Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 95

Thread: Memory loss and other strange phenomena

  1. #11

    Default Re: Memory loss and other strange phenomena

    There was a long time member/poster here named Arnie Lemur....or something like that. He was continually stating that we were all hypnotized....( from being in the Cult...)


    Anyway, he was banned and no longer posts here.

    All I am saying is this is a touchy subject area here.

  2. Likes Lord Xenu liked this post
  3. #12
    Comfortably Numb strativarius's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Blighty
    Posts
    4,126

    Default Re: Memory loss and other strange phenomena

    Quote Originally Posted by Leland View Post
    There was a long time member/poster here named Arnie Lemur....or something like that. He was continually stating that we were all hypnotized....( from being in the Cult...)


    Anyway, he was banned and no longer posts here.

    All I am saying is this is a touchy subject area here.
    Oh yeah, I remember him. Wasn't he from Madagascar?

    Link
    To err is human, to purr is feline - Alexander Pope

  4. Likes Lord Xenu liked this post
    LOL! The_Fixer, tesseract, Leland laughed at this post
  5. #13
    Pagan Hypatia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Alexandria
    Posts
    1,029

    Default Re: Memory loss and other strange phenomena

    It's not the same for everyone. But re memory loss in general, I've heard many times that trauma, shock and personal pain can cause a person to forget or repress memories.
    I do not have a sig line.

  6. #14
    Comfortably Numb strativarius's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Blighty
    Posts
    4,126

    Default Re: Memory loss and other strange phenomena

    Quote Originally Posted by Hypatia View Post
    It's not the same for everyone. But re memory loss in general, I've heard many times that trauma, shock and personal pain can cause a person to forget or repress memories.
    I wouldn't say I've experienced any more trauma, shock and personal pain than the average person, but what a joy it must be to have a fully-functional memory. Mine is completely shot. For want of anything better to do I watch motor racing on TV, but when the pundits talk of the move such and such a driver put on another driver at last years Spanish grand prix as if it only happened yesterday, for me it may just as well have happened in another lifetime on another planet. It's just gone.

    I can remember fragmentary incidents that happened when I was nine years old, but I can't remember the contents of a book I read three months ago. It's very depressing.
    To err is human, to purr is feline - Alexander Pope

  7. Thanks guRl, Free to shine says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Leland liked this post
  8. #15
    Patron with Honors
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    134

    Default Re: Memory loss and other strange phenomena

    Quote Originally Posted by Leland View Post
    Wilbur,

    IMO, most of ESMB is about stopping the Cult now.....

    And

    What happened to people when they were in the Cult......and getting over it, "peeling the layers off" once out.

    But very little if any at all about what I am interested in....which would be some sort of "spiritual" ( theta really....because there is nothing spiritual with the Cult's "theta" ) attacks or "fair gaming" after one leaves....spiritually.

    Most would, I assume say it doesn't exist. Perhaps it doesn't. But I suffer none the less...from what I perceive to be just such attacks.

    Anyway....I wanted to make a couple statements...

    One....to "hide something from you" that is in plain view.....WoW...what a stupid game to play...if "one is playing it on you."

    If it is happening....to me it goes much deeper. It would IMO have an entirely different purpose....to cause distress.....disable....even to a slight degree...which is the beginning of "the wedge in." Done year after year.....one becomes more "wobbly."

    So....what is the solution? I don't know.


    Paul, the guy that posted above has pissed me off numerous times. He has a "therapy" that he promotes here all the time.

    Anyway, Paul.....for you to state as an (obvious fact in your post ) that.....Oh, gee, don't you know you have spiritual streamers emanating from your body.... is just the type of crazy shit I'd expect from you.....as "help" for someone posting in distress to what is happening to them, after the Cult.

    Your post really pisses me off. Typical Hubbard type stuff....(guru type stuff....)

    "Oh....everything will be OK, if you just don't think of the work Hippopotamus...." OF COURSE....on immediately thinks of the word......
    One wonders....one gets into a confusion....on gets "wobbly"....which is just the purpose of such a statement.
    Thanks for your post Leland. I've PM'd you about it (because I have included more details that I don't think it is appropriate to share on the board).

  9. Thanks Leland says "thank you" for this post
  10. #16
    Patron with Honors
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    134

    Default Re: Memory loss and other strange phenomena

    Quote Originally Posted by strativarius View Post
    I wouldn't say I've experienced any more trauma, shock and personal pain than the average person, but what a joy it must be to have a fully-functional memory. Mine is completely shot. For want of anything better to do I watch motor racing on TV, but when the pundits talk of the move such and such a driver put on another driver at last years Spanish grand prix as if it only happened yesterday, for me it may just as well have happened in another lifetime on another planet. It's just gone.

    I can remember fragmentary incidents that happened when I was nine years old, but I can't remember the contents of a book I read three months ago. It's very depressing.
    Yah, this sounds familiar. I can remember being pushed around in a pram when I was a baby. But if I have a letter to post, and need to go to the toilet first, the letter comes with me to the toilet. If I put it down, I'll have forgotten I was even supposed to have posted it by the time I address the call of nature.

  11. Thanks strativarius says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Free to shine liked this post
    LOL! Free to shine laughed at this post
  12. #17
    Patron with Honors
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    134

    Default Re: Memory loss and other strange phenomena

    Quote Originally Posted by Dulloldfart View Post
    This maybe only seems outrageous to someone who doesn't appreciate the spiritual side of human life and thinks it's only bodies interacting. Consider a human being as having all sorts of energetic "streamers" etc around them, and it's not so strange.

    Paul
    Yes, I agree that reading people's thoughts can happen naturally. The problematic part for me is that when it happens with this person, there are always two components:

    (1) mirrors what I was thinking, in the contents of her verbal comment.
    (2) what she says will ALWAYS make what I was thinking wrong, in some way.

    It happens too often to be mere coincidence. I sometimes feel like I am an appendage of her brain. Hehehe. Oh wait...Perhaps that's it. I'm not an actual person. I'm a compartment of her brain... Blow down F/N.

    Er, I mean "I'm me!!!"

    Fuck, I thought I'd been a Scientologist. In fact, I was a NOTs case BT on someone else, osmosing someone else's life that I thought was my own.

    (although the latter is, of course, a joke, the previous contents of my postings are NOT a joke, I feel I should point out, just in case anyone thinks I'm trolling).

    W.

  13. Thanks Dulloldfart says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Free to shine, tesseract liked this post
  14. #18
    Comfortably Numb strativarius's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Blighty
    Posts
    4,126

    Default Re: Memory loss and other strange phenomena

    Quote Originally Posted by Wilbur View Post
    Yah, this sounds familiar. I can remember being pushed around in a pram when I was a baby. But if I have a letter to post, and need to go to the toilet first, the letter comes with me to the toilet. If I put it down, I'll have forgotten I was even supposed to have posted it by the time I address the call of nature.
    In my case there might be some kind of autism at work. I can remember my past car registration numbers and telephone numbers and even though I don't recall ever making a conscious effort to retain it I seem to have always known my 9 character alphanumeric National Insurance number.

    Last year I amused myself one afternoon by learning how to solve quadratic equations (how sad is that?) I scoured the net for examples to solve (making them up myself would be cheating) and must have done hundreds of them. I'm buggered if I can remember how to do it now and it's not really that difficult.
    To err is human, to purr is feline - Alexander Pope

  15. Thanks Wilbur says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Free to shine liked this post
  16. #19
    BT-free since 2003! EZ Linus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    172

    Default Re: Memory loss and other strange phenomena

    Many disassociative disorders can come from PTSD, especially after being in a cult as harmful as Scientology. It's taken me almost as much time out as I was in, to recover. I'm not as messed up as I was, but I remember in the beginning having some of the symptoms you are describing. A ton of paranoia -- I will definitely admit. It manifests in all kinds of ways, but there it is. Anxiety on top of anxiety. You blow things out of proportion in your mind, it is a living hell sometimes. You don't even want to know what kinds of things I thought.

    Someone here said something that should ease your mind -- that it is very unusual, in fact, I say it is highly unlikely you are a paranoid schizophrenic. Especially in males, they are diagnosed very young, like in their teens. Thinking that other people are putting thoughts in ones head in the way a schizophrenic does would have been happening for a long time a long time ago. Don't worry about that. Trust me, I have known real schizophrenics. In my teens, my first love was diagnosed in the middle of our three year relationship.

    You're traumatized. That's what this is. Even if you think you're not traumatized, your body and mind are behaving, and playing life out, as if you are. It's very simple. This happens with people who have been in combat, victims of rape, abuse, violence, even people that have had organic loss that is profound in the context of their lives. Trauma is relevant. Women who have gone through sexual abuse will feel trauma in their bodies, whether they want to or not. Soldiers with missing limbs will have phantom pain because your body feels trauma. Your mind is no different.

    Start reading up on complex-PTSD. And if you want to know what happened to you, you might want to look into some of the psychology books on mind control, behavior manipulation, etc. (Dr. Margaret Singer). Robert J. Lifton wrote up some criteria on what makes a dangerous group. What signs to look for and/or what can start stripping you from your critical thinking skills. Learning about all that helped me to heal.

  17. Thanks Free to shine says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Glenda, tesseract liked this post
  18. #20
    BT-free since 2003! EZ Linus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    172

    Default Re: Memory loss and other strange phenomena

    Quote Originally Posted by Wilbur View Post
    Yes, I agree that reading people's thoughts can happen naturally. The problematic part for me is that when it happens with this person, there are always two components:

    (1) mirrors what I was thinking, in the contents of her verbal comment.
    (2) what she says will ALWAYS make what I was thinking wrong, in some way.

    It happens too often to be mere coincidence. I sometimes feel like I am an appendage of her brain. Hehehe. Oh wait...Perhaps that's it. I'm not an actual person. I'm a compartment of her brain... Blow down F/N.

    Er, I mean "I'm me!!!"

    Fuck, I thought I'd been a Scientologist. In fact, I was a NOTs case BT on someone else, osmosing someone else's life that I thought was my own.

    (although the latter is, of course, a joke, the previous contents of my postings are NOT a joke, I feel I should point out, just in case anyone thinks I'm trolling).

    W.
    Before you go fishing for every possibility within your imagination -- deep into your "unhandled case," now I'm especially going to urge you to read Lifton's Eight Criteria, and, if you can, please read a book called, Captive Hearts, Captive Minds (Tobias and Lalich). There is also such thing as a "cult of ONE." If you don't arm yourself with knowing what you're stepping into with this chick, you may be just as vulnerable as you were when you were bait for Scientology. You are vulnerable right now. That's the worst time to be hanging out with someone that is "always right." Or worse yet, that YOU think is always right. I say this because I care, bruthuh!

    The best thing we need to do for ourselves is to learn what our actual identity is and what our intuition is. We have to make new decisions that lead to concrete, real things. Real answers. OR, maybe even more importantly, be okay when there are NO answers. Not everything has an answer in the real world. It's a trick to live that way, but it's better.

  19. Thanks Free to shine says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Techless, Glenda liked this post
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. memory Loss and the OT
    By Mimsey Borogrove in forum Evaluating and Criticising Scientology
    Replies: 90
    Last Post: 10th January 2014, 06:39 AM
  2. In Out Phenomena ~ Can get out and won't go in!
    By Idle Morgue in forum General Scientology Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 24th February 2012, 03:47 AM
  3. OT Phenomena
    By haiqu in forum Human Potential, Self Discovery
    Replies: 124
    Last Post: 14th February 2011, 11:19 AM
  4. OT Phenomena
    By Recovering Scientologist in forum Leaks - Emails, Promo, Insider Info
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 21st May 2009, 07:41 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •