Page 47 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3738394041424344454647484950515253545556 ... LastLast

Thread: Marty Rathbun raises his head, and starts squawking PART 2

Silver Meritorious Patron George Layton's Avatar

Default Re: Marty Rathbun raises his head, and starts squawking PART 2

Quote Originally Posted by rickybobby View Post
    I'm betting that DM is very interested in these videos-- as a very visible manifestation that he has won, that he has, after all these years, money and effort, defeated and subjugated Marty. I think the feud between Miscavige and Marty is a personal one. Miscavige has been so laser focused on and mentally invested in intimidating Marty and getting under his skin for so long, that he never even stopped to consider if this war against him would still benefit Scn as a whole. DM doesn't care. This ugly episode is about two men who can't "quit" each other, and are unable to disengage from a feud that may not serve either one. These videos are serving two different purposes simultaneously-- Marty salvaging his vanity and trying to pretend he didn't capitulate, and Miscavige taking a victory lap.
    Couldn't they just take it to Target Two and settle it there?
    Each time I spot hypocrisy, it turns around and points at me.

2. Likes Lone Star liked this post
    LOL! rickybobby, scooter, anonomog, WildKat laughed at this post

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker5 View Post
    And maybe this: When dm has had enough of mr contritely licking his ass, dm will box up the last payment - and severance notice - for consulting services - a yellow plate with crap on it - dm's - two dabs for eyes, and a curved turd as the smiling mouth. Eat shit mr. And then where will he be . . .

Rue that freaking day maawteee . . .
    I watched Theroux's My Scientology Movie yesterday for the first time. At the end Marty was adamantly squawking about how "DM is going to rue the day he brought my little boy into this".
    I thought, "Well this sounds familiar". But Marty never really tried to make DM rue the day now did he?

I do think in the end Marty will be rueing the most out of everybody. He's set himself up to be royally effed by tiny fists. Getting fisted by tiny fists. Lol...

4. Thanks WildKat says "thank you" for this post
    Likes tesseract, Gib, Lurker5 liked this post
    LOL! scooter, Karen#1, DonkeyOT, Lurker5 laughed at this post
    Gold Meritorious Patron Churchill's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star View Post
    I watched Theroux's My Scientology Movie yesterday for the first time. At the end Marty was adamantly squawking about how "DM is going to rue the day he brought my little boy into this".
    I thought, "Well this sounds familiar". But Marty never really tried to make DM rue the day now did he?

I do think in the end Marty will be rueing the most out of everybody. He's set himself up to be royally effed by tiny fists. Getting fisted by tiny fists. Lol...
    For Marty, every day, from here on out will be Ruesday.
    -Len Zinberg

"One of the saddest lessons of history is this: If we've been bamboozled long enough,
    we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle. We're no longer interested in finding out the truth. The bamboozle has captured us. It's simply too painful to acknowledge, even to ourselves, that we've been taken. Once you give a charlatan power over you, you almost never get it back."
    -Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark

www.xenu.net

www.tonyortega.org

Gold Meritorious Patron WildKat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star View Post

I just watched it two days ago, since it finally showed up on Netflix. I really recommend everyone see it if they haven't already.

I didn't learn anything new about Scn or its abuses, but it was still fascinating to me, just from the perspective of seeing Marty posturing in front of the cameras, and seeing his evolution from two years ago versus now, with the spew he is spewing in his video series.

Theroux did a great job getting under Marty's skin, where he had a melt-down in front of the camera. The Big Button for him was "didn't you do these same dirty tricks to others that you're now having done to you?" He couldn't deal with that at all, and lashed out viciously at Theroux.

OSA/DM knew the best way to get to him was bring his adopted child into the war. I have no doubt they continue to push that button.

If Marty really wanted to be the Justice Warrior, he would never have gotten married or adopted a child. You don't take your family to a war with you unless you want to see them get hurt. It's inevitable. He had to have been aware of that.
    Last edited by WildKat; 17th July 2017 at 07:19 PM.
    Dismayed and confused by terrorist attacks? Educate yourself and take action. https://www.theobjectivestandard.com...inst-the-west/

7. Thanks DMSTCC, Karen#1, Lurker5 says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Aerial, Karen#1, DonkeyOT, tesseract, Lone Star liked this post
    Gold Meritorious Patron WildKat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Boson Wog Stark View Post
    ... CoS is melting from the Internet being poured on it.

Marty's videos trying to discredit GOING CLEAR or Leah's show are like trying to put out the sun with a bucket of crazy water....
    Great post, especially these lines, which made me LOL.

I could see a great T-shirt or poster idea for protests...

"Scientology is melting from the Internet being poured on it"

Could be fun trying to come up with a good graphic to show that.
    Dismayed and confused by terrorist attacks? Educate yourself and take action. https://www.theobjectivestandard.com...inst-the-west/

9. Thanks Boson Wog Stark, Jenyfurrr says "thank you" for this post
    Likes scooter, DonkeyOT, Churchill, Lurker5 liked this post
    LOL! Lulu Belle, Lurker5 laughed at this post

Quote Originally Posted by WildKat View Post
    Great post, especially these lines, which made me LOL.

I could see a great T-shirt or poster idea for protests...

"Scientology is melting from the Internet being poured on it"

Could be fun trying to come up with a good graphic to show that.
    I want it to be depicted using clay.

11. Likes Bluebell liked this post
    LOL! scooter, Udarnik, Lurker5, WildKat laughed at this post
    Silver Meritorious Patron George Layton's Avatar

I just watched it two days ago, since it finally showed up on Netflix. I really recommend everyone see it if they haven't already.

I didn't learn anything new about Scn or its abuses, but it was still fascinating to me, just from the perspective of seeing Marty posturing in front of the cameras, and seeing his evolution from two years ago versus now, with the spew he is spewing in his video series.

Theroux did a great job getting under Marty's skin, where he had a melt-down in front of the camera. The Big Button for him was "didn't you do these same dirty tricks to others that you're now having done to you?" He couldn't deal with that at all, and lashed out viciously at Theroux.

OSA/DM knew the best way to get to him was bring his adopted child into the war. I have no doubt they continue to push that button.

If Marty really wanted to be the Justice Warrior, he would never have gotten married or adopted a child. You don't take your family to a war with you unless you want to see them get hurt. It's inevitable. He had to have been aware of that.

All the profound insight that Marty alludes to have found through all of this and he was still so self involved that he couldn't see that he was bringing another child into this war. On Tony's blog today, Allen Barton has some real insight about the outcome of the study of scientology.

http://tonyortega.org/2017/07/17/new...-acting-coach/
    Each time I spot hypocrisy, it turns around and points at me.

13. Thanks WildKat says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Lurker5 liked this post
    Gold Meritorious Patron TheOriginalBigBlue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Boson Wog Stark View Post
    I agree about the desperation. CoS is melting from the Internet being poured on it. And from the beginning it has suffered from the delicate balance of trying to maintain secrets while still reaching out and appearing to be relevant, if not something extraordinary with superpowerz on top.

I can think of two other incidents which are examples of this, similar to things you mentioned. One was Hubbard demonstrating the attributes of a "clear" to the public. Another was DM and Tom Cruise's plan to make a splash with Tom's anti-psych drug statements. Hubbard never attempted that again, and Tom Cruise is no longer talking about Scientology to the public. It seems like it's almost forbidden, like talking about Xenu. Primarily, he's probably afraid about it affecting his box office. In so many words, I bet Tom has told Miscavige, no more birthday parties or special medals either. They're going to take over the planet one ideal org at a time, until there are no street corners left which do not have an ideal org.

And talking about desperation, the whole Marty thing may be small potatoes compared to DM's anxiety over actually getting a TV station running. The programming could backfire so badly. Will he really want to see clips of it out there on YouTube, like news vloggers show clips of Pat Robertson?

Marty's videos trying to discredit GOING CLEAR or Leah's show are like trying to put out the sun with a bucket of crazy water, so I don't think that's what it was really about.
    Right! Tom is another perfect example of what happens when you try to take on the role of spokesperson. This is why they must lean so heavily on front groups - not to just safepoint the environment and establish beach heads into institutions - itís because Scientology itself is toxic kryptonite.

I think in later years LRH must have presented a very poor personal appearance, obese, bad teeth, a chain smoker. He would have been a visual example of duplicity. He is making everyone else run around in rubberized suits and baking in saunas but did he ever do this himself out there in the La Quinta or Hemet desert? The Way to Happiness tells everyone to take care of their teeth but is he only telling us this now because he regrets neglecting his own so badly? He liked to surround himself with beautiful people. Ex-CMO guys, tell me Iím wrong - that there was no beautiful people criteria for selecting Messengers. The pinnacle of Scientology was supposed to portray an image of vitality and perfection that LRH himself could not live up to.

It is this duplicity problem that handicaps Scientology spokespeople. Scientologists are supposed to be advanced, sophisticated, above the fray, composed and exuding serenity of beingness. Tommyís in-your-face spittle fest might have been in perfect form per the OSA playbook but it didnít comport with public expectation.

DM didnít come across on Nightline as someone in control and confidant of their position - he came across as defensive, offended, manipulative and dominating. He alone sets the tone for OSA and so it is that OSA is all these things and OSA is quite literally Scientology PR so whenever they do what they do it looks bad.

Scientology exists in a kind of continually resetting time loop where everything must be forgotten within 5 years. At least that is one of the lessons I took away from my time in the Sea Org. I thought the massive RPF evolution in the late 70s was unique, a desperate response to desperate times. We were under attack by the great conspiracy. This was the Churchís version of the Inquisition, an aberration, and eventually LRH and the higher ups would do a data analysis and figure out what was going on and everything would be fixed. Scientology would become the shining civilization on the hill - never happened. Now we know they did this on the ships at the first opportunity LRH felt he had enough control to get away with it. It must have been frustrating to have to wait so long until he could throw people in the chain locker, over board and into the bilge. Then comes the Hole. This was Scientology, it's own self realization of potential, the ability for one man to crush another without restraint. If you change enough posts, transfers, disappear people to the RPF or meekly doing some subservient lower conditions, without access to outside information, no one is allowed to talk about the things that donít make sense, ethics orders blame everything on someone else, texts advices policies and history are constantly shredded and revised, the fine art of reinterpreting statistics to support PR or rationalize punishment is institutionalized - it becomes a real life version of Dark City where reality and expectations constantly reset.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_City_(1998_film)

Scientology Media Productions presents a serious dilemma for DM. He has to know that it just is not possible to make any kind of public statement about Scientology that canít be fact checked in a way to make them look bad. Just look at the Superbowl ads. What a bunch of mealy mouthed mush. You can keep that up for 60 seconds but to maintain ongoing TV programming, yeah right! I think SMP is and always was never going to amount to much more than an upgrade for Freedom Magazine (read: Scientology Pravda) and OSA PR. If Marty is doing these vids in cooperation with the Church then it is probably coming out of SMP or with their people. This probably is the SMP programming that we have all been waiting for.

I donít think it is possible for DM to not be obsessing over this. I think DM and Marty have taken up real estate in each otherís heads and because they both have so much dirt on each other they canít let go and they canít neutralize the other side. LRH micromanaged absolutely everything. How can we possibly expect that this would not be the case with DM? At least LRH could delegate by playing on peopleís good nature to build loyalty and carefully utilizing their particular aptitudes. Sure he would eventually get around to crushing them and tossing them under the bus after sucking them dry but now it seems more like crush them first then use them for whatever they might be good at. But then again, maybe LRH would be envious to not have to be so diplomatic.

15. Thanks Lone Star, Boson Wog Stark, scooter, Lulu Belle says "thank you" for this post

A set piece inspired by HelluvaHoax

Scene: Nuremberg War Crimes Trial, 1946.

Act 1 in which Attorney Rathbun defends his clients:

"My clients stand charged with starting a so-called 'World War' in 1939. False. Never happened. I was there in 1939. There was one single border incident with Poland. That's it. End of story. This 'World War II' business is a lie created by the Anti-German Cult! The entire world was not involved. South America, Mexico, Antarctica, large parts of Africa, Madagascar, Tonga, Tahiti, and so on were not involved. There was no World War.

"This dog and pony show here is just the AGC running a slick false black PR program. I was trying to bring some objectivity to the scene in 1945 when the Troika of Stalin, Roosevelt, and Churchill went to Yalta. That's where the Troika went into mutual out ruds and dramatized a border skirmish with Poland into a World War. The Troika was just doing for the money. They got paid to push this message. Before the so-called 'World War' Stalin was selling used furniture in Moscow. Roosevelt was a rich guy who paid reporters to say bad things about Germany. And Churchill was a nobody pushing a shopping cart in Piccadilly Square.

"The Troika promoted this 'World War' lie in various fora, radio, and newspapers. And the BBC tried to get me to say it was true and I refused. I mean, come on. Never happened. But the BBC and other fora didn't want to hear it. The Troika and their cult followers wanted to believe there was a World War. Never happened.

"And I need to make a pronunciamento here. 1939 was so long ago! This tribunal might as well be conducting a witch hunt against Hannibal for taking elephants across the Alps! Here we are in 1946 and what... the Polish thing happened almost ten years ago...
    Last edited by J. Swift; 17th July 2017 at 09:07 PM.

17. Thanks scooter, Karen#1 says "thank you" for this post

I was wondering if this when (Marty) the worm turned. It seems to me that up until this point, Marty was "Marty the Warrior."

As Theroux's film was coming out, Marty seemed strangley unenthused and his blog posts took a subtle, different and more conciliatory tone towards CO$. Then when the film was actually released, Marty was scathing and of the people involved in it.

19. Thanks Lurker5, WildKat says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Lone Star, tesseract, Leland liked this post
Page 47 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3738394041424344454647484950515253545556 ... LastLast