Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Scientology Paradoxes nothing new

Default Re: Scientology Paradoxes nothing new

Quote Originally Posted by tesseract View Post
    I'm going to be blunt.
    Frankly I have trouble deciphering your posts, and it looks like I'm not the only one. For now I can't nail down a reason of why that is, aside from being relatively certain you're not trying to be intentionally confusing.
    I don't care whether or to which degree you're suffering from a disease of the mind or if simply English is not your native language while you're big with words and like complicated, convoluted sentences. The point is, it isn't my native language as well, and so maybe it's just all me. In any case your style would benefit from shorter, less convoluted sentences, for the native speakers as well. This is no doubt a solution to become more comprehensible instantly. Also, there seem to be a lot of words used slightly wrongly, like someone picked the wrong synonyme from a dictionary ... or actually has problems with the mind. In either case it often is the better solution to talk around a term and keep using terms with which you're more familiar. And never rely on Google translate etc. to get around your point.
    For now, regarding most of those sentences I hardly can see what you are trying to say unless maybe I breed for minutes over each sentence and what it might have meant. But the point is, this is tiresome and makes me just angry. (That simply comes from having tried too often to make sense of someone's stuff to then find out later they are intentionally confusing and/or insane.) Ultimately I have better things to do than that.
    I am sorry English is not my language. And the topics is somewhat complex. I just wrote down what I was thinking at the moment. I have no intention of being hard to understand or an expert in the topics, I was more thinking loud and wrote it down... in a complex topic. And then checking it by grammar control in MS word.

2. Thanks AnonyMary, tesseract, dchoiceisalwaysrs says "thank you" for this post
    Likes tesseract liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by dchoiceisalwaysrs View Post
    It is very difficult to track within your sentences. Are you also an expert?

As regards the parts I have underlined in your post you might consider the below quote.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissistic_supply

Psychoanalyst Otto Kernberg considered the malignant narcissistic criminal to be coldly characterised by a disregard of others unless they could be idealised as sources of narcissistic supply.[9] Self psychologist Heinz Kohut saw those with narcissistic personality disorder as disintegrating mentally when cut off from a regular source of narcissistic supply.[10] Those providing supply to such figures may be treated as if they are a part of the narcissist, in an eclipse of all personal boundaries.[11]

Am I supplying at least some of what you are asking for?
    Nice find, dchoice. I'm crossposting that to the MR thread.
    "Looking back on it I think I got these gains only because the processing made me self reflect and try to repair the damage done by it. So I made gains in spite of Scientology not because of it. It's better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you are not."

- Cleared Cannibal

4. Thanks dchoiceisalwaysrs, Lurker5 says "thank you" for this post
    Likes AnonyMary, Type4_PTS liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by programmer_guy View Post
    Are you wondering WHY the e-meter was originally designed and used?
    (I can provide my opinion if this is what you are asking.)
    1 Do we know anything about Hubbard first contacts with the electropsychometer? Including his own electro dermal response?
    2 and yes i am interested in thoughts about why the electropsychometer Emeter was designed and used. beyond the fact that https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volney_Mathison constructed the first E-meter in 1940. In the references later on https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E-meter seems pointing in different directions
    3 Anyone have an fact/opinion of Hubbard suffering from paranoid schizophrenia?
    4 Hubbard was obviously creative. Externalizations of his problems by A/being afraid of foreign inclusions B/Finding joy and power in life, fits the xenu implants theory. in my thinking, any comment on that?

6. Thanks AnonyMary says "thank you" for this post

Quote Originally Posted by dchoiceisalwaysrs View Post
    It is very difficult to track within your sentences. Are you also an expert?

As regards the parts I have underlined in your post you might consider the below quote.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissistic_supply

Psychoanalyst Otto Kernberg considered the malignant narcissistic criminal to be coldly characterised by a disregard of others unless they could be idealised as sources of narcissistic supply.[9] Self psychologist Heinz Kohut saw those with narcissistic personality disorder as disintegrating mentally when cut off from a regular source of narcissistic supply.[10] Those providing supply to such figures may be treated as if they are a part of the narcissist, in an eclipse of all personal boundaries.[11]

Am I supplying at least some of what you are asking for?
    Sorry for my bad english

Yes, the narcissistic supply and the codependency can explain some of the driving factors. to me itís hard to understand the fanatic defending of the church and how it is transmitted to normal persons without that sign to begin with.

The Fear of being without supply and the joy of having the power to supply.... Yes that's strong Driving factors Ö Thank you! Any thought about Hubbard suffering from paranoid schizophrenia?

8. Thanks tesseract says "thank you" for this post
    Likes tesseract liked this post

Try reading this thread. It has information about Hubbard's mental state:

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthrea...Was-he-Bipolar

10. Thanks Scientology, dchoiceisalwaysrs says "thank you" for this post
    Gold Meritorious Patron

Quote Originally Posted by JustSheila View Post
    Nice find, dchoice. I'm crossposting that to the MR thread.
    Some credit must certainly be given to grey crane in this post http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthrea...=1#post1143052 and the provided link on psychologytoday.

I really gained a lot from reading that https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...polar-disorder.

In particular an explanation of how one can become narcissistic.

"
    The developmental origins of a specific personality organization are not algorithmic. It's not like all people with strong narcissistic traits have been subjected to the same developmental influences. However, there is enough consistency in its pathogenesis to say it does frequently entail an individual's early needs to be developmentally more advanced than one's age, a sense of insufficiency, lack of adequate attunement from primary parental figures and an experience of the developing self thatís diffuse and not well-formed. And yet despite the experience of deficit, the narcissistically organized individual has learned to draw on specific strengths and capacities in order to distance from felt vulnerabilities or weaknesses. If you think about it, itís actually a remarkable early developmental adaptation."

and this is how the personality syndrome comes into play and manifests itself...

"Narcissistic individuals have developed the capacity to inflate, expand upon and intensify their strengths. They learn to lead with them in such manner that their experience of feeling small or vulnerable is masked by the presentation of just the opposite"

and then this

"narcissist is strongly invested in his or her strengths because they are employed in the service of protecting or buttressing the self against the experience of insufficiency. Temporarily, all are fooled by this compensatory counterbalance, including the individual behind the narcissistic mask.

and so I can see how intense oppression by the Cult can break a person ( narcissistic injury ), or drive them into a malignant narcissistic mode especially if that oppressed person has "stored patterned organizations or one might say "identity patterns' or perhaps somewhat akin to schizophrenia and similar to what is discussed in Identics.

And we get an uncontrolled (by the individual) shift of mental framework and a somewhat corresponding bewildering activity.

"But the dilemma is that the narcissist must intensely invest in the defense because any crack in the armor can lead to a precipitous collapse into realms of the self that are intolerable. The personality structure lacks adequate flexibility and the individual is prone to feel rapid onset of acute pain when his or her narcissistic style doesn't work well enough to acquire the love, admiration, power or control the individual was seeking. This pain, brought about by the rapid collapse of defenses, is what we refer to as narcissistic injury."

combined with

"Conversely, the narcissist's grandiose self-perception is more enduring. The experience of superiority is called into play with enough frequency that it's an integral aspect of the individual's self-perception."

There is much more in that article "The Relationship Between Narcissism and Bipolar Disorder" by

Russ Federman, Ph.D., ABPP is in private practice in Charlottesville, VA (www.RussFederman.com).

Anywhoo that is one look in on it. There are plenty more views around and about "Dissociative identity disorder (DID), also known as multiple personality disorder (MPD),[1] is a mental disorder characterized by at least two distinct and relatively enduring identities or dissociated personality states."

12. Thanks Scientology, JustSheila, Type4_PTS says "thank you" for this post
    Likes JustSheila, tesseract liked this post
    True Ex-Scientologist programmer_guy's Avatar

Also, narcissists like to use group humiliation on individuals.
    IMO, this is why there was overboarding when Hubbard formed his Sea Org and went off into the Mediterranean Sea.
    The emphasis on finding and describing "knowledge structures" that are somewhere "inside" the individual encourages us to overlook the fact that human cognition is always situated in a complex sociocultural world and cannot be unaffected by it. - Edwin Hutchins
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edwin_Hutchins

14. Thanks Scientology, JustSheila says "thank you" for this post
    Big List researcher

O well. This board has now existed for how many years?

And now someone registers with alias Scientology.

We're all almost obliged to say something we just hate to say:

Welcome Scientology!

Quote Originally Posted by TrevAnon View Post

<snip>
    The key word being "almost".

17. Likes Lurker5, TrevAnon, strativarius liked this post
    LOL! Lurker5 laughed at this post

Quote Originally Posted by TrevAnon View Post
    O well. This board has now existed for how many years?

And now someone registers with alias Scientology.

Welcome Scientology!

I'm sorry to be harsh on the newbie, but to choose the name scientology on an ex-scientologists bulletin board shows a distinct lack of imagination IMO and, dare I say, a touch of bad taste. Nobody died I guess, but it certainly didn't make me feel like welcoming him/her.
    To err is human, to purr is feline - Alexander Pope

19. Thanks Type4_PTS says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Lurker5 liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast