Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: The Final Days on the Apollo

  1. #1
    Patron with Honors
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Chandler, Oklahoma
    Posts
    169

    Default The Final Days on the Apollo

    Paul Kawaller, one of the last Sea Org members to stay with the ship till it was scrapped, has written his story of the last days of the Flag Ship, the Apollo. With his permission I have posted his story here - http://scientolipedia.org/info/Apollo

    A great story about Scientology's Sea Org adventure!

    Howard Dickman

  2. Thanks Gib, dchoiceisalwaysrs, Lurker5, Ogsonofgroo, TheOriginalBigBlue and 1 others says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Gib, TheOriginalBigBlue liked this post
  3. #2
    Patron Meritorious
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    763

    Default Re: The Final Days on the Apollo

    Thanks Howard!

  4. Likes SanDiegoMember liked this post
  5. #3
    Gold Meritorious Patron TheOriginalBigBlue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    2,128

    Default Re: The Final Days on the Apollo

    This quote says it all:

    "Eventually, we got about $125,000 for the ship. That was less than the cost of maintaining it for two years. This was particularly frustrating because it provided no direct benefit to the SO and we felt like we wasted two years."

  6. Thanks Gib, Lurker5, Enthetan says "thank you" for this post
    LOL! Enthetan laughed at this post
  7. #4

    Default Re: The Final Days on the Apollo

    Quote Originally Posted by TheOriginalBigBlue View Post
    This quote says it all:

    "Eventually, we got about $125,000 for the ship. That was less than the cost of maintaining it for two years. This was particularly frustrating because it provided no direct benefit to the SO and we felt like we wasted two years."
    One of the more frustrating things about staff/SO, is that your time is seen as "free" and thus not valued.
    “The man who does not value himself, cannot value anything or anyone.”
    ― Ayn Rand,

  8. Thanks Gib says "thank you" for this post
    Likes HelluvaHoax!, Gib liked this post
  9. #5
    Gold Meritorious Patron phenomanon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,533

    Default Re: The Final Days on the Apollo

    would someone please make the link so that one can just click on it?
    Was Paul a big boned blonde guy?

    tia
    phenomanon

  10. #6
    Comfortably Numb strativarius's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Blighty
    Posts
    4,131

    Default Re: The Final Days on the Apollo

    Quote Originally Posted by phenomanon View Post
    would someone please make the link so that one can just click on it?
    Here ya go Jana

    Jeez! Don't you remember anything I taught you!
    To err is human, to purr is feline - Alexander Pope

  11. Thanks dchoiceisalwaysrs says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Leland liked this post
    LOL! dchoiceisalwaysrs laughed at this post
  12. #7
    Gold Meritorious Patron phenomanon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,533

    Default Re: The Final Days on the Apollo

    Quote Originally Posted by strativarius View Post
    Here ya go Jana

    Jeez! Don't you remember anything I taught you!

    I get so distracted....
    phenomanon

  13. LOL! dchoiceisalwaysrs laughed at this post
  14. #8
    Gold Meritorious Sponsor HelluvaHoax!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    22,259

    Default Re: The Final Days on the Apollo

    .

    Originally Posted by TheOriginalBigBlue
    This quote says it all:

    "Eventually, we got about $125,000 for the ship. That was less than the cost of maintaining it for two years. This was particularly frustrating because it provided no direct benefit to the SO and we felt like we wasted two years."

    Quote Originally Posted by Enthetan View Post
    One of the more frustrating things about staff/SO, is that your time is seen as "free" and thus not valued.

    FINALLY!

    Wow! You have solved the riddle of the ages!

    Whoa! You are the first being in the universe to penetrate the unsolvable mystery at the center of all cosmic affairs.

    FINALLY!!!

    Now we finally know the meaning of: "The work was free."

    He wasn't talking about HIS work, he was talking about OURS.
    ________________________

    Scientology literally saved my life! Without Ron's books I would have frozen to death!!! (see avatar)

    Scientology in one word? HelluvaHoax!

    I never felt as free as when I freed myself from "Total Freedom".

    For offended Scientologists reading this blasphemy about L. Ron Hubbard---my apologies for talking about real life without lying to you, like Scientology, with goo-goo theta-talk. I know you don't have a floating needle right now. You're not supposed to.

  15. Thanks Gizmo, Gib, Jump says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Gizmo, Operating DB, Gib liked this post
    LOL! Churchill, Leland, Gizmo, RogerB, Enthetan and 3 others laughed at this post
  16. #9
    Gold Meritorious Patron
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,199

    Default Re: The Final Days on the Apollo

    Quote Originally Posted by SanDiegoMember View Post
    Paul Kawaller, one of the last Sea Org members to stay with the ship till it was scrapped, has written his story of the last days of the Flag Ship, the Apollo. With his permission I have posted his story here - http://scientolipedia.org/info/Apollo

    A great story about Scientology's Sea Org adventure!

    Howard Dickman
    Thanks Howard and Paul Kawaller.

    Any idea what was transpiring during the crew photo?

    I enjoyed the story. I wonder if the people in the Apollo crew photo could be identified, contacted and have them write some of their memories.

  17. #10
    Crusader Gib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    7,108

    Default Re: The Final Days on the Apollo

    Quote Originally Posted by HelluvaHoax! View Post
    .







    FINALLY!

    Wow! You have solved the riddle of the ages!

    Whoa! You are the first being in the universe to penetrate the unsolvable mystery at the center of all cosmic affairs.

    FINALLY!!!

    Now we finally know the meaning of: "The work was free."

    He wasn't talking about HIS work, he was talking about OURS.
    gotta love Hubbard's rhetoric to twist things around.

  18. Thanks HelluvaHoax! says "thank you" for this post
    Likes HelluvaHoax! liked this post
    LOL! Leland laughed at this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Final Days
    By Lohan2008 in forum General Scientology Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 17th December 2012, 07:36 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •