Page 1 of 106 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Marty Rathbun raises his head, and starts squawking

Default Marty Rathbun raises his head, and starts squawking

He does a video, called "Intro" without any additional commentary, and allows no comments on his blog or YouTube.

It is clear that he has capitulated. We have no idea who he is talking to, but certainly it looks well produced. I leave it to the viewer to speculate who is behind it.

2. Thanks Enthetan, Lord Xenu, Warrior, Lurker5, tesseract and 6 others says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Warrior liked this post
    WTF? Arthur Dent said WTF? to this post
    Tinfoil SweetnessandLight thought this post was tinfoily.
    Silver Meritorious Patron George Layton's Avatar

Default Re: Marty Rathbun raises his head, and starts squawking

Quote Originally Posted by skep View Post
    He does a video, called "Intro" without any additional commentary, and allows no comments on his blog or YouTube.

It is clear that he has capitulated. We have no idea who he is talking to, but certainly it looks well produced. I leave it to the viewer to speculate who is behind it.

Now all he has to do is realize that what he just conveyed is HIS narrative.
    Each time I spot hypocrisy, it turns around and points at me.

4. Thanks SweetnessandLight, Ogsonofgroo, Warrior, Knows says "thank you" for this post
    Likes AnonLover, Warrior, Free to shine liked this post
    LOL! Jump, Elronius of Marcabia, Lurker5, WildKat laughed at this post

I had to stop listening when he was blabbering about the "Anti Scientology CULT"

No - Marty - we are not in a cult.

But you were and maybe still are.

You can take the guy out of Scientology but you can't take the Scientology out of the guy.

Is Marty doing his A-J? I think he took the gag money buy out from the cult of Scientology. If he did - he is a traitor of the worst kind.

Marty was at the top of the cult - a celebrity - so to speak...and he became famous when he left the cult and spoke out...

We watched him "Go Clear"

He seems confused again

Marty is used to CONTROLLING us lower toned beings...ex members, attorneys and documentary producers etc...Marty was Mr Big Balls in Scientology. Now he sells shit at Flea Markets.. Not that there is anything wrong with that - but he is still wearing the Hat of Mr Big Balls and is pissed no one is "following his every word" like they did in the CULT.

Power Corrupts! Marty had power. He has no power now - like he did.

He simply has not gotten his way...

WTF is he blabbering about? Anyone know?
    Last edited by Knows; 7th June 2017 at 05:44 PM.

6. Thanks Warrior, WildKat says "thank you" for this post

Default VIDEO: Mark "Marty" Rathbun returns to address issue of Scientology.

VIDEO: Mark "Marty" Rathbun returns to address issue of Scientology.

This appears to be the first of a series for videos. Comments are closed.

Marty says a troika are: (1) the leaders of the Anti-Scientology Cult (ASC); (2) doing it for profit; and, thus, (3) are the only "farmers" of the ASC. Marty does not name them. He says each member of the Troika believes they are the leader.

Marty also that Going Clear: Scientology and the Prison of Belief, by Lawrence Wright and the subsequent documentary by Alex Gibney are the "Bible" of the ASC. Marty ends the video by saying that he will therefore address them first.

8. Thanks Warrior, Lurker5, tesseract, WildKat, Knows says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Warrior, Knows, Free to shine liked this post

Not very familiar with Marty Rathbun other than his appearance in videos, but this looks like one of three things to me.

1. He's got his panties in a wad.
    2. He's drinking the the Kool-Aid again.
    3. A combination of 1 and 2.

Or did he get a pocket full of cash and agree to do some videos?

10. Thanks Warrior, Knows says "thank you" for this post
    Likes johnAnchovie, Warrior, John McGhee, Knows liked this post
    LOL! Freeminds, Lurker5, WildKat laughed at this post

Damn it, I really regret I didn't post this thread first. And, no, not for some stupid competitive reason. I just prefer my thread title - "VIDEO: Mark "Marty" Rathbun returns to address issue of Scientology." More Googleable.

12. Thanks Jump, Warrior, Lurker5, tesseract, Knows says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Warrior, John McGhee, tesseract liked this post
    Patron Meritorious

Default Re: VIDEO: Mark "Marty" Rathbun returns to address issue of Scientology

Marty says Wright wrote GOING CLEAR for money. You mean he didn't write it to clear the planet and save mankind before it's too late?

Of course Wright wrote it for money. He's a professional writer and writes books for a living. If Marty had read Wright's previous books he'd see that Scientology is right down his alley. Being the meticulous researcher that he is, Wright selects projects which he finds interesting enough to spend months on, and that he thinks readers will find informative, fascinating and thought-provoking.

It is Scientology's line that anyone who is critical of the cult and writing about their experiences, or in the case of Leah, hosting a show about other people's experiences and that they are "just" doing it for the money. And everyone else, the people who read the books, blogs, or watch the shows, are in a cult now? That's silly.

What Tony writes on his blog may affect my thinking about Scientology but it doesn't control my life. I'm not going up any bridge to total freedom. It's just a really good place to find some damn good stories about the cult.

Calling GOING CLEAR the bible of the ASC is lame. Like most critics, I read GOING CLEAR once. I don't read it, or study it, or quote it regularly. I think it was a good book and a pleasure to read, but I think it would be an even better book for people who don't know a lot about Scientology to read. When I didn't know much about Scientology, Miller's book was the mind blower when I read it.

I guess Marty will get around to splaining how GOING CLEAR is a bible in later videos. If this is what Marty is being made to do by Scientology for something they gave him in return, well, that's about the only thing that makes sense.

What, now the video is gone? Marty made you delete it or was it someone in the troika?

14. Thanks Warrior, TexasLurker, Knows says "thank you" for this post

What's up with you Marty pounding sand with the OSA spawned "ASC" label? Methinks you've lost the plot. $cientology is the cult, you confused drama instigating drongo. What little credibility you earned among Ex's is flushing down the toilet fast with your repeated character smearing silliness. GTFO with your numpty flip-flop bullshit and get on with living life leaving decent folks alone. Ex's, Critics, and Whistle-blowers aren't the "enemy." End rant.
    War is Peace - Freedom is Slavery - Ignorance is Strength. George Orwell
    Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. Voltaire
    It is a truism that almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creed into law if it acquires the political power to do so. Robert A. Heinlein.

16. Thanks Ogsonofgroo, Warrior, phenomanon says "thank you" for this post
    LOL! Ogsonofgroo, WildKat laughed at this post
    Shiny Free Crusader Free to shine's Avatar

I'm glad it's a short video.

It's really obvious to me that someone has given him a 'conspiracy explanation' that soothes his soul and makes sense of whatever happened to him even if it's delusional.
    And he intends to make that conspiracy of "the big three" known. That is OSA 101.

He talks of "sheep" and Going Clear as the ex scientologist's "bible", what utter and complete crap that is. He negates any and every genuine account of what happened to other people in scientology and especially those accounts that date decades before the book.

What an evil thing scientology is that so warps a mind.
    My Story - Becoming Free to Shine
    QUOTE OF THE YEAR: "I wasn't aware that a documentary (on scientology) was coming out but I'll be sure to not watch it." A Scientologist

Wait! What? I'm still in a cult?

Awwww...that's bullshit. How's my post count look? Is it Thursday before 2?
    "Religion is free; Scientology is neither."

"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face forever." - George Orwell, 1984

"L. Ron Hubbard is the cult leader for the crime that is Scientology." - Cleverbot

"And while we're at it I might as well toss this in for a good laugh. We were doing a lot of "research" on Rockslams at that time and one of the Hubbard thing's rockslamming items was...(oh you're going to love this)...'unlimited wealth'" - Mystic

19. Likes johnAnchovie, Warrior liked this post
    LOL! solo, Jump, Freeminds, WhatWall, Edwardo and 9 others laughed at this post
Page 1 of 106 1234567891011 ... LastLast