Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 31 to 39 of 39

Thread: "Doubt" is your friend, not your enemy.

  1. #31
    Silver Meritorious Patron WhatWall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Heart of darkness
    Posts
    1,001

    Default Re: "Doubt" is your friend, not your enemy.

    Quote Originally Posted by NoIdea View Post
    Not true. But thanks for the generalization.
    Actually there's a bit of discussion amongst the followers of Islam about the meaning of certain Quran verses in regard to the shape of the earth, but most seem to have landed in the "round earth" camp: Reconciling between the view that the Earth is round and the verse “And Allah has made for you the earth wide spread (an expanse)” [Nooh 71:19]

    More relevant to this thread would be how Islam regards apostasy and doubt: What does Islam teach about apostasy?

    There are some pretty extreme statements in the Old Testament too that are no longer put into practice, so we could hope that the Islamic scriptures' extreme proscriptions regarding apostasy aren't aren't actually practiced. However, the annual Freedom of Thought report published by the International Humanist and Ethical Union found that 13 nations punish apostasy with the death penalty.

    BTW, doubt gets a big endorsement from me.
    “... and laws were most numerous when the state was most corrupt.” Publius Cornelius Tacitus, Annals Book 3

  2. Thanks JustSheila, tesseract says "thank you" for this post
    Likes tesseract liked this post
  3. #32
    Gold Meritorious Sponsor HelluvaHoax!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    21,947

    Default Re: "Doubt" is your friend, not your enemy.

    ..


    In fact, the "lower conditions"--that punish one for having any "doubt" or (gasp!) acting upon that doubt--are the perfect showcase for how to indoctrinate, overwhelm and implant a cult member's mind with unblinking certainty.

    Everything contained within the "lower ethics conditions" is a mirror-opposite and diabolical reversal of everything that is implied in the word "ethics". For example, if one is against the Fair Game felonies of "Operation Freakout" (that tried to drive Paulette Cooper insane, to suicide or to be framed/imprisoned for fake terrorist "bomb threats"), then one is assigned the lower condition of "ENEMY". To wit (in its fully realized Orwellian DoubleSpeak) the dystopian jingle would render as:

    MISANTHROPY IS HUMANITARIAN

    This makes sense to a Scientologist. It is the "greatest good" to commit outrageous and criminal human rights atrocities against innocent people because it helps/aids innocent people ("mankind") to become happy and achieve "total freedom". Ergo, Paulette Cooper (for merely voicing an opinion that differed from Hubbard's) should be murdered--it's humanitarian.

    There is, in my opinion, at least one (1) MISSING condition. Just above the condition of Doubt...

    LIABILITY

    CURIOUSITY

    DOUBT

    ENEMY

    TREASON

    CONFUSION

    Just the mere act of feeling or being "curious" is precisely what leads one down into the evil state of Doubt.

    Curiosity is, therefore, a gateway condition leading to full-blown SP status being declared against one--by those Ideal beings who have no Doubts.

    Curiosity is the proverbial "slippery slope" that makes a terminal feel is is okay to look at the Internet.

    CONCLUSION: Scientology seeks to vanquish and destroy mankind's noblest impulse that lead him out of the dark ages of slavery & barbarism--curiosity about the truth. That is also precisely why L. Ron Hubbard identified "man's deadliest disease" as "Q & A". Asking questions is anathema to true-believing OTs. Wondering is a "crime". If anyone has a question anything the infallible Dr. Hubbard said/wrote, they are promptly ordered to find what word they did not understand--and to auto-correct by 'hammering in' study tech on themselves. Scientology is the science of "knowing how to know" but one never dares to be inquisitive, wonder or be curious in order to "know" anything. One is simply expected to accept what Ron knows as their own glorious "knowingness". And now, patient readers, the piece de resistance! An unimaginably "unreasonable" axiom of fanatical Hubbardian DoubleThink--that actually exists within Scientology's "holy scripture".


    "KNOWLEDGE ITSELF IS CERTAINTY.
    KNOWLEDGE IS NOT DATA"
    L. Ron Hubbard


    Ergo, knowledge seekers, no need to waste time with the squirrel DevT of being curious and learning the facts/truth about any matter. One only need feel "certain" in order to perfect wisdom. Facts are therefore feelings. That's why "if it's true for you, it's true"--and other slick copywriting gimmicks to lure normal people into willingly allowing themselves to be driven insane by cult liars.
    ________________________

    Scientology literally saved my life! Without Ron's books I would have frozen to death!!! (see avatar)

    Scientology in one word? HelluvaHoax!

