Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: THE MUMMY - the upcoming TC vehicle -- anyone notice...

Default Re: THE MUMMY - the upcoming TC vehicle -- anyone notice...

Quote Originally Posted by Awesome Rob View Post
    For everyone keeping track at home, The Mummy is still a HUGE flop and the truth is starting to come out about Tom's heavy involvement in the film. He's turning into a parody of himself at this point.

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/th...se-1202465742/
    Great article, Rob. I had no idea Cruise had his fingers in so deeply... even supervising in the cutting room. ("Start!" "Flunk!" "That's it!" - sorry couldn't resist.)

I especially loved this quote by Universal (my bold):

Tom approaches every project with a level of commitment and dedication that is unmatched by most working in our business today,” the statement read. “He has been a true partner and creative collaborator, and his goal with any project he works on is to provide audiences with a truly cinematic moviegoing experience.
    Boy howdy.
    But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.
    -Friedrich Nietzsche

2. Likes Leland, TheOriginalBigBlue liked this post
    Gold Meritorious Patron TheOriginalBigBlue's Avatar

Default Re: THE MUMMY - the upcoming TC vehicle -- anyone notice...

Quote Originally Posted by hummingbird View Post
    Great article, Rob. I had no idea Cruise had his fingers in so deeply... even supervising in the cutting room. ("Start!" "Flunk!" "That's it!" - sorry couldn't resist.)

I especially loved this quote by Universal (my bold):

Boy howdy.
    Oh, this doesn't sound good. Wonder if they used the same guys who shoop Church Ideal Org opening ceremony pix with virtual confetti?
    _____
    "Universal knew that if it wanted “The Mummy” to compete against the likes of “Wonder Woman” and “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2” it needed every ounce of Cruise’s waning star power. As the studio scrambled to deal with weak tracking, it released a portrait in late May of Cruise with other actors from the Dark Universe franchise, including Depp and Javier Bardem (who will play Frankenstein). Yet the studio couldn’t even assemble all the actors in the room at the same time, and the image had to be Photoshopped. The Internet reaction to the last-ditch marketing effort was tepid at best. It was another reminder that the big names that once ruled Hollywood are inspiring a lot less love from audiences."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123