Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "Doubt" is your friend, not your enemy.

Default Re: "Doubt" is your friend, not your enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by hummingbird View Post
    Decades ago, I read a book about a forged document that leaders of the LDS church in Utah were convinced to buy because they believed the con man when he said it was Joseph Smith's real work. It may have been Tracking the White Salamander: The story of Mark Hofmann, Murder and Forged Mormon Documents by Jerald Tanner. I still remember a quote in the book (not literally) that said that of course the elders in LDS were gullible to the con... to believe in their religion, they had to twist their minds to accept certain fables as fact anyway.

Scn'sts are not alone. It seems like there's a whole breed of folk who just need to believe in something, regardless of irrational it may be. For me, my involvement in the cult killed any ability I ever had (no matter how trace) to just believe.
    This is so true. Muslims believe the world is flat....SJWs believe in marginalization...every cult has these inanities.
    "Religion is free; Scientology is neither."

"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face — forever." - George Orwell, 1984

"L. Ron Hubbard is the cult leader for the crime that is Scientology." - Cleverbot

"And while we're at it I might as well toss this in for a good laugh. We were doing a lot of "research" on Rockslams at that time and one of the Hubbard thing's rockslamming items was...(oh you're going to love this)...'unlimited wealth'" - Mystic

2. Likes tesseract, WhatWall liked this post

Thanks for this post. It echos a lot of my own viewpoints in the years since I left Scientology. My motto is embrace doubt. Mistrust certainty. You know who has a lot of certainty? Suicide bombers, terrorists, serial killers, psychopaths. Doubt is healthy. Yes, doubt leads to uncertainty. So at some point you have to act on your best guess. But don't think you have to be certain to act. And don't make the mistake of becoming certain after you act in order to justify your acts.

4. Likes tesseract, phenomanon liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by guanoloco View Post
    Muslims believe the world is flat.
    Not true. But thanks for the generalization.

6. Likes phenomanon liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
    I remember being on the RPF in Celebrity Center in the 70s, and I was put in doubt, and I think we wore the rags.
    But, my memory is foggy.
    Yes . . . this being one of the many degrading alterations to what Hubbs actually wrote in his original. Only Liability dictated the rag thing . . .

What is to be noted on the cult's progress is that the tech continued to be altered to increase the degradation and punishment of members . . . . ummm, have youse not noticed that, while folks were supposed to be forgiven their transgressions . . . remember that little line used my "confessional auditors": by the power vested in me, you are hereby forgiven etc????

But do they? Hell no! As an organization, once labelled "whatever the flavor of the day is" it is forever held against you!!

R
    Life is supposed to be enjoyed, Mate!

Don't show me the money . . . give me the TRUTH!
    Visit: http://knowledgism-practice-group.org

8. Likes JustSheila liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by strativarius View Post
    Took me forever to post this! My sodding Firefox is broken with respect to imgur. Took me a while to figure that out.

Anyway...

Good post Stratie . . .

One thing to be noted here, however . . . the above issue is NOT of the "Formulas" . . . it is the original policy on PENALTIES , , , , the above are the Conditions assigned to you by "higher ups" when you are viewed as being in fault; and thus in need of penalties . . .

Ummm, can we see the effort to dominate and control and overwhelm that is in Hubbard's mind there?

What an idiotic nasty he was!

R
    Life is supposed to be enjoyed, Mate!

Don't show me the money . . . give me the TRUTH!
    Visit: http://knowledgism-practice-group.org

10. Thanks strativarius says "thank you" for this post

Quote Originally Posted by strativarius View Post
    Took me forever to post this! My sodding Firefox is broken with respect to imgur. Took me a while to figure that out.

Anyway...

Interesting that betrayal is a lesser offense than having doubt. Also that one commits treason before having doubt, if I read this correctly.

"Go to heaven for the climate and hell for the company." –Mark Twain

"Religion and theology must not be confounded. Religion is not doctrine, but a new birth." - R. Falckenberg History of Modern Philosophy (on German mysticism).

12. LOL! tesseract laughed at this post

DOUBT

"Religion and theology must not be confounded. Religion is not doctrine, but a new birth." - R. Falckenberg History of Modern Philosophy (on German mysticism).

14. Likes phenomanon liked this post
    LOL! phenomanon, JustSheila laughed at this post

Quote Originally Posted by F.Bullbait View Post
    Interesting that betrayal is a lesser offense than having doubt. Also that one commits treason before having doubt, if I read this correctly.

When I think about it, betrayal IS taken lightly by Scientologists.

Lots of promises to repay loans that were never repaid.

Lots of promises to perform actions that were never done.

Empty promises that were made when joining the Sea Org.

Promises of a better life that didn't happen.

Ya, lots of promises...

16. Likes JustSheila liked this post
    Gold Meritorious Patron phenomanon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RogerB View Post
    Yes . . . this being one of the many degrading alterations to what Hubbs actually wrote in his original. Only Liability dictated the rag thing . . .

What is to be noted on the cult's progress is that the tech continued to be altered to increase the degradation and punishment of members . . . . ummm, have youse not noticed that, while folks were supposed to be forgiven their transgressions . . . remember that little line used my "confessional auditors": by the power vested in me, you are hereby forgiven etc????

But do they? Hell no! As an organization, once labelled "whatever the flavor of the day is" it is forever held against you!!

R

All my transgressions were forgiven by all scn'ists.
    Except my daughter. It would be funny if not so hurtful.
    I forgave a lot of PCs for their Os & Ws and each time I did it, I hoped they wouldn't laugh in my face. I felt like a fool every time, but the PCs all seemed to get relief from it; Joy, even. Astounding to me that, as an Auditor, I had the power of forgiveness, and that PCs would grant me that power to forgive them. I didn't feel right about that auditing action. Delivering The Way To Happiness to OTs also chapped my butt. I thought that it was insulting to the "State of OT". I spot when I began to defect from the Tech. It was on the HRD Course. The undercutting was just too blatant.The only positive thing on there is the valence Shifting., and maybe the False data step, but both those HRD steps are couched among really Juvenile concepts. I didn't believe that Ron had written it. In that same time I had begun to see witholds on most Staff.
    Hindsight can really kick you in the ass.
    Joy that I am free. I feel good. Tra La La.
    phenomanon

18. Thanks JustSheila says "thank you" for this post
    Likes RogerB liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by phenomanon View Post
    All my transgressions were forgiven by all scn'ists.
    Except my daughter. It would be funny if not so hurtful.
    I forgave a lot of PCs for their Os & Ws and each time I did it, I hoped they wouldn't laugh in my face. I felt like a fool every time, but the PCs all seemed to get relief from it; Joy, even. Astounding to me that, as an Auditor, I had the power of forgiveness, and that PCs would grant me that power to forgive them. I didn't feel right about that auditing action. Delivering The Way To Happiness to OTs also chapped my butt. I thought that it was insulting to the "State of OT". I spot when I began to defect from the Tech. It was on the HRD Course. The undercutting was just too blatant.The only positive thing on there is the valence Shifting., and maybe the False data step, but both those HRD steps are couched among really Juvenile concepts. I didn't believe that Ron had written it. In that same time I had begun to see witholds on most Staff.
    Hindsight can really kick you in the ass.
    Joy that I am free. I feel good. Tra La La.

There are parents looking for their children to forgive them.

There are parents who never thought twice about the things they did wrong, or could have done better.

There are those parents who insist they did everything right, but their kids are a mess.

There are children whose parents did a terrible job but came out great and never bore a grudge.

There are children whose parents did a wonderful job but never stopped criticizing them.

There are children who just wander off on their own in the world, pretending they never had parents.

But darling Pheno, it's a myth there were ever any parents who ever did everything right raising their children.
    "Looking back on it I think I got these gains only because the processing made me self reflect and try to repair the damage done by it. So I made gains in spite of Scientology not because of it. It's better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you are not."

- Cleared Cannibal

20. Thanks phenomanon says "thank you" for this post
    Likes WhatWall, Lurker5 liked this post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast