Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Scientology Paradoxes nothing new

Default Re: Scientology Paradoxes nothing new

While I'm on the subject of bad taste, I find this image offensive.

The fact that Hubbard has his greasy paws on a Fender bass guitar really upsets me for some reason!
    To err is human, to purr is feline - Alexander Pope

2. Thanks AnonyMary says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Lurker5, AnonyMary, JustSheila liked this post
    LOL! Lurker5, AnonyMary laughed at this post

Quote Originally Posted by Scientology View Post
    1 Do we know anything about Hubbard first contacts with the electropsychometer? Including his own electro dermal response?
    2 and yes i am interested in thoughts about why the electropsychometer Emeter was designed and used. beyond the fact that https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volney_Mathison constructed the first E-meter in 1940. In the references later on https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E-meter seems pointing in different directions
    3 Anyone have an fact/opinion of Hubbard suffering from paranoid schizophrenia?
    4 Hubbard was obviously creative. Externalizations of his problems by A/being afraid of foreign inclusions B/Finding joy and power in life, fits the xenu implants theory. in my thinking, any comment on that?
    I don't think Hubbard was psychotic until later years. Most of his works came about from a very vivid imagination which would have done all of us and mankind a favor if he's just kept it directed at writing Science Fiction. He was a narcissist, which is a personality disorder. From what I recall, his mental breakdown. the issues that demonstrated psychosis - paranoia were minor compared towards the later years of his life. I believe, as he got older and after years of hiding from government authorities real and imagined. For example...was hiding on the seas fort many years, later on land, after he was ordered to trial as an un indicted co-conspirator in a case in Spain, IIRC. His story is all over the internet. Google search keywords Hubbard scientology psychosis and you will find lots of information, including many guesses on his mental statuses.

Many here know he was nuts.... but it was a calculating, charismatic nuts
    ~ Mary McConnell, my nom de plume
    Internet Resources on Scientology for newcomers
    Narconon Reviews Get the facts about Narconon.
    Reaching For The Tipping Point A place to keep up on what is being done to expose Scn & it's front groups, like Narconon, CCHR etc to the general public. Lots of up-to-date info. Join us
    My Scribd Scn & Narconon Legal Dox
    Ex-Sea Org Helpline "...leaving the confines of Scientology is a process, not a single event."

4. Thanks Scientology, Lurker5 says "thank you" for this post
    Likes dchoiceisalwaysrs liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by ThetanExterior View Post
    Try reading this thread. It has information about Hubbard's mental state:

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthrea...Was-he-Bipolar
    Thank you!
    And here is see the complexity again, with suggestions ranging from Bipolar to Schizophrenia although related. Then comes... the narcissistic side of it...
    Quote Originally Posted by dchoiceisalwaysrs View Post
    Some credit must certainly be given to grey crane in this post http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthrea...=1#post1143052 and the provided link on psychologytoday.

I really gained a lot from reading that https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...polar-disorder.

In particular an explanation of how one can become narcissistic.

"
    The developmental origins of a specific personality organization are not algorithmic. It's not like all people with strong narcissistic traits have been subjected to the same developmental influences. However, there is enough consistency in its pathogenesis to say it does frequently entail an individual's early needs to be developmentally more advanced than one's age, a sense of insufficiency, lack of adequate attunement from primary parental figures and an experience of the developing self thatís diffuse and not well-formed. And yet despite the experience of deficit, the narcissistically organized individual has learned to draw on specific strengths and capacities in order to distance from felt vulnerabilities or weaknesses. If you think about it, itís actually a remarkable early developmental adaptation."

and this is how the personality syndrome comes into play and manifests itself...

"Narcissistic individuals have developed the capacity to inflate, expand upon and intensify their strengths. They learn to lead with them in such manner that their experience of feeling small or vulnerable is masked by the presentation of just the opposite"

and then this

"narcissist is strongly invested in his or her strengths because they are employed in the service of protecting or buttressing the self against the experience of insufficiency. Temporarily, all are fooled by this compensatory counterbalance, including the individual behind the narcissistic mask.

and so I can see how intense oppression by the Cult can break a person ( narcissistic injury ), or drive them into a malignant narcissistic mode especially if that oppressed person has "stored patterned organizations or one might say "identity patterns' or perhaps somewhat akin to schizophrenia and similar to what is discussed in Identics.

And we get an uncontrolled (by the individual) shift of mental framework and a somewhat corresponding bewildering activity.

"But the dilemma is that the narcissist must intensely invest in the defense because any crack in the armor can lead to a precipitous collapse into realms of the self that are intolerable. The personality structure lacks adequate flexibility and the individual is prone to feel rapid onset of acute pain when his or her narcissistic style doesn't work well enough to acquire the love, admiration, power or control the individual was seeking. This pain, brought about by the rapid collapse of defenses, is what we refer to as narcissistic injury."

combined with

"Conversely, the narcissist's grandiose self-perception is more enduring. The experience of superiority is called into play with enough frequency that it's an integral aspect of the individual's self-perception."

There is much more in that article "The Relationship Between Narcissism and Bipolar Disorder" by

Russ Federman, Ph.D., ABPP is in private practice in Charlottesville, VA (www.RussFederman.com).

Anywhoo that is one look in on it. There are plenty more views around and about "Dissociative identity disorder (DID), also known as multiple personality disorder (MPD),[1] is a mental disorder characterized by at least two distinct and relatively enduring identities or dissociated personality states."
    Thanks
    Yes, a complex personality that might have changed a lot as time went by.

Quote Originally Posted by programmer_guy View Post

Also, narcissists like to use group humiliation on individuals.
    IMO, this is why there was overboarding when Hubbard formed his Sea Org and went off into the Mediterranean Sea.
    Huh, lower the ground makes him higher, what a commander... on the commando bridge with all his onions of truth and a keelhauling of the discipleís mind, to lover their resistance - From Ohm to Aum.

Just to get Hugh.

Quote Originally Posted by AnonyMary View Post
    I don't think Hubbard was psychotic until later years. Most of his works came about from a very vivid imagination which would have done all of us and mankind a favor if he's just kept it directed at writing Science Fiction. He was a narcissist, which is a personality disorder. From what I recall, his mental breakdown. the issues that demonstrated psychosis - paranoia were minor compared towards the later years of his life. I believe, as he got older and after years of hiding from government authorities real and imagined. For example...was hiding on the seas fort many years, later on land, after he was ordered to trial as an un indicted co-conspirator in a case in Spain, IIRC. His story is all over the internet. Google search keywords Hubbard scientology psychosis and you will find lots of information, including many guesses on his mental statuses.

Many here know he was nuts.... but it was a calculating, charismatic nuts
    A nut with some bolts and a lot of things that many thought was the Omega-3 of the time & crackpot openings.

Also temporal lobe epilepsy was suggested. I lack the deep understanding in all this diagnosis and their inter-correlations. I guess the criteria of the diagnosis also have changed...

http://www.schizophrenia.com/sznews/...s/002374.html#
    In this article it suggests that LRH had a schizophrenia diagnosis but that could not be verified by the references... as far as i could follow. http://www.xenu.net/archive/ronthenut/
    "In the late 1940s at least two experts diagnosed L. R. Hubbard as paranoid schizophrenic. After that time, more and more people who worked for Hubbard observed him getting worse as the years passed. "
    It's just a statement without backup .. or?

This forum has a massive of discussions and references, that's fantastic!

Thinking around....
    Bluebird and LRH engagements in bluebird-pre-MKULTRA ARTICHOCE
    Pat Broeker, Blubird named after a phenobarbital brand
    and wonder what is known.

Not the best English in the world but still learning.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123