in hearing from other hypnotists who have read DMSMH to get their opinion on it.

Default Re: $cientology: Photo Shopping to produce LIES and Hate Websites against critics

Quote Originally Posted by I told you I was trouble View Post

If every scientologist followed the same cult trajectory I may be less likely to laugh at the idea that we were all hypnotised ... but they don't. About the only thing every scientologist has in common is the initial love bombing they receive closely followed by disrespect and a degree of introversion and stress and I doubt any of that is hypnotic.

I also don't understand what part of scientology is meant to be hypnotic but assume auditing and perhaps the TR's would be at the top of the list ... but if that's true what was used to hypnotise the many, many staff who are (or once were) pulled off the street and failed to do a single step on the bridge, often for years ... yet apparently remain 'hypnotised'?

I'm not saying hubbard wouldn't have tried to incorporate it into his cunning plan (I realise he studied hypnotism).

I believe it was fear and anxiety (some real but most completely irrational) that kept me on the cult hook for as long as it did because that's what was used to trap me in the first place (shortly after the love bombing, lol) and it was constantly (but often subtly) reinforced to keep me there and that has always been a huge part of the culture of scientology, used very deliberately to entrap.

I'd have to agree. The question you pose is actually the rabbit hole I went down. How is it some staff who never got auditing joined staff and even the Sea Org. My question to myself is how is this possible? What's the difference, what is the common denominator, why or how?

There are stories of those who made it all the way up the Bridge and joined staff, and those of stories who got little or no auditing and joined staff. Both stories including Class 5 Orgs as well as the Sea Org or even those inbetween. How is this possible? This doesn't seem possible we were all hypnotised. So what was it is my question to myself, and it being How or Why did people join or get involved?

Hence I went down the rabbit hole of researching:

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthrea...s-sicientology

4. Thanks I told you I was trouble says "thank you" for this post
    Suspended animation ... I told you I was trouble's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gib View Post
    I'd have to agree. The question you pose is actually the rabbit hole I went down. How is it some staff who never got auditing joined staff and even the Sea Org. My question to myself is how is this possible? What's the difference, what is the common denominator, why or how?

There are stories of those who made it all the way up the Bridge and joined staff, and those of stories who got little or no auditing and joined staff. Both stories including Class 5 Orgs as well as the Sea Org or even those inbetween. How is this possible? This doesn't seem possible we were all hypnotised. So what was it is my question to myself, and it being How or Why did people join or get involved?

I very much doubt if you will ever find a common denominator Gibby ... there may similarities among groups of us but simple "state of mind at the time" would probably be the main thing I'd be looking at if I really wanted to hang my hat on a specific reason. I certainly wouldn't be looking at IQ (high or low).

"I like pigs. Cats look down on you; dogs look up to you; but pigs treat you like an equal."

Sir Winston Churchill.

6. Thanks Gib says "thank you" for this post

Quote Originally Posted by Gib View Post

Yes, if auditing and TRs were a form of hypnosis then one would expect those who had the most auditing and training to be the most hypnotised. But it's usually the public who receive the most auditing and training on TRs etc yet they are usually the least susceptible to being ordered around.

I started with 50 hours of Dianetics auditing then had all of the Grades up to Clear then up to OTV with False Purpose Rundown, sec checks and many other auditing actions thrown in and when I wasn't in session I was in the courseroom doing major training on tech and admin but I consistently refused to join staff or the Sea Org despite being constantly under pressure to do so. If I was hypnotised I'd have done what they were trying to force me to do.

In my opinion it's mind control, not hypnosis. They teach you to behave in certain ways, shut yourself off from contrary ideas etc. I'd call that mind control.

8. Thanks Gib says "thank you" for this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123