    I never felt as free as when I freed myself from "Total Freedom".

    For offended Scientologists reading this blasphemy about L. Ron Hubbard---my apologies for talking about real life without lying to you, like Scientology, with goo-goo theta-talk. I know you don't have a floating needle right now. You're not supposed to.

  4. Thanks JackStraw says "thank you" for this post
  5. #33

    Default Re: "Doubt" is your friend, not your enemy.

    Quote Originally Posted by NoIdea View Post
    Not true. But thanks for the generalization.
    Hmmmmm...coulda swore...maybe I'm confusing it with the batshit crazy that the sun revolves around the Earth...
    "Religion is free; Scientology is neither."

    "If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face — forever." - George Orwell, 1984

    "L. Ron Hubbard is the cult leader for the crime that is Scientology." - Cleverbot

    "And while we're at it I might as well toss this in for a good laugh. We were doing a lot of "research" on Rockslams at that time and one of the Hubbard thing's rockslamming items was...(oh you're going to love this)...'unlimited wealth'" - Mystic

  6. LOL! WhatWall, tesseract laughed at this post
  7. #34
    Patron with Honors tesseract's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    148

    Default Re: "Doubt" is your friend, not your enemy.

    Quote Originally Posted by guanoloco View Post
    Hmmmmm...coulda swore...maybe I'm confusing it with the batshit crazy that the sun revolves around the Earth...
    Plenty to pick from.

    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1436273005817.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	90.5 KB 
ID:	13565  
    EVIL GETS THINGS DONE

  8. Thanks guanoloco says "thank you" for this post
    Likes guanoloco liked this post
    LOL! guanoloco, HelluvaHoax! laughed at this post
  9. #35
    Gold Meritorious Patron AngeloV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,172

    Default Re: "Doubt" is your friend, not your enemy.

    Quote Originally Posted by tesseract View Post
    Plenty to pick from.

    LOL! Aren't those Imams idiots?

    And let's not forget the Christians who also have contributed significant 'scientific' knowledge especially the Institute for Creation Research. Here's what one of it's prominent leaders, John D. Morris, Ph.D. has to say about the earth being less than 10,000 years old:

    The main reason for believing in the young earth is that the earth is young! The Bible tells us so, and the weight of the scientific evidence points to a young earth.
    Thanks, John (he's a Doctor - he has a Ph.D!). That's 'scientific'!

    Oh, and there is one more very recent contribution in our Christian 'scientific' knowledge - brought to us by the Ark Encounter theme park in Williamstown, Kentucky. That's right, you can tour an actual size replica (measurements based on precise biblical dimensions in cubits) of Noah's ark! Go inside and see the cages and areas where Noah kept pairs of every land-dwelling and air-breathing animal on earth...even ones that went extinct since the flood! Be sure not to miss the cages where he kept the dinosaurs...its a real hoot!



    Thanks to these and many more Christian leaders, 40% of Americans answered FALSE to the following statement:
    "Human beings, as we know them, evolved from earlier species of animals".
    A.V.
    Ex-Sea Org
    "That's what it's all about...credit cards to total freedom!" -- Sparrow
    Scientology is a vacation from reality gone terribly wrong.
    Before you speak - listen
    Before you spend - earn
    Before you write - think
    Before you die - live

  10. Thanks guanoloco, tesseract, strativarius says "thank you" for this post
    Likes guanoloco, tesseract liked this post
    LOL! guanoloco laughed at this post
  11. #36
    Crusader RogerB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    7,449

    Default Re: "Doubt" is your friend, not your enemy.

    Quote Originally Posted by F.Bullbait View Post
    Interesting that betrayal is a lesser offense than having doubt. Also that one commits treason before having doubt, if I read this correctly.




    You read it correctly . . . but the Hubbs changed the whole line-up of the "Conditions" after that 1967 bit . . . the later version also added the condition of Confusion at the bottom . . .

    If I was really interested in this stupid shit, I'd get you the references . . . but why waste time with stupid shit!

    Rog
    Life is supposed to be enjoyed, Mate!

    Don't show me the money . . . give me the TRUTH!
    Visit: http://knowledgism-practice-group.org

  12. Thanks F.Bullbait says "thank you" for this post
    Likes JustSheila, WhatWall, F.Bullbait liked this post
  13. #37
    Oh, a wise guy,eh? F.Bullbait's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    926

    Default Re: "Doubt" is your friend, not your enemy.

    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    LOL! Aren't those Imams idiots?

    And let's not forget the Christians who also have contributed significant 'scientific' knowledge especially the Institute for Creation Research. Here's what one of it's prominent leaders, John D. Morris, Ph.D. has to say about the earth being less than 10,000 years old:



    Thanks, John (he's a Doctor - he has a Ph.D!). That's 'scientific'!

    Oh, and there is one more very recent contribution in our Christian 'scientific' knowledge - brought to us by the Ark Encounter theme park in Williamstown, Kentucky. That's right, you can tour an actual size replica (measurements based on precise biblical dimensions in cubits) of Noah's ark! Go inside and see the cages and areas where Noah kept pairs of every land-dwelling and air-breathing animal on earth...even ones that went extinct since the flood! Be sure not to miss the cages where he kept the dinosaurs...its a real hoot!



    Thanks to these and many more Christian leaders, 40% of Americans answered FALSE to the following statement:
    "Human beings, as we know them, evolved from earlier species of animals".

    One could start a thread "Stupid Things Said By Adherents of Every Religion" (including Science).

    That would be endless. Might beat the longest Marty thread.

    Or not.



    "Go to heaven for the climate and hell for the company." –Mark Twain

    "Religion and theology must not be confounded. Religion is not doctrine, but a new birth." - R. Falckenberg History of Modern Philosophy (on German mysticism).

  14. Thanks tesseract, guanoloco says "thank you" for this post
    Likes AngeloV, WhatWall, tesseract, guanoloco liked this post
  15. #38
    Patron Meritorious
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    902

    Default Re: "Doubt" is your friend, not your enemy.

    Quote Originally Posted by HelluvaHoax! View Post


    "KNOWLEDGE ITSELF IS CERTAINTY.
    KNOWLEDGE IS NOT DATA"
    L. Ron Hubbard


    Ergo, knowledge seekers, no need to waste time with the squirrel DevT of being curious and learning the facts/truth about any matter. One only need feel "certain" in order to perfect wisdom. Facts are therefore feelings. That's why "if it's true for you, it's true"--and other slick copywriting gimmicks to lure normal people into willingly allowing themselves to be driven insane by cult liars.
    I was going to mention this "definition" of Knowledge if no one else had.

    It seems to me to be one of the fundamentals of the mind attack of scn.

    Possibly the most sinister trick of the Hubbs was to get others to do the brainwashing for him, completely unaware of what they were doing! I mean the public registrars knew they were recruiting, "interesting" people in the subject, etc, but they were completely unaware that they were brainwashing people.

    Doctor Evil, indeed.

    Jack
    Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it.

    "You remember only about the brass ring
    You forget all about the golden rule"
    -Bob Dylan Gonna Change My Way of Thinking

    Every thing secret degenerates, even the administration of justice; nothing is safe that does not show how it can bear discussion and publicity.
    Lord Acton

  16. Thanks HelluvaHoax!, WhatWall says "thank you" for this post
  17. #39
    Gold Meritorious Patron phenomanon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,394

    Default Re: "Doubt" is your friend, not your enemy.

    Quote Originally Posted by JustSheila View Post


    There are parents looking for their children to forgive them.

    There are parents who never thought twice about the things they did wrong, or could have done better.

    There are those parents who insist they did everything right, but their kids are a mess.

    There are children whose parents did a terrible job but came out great and never bore a grudge.

    There are children whose parents did a wonderful job but never stopped criticizing them.

    There are children who just wander off on their own in the world, pretending they never had parents.




    But darling Pheno, it's a myth there were ever any parents who ever did everything right raising their children.

    Sheila,
    It's no myth that it "guilt trips" me.
    I know full well that I caused both my girls to feel unwanted.
    I see how the "granting them beingness" as "Thetans in small bodies" as a Belief System ( BS) enabled me to be "Self Determined".
    What a crock!

    I know, intellectually and by observation of others, that what you say is true.
    But , emotionally, I am "Blame, Shame, and Regret".
    They are Senior Citizens now. From the little I hear of Hilda, she has built a good life and is happy in Clearwater. Her older Sister and I stay in touch and she is OK in her home up in the mountains. They are both strong Women.
    So, it's OK. Thanks.
    phenomanon

  18. Thanks JustSheila says "thank you" for this post
    Likes JustSheila, Hypatia liked this post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Similar Threads

  1. OSA Investigations "Enemy" Point System Document
    By SweetnessandLight in forum Office of Special Affairs
    Replies: 73
    Last Post: 5th April 2015, 08:02 AM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 28th July 2013, 01:11 PM
  3. "The first REAL OT Level" enemy line?
    By The Oracle in forum Freezone, Independents, and Other Flavors of Scientology
    Replies: 195
    Last Post: 10th September 2007, 04:14 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •