Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Was he Bipolar???

Default Re: Was he Bipolar???

We still have a lot to learn about the brain. Psychology and psychiatry are not exact sciences. Finding the right doctor can be a challenge. Iím of the opinion that most of our problems can be solved by talking to friends and family. They know us best and usually offer good advice. If you have some heavy stuff that you are having a tough time getting past, you might try talking to a counselor or psychologists. In extreme cases where drugs are needed, you visit a psychiatrists.

The difference between the real world and Scientology is that the real world is still evolving, accepting its mistakes and creating better solutions. Doctors make mistakes. People get put on the wrong drugs. Kids are misdiagnosed and put on drugs. But, most of the time, people are trying to help.

Dianetics does not produce Clears. Scientology does not make you a super being. The difference between Scientology and the imperfect world of psychology and psychiatry is that the second you pick up those cans you are subjecting yourself to mental conditioning with the primary purpose of turning you in to a good Scientology drone. Conversely, most mental health professionals would like to see their patients get better and live life in the real world.

Hubbardís problem with the mental health community seems obvious. He presented Dianetics to them, they rejected his findings, he got his feelings hurt and made them one of the top enemies of Scientology. If you look at Hubbardís life, one thing you recognize is that SOB could carry a grudge. Itís one quality he definitely passed along to Miscavige.

2. Thanks Type4_PTS, Lurker5, WhatWall says "thank you" for this post
    Likes dchoiceisalwaysrs liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by grey crane View Post
    We still have a lot to learn about the brain. Psychology and psychiatry are not exact sciences. Finding the right doctor can be a challenge. Iím of the opinion that most of our problems can be solved by talking to friends and family. They know us best and usually offer good advice. If you have some heavy stuff that you are having a tough time getting past, you might try talking to a counselor or psychologists. In extreme cases where drugs are needed, you visit a psychiatrists.
    I generally agree with this approach but I would recommend that people first go to their medical doctor and get tested for any nutritional deficiencies, as there are some mental issues that could stem from deficiencies, and IMO this should be routinely checked for first.

Nutrients (obviously) play a key role in how well our brains function, and deficiencies in Omega 3, Vit D, B Complex, Folate, Iron, Amino acids, etc, can cause us all kinds of problems. An iron deficiency for example can cause symptoms that feel similar to depression.

4. Likes WhatWall, Lurker5, dchoiceisalwaysrs liked this post
    Patron with Honors

Quote Originally Posted by grey crane View Post
    Bipolar and schizophrenia are closely related. I would say both of these scenarios are not definitively either one, but possible symptoms of both.
    You could add paranoia to the mix. In his letter to the Attorney General Hubbard wrote that his second wife, Sara, and two KGB agents tortured him by driving a needle through his heart and electrocuting him. A normal person would due during such torture, but Hubbard somehow survived.

As far as I know, people with bipolar disorder usually do not have paranoia.

I think that more precise diagnosis would be paranoid schizophrenia.
    LRH era un maricon miserable que tuvo el esposo, tal Xenu. LRH quise sentir la picha grande de Xenu adentro de su culo grososo i su boca maloliente. Antes de acto sexual, Xenu estaba gritando -- ! Voy a chingar mi retardo mental!

6. Thanks Lurker5 says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Tanchi liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Demented Hubbatd View Post
    As far as I know, people with bipolar disorder usually do not have paranoia.
    Paranoia is definitely a symptom of bipolar. Google "bipolar and paranoia" and you will get plenty of research confirming.

8. Thanks Little David, EZ Linus, Lurker5 says "thank you" for this post
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